Suggestion: "tagless" commanding.

in WvW

Posted by: ozzeh.7398

ozzeh.7398

I think it would be beneficial if commanders had an option to run ‘tagless’. That is to say I want people with commander tags to be able to run around without a pin over their head or on the map. This would allow guild groups to do their thing and practice without attracting unwanted attention.

So why not just make a squad without a tag? People won’t see your group on the map right?

Without a tag, you can’t utilize markers, lieutenants, share squad participation and so on. As it stands right now, guild groups that want to run tagless generally have to designate one person to sit at spawn doing nothing with a tag up. Now where’s the fun in that?

Anyway that’s all I got.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I have found that if we want to run a squad without the commander tag just create the squad, have the commander drop out then someone invite them back to the squad. Keeps the squad without the tag.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

To quote Anet: No, not going to happen.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I think it would be beneficial if commanders had an option to run ‘tagless’. That is to say I want people with commander tags to be able to run around without a pin over their head or on the map. This would allow guild groups to do their thing and practice without attracting unwanted attention.

So why not just make a squad without a tag? People won’t see your group on the map right?

Without a tag, you can’t utilize markers, lieutenants, share squad participation and so on. As it stands right now, guild groups that want to run tagless generally have to designate one person to sit at spawn doing nothing with a tag up. Now where’s the fun in that?

Anyway that’s all I got.

as mentioned above… all you have to do after creating the squad is to drop out of it then rejoin. You then have a squad with no tagged commander. Works like a charm.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

We already have this. Target your driver. =)

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

Anyway that’s all I got.

as mentioned above… all you have to do after creating the squad is to drop out of it then rejoin. You then have a squad with no tagged commander. Works like a charm.

Yes, but why does this have to be such a hassle? Why can’t the squad just see the commander tag?

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

So its easier for them to exclude those they dont want them to follow around for whatever reason.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Anyway that’s all I got.

Yes, but why does this have to be such a hassle? Why can’t the squad just see the commander tag?

Because Anet is against the general idea of people running tagless. But they are nice enough to allow the current version of it. And if people keep pushing for it, Anet are more likely to remove the current one than add a proper tagless squad. So stop it.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

My guildies have discussed that it would be nice to have a Guild Commander Tag that only guildies could see. We have WvW nights where we run as a group. Invariably we start out as a small havok group and end up as a largish zerg because folk flock to any tag they see. It would be so much better than having to throw a target onto our leader. If the squad is broken down into parties then only his party would see that anyway.

I would also like to see the tag of the squad you are in to be a bit larger than the other tags so you can easily spot the commander you are with in a crowd. It would help if there were more than one commander with the same color tag out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Will never happen because carebears. McKenna chimed in on this same topic a while ago Anet is completely against players choosing who they play with, and having their own activities with the full functionality of a Commander tag if they don’t want to show their tag on map.

Like others have mentioned in this thread, we don’t think this would be a healthy feature for WvW. Many players will not participate in WvW if they don’t see a commander tag, and we try to avoid adding features that can be used to exclude players.

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Will never happen because carebears. McKenna chimed in on this same topic a while ago Anet is completely against players choosing who they play with, and having their own activities with the full functionality of a Commander tag if they don’t want to show their tag on map.

Like others have mentioned in this thread, we don’t think this would be a healthy feature for WvW. Many players will not participate in WvW if they don’t see a commander tag, and we try to avoid adding features that can be used to exclude players.

best answer…..so guys stop asking because its been asked and flatly refused by ANET with clear explanation as to why.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Sell an invisible tag for wvw boom problem solved. Anet makes money and people who want to be left alone from pve players can have privacy to have a guild only run and still get a squad pip.