Suggestion: WvW server channel on Chat Panel

in WvW

Posted by: Green Arrow.5689

Green Arrow.5689

On Tarnished Coast our wvw community has been discussing methods to improve communication across borderland maps during wvw.

We concluded that a server wvw channel in the Chat Panel would alleviate many of our current frustrations, and also enhance our community.

How would this suggestion help us? A player with the outmanned buff is doing sentry duty on a waypointed TC Hills. He or she sees incoming BG zerg to the north. There are no commanders on map and no response for help in map chat so he goes to mumble (IF he has it downloaded) and scrambles to find a commander and zerg who is available to help. Often by the time this is done, the BG zerg is in the Lord’s Room because of the delay, and the Keep is lost. If we had a server cross borderland channel that SOS call would have been seen by all TC players in borderlands, and those in teamspeak, mumble or even not in third party voice coms, could respond. And let others know they are doing so. This would make wvw much more dynamic. Guilds could work together and coordinate easily. Our new players entering wvw for the first time who have no idea about voice coms, would understand our server objectives and how we are one server fighting ACROSS borderlands.

It also has the potential to be great for server morale. XX Guild takes SMC after a two hour battle with JQ. They announce the take in server channel. Other guilds, havoc groups, random players could offer congratulations from across all maps. It would really strengthen our feeling as one server.

Trolls could be blocked.

We move maps constantly. Please consider giving us a wvw server channel that crosses borderlands in our Tier. We use /m for map chat, our /t team chat is redundant, but a wvw server chat would definitely not be.

Thank you for your consideration.

Green Arrow
on behalf of Tarnished Coast Council

Green Arrow -The United Nations of HEL
http://helioz.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

+1

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Murakami.5243

Murakami.5243

+1

definitely a great QoL update to have for WvW!

Golden Company X I I I [GC]
Developer of GW2 WvW for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/gw2-wvw/id653987126?mt=8

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Also a way to make call to arms in pve land?
+1

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Karril Daltaya.4980

Karril Daltaya.4980

This is a wonderful idea, I really hope we can make this happen. When we lost lion’s arch, all servers lost a really important way to get reinforcements. Having a server chat would help bring that back.

Tarnished Coast since Beta, now Banished forever to the Megaservers…

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

It’s a great idea. If it were server-wide in PvE areas too though, I fear it’d just be abused as a server-wide chat rather than kept for WvW matters. I mean ideally it would include PvE zones, but a sensible implementation would just be to include EBG + the BLs.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

Custom chat channels is something I have thought we needed since before launch. Also megaservers was a great idea and it needed to be done, but servers have lost some of their individuality since then and if you call for help in WvW currently you subject yourself to alot of grief from players on other servers. Players should not have to sift through 12 lines of “hur hur Tarnished Coast sux” “Dragonbrand so bad” “F**k Maguuma” to get something relevant from chat when they ask for help in WvW. Custom chat channels WORK in other games, good examples are DDO and World of Warcraft. Simple solution, give us custom chat channels. This would also cut back on guild strains since this pretty much would make guild alliances a real thing in GW2

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

(edited by Truearrow.3527)

in WvW

Posted by: MelkiorWhiteblade.4132

MelkiorWhiteblade.4132

+1

Alternative: custom chat channel that people can self join/remove.

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

+1 so needed especially now with megasevers!

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

+infinity

This was asked for at launch (and I think in one of the BWE’s it sort of even worked that way on accident but then all 3 worlds could see each others chat which wasn’t so good) and at the time a dev explained why it was not possible with their server configuration.

It was asked for again much more loudly when the megaserver stuff began roll out crushing individual world identity outside of WvW maps. I do not believe we were ever given any answer about if the feasibility had changed since launch but usually no answer means the same as before. I dearly hope someone somewhere in the background is still working on a way to provide a world wide WvW chat channel but I won’t get my hopes up until I see a red tag post on it.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

+1
This would help with calling people to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

+1

Great idea.

in WvW

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

+1

If nothing but to bring back server community in game. And make it so only native accounts to that server can read their server’s wvw channel.

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

in WvW

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Have another +1.

I made this suggestion in the Guilds CDI, of all places, as I consider it a QoL change to both WvW and Guilds (due to the Global setup now). We’ve had folks organizing a dungeon run, only to realize at the gathering spot that one or more members are on the wrong region cluster. The same goes for WvW runs – most of Operation Union / Legion of Honor is based on TC, except for the EU contingent and laggards like myself.

If the chats are using technology similar to the old IRC system, I believe it should be easy enough to implement.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

This is really necessary for WvW. I hope there’s some way that they can implement it, and that they’ll look into it, now that they’re focusing a little more on WvW.

A custom chat channel would be ideal, because then we could have it across PvE and WvW, and re-gain the ability to call for help to PvE militia, while also being able to remove trolls that try to use it as a world chat.

Barring that, though, just a WvW-specific channel that spans all (non-EotM) WvW maps would be a massive improvement.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

When the Mega Server system hit, I quickly posted that we require some way of communicating with our server mates only. I called it “World Chat” or something like that. I still feel it’s a requirement today.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Assuming it’s only visible in WvW maps (and not PvE), then +1.

Something visible to everyone registered on a server would just become a massive spamfest.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

This should have been available a long time ago.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

+over 9000

Implement this Anet. Please Implement this.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Edelkirsche.9836

Edelkirsche.9836

+1 from me to

Suggestion to stop the Spamfest from happening:
Only character in the Borderlands are able to post in the Worldchat.
Example:
Susan Ryneheart (Eternal Battlegrounds): keep is under attack need help asap wg!

Susan Ryneheart | Little Sumsel
Officer of Leaping Knights [JUMP] (Fissure of Woe)