Superior Siege... Will it stay?

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Any word on what’s happening to superior siege creation with the upcoming changes to skill points? Did I miss anything on that?

Maybe they should just add a tab to the siege vendor for it & make it purchase-able with both silver and badges?

Naz ©

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Any word on what’s happening to superior siege creation with the upcoming changes to skill points? Did I miss anything on that?

Maybe they should just add a tab to the siege vendor for it & make it purchase-able with both silver and badges?

I like the vendor idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I hope it does not stay. As in I hope it is not in the game at all. It was a horrible addition and has contributed to many problems in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I asked on the thread. Let’s see if it gets addressed between all the PvP questions.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

I’m divided on it. Superior siege is a commodity limited to the people who can make it and know how—so that’s bad overall, but of course it’s great if you have it yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

They’ve previously said that after maxing skill points (or whatever they’re called after patch) you get Mystic Forge materials for stuff instead.

Presumably those are the mats used for stuff like superior siege.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

They did mention something about adding a new currency to the wallet to buy things like bloodstone shards from the vendor so I would guess this new currency would be used to buy the manuals to make super siege..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’m assuming the skill point ingredient will be replaced with whatever skill points are replaced with.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I think it should stay.

What if you’re running with a very small group or party? Superior would be nice but let’s face it – you may not have enough supps to finish the job. You would have to use regular.

On the other hand if you KNOW that the Zerg/group you’re running with has an abundance of supps then why not use superior?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

They mentioned during the stream that items that you purchase with skill points will be getting a new replacement currency, it will be in the wallet, they haven’t named it yet. So it’s shouldn’t affect making superior siege.

Skills points are being replaced with hero points which is used to unlock traits and skills as you level.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

If there are no superior arrow carts, what will the bad defenders sit on while they hide from their enemies? And if there are no omega golems, what will they blame when they inevitably lose?

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

If there are no superior arrow carts, what will the bad defenders sit on while they hide from their enemies? And if there are no omega golems, what will they blame when they inevitably lose?

Drop down a few servers in wvw and when you are up against some server who outblobs you 5-1 you will be happy there is such a thing as superior ac.

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Powerful arrow carts create the pressure that justifies half the other kinds of siege to begin with.

Also, you’re getting some kind of shield-generator siege eventually.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in WvW

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

I’m divided on it. Superior siege is a commodity limited to the people who can make it and know how—so that’s bad overall, but of course it’s great if you have it yourself.

Aren’t superior blueprints available on the TP? Where’s the limitation in that, other than one’s supply of cash? Making it for personal use seems far more limiting, since it requires skill points, badges/cash for ordinary blueprints, and time/cash for mats.