Super organized servers?

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I’ve heard stories about SoR back in the t1 days, how it had the population of a t2 server but made up for it with organization. Is it a real thing for some servers to be more organized than others? How do they do it?

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Post-It´s and lots of Duct-Tape.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I really doubt these stories are true… The days of lower populatated servers oposing the big blobbers only happened during the first months of the game.

Everyone knows population+coverage>skill+organization when you’re talking about the score based purely on ppt. So I’m pretty sure that SoR was just as big as the other two on T1 or they would never have won a match on it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

SoR was really carried by IRON. After they left, it was really the beginning of the end. Coverage as we all know is determined by non-NA prime hours, and SoR had the biggest EU for a while with KISS, Hel, LUN and AFTL ontop of IRON. With /enough/ OCX and SEA to hold down their side of the map, it made them a pretty solid server.

So no, it wasn’t organisation but numbers, as usual.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

The rumors how you heard them aren’t true. SoR always had enough off hours to fit their position, before and after IRON came. The organization that SoR had was basically in terms of their percentage of players who used voice comms and guilds. The server was made up almost entirely of guild groups and had almost no militia at all. Thats why when their guilds left it fell so far. When facing SoR there was no such thing as a pug zerg. If they didn’t have a guild group actually on EB, they often wouldn’t have any presence there at all. When their guilds ended their raids they combined into one giant blob on SoR BL and took out everything as JQ and BG would only had token forces on map. They often did outnumber both JQ and BG combined during EU as well. You’ve never seen a map blob until you’ve seen an SoR blob. With every other server, once in a blue moon, if you’re lucky, you will get every person on map on pin, whether it be 40 or 70 or whatever. On SoR it was a daily occurance. This really did work against them though in season 1. BG and JQ couldn’t match the SoR blobs total numbers but had enough to hold their own. However, BG and JQ also had people spread out all over maps capping stuff and bloodlust, so their strength was also their weakness. I don’t know if I’m right or not but I’ve often considered the way T1 evolved to be heavily reflective of SoRs ability to form such huge groups. As time went on BG and JQ had to respond to SoRs huge, extremely organized, numbers with similar numbers. There was a period where SoR would have 3 waypoints on their home map the entire matchup, backed up by a full queue blob and tons of siege. Multiple smaller groups can work in that situation, but its extremely unlikely you can pull it off well enough and quick enough to break the wp. The only time you do, you’ve spent your entire night fighting a blob that can fight + siege. That meant people stopped wanting to go there, which also meant you seldom would see them pushed on both hills/bay at the same time, which further meant it was easier and easier for them to maintain a triple waypointed bl all week.

Thats the kind of organization they had, and what SoR was like. They could fight with the best of them. They sieged up their holdings like crazy and had every living soul on ts and in their blob or stationed as a scout. Heck, I had a friend come back from a stint on SoR and say that their idea of a havoc team was 15-20 people. My jaw dropped the moment she said it.
————————————

lol, I just remembered the brief period where you couldn’t even get onto SoR BL without being seen because they’d have extra accounts stationed around certain points on the map. All they had to do was wait until that character died and they knew someone was on map and where they were.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

There are only 2 servers that are super organized at the moment.

These servers have a whole chain of command with staff members in charge of various aspects concerning the server. Staff in charge of the server website. Staff for the teamspeak. Staff for recruitment. Both have regular meetings where they discuss and decide their server’s plan of action for the following week (i.e. deciding whether to push ppt or slack), discuss tactics, as well as brainstorming solutions for various problems.

I’m pretty sure both these servers have spreadsheets filled with guild raid times, guild raid numbers, teamspeak numbers, pugmander coverage, queue times etc. This allows them to evaluate their current situation and see if anything needs to be done to maintain their communities.

A super organized server will also have almost all guilds on the same page and working together to achieve their server’s goals. They aim to have as little rogue guilds as possible that do nothing for the server.

Should come as no surprise that both these servers are in Tier 1. Organization is a huge part of success.

Anyone know the names of these 2 servers?

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

Well it can’t be JQ, I can say that much. If you meant us, you attribute far too much to us. We have about half of your first paragraph, none of your second paragraph and we often have groups doing their own thing(3rd paragraph). I can’t say for sure but I think it only partially fits BG as well. So I’m guessing you’re talking about SFR and Deso.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

I’m from FSP and we have pretty much the same as i’m sure many other servers do. Don’t think t1 servers are special snowflakes, they are just bigger.

