Suggestions to Improve WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Delois.3974

Delois.3974

Good Day, would like to add my suggestions and encourage others to post theres on ways to improve the new WvW. I will bold the TLDR for quick reading. Feel free to post yours and I will add to my lost.

1) There have been a lot of requests of people wanting the onld BL’s back. While I think most of the population disparity is because of people getting there PvE on, I do wish I could go back to the simple map here and there for an easy roam and not worry about getting lost. I would suggest changing only the top BL (red) to always be the old BL’s and the outside BL’s to remain desert.

2) Scribbling / Guild upgrade costs are expensive. I dont mind them being expensive to unlock, but the cost to make them every time is what kills me. The cost to tower upgrades was removed since WvW is not a large money gain as is, and was an unneeded gold sink before. I suggest that players in WvW and caps drop items that are exclusively used in making siege with the scribe and removing the large gold cost from them and also making it something that needs to be earned… by doing WvW Guilds already have a time based limit on how much siege they can make, if you want to limit how much upgrades a guild can do, limit it this way.

3) Leveling scribe to be able to craft these things is ludicrously expensive. If you want it to remain expensive and something to be earned over a long period of time either bind scribe level to the guild or reduce siege crafting requirements to a lower level so that people can craft them Have you guys seen what happens when you hit ~150g scribe?!

4) Movement based events. While I am not a big Eotm guy, something that it had that I think should be more used is movment based captures. Shrines do a fair job at making your own keep better, but when you zone into a map you often have 10min+ walk to a pin. An example of this event would be something kinda like worm tunnel. Have 2 points that you must both own that can move people large distances. This will bring more strategy and choices on how to deal with attacks and at the same time give the payers more things to decide. (Want to leave some players behind so they can defend so that your reinforcements can keep pouring in? Or just push and know that your reinforcements may be greatly delayed.) This could even be another oasis event. I would love an event that gets us to collect parts so we can make a player catapult/cannon at our keep (removed when capped, only 1 up per map, seigable).

5) Catch-Up Mechanics. If your server is far behind, let them get points. I hate at the end of week were I have little urge to WvW since the score is set and nothing I can do will change it. Maybe something like…. (Team above you in place/Your score) score value on anything that changes score. For an example, this week, BG is at 197k and JQ is at about 179k. This would mean JQ earns 1.1 point per 1 point. (I do think formula needs some work but thats a base idea to work off of.)

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

1) ArenaNet won’t use different borderlands for ‘balance’ purposes.

2) I agree would be fine if these were a one time expensive cost and they unlocked permanently but it’s expensive to have to remake them every time, and we all know WvW isn’t not the best at giving out rewards.

3) This isn’t so bad because it’s just a one time thing. Once this gets up the problem will have gone away. Feels good to unlock things that require some ‘effort’

4) The whole point of the new maps being slightly larger (they aren’t that much bigger than the old ones) and a bit longer to get between objectives is so that zergs can’t defend multiple maps at one time. Either by WP into a keep with wp and being right one the ‘frontlines’ or as you suggested all taking a tunnel to get to the battle quicker. Maybe if there is some one person at a time use (like the fire hounds) with a few minute cooldown it could work for people catching up to the zerg (a few stragglers).

5) This is not a good idea because of how the Gliko system works. What we really need is rewards based on Gliko gains for a matchup, because Gliko takes every point into account it is already designed for players to ‘want’ to play and get as many points as possible. If you introduce a ‘catch-up’ mechanic then servers will just slack off earlier and then catch up later. They will basically be earning more Gliko with ‘less-effort’. Also would favor servers that play later in the week rather than earlier.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]