[Suggestion] WvW Reward Track

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

As has been stated in the past, WvW in general is more of a cash sink versus cash generator if you spend coin on upgrades, siege and the such. Also in general WvWers may tend to want to WvW versus run dungeons with some cross over here and there. For the PvPers there is the reward tracks. That system in general seems to have been well received. When first announced there was some threads here asking if that system could be also implemented for WvW. While other changes are being considered for WvW it would be nice if this one would also be revisited.

Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

They just need to take the rewards from the reward tracks and put them on vendors in WvW that can be purchased with badges of honor.

Allow us to buy a random dungeon token for 50 badges of honor.

Allow us to buy a leveling book for 100 badges of honor.

Allow us to buy a skill scroll for 10 badges of honor.

Allow us to buy the PvP skin with 1000 badges of honor.

Unlock finishers based on WvW rank.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

We need EotM reward track.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

They just need to take the rewards from the reward tracks and put them on vendors in WvW that can be purchased with badges of honor.

Allow us to buy a random dungeon token for 50 badges of honor.

Allow us to buy a leveling book for 100 badges of honor.

Allow us to buy a skill scroll for 10 badges of honor.

Allow us to buy the PvP skin with 1000 badges of honor.

Unlock finishers based on WvW rank.

Badges are stupidly easy to get in EotM. Any rewards should come from real WvW. PvErs have thousands of badges, often more than WvWers do. It kind of defeats the purpose if PvErs benefit from it more than players who are dedicated to only doing WvW.

@OP – Totally support the idea. WvW definitely needs more rewards. The ones we get are pretty pathetic compared to PvE and PvP.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

How about the game being the reward? How about being motivated by not loosing your towers and do your best? If people are only motivated by loot/XP/Karma they may remain in EoTM. I’m thankful for them not crossing over to WvW more. We already have enough of these parasites as it is.

I sometimes wondering if people have slots on the top of their head to insert coins that are spent to make them move around and seek more coins so they can continue to move…

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

How about the game being the reward? How about being motivated by not loosing your towers and do your best? If people are only motivated by loot/XP/Karma they may remain in EoTM. I’m thankful for them not crossing over to WvW more. We already have enough of these parasites as it is.

I sometimes wondering if people have slots on the top of their head to insert coins that are spent to make them move around and seek more coins so they can continue to move…

He’s on to the system! Quick, someone send in the agents.

in WvW

Posted by: Styles.7469

Styles.7469

He’s on to the system! Quick, someone send in the agents.

LMAO!

I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

I personally would love WvW reward tracks. I believe every aspect of the game should provide a player with progress towards their characters. In addition WvW Finishers would be a great way to identify our leading players from the guys who started this morning. I tell you what every time i see the pheonix or dragon finisher i make sure to check who dropped it.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’ve wanted a continuous reward track for WvW and EOTM since sPvP got one. Seriously, WvW rewards haven’t been updated for ages – with the exception of those hero weapons from the tournament – but that doesn’t really count cause it’s temporary and it depends on how well your server does (which is out of your control) – not how well YOU do.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Instead of a reward track, how about revamping the achievement system with repeatable achievements that reward you when they reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Styles.7469

Styles.7469

I’ve wanted a continuous reward track for WvW and EOTM since sPvP got one. Seriously, WvW rewards haven’t been updated for ages – with the exception of those hero weapons from the tournament – but that doesn’t really count cause it’s temporary and it depends on how well your server does (which is out of your control) – not how well YOU do.

That’s what WvW is…it’s server performance, not individual player performance (why do people keep kittening wanting everything to be solo content?). PvE has achievements on there that you cannot otherwise accomplish without multiple players, but the majority is already individually acquired. PvP revolves around having a small team of players, so it only makes sense that WvW rewards be based around your current server.

I have a low tolerance for stupidity.

in WvW

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

EotM zerg runners would praise you! Yes, the overabundence of tokens from EotM needs a home!

WvW players don’t get the idea. The tokens gained are so anemic in comparison to EotM.

This is why the reward track idea, which I suggested on this forum about 3 weeks ago https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-Rewards-5/first#post4489493 should be taken seriously. They aren’t gonna improve the current rewards in WvW as it will likely just over inflate the already overinflatted EotM rewards. WvW needs it’s own reward system along side what is currently in game.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

(edited by GOSU.9574)

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

I agree reward tracks that only work in specific battle grounds 1 for your home BL 1 for EB and 1 for attacking the enemy BL. You would get points for killing players points for capping anything even sentry and you would get bonus points for killing enemy players/siege in a tower/keep/sm Give us a reason to fight for our tower instead of back capping it in 5 minutes.

in WvW

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

WvW reward track similar to that of PvP tracks. 10/10 I support.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.