Suggestion: add Airships

in WvW

Posted by: Moo.3408

Moo.3408

This is a great way to make defending worth while. Airships cost 5000 supplies, and you can only have 1 for each keep you control, if at any point you have more airships than keeps, the extra Aship will crash. The Aships must be created in the controlling keep. There are 5 cannons on the right and left, and 5 on the bottom pointing down. (I have no idea what driving system there should be that is entertaining, and usable by players.) they will be high enough so that a treb can’t hit them.
To defend against these, you will need AA guns. You have one per tower, and two per keep(talk to quartermaster for upgrade) the Aship can’t destroy these, so you need ground forces. The AA guns will do MASSIVE damage to these, so think ahead.
To make this more interesting, if they added gliders in wvw, you could board other ships and drop.
You might say dropping troops is OP, and there are 3 ways to controll this:
1. Make Anti-gliding personnel guns
2. Make AA gun have extra high range
3. Limit it to you must build drop ships on Aship
Please give thoughts, questions and opinions, and remember the coast and restrictions.
Edit: maybe stone mist castle gets five AA guns

(edited by Moo.3408)

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

This subject again?

in WvW

Moo.3408

This subject again?

Didn’t see it anywhere

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

this sounds like a suggestion to make the entire game about airship meta :/ I must decline.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in WvW

Moo.3408

this sounds like a suggestion to make the entire game about airship meta :/ I must decline.

Suppose to be a siege attacking vehicle, not as much defense. Estimate it might take 1-3 minutes for 2 AA cannons to destroy it. While I say this, I see your point. But for it to be effective you need people in the cannons( the bottom ones) and let’s say there is a 30 second lift off, and you can hurt your own gate(possibly), it would be more offensive.

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

This subject again?

Didn’t see it anywhere

I remember seeing airship in WvW threads about every 6 months or so.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Paratroopers dropping into smc from dirigible gun ships?

Too awesome to ever happen, sry walking into battle is a we will ever get v_v

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.3072

Krustydog.3072

Tanks. I like tanks. But I guess we already have siege golems. How about we can put players in catapults and sling them? Now that would be fun. If you hit anything vertical-SPLAT!

SoR FTW

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The wvw maps are simply too small for these kinds of vehicles. Its not going to work. If they where 100-200% larger perhaps… but thats not going to happen in GW2. I have high hopes that GW3 will make WvW bigger, better and introduce vehicles (charr tanks, airships and ships, everything we see in GW2 PvE). But thats about as far as I go. And its no doubt years away.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The wvw maps are simply too small for these kinds of vehicles. Its not going to work. If they where 100-200% larger perhaps… but thats not going to happen in GW2. I have high hopes that GW3 will make WvW bigger, better and introduce vehicles (charr tanks, airships and ships, everything we see in GW2 PvE). But thats about as far as I go. And its no doubt years away.

Dev comfirmed GW3 will be later than 2020.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Also keep in mind GW2 does not support moving platforms, so your images of people standing on a deck of a moving airship ain’t gonna happen without a major overhaul to the game engine.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Also keep in mind GW2 does not support moving platforms, so your images of people standing on a deck of a moving airship ain’t gonna happen without a major overhaul to the game engine.

“Victory or Death” had moving airships, right?

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Nope. Just an illusion of movement while the ship was stationary the whole time. The engine just doesn’t support it. Sure you can see other airships moving, but those are not solid, they’re just props with no platforms to stand on.

Think about it for a second and you realize it’s a sad fact. Technology is everywhere in GW2 yet we have zero elevators, escalators or belt conveyors. Why? Because they would not work.

There is an elevator in Camp Resolve. Try to get into it when the door opens? Nope. Try to jump on it? Nope, it’s blocked for the whole height.

What about windmill blades? Surely you can jump on them? Nope, they don’t have a collision box at all.

GW2 does not support moving platforms. Plain and simple.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I have only one thing to say about this.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

My life is a lie.

To think they’d rather move an entire map/zone around a platform instead of making it move on its own. lol Good for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Nope. Just an illusion of movement while the ship was stationary the whole time. The engine just doesn’t support it. Sure you can see other airships moving, but those are not solid, they’re just props with no platforms to stand on.

Actually VoD’s best part is the fact the ship’s not moving.. I mean did you ever summon a banner/use Ice storm on the ship?
IT WILL MOVE BACKWARD!
FLYING/RUNNING BANNERS!
Last time we did it, we had so much fun on TS while trying to outrun the flying banner.. Ohh, Zhaitan is over there? Quaggan it, the banner’s moving!
And jumping down trying to wp back before dieing is a nice #esportz mode, who can wp back later while still alive!

Yes, wvw players in pve..

Btw to say something about Airships..
The more “pvp” (not pivido, not npcs, not automated turrets, not sieges) wvw has the happier I’m, so anything that comes with more siege/automated turrets gets a big NO vote from me

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Bubi.5237)