Suggestions for WvW

Suggestions for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Let me start by saying, I love WvW combat. It’s what I have been waiting for in an mmo since I moved on from a game that is well known but showing its age. As or right now I’m on ET and well I go out and fight whenever I’m on we are losing bad it’s pretty much a blow out and looking across the brackets this seems to be a common problem. So here are my suggestions on how to bring WvW more in line with what I beleave it was intended to be.

Short term changes.

1) swap buffs from under manned and relics. Making the strong even stronger is not really helping motivate people to keep up the good fight.

2) limit the server transfers by average wait time for wvw, transferring to a server with no to less then 15 minutes average wait is free, to a server with 16-59 minutes 800 gems, to a server with 1 hour +, 1600 gems

3) roll back to a 4 day game till things start to even out server rating wise. Right now we can’t get a good rating due to people moving servers so often.

Longer term changes.

1) maps need to grow larger, as is it is to easy to move a Zerg around the map limiting what a smaller group of players can do.

2) add a realm rank system that adds a sense of progression for your character in WvW. This can be done by adding thing like skill points for ranking up, non combat movement speed increase (bigger maps would make this good), titles, armor skins, increase karma from wvw, increased silver from wvw, reduced cost of siege, decreased cost of badge items, increased badge drops. This is just a small list of things, ranking could go from 0-100 and could take a long time to get. This adds a reason to keep fighting even if your server is being blown out.

3) with the map change, remove pve events from the wvw map, add a pvpve dungeon to wvw, this dungeon could have an entrance from each bl map that has pve events that move you deeper into the dungeon and closer to your enemy ultimately having hard bosses to fight well at the same time trying to keep your enemy off you well you complete it.

Anyways these are just my suggestions, I’m a mechanic not a game designer so take it easy on me guys! Thanks for your feed back and suggestions in advance just incase I can’t get back to your replies in a timely fashion.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Suggestions for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I see that people are reading this any feedback would be appreciated.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Suggestions for WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

i completely agree with your first idea about swapping the two buffs. server transfers just need to stop being free to better rank the servers, with moving populations it is hard to get actual ratings. i also think the matches shouldnt last less then a week, it makes purchasing upgrades for things less tempting when u know it can only last at most 4 days, i personally didnt spend money on upgrades till the 1 week matches started