Superior siege after the Expansion

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

So it looks like after the expansion you no longer get skill point for leveling up. Instead you get mastery points… So far so good…

“This means characters that have reached level 80 will no longer gain skill points through leveling. Skill points will be added as rewards across high-level content to offset this change.”

Do you think that this will decrease the supply of the superior siege on the market?

Do you think that alt characters will be used for crafting siege?

What are your thoughts?

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

I hadn’t seen this yet. Unless they start making it easier to get superior siege somehow, this is going to be a problem. Hopefully, they have a plan for you to gain more sup siege in wvw making it easier to offset this and not make it even more pay to win than it is already. Making wvw more self sustaining is the only way to remove some of the pay to win aspect of it’s current state.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Aggrostemma.1703

Oh, just before somebody says with 4000 SP left… they will disappear quickly. This change means that a Scroll of Knowledge drop is valuable.

" Masteries are the way you will progress after reaching level 80 in PvE"

Does this mean that a wvw player still gets Skill Points as level-up rewards?

I’m getting really confused here… sorry…

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I hope it decreases the supply of Superior Siege. That would be great for the game. In fact, eliminate Sup. Siege altogether. Its part of the problem.

in WvW

Aggrostemma.1703

I don’t think the sup. siege is a problem… The more than 1000 skill points I have free to spend IS a problem… And everybody else has the same amount…

And everybody and their sister buys sup siege now.

Anyway thanks for your comment, that’s another way we must approach this change…

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Spending skillpoints on superior siege always was a waste. Better to build other stuff with the SP and buy the blueprints.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Arctisavange.7260

Arctisavange.7260

Spending skillpoints on superior siege always was a waste. Better to build other stuff with the SP and buy the blueprints.

To get superior siege blueprints you need to spend SP, kitten kitten .

I don’t think the sup. siege is a problem… The more than 1000 skill points I have free to spend IS a problem… And everybody else has the same amount…

And everybody and their sister buys sup siege now.

Anyway thanks for your comment, that’s another way we must approach this change…

Talk again about getting superior siege if youre a very active WvW commander. If nobody supports you money wise then you wont gain a single profit from your commanding simply cause most of your money is sucked in by superior siege and food youre droping.

(edited by Arctisavange.7260)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

So let others waste their SP for superior siege? Meanwhile you build something that gives 1.5g profit per SP and buy 10 superior siege blueprints for just 1 skillpoint used.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Considering how many skill point scrolls drop from champ bags, I don’t believe it will be a problem.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

so what the hell is going to happen to my 500 saved scrolls of knowledge?

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I think one thing is blatantly clear, Anet have yet again made changes without considering the effect they will have on WvW.

We barely make enough in WvW but from the sounds of it we may have to end up relying on PvE players selling siege instead. Yet again PvE FTW for making gold, whilst WvW we’re just kids working in a sweatshop as child labour.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

in WvW

Aggrostemma.1703

Hang on guys!

As I quoted: " Masteries are the way you will progress after reaching level 80 in PvE"

…in PvE

So it is possible that on a wvw map you still get level-up skill points. I posted here because I’m not 100% sure how ANET implements this change. Or they can just add a superior siege vendor.

I really hope they thought about us this time

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

Sup siege vendor… So all the EotM folks can spend their 100k+ badges on a stack of Omegas…. Dunno how I feel about that…

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

removing lvling up after lvl 80 means removing getting exp from mobs and events for lvl 80 characters, so i don’t know where people got that ideas that u won’t get any skillpoints after pack.

Superios siege better be easier earned, cuase atm some people struggle without them and some servers even playing totally without sup siege.

Omegas – best siege in game. ACspammers can’t hide that long on their acs with superior robots!

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie