Suggestion, reduce points from EBG

in WvW

Posted by: NiVy.3249

NiVy.3249

I guess there was a reason EBG was introduced in the game(dont care what it was), but
what noticeable is the fact that it takes focus from WvW and it has essentially become BvB(Blob vs Blob). The blob jumps around from map to map and that is the meta right now.
It separates the server dividing it in 3 with one big blob jumping around.
Instead, imagine having half your server defending an attack while the other half puts pressure on the attacking server by attacking their boarders.

I think something like that can be achieved by reducing the points/tick from EBG and focus on making it more appealing to the small scale fights and roamers for example you could remove AC’s and Treb’s, reduce cannon damage and soften up lords and mercs.

To sum up, reduce the amount ebg contributes to a servers score and maybe make it more smallscale, roamer focused by making a few changes. To put an end to all the map jumping and more focus back on boarders.

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

You assume some players go to EB for PPT.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Wait. You saying the most played map in the game is a problem?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Making it more appealing to smaller groupswill just make it that much more appealing to blobs as they will now run over it in 1 second instead of 10. If you want to discourage blob wars then you need to discourage blobbing up for everything and encourage running in smaller groups. There are several ways to do this, my personal favorite is to have PPC that scale inversely with the amount of people that participated in taking an objective. This way, blobs can still mow down everything, yet small coordinated havoc groups that take down upgraded towers or even keeps with just a few people will still contribute a good amount to the warscore.

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Remove AC and trebs and Mag will own the entirety of EBG within 10 mins… also seriously EBG is the most played map on any server, you want to mess with that?

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Digikid.7230

Making it more appealing to smaller groupswill just make it that much more appealing to blobs as they will now run over it in 1 second instead of 10. If you want to discourage blob wars then you need to discourage blobbing up for everything and encourage running in smaller groups. There are several ways to do this, my personal favorite is to have PPC that scale inversely with the amount of people that participated in taking an objective. This way, blobs can still mow down everything, yet small coordinated havoc groups that take down upgraded towers or even keeps with just a few people will still contribute a good amount to the warscore.

People caring about warscore in 2017 LOL

in WvW

Posted by: James Rustler.7860

James Rustler.7860

Remove AC and trebs and Mag will own the entirety of EBG within 10 mins… also seriously EBG is the most played map on any server, you want to mess with that?

I think they should replace EBG with another Desert BL for a while. I’d expect someone from Mag to appreciate the amount of salt that would generate.

in WvW

Digikid.7230

I think they should replace EBG with another Desert BL for a while. I’d expect someone from Mag to appreciate the amount of salt that would generate.

We would fall to t4 within a few weeks with that, I would appreciate the salt but also hate life at the same time if I was forced to play on that BL.

in WvW

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Wait. You saying the most played map in the game is a problem?

They are — because they believe that WvW would have better battles (and smaller squads) if the borderlands were the only places to fight.

It’s … well, I don’t agree, but it’s a coherent theory.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Hm… So, if all the blobs are on one map… EBG… Then…

Wait for it…

The borderlands would be perfect for small scale. Which they are already.

It’s a lot safer to roam in the BL’s because the zergs congregate in EBG for the most part. If you want a map that’s better suited to small scale, you already have it.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Hm… So, if all the blobs are on one map… EBG… Then…

Wait for it…

The borderlands would be perfect for small scale. Which they are already.

It’s a lot safer to roam in the BL’s because the zergs congregate in EBG for the most part. If you want a map that’s better suited to small scale, you already have it.

Let’s not mention that there is also that one map that even less people normally go…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Players go to EBG because you can get into the action faster, since everything is closer and there’s that big castle in the middle which attracts fights like flies to honey.

Making the borderlands worth more points isn’t going to bring back small scale havoc groups because ppt isn’t the problem there, it’s the junk the expansion forced into the game is what holds back those groups, stuff like emergency waypoints, watch tower, guild cata increased cost etc are things that made small groups useless.

Besides as others have mentioned, if the blobs are already on EBG, that leaves more room to get small stuff done on the borderlands, trying to take their keeps is what gets their attention.

Lastly, there aren’t that many that want to command, hence why most times you only see one tag around on a map and why you see one blob running around, unless it’s prime time and multiple guilds are running.

If you feel the need to change the best wvw map (voted on by the players that choose it over the other maps almost every kitten night with queues), in order to make other maps look attractive to play on, then there’s problems on those maps you should be making suggestions on and not trying to break EBG.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

The extreme lag keeps me outta EB already.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I read the OP’s post as ‘dear Anet, something is working, please break it’.

With the dwindling populations the bigger issue is having 4 maps to play on, only one of which the players gather on, and one that is mainly avoided by most (Deserted BL).

If there was a dev team working on wvw, then I’d hope they would work on reducing the number of maps and increasing the numbers on each map.

I think two identical maps modelled on something similar to EB but with 4 servers instead of three would be great fun and would break the current stale match ups. But it just isn’t going to happen in GW2.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Making the score worth less on ebg? You think the guys in ebg are worried about the score? lol EBG is fine. LEAVE THE MAP ALONE

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

EBG is WvW – it has all three side present on a nearly equal map (looking at you, Red keep…). You can’t get more WvWvW than that!

It wouldn’t be right to reduce the points from EBG – for some players it’s the map they (very much) prefer – why should their effort suddenly be worth less?

In reality, your original post is actually a complaint about blobs porting in from another map and jumping back out afterwards. This happens and is a player thing not a feature of a particular map.

Being on a linked server I’ve seen all sorts of game play.

• One server we were linked to runs a large blob that map jumps everywhere, taking and defending as the scouts call in targets/support.
  • Another server has a dedicated EBG group who won’t support a BL no matter who asks or how often, but they keep their colour solid in EBG and help that way.
  • Yet another server spreads small groups across all the maps and they come together to defend or attack as requested in team chat.

These are all valid ways of playing WvW, and have been for years.

in WvW

Posted by: perseco.8321

perseco.8321

EBG is WvW – it has all three side present on a nearly equal map (looking at you, Red keep…). You can’t get more WvWvW than that!

Let me stop you right there for a minute and remind you it was designed to be that way. If you list the EBG keeps in order from most to least vulnerable, it goes Green-Blue-Red, correct? It was designed that way to coincide with the position each server was in during the previous week. If your server was in third place the previous week, that would usually make you Red after reset. Red would have the least vulnerable keep in order to give them a better chance in the new week. I’m sure that was also part of the devs thinking when they chose to have Red BL be the Desert BL with the somewhat recent mixed-map changes.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I’m sure that was also part of the devs thinking when they chose to have Red BL be the Desert BL with the somewhat recent mixed-map changes.

So giving the most annoying map to defend is part of the grand scheme to help the red team? Nah… Since they added the RNG rolls in the matchups, the whole concept of red being the weaker server got flushed down. Honestly, I think they just picked red for DBL because Red was the BL in the middle…

Oh and I think Valley is much easier to take than Lowlands.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

LOL – I wondered if the “nearly equal” might be a bit contentious, and I know the map could be improved a bit, but whatever you think of the layout in EBG the fact remains that it is still a good example of WvWvW on one map, and this is not a good reason to penalise play there.

Let’s try to keep replies on topic, and address the (in my opinion) unjustified call for EBG to be worth less than the BL maps because of blobs map hopping.

in WvW

Posted by: Peazomanco.7259

Peazomanco.7259

A border has much more influence over ppt than EBG so i don´t see the problem.

The problem is the annoying lag when a triple fight goes on.

Is the desert borderland which need a huge review, most people I have talked to hate that border.