Suggestion: WvW Observation Mode

in WvW

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

Observation mode in GvG was one of my favorite things in GW1.

There has to be a non-exploitive way to observe WvW action. Either only having the option to click on, or be “directed” by the cpu to orange sword battles, or:

Viewing other servers (those you’re not in direct competition with) orange swords, without being able to swing the camera too far away (if at all) from the action to reveal roamers.

(edited by hip.8435)

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

No, no and no……

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

hip.8435

No, no and no……

I don’t see the harm in being able to, at a minimum, view other server match ups. Especially during high queue times on reset night.

With ANet’s help, we should keep looking for ways to make WvW seem more expansive/inclusive, rather than looking at a bunch of numbers on the gw2score website to “imagine” how other servers in different tiers are faring.

(edited by hip.8435)

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

In order to avoid exploiting there should be a week long time delay.

Commanders could replay any last matchup’s moment from birds eye view and fine tune their tactics. Or talk more fact based crap on the WvW community forums. :P

The GW2 server already records tons of metrics. I doubt even those are not detailed enough to recreate any moment in the history of the game. This feature would require a lot of development.

Would players really be interested to see old matchups? I for one couldn’t care less, I just enjoy playing.

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

hip.8435

In order to avoid exploiting there should be a week long time delay.

Commanders could replay any last matchup’s moment from birds eye view and fine tune their tactics. Or talk more fact based crap on the WvW community forums. :P

The GW2 server already records tons of metrics. I doubt even those are not detailed enough to recreate any moment in the history of the game. This feature would require a lot of development.

Would players really be interested to see old matchups? I for one couldn’t care less, I just enjoy playing.

That’s a really good idea! Maybe not a week delay, but an hour or so behind the contest would still be interesting enough to watch without any exploitation and still feel “live”.

in WvW

Posted by: Dlarnkk.1068

Dlarnkk.1068

Do not disregard that WvW is not a timed instance like sPVP. It lasts for one long week, and persists quite a long time certainly. Where the world is dynamic, and everyone is constantly fighting. By going observation mode, you can actually coordinate with your commanders who are not in WvW.

By skype, of course. They’ll know of enemies’ location, where they at. Sees who’s flipping. This potentially creates a dangerous abuse. Taking advantage of the game provided, and going far with it.

I’m against it, OP. Sorry.

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

This is an interesting concept. As others have mentioned, I’d want to make sure it wasn’t being exploited. (No one wants to see what happens in the spawn area of TCBL. It involves honey, some chickens and other necessary items.)

But yeah, you’d need some sort of delay and then how do you decide where the camera pans at any given time? I mean in theory it would be fun to see what is going on in a BL when you are in queue but that would just get exploited. I’m seeing a “head cam” on the commander tagged up which is entertaining. Maybe an option with a delay that people could turn on? Complicated to pull that off though.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This is too easy to exploit, it’s a no go.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

There already is a 25% accurate observation mode/semi undetectable enemy scouting option, it’s called death watching.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Watch peoples twitch streams if you want to observe. Too easy to use that idea to spy.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

No.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Swedemon.4670

Swedemon.4670

Cool idea but the servers are already at capacity. You’d have to reduce the max population on a map to allow for observers. Or code something clever to minimize the amount of data observers receive in blob fights.