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Deli thats not only in T1. Even lower tier servers had that. They just miss people to have it filled 24/7

Super organized servers?

in WvW

XacTactX.6709

Thank you everyone I’ve learned alot from your responses. Deli, I’m guessing the two servers are BG and SFR.

we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

There are only 2 servers that are super organized at the moment.

These servers have a whole chain of command with staff members in charge of various aspects concerning the server. Staff in charge of the server website. Staff for the teamspeak. Staff for recruitment. Both have regular meetings where they discuss and decide their server’s plan of action for the following week (i.e. deciding whether to push ppt or slack), discuss tactics, as well as brainstorming solutions for various problems.

I’m pretty sure both these servers have spreadsheets filled with guild raid times, guild raid numbers, teamspeak numbers, pugmander coverage, queue times etc. This allows them to evaluate their current situation and see if anything needs to be done to maintain their communities.

A super organized server will also have almost all guilds on the same page and working together to achieve their server’s goals. They aim to have as little rogue guilds as possible that do nothing for the server.

Should come as no surprise that both these servers are in Tier 1. Organization is a huge part of success.

Anyone know the names of these 2 servers?

That level or organization looks like your talking about nsp? at least was like that when i played the game, they even have/had a radio where they used to pass news from wvw, servers events, contests, etc.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

There definitely is less of the military-like organization as described by Deli in the lower tiers, but that can be good or bad, depending on your point of view. T1 servers have to keep feeding the beast to replace attrition and guilds that transfer out to maintain their position, and there can be drama with guilds that don’t want to be part of the program.

You have more freedom as a player or a guild do what you want and how you want in the lower tiers, but it can also be frustrating when the organization is lacking, guilds don’t work together, things are done incredibly inefficiently, and the weight of ppt defense so the server doesn’t tank falls on a few.

As for picking a non-T1 server that is super-organized, in the past Yak’s Bend was really organized for their size (for ppt defense), and so was EBay before they saw an exodus of players. I use the past tense for YB, for all I know they still are at legendary levels of superior arrows carts in keep.

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Sometimes the more PuG heavy servers are better at comms.
On SoS, it’s hard to reach our fight focused guilds like HOPE and NS; but we have an extensive network of scouts who have many commanders on their friends list. Apparently they have even shared cell #’s in some cases when they needed to go afk unexpectedly.

Super organized servers?

in WvW

XacTactX.6709

Deli, please tell me, I have to know!

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

Personally I believe all servers have some level of organization, however the organization is generally determined by key commanders and guild groups that spread out their resources and communicate with each other on voice chat or whispers simply by having each other as contacts.

You can actually get started yourself by adding those you see as primary commanders in your server, even those who are beginner commanders as well as adding guild driver contacts. Get info on their raid times or simply stalk them to see what map their in and the role they are fulfilling in that map (ie karma train, defense, upgrading) and act accordingly based on your resources and interests in wvw.

For example, if you run a 5 man group and you know the primary force in your server is defending against a map blob, you can move maps to an enemy borderlands and wreck havoc there while getting good quality and relatively even numbered fights.

Personally, If i see a commander tag on one side of the map distracting an enemy force, that becomes the instance in which i decide to ninja an enemy upgraded structure on the opposite side of the map. Usually at that point is when I whisper that commander of my intentions, which starts a beautiful coordinated relationship which the enemy constantly has to defend against two simultaneous attacks.

I’ve only been in two servers T2 and former t6 server and I like the second server( former t6) I’m in a lot better than my original server (t2), however despite the wide gap in tiers I would definitely say that the level of organization is about the same. The primary commanders communicated with each other, high activity in voice chat,use of website shoutbox, and guild coordinations.

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Haro.6758

Haro.6758

Well it can’t be JQ, I can say that much. If you meant us, you attribute far too much to us. We have about half of your first paragraph, none of your second paragraph and we often have groups doing their own thing(3rd paragraph). I can’t say for sure but I think it only partially fits BG as well. So I’m guessing you’re talking about SFR and Deso.

I disagree, we have all that’s listed. Plus an alliance that’s been in existence for a whole year more than most servers, and has never imploded. =)

Also we are always outnumbered NA and have ZERO EU presence, so give me a tell if you play during those times. =)

Oh and I concur with the guys diatribe on SoR.

Super organized servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

There is a few servers that run “mostly” on organization still, think most of them is in the lower tiers in NA/EU. Some former big servers would be SoR, and the former T1 giant in EU, Vizunah Square. Viz had manpower, and a massive organisation behind them, so if they wanted to win, they won.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU