Suggestions to fix wEXP fiasco.

in WvW

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Easiest way to fix it would be to remove the wLvl, but if it must exist for whatever reason, here are some changes that need to be made.

• Remove base rewards for capturing towers/keeps/Castls/Camps. Capturing a property with no upgrades yields no rewards.
  • Add a reward capture reward proportional to the amount of gold and upgrades gone into the properties.
  • On that note, scale points in accordance to the upgrades put into properties. This should have been the case to begin with, but whatever.
  • It would also help to make it fun to upgrade and build things.
  • Optional- Put a daily cap on the amount of wEXP obtainable.

If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to throw them out.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

What’s wrong with it?

The zergball mentality will die down in a few days. People need to be patient.

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

What’s wrong with it?

It’s only been a few hours and there’s no “fiasco” except the queue bug.

in WvW

Posted by: oli.4786

oli.4786

What fiasco? I like it how it is. Daily cap on wEXP…? Why, so you don’t get left behind…? I see no reason to add this and punish active players.

in WvW

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

It’s a fiasco because it promotes a playstyle opposite than intended. It was intended to reward players for what they’re already doing. In reality it encourages grinding via zergballing. You can’t “play the way you want” with active zergballs rolling through the map.

An exp cap prevents players from grinding through the levels too quickly. The vertical progression is clearly there to get players to play longer, why not go the whole nine yards and gate progression?

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

I think you’ll see the zergs break up a bit more…. from what I saw tonight the normal zergers were getting trashed without culling to carry them. I do think they might want to bump wxp from players kills a little bit (what is it? 9?).
I did find it funny the worm in the BLs was giving 75 wxp.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma