[Suggestion] WvW guild upgrades in EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Some days I don’t want to spend 2+ hours actually being useful in core WvW, but I want to WvW.

But then I can’t use any of my guild upgrades.

Sadness.

Is there a reason we can’t claim objectives in EotM?

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

I can’t think of a reason there are objectives in EotM. They might as well line up all the lord NPCs just outside the spawn for easier access. :P

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

This always been like this. Even in the old claiming system buffs wouldn’t work on EotM.
Either it is intentional or they simply don’t care as it have minimal impact.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Kylden Ar.3724

One could hope for it however. I would think it would help get some smaller guilds out of WvW ‘core areas’. I try to only claim camps or towers that have hit T3 with no claims just because we’re smaller and our aura is not max yet, but I wish we could use some of this stuff we built in EotM.

Kylden

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

The purpose of EOTM, other than farming karma, somehow eludes me. Everyone keeps complaining about this game mode, so why is it even there, why not remove it all together if everyone dislikes it, or idk.

Someone enlighten me.

I spent a great deal of time there since it’s more casual I guess except for when some elitists arrive trying to make a career there yelling at people when they do smth wrong and that’s when I politely remind them to keep it cool…

Back on topic, I don’t get what would you want to claim there. It’s a smaller map with fewer objectives. It would need an expansion. imo it’s pointless. It would mean creating more mess.

No. I would say fix WvW, focus on WvW so it’s more enjoyable. These polls and everything…… they’ve proven useless. I think what WvW needs is people who know what they are doing.

in WvW

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

This always been like this. Even in the old claiming system buffs wouldn’t work on EotM.

This has been fixed later. Only to be removed completely (again) with the new system.

in WvW

Kylden Ar.3724

This has been fixed later. Only to be removed completely (again) with the new system.

Which is my point.

Kylden

in WvW

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

Actually it would theoreticaly aid deffending against zergs which could lead to improval of standards in this grind map. Or it will scare all the “pve” trainers and noone will remain.

That said I don’t know why are upgrades not implemented there yet. Seems more like intention to me, more than anything else.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

The purpose of EOTM, other than farming karma, somehow eludes me. Everyone keeps complaining about this game mode, so why is it even there, why not remove it all together if everyone dislikes it, or idk.

Someone enlighten me.

I spent a great deal of time there since it’s more casual I guess except for when some elitists arrive trying to make a career there yelling at people when they do smth wrong and that’s when I politely remind them to keep it cool…

Back on topic, I don’t get what would you want to claim there. It’s a smaller map with fewer objectives. It would need an expansion. imo it’s pointless. It would mean creating more mess.

No. I would say fix WvW, focus on WvW so it’s more enjoyable. These polls and everything…… they’ve proven useless. I think what WvW needs is people who know what they are doing.

Well, when many played this game mode, and queued up all maps…the intention of Eotm was to give them a “lobby” to play in while they waited in queue.

It came too late imo when you consider 2 million players bought the game in the first 2 weeks while WvW at launch could only hold 20,000 ish at any given time…imagine if we could see those queue numbers back then!

As for claiming in eotm…why? All the upgrades accomplish is slowing down the game mode on the whole. Great, people will ktrain slower? Add on the fact that this functionality seems to take forever to implement.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta