Supervisors buff & supply camps

in WvW

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

We are constantly battling culling and one of the ways one can fix that is by having the borderlands more spread out. However, since you cannot take a supply camp anymore with a small group and keep a big unorganized opponent at bay it has effectively ended any means of small scale WvW.

Why should there be a buff for a server’s failure to be organized? In my opinion if enough people are crying and want this maybe have this on the lower tiers that are having trouble fielding people, but the upper tiers where organization and communication are key this buff is unneeded. Condition damage only kinda sucked before, but it slowed things down and gave defender’s some chance to defend, now they have 100% chance to defend their camps.

So small 5 man WvW is officially dead as of this patch.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

(edited by Goloith.6349)

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Why should there be a buff for a server’s failure to be organized? … Condition damage only kinda sucked before, but it slowed things down and gave defender’s some chance to defend, now they have 100% chance to defend their camps.

I’ve read this about five times now and I cannot figure out what you are saying.

How is the server who took the camp showing “a failure to be organized?” If anything it is punishing the team that lost the camp (lack of organization).

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

5 man WvW is fine and supply camps can be solo’d. The buff is 5m long, stop crying about it?

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Uh, defending should be easier than attacking…

And I suspect no serious server will deploy vast amounts of manpower to protect all their camps at once. From what I have seen in T4, small teams are still flipping camps.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You are the one that failed in the first place if you didn’t defended the camp and want to retake it right away… The 5min buff is your punishment for not defending it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

This change makes actually defending supply camps all that more important. As you simply cannot “reflip a supply trail”. Let alone does it encourage players in general to be more attentive to what is happening on the map.

Sure, you can make a case for “camping a supply camp isnt fun”, and i’d probably agree, but that’s a discussion for another day. Or you can make a case for the map having little feedback as to when a supply camp can be flipped if you want to put what’s happening in the 3D world more involving instead of sitting and watching a 2D map change colors.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

It also makes defending supply camps incredibly easy. I see a team roll into a supply camp and they either leave because they don’t feel like wasting their time when they could be farming badges from zerg vs zerg or they attack and be destroyed by the zerg. Again the end of 5 man groups – I know their soloable, but good servers usually have 1-2 to defend already.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

since you cannot take a supply camp anymore with a small group

And yet strangely I’m still entirely capable of capping camps solo.

dead indeed

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

Took a few yesterday with a 3 man group.

By the way the buff actually works better against a zerg. 5 people waiting for it to go down, no big deal. 40 people waiting for the buff to go down to take a camp, there goes have your map coverage to stand by.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

It also makes defending supply camps incredibly easy. I see a team roll into a supply camp and they either leave because they don’t feel like wasting their time when they could be farming badges from zerg vs zerg or they attack and be destroyed by the zerg. Again the end of 5 man groups – I know their soloable, but good servers usually have 1-2 to defend already.

Are you aware that the buff has a time limit? This post and your OP make little sense in the context of this change.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

What are you talking about?

If I can solo a camp, I’m pretty sure a 5 man isn’t going to have any problems.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

if anything this change helps the small gps. Before the change the supply camp ownership is meaningless . When a zerg want supplies they zerg it take what they need and leave. Now at least you can stop the zerg from getting their supply for 6 mins if you time it right.

I was ganking with friends at a hot supply camp last week. It was crazy to see all 3 servers rolling in every 1 – 2 mins zerg the camp take the supply and roll out. That camp changed hands close to 10 times in about 15 mins .

in WvW

Posted by: HarryHellspawn.6519

HarryHellspawn.6519

5 man groups are not dead just not used enough I always run with a 5 man group occasionally might get up to 10 and very rarely ever more than that and I am still taking sup camps towers and keeps and will continue to do so on a daily basis. Personally I prefer the small groups like that and even better when we are on My guild or the server TS and co-ordinating with the other 5 man groups as we take multiple targets of opportunity.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

I took numerous camps with 3 of us yesterday. You just have to wait for the buff to wear off. I really think this gives more strategy to WvW than just running a small group to take camps. You actually have to pay attention to when they were flipped so you don’t go to take a camp with the supervisor buff still on.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

lol. had no problem with a 4-5 man group flipping camps the past 2-3 days. just check the guy for the buff before you move in. easy.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I can go solo a camp right away after it’s flipped… I’ll problably take around 5 mins to mop all the vets.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

The supervisor buff isn’t new, but it actually works now. Previously I could flip a buffed supply camp in about a min solo as a condition necro. Stack 20 bleeds up on a guard —- epidemic —-- supervisor takes full condition duration when they are sent over via epidemic, and he would drop nearly instantly.

Granted I have to spec rather specific to do this, but the point was the buff really only worked against small groups of people without condition damage/duration. Now it works against everyone.

Oddly enough the necro siphon trait still works against them, but of course that hits for like 50 per attack. And yes I do miss solo flipping buffed camps, but it was clearly not the intention of the buff to just make the supervisor hit harder (in the case where you had a strong condition hero nearby).

in WvW

Posted by: psy.1249

psy.1249

Actually, the 5 minute buff helps small squads, and works against zergs.

Here’s the thing… imagine a zone completely controlled by a large zerg.

All supply camps are unbuffed, as the zerg has been in control for a while.

A small 3 man team joins. They hit a supply camp, and take it down.

Now the supply camp is buffed. The zerg arrives.

The small group has 5 minutes + zerg travel time to take another camp. By the time the zerg captures the camp.. the small team has taken another camp.

That’s the point of the buff… its to keep a zerg busy while you hit unbuffed camps. It keeps the zerg always behind you in the chase.

Only thing the zerg can do, is guard camps… By definition.. a zerg with co-ordinated guard posts is no longer a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Actually the buff gives a better chance for the person or group to get the tally points for flipping the camp than before since it will take a min 5 minutes until it is reflipped.

Also the camps can be soloed still so I don’t know what you are talking about regarding a small grp of 5 can’t take a camp.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

(edited by Jeda.5209)

in WvW

Posted by: Kaisareia.1785

Kaisareia.1785

I can go solo a camp right away after it’s flipped… I’ll problably take around 5 mins to mop all the vets.