[Suggestion] WvW Achievements

in WvW

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

So … its been 862 days since game release and we’re still stuck with the same unrealistic WvW achievements we had since day one ^^

I had a feeling that this VERY IMPORTANT FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE topic went a bit too cold over the past few months so I decided to make this thread.

[MY VERSION OF WHAT ACHIEVEMENT SHOULD BE LIKE]

It is really a mystery to me why it is such a big problem for this to be solved. The achievements are already there, they all have assigned titles and only require a bit of reconstructing.

Compared to the 1,651 possible achievement points you can get from the “PvP Conqueror” our current amount of 809 possible achievement points is really poor. Therefor the WvW achievements should get some boost in overall amount of the points they can provide.

This is what I’d scale the current achievements to:

All the current achievements have 5 tiers of progression, I’d change that number to 9 tiers.
- This would inspire people to “push to the next step” a lot more.

All the current achievements give 56 AP, I’d change that number to 91 AP.
(from 1/5/10/15/25 model to 1/5/5/5/10/10/15/15/25 model)
- Realm Avenger gives 51 AP (not 56 AP) but it should be changed to the same amount as the rest.
- This would get the amount of AP you can acquire from WvW to similar number of what you can acquire from PvP.

Most of the the current achievement ask too much for the title. Titles are supposed to be had to acquire but not impossible (considering the average gamer life expectancy).

Realm Avenger: 250,000
Yakslapper: 1,000,000 -> 25,000
A Pack Dolyak’s Best Friend: 500,000 -> 12,500
Realm Defender: kitten
Master of Disaster: kitten
Repair Master: 1,000,000 -> 100,000
Take Everything in Sight: 1,000,000 -> 50,000
Going Camping: 100,000 -> 25,000
It’s Quite Roomy in Here: 100,000 -> 15,000
All We See, We Own: 100,000 -> 10,000
King of the Castle: 25,000 -> 5,000
Stay Out!: 1,000,000 -> 25,000
Walls Get in the Way: 500,000 -> 2,500
Stopped Them Cold: 500,000 -> 10,000
Nice View From Up Here: 500,000 -> 10,000
Stonemist Stands Firm–Again: 500,000 -> 10,000

These are all still VERY LONG TERM GOALS but are not impossible (for the biggest no-lifers). Of course the exact numbers require a much deeper debate, I just posted these as an opinion from my 4,700 hours of game play experience ^^

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

(edited by MARKONINI.4153)

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I would love to see someone who’s capped SMC 25 thousand times. Thousand. Seriously. Has anyone ever gotten this? What about defending SMC 500 thousand times? You would have to live there. Set up your cardboard boxes, drag in your used mattress, light a bonfire, and never leave.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I loved the joke threads earlier about how many months/years it would take to get some of these titles with doing nothing but flipping smc every 10 minutes etc for 40 hours a week.

Definitively agree that at the very least these should be reduced by at least 1 zero on each, probably more. I would love to see how many actually got some of those titles in the 2.5 years, I’m willing to bet on nobody having the defend SMC one.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

In gw1 you got title for each tier after the 3rd
Little like the actual wvw rank but you should show it to anyone and should gain achi points

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Took me a while to dig this beauty up where Devon Carter says achievements are idd a bit out of touch and they will be looking into it

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Titles-3/first

A whole year and nothing has happened so far. Revamp daily system? NP! Get rid of a few zeros of these wvw achievements looks like a no go.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

At this point I think they just added season and eotm achievements and called it good at that.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Your suggested values are still way too high compared to other achievement categories.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

Yeeeee……

The titles and achievement point values for WvW play are absolutely out of character with the rest of the game and we will be addressing that. What form that will take specifically I am not entirely sure.

I also remember this. But its been such a long time ago that I felt it would be a good idea to try and help refresh this subject.

At this point I think they just added season and eotm achievements and called it good at that.

I also though in this direction. But deep inside my heart I really hope it is not true

Your suggested values are still way too high compared to other achievement categories.

Its true they are … as I said, the exact numbers require further debate. But these achievements should represent long term goals and having some of their titles should be something to be proud of. Nerfing them too much would be a negative thing.

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Well at the rate WvW is dieing they are still the same level of impossibility than before unless you are T1 or T2

The achievements must be realistic even if you are playing in T7 or it will be just another reason to stack servers

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in WvW

Posted by: Roach.1395

Roach.1395

Here’s a thought: What if once you reached a specific tier of each title (ie- Yakslapper tier 3) then you could purchase a skill for say 300 WvW points which gives either additive or multiplicative progress (ie- Each Dolyak killed gives 2 or 3 points towards the title). I assume the programming on Anet’s end isn’t super difficult (considering the GW1 weekend events always did this) plus what else can you use your title points for beyond the first 1,000ish, when people are already getting to rank 10,000? (By the way I’m only rank 390ish so I’m not doing this for selfish reasons) I’d go even further to help get people into WvW: each rank in the additive/multiplier gives a REDUCTION in upgrade prices (ie- Yakslapper can upgrade can camps for 25% less, and having Ultimate Raider makes it 50% less). I always found paying to upgrade kind of counter-productive to WvW population: you don’t have to spend personal gold to contribute in PvE or PvP (yes I’m ignoring some special events like ‘donate orphans’) why should you for WvW? Authors Note: I’m not picky with the numbers, they are random and pulled out of the air: it’s the idea that matters more to me.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I used to have an opinion on this that seemed popular with people given the thumbs up i received. Unfortunately I was also labelled a disruptor of the community by Mark K.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Please-read-the-NEW-Sticky-thread-above/first

I hope for change, but I gave up caring a long time ago because they just hope you forget what they said they’d do.