Sunday afternoon (EST) balance achieved

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

New linking, worse balance. I have argued with other about not blowing up worlds. So much for that…. There is not a single balanced matchup on any tier. Yes, there are new links, but this is the worst I have ever seen it across the board in five years.

Attachments:

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

I think you’re right…checking MOS, each tier has one server with 20 or more 1st place finishes, and the closest server after that is at 4 1st place finishes…quite the blowout.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Relinks just happened, need a couple weeks to move servers to their rightful spots, nothing new here. Do you think this is suppose to happen instantly as soon as the servers reset?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

New linking, worse balance. I have argued with other about not blowing up worlds. So much for that…. There is not a single balanced matchup on any tier. Yes, there are new links, but this is the worst I have ever seen it across the board in five years.

Don’t worry Mag/DR will move up next week.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Said it before and I will keep saying it…

The links need to go.

I can’t believe the servers that have links that don’t need the links or link at all.

Linking is a beta fail. We need WvW back to the way it was, flaws and all.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The links need to go.

Go where?

Back to redundant tiers thats unbalanced every week?

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

The links need to go.

Go where?

Back to redundant tiers thats unbalanced every week?

And stagnant at that.
Enjoy the variety of steamrollings available to experience

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Relinks just happened, need a couple weeks to move servers to their rightful spots, nothing new here. Do you think this is suppose to happen instantly as soon as the servers reset?

Ideally, all server links would be balanced so all have a chance to compete in any tier…yeah, I know, pipe dream…

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Ideally, all server links would be balanced so all have a chance to compete in any tier…yeah, I know, pipe dream…

Well anet clearly can’t get the links right. BG and JQ are the only servers that can manage without links, any other ‘host’ server without a link will probably fall to T3/4, which kind of makes a mockery of them ostensibly doing links to make populations approximately equal for servers expected to face each other.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Remember that server performance is not completely dependent on average player participation. The type of players you have matter a lot.

Veteran WvW players can do a lot more than newbies or casual reward farmers. On NA, we have BG and Mag stacked by a lot of veterans so it is very hard to fight against them.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Are you kidding? As an unlinked FA player playing against SoS /w IoJ and a triple DB link I’m having a great time. The fights never stop and thanks to the consistent outnumbered buff I’m averaging 10.6 pips/tick so far this matchup. Most of which I’ve spent in EBG.

Now we can chill in T2 without having to worry about going up and getting rolled over by literal map queues in every timezone every other week.

Me gusta.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Sylvyn.4750

Are you kidding? As an unlinked FA player playing against SoS /w IoJ and a triple DB link I’m having a great time. The fights never stop and thanks to the consistent outnumbered buff I’m averaging 10.6 pips/tick so far this matchup. Most of which I’ve spent in EBG.

Now we can chill in T2 without having to worry about going up and getting rolled over by literal map queues in every timezone every other week.

Me gusta.

~ Kovu

Yeah, I really don’t know what SoS is thinking or hoping to accomplish…seems like they got bandwaggoned…haven’t seen them that fat in a long time.