[Suggestion] WvW play difficulty level

in WvW

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

Edit: We are talking about difficulty levels as in many solo games.

I want the playing difficulty levels to WvW. The difficulty is now fixed to “very hard”. I want play with level “easy”.

Daily gameplay seems to be mostly gankers killing us “easy” players. Some using high burst builds; as “easy” level player, I cannot counter them at all. As “easy” player, I prefer longer fights.

Fights are short and there is no time to learn to combat; so, we “easy” players stay easy food to these “very hard” players. Even in our moderate sized zerg, when and if we have one, 1v1 situations are very common.

First thought on how to implement this is to make added toughness mean something. “Easy” players would have incoming damage reduced more than “very hard” players.

For “very hard” players this would be “challenging game content”. Burst gankers actually needs to learn to play.

(edited by AnniMira.2506)

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They do that here’s what happens:

1. Players demand more reward for playing on “very hard” than on “Easy”.
2. ANet gives them a little more reward. Not enough to satisfy them, but enough so that the “Easy” players don’t moan that they feel forced to play on “very hard” to keep up.
3. Players don’t feel the risk is worth the reward so everyone plays on “Easy” and we’re back to where we are now with the more experienced players always winning against less experienced players. Except now, it’s even more likely the experienced player will win as he now has more room for mistakes than he did before.

Go to your profession’s WvW board and post your build and how you play it and ask the players there what can you do differently to let you have a better chance at winning more often.

in WvW

Posted by: Herzyr.2364

Herzyr.2364

????

The only way to can learn is by playing and getting stomped.

Maybe try some Dark souls? If you don’t put the effort to get better, then don’t complain about getting killed easily.

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

We don’t play WvW for rewards. Ask any who plays WvW for hours per day.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

the level of difficulty on WvW is inverted
upper tiers are the easiest and lower tiers are the hardest
you said that your on “very hard” so may i assume you are on T8?
try transferring to upper tiers for the easy difficulty

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Indeed. If reward and loot was what matter I’d be in silverwaste.

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

Herzyr, I do exactly that. I throw myself in to situations. And I feel how some profs/builds are overpowered compared to my, independent of player skill.

Here is combat log of occurence between my non-HoT necro vs Daredevil. Our small team was in fire keep lord room killing lord when Daredevil started sniping my char. As soon as I noticed someone was hitting me, I pressed f1 + 4 to give initial damage and to reposition. My damage is at lines starting with “/”. Shroud 1 of other necros makes 5k damage to my chars, but here my shroud 1 does next to nothing, only 810, even I have full zerk build. The “claw” comes from privateer rune’s parrot, which apparently is better player because it does most damage. Yarr!

3352 heartseeker
1111 double strike
1111 double strike
5483 heartseeker
1045 double strike
492 double strike
2305 wild strike
/ 687 life transfer
/ 150 life transfer
/ 632 life transfer
955 lightning strike
3497 shadow shot
/ 646 life transfer
1100 double strike
/ 153 life transfer
1079 wild strike
5173 heartseeker
775 flame blast
1541 double strike
1541 double strike
/ 810 life blast
/ 1277 claw
/ 681 mark of blood
7651 heartseeker
1528 double strike
1513 lightning strike
7821 heartseeker
absorb double strike
absorb double strike
727 impact strike
/ 1228 claw
4783 uppercut
4567 finishing blow

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

Norbe, you misunderstood. We are talking about difficulty levels as in many solo games. No mmo has them. This game is rated for 12+ years aged children; a child may choose level “easy” in WvW – as would me ^^

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This request doesn’t make a lot of sense. How are newbies going to access easy mode and more experienced players aren’t? They’ll just get the training wheels also and mop up the floor with you anyway. You lose nothing by dying in WvWvW, take your lumps like everybody else, discuss builds and rotations with others and recognize when you’ve messed up. There isn’t much you can do about being 7v1’d though.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

gennyt, all players can choose the difficulty level. I just did read threads here about expert players whining on overpowered this and that – “need to be nerfed”, you know. Those expert players could play with “easy” level too ^^

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Are you… running berserker armor? Your damage doesn’t look like you crit at all…

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Hansen.3264

Hansen.3264

Problem is high skilled level players can West berserker gear and live while eating new easy level players .

But the propperly wont remove serker gear.
Then easy players run in serker gear and dont doegde and die fast.

Same problem in spvp

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So you’ve polled every single WvW players out there?!

Never said it would be a majority who would ask and get it changed. And you can’t say that if there was a drawdown difference between the modes that even players not playing for the reward wouldn’t do an analysis to see what the risk vs reward would be.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Norbe, you misunderstood. We are talking about difficulty levels as in many solo games. No mmo has them. This game is rated for 12+ years aged children; a child may choose level “easy” in WvW – as would me ^^

this is not a solo mode game and so as the other mmorpgs out there as you said and a 12+ rated game but….
it is also for a 100+ year old game isnt it
meaning you will play as a 12 year old against a 100 year old players here
now the difficulty thing, its the mmr thats close to the TS request and thats on the PvP mode
where you normally would fight on the level of difficulty you are in now
and as of the changing of difficulty on an mmo game, “it would mean a slap to Charles Darwin’s evolution theory”
why would you want to degrade a human’s skill on purpose?

Attachments:

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

The pwning of the noob is a time honored tradition. This post is offensive to my culture.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

There is already an easy mode available. Its called PvE.

Try it sometimes. The enemies doesnt even dodge, they are kittentier than [most] zerg players!

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

You are using vanilla necro. You are doing it wrong.

Buy HoT, use Reaper. Doesn’t get much more easy mode than that.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~