Supply Dolyaks Issue

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

Issue:

The new system requires a dolyak to upgrade a structure in increments of 2x the previous value per tier regardless of the amount of supply runs.

While this is not an issue for a structure like SMC since you can potentially have 6 dolyaks simultaneously; it is an issue for keeps and especially towers.

Please consider adjusting these values, especially on towers and keeps.

BL keeps have a max potential of 3 dolyaks (4 for Garrison) per run and EBG keeps have a max of 2 dolyaks per run.

BL towers have a max potential of 2 dolyaks per run and EBG towers have a max potential of 1.

I would propose something like below:

BL Tiers:
Keeps – 20 40 80
Towers – 12 24 48

EBG Tiers:
SMC – 25 50 100
Keeps – 16 32 64
Towers – 8 16 32

Please note that the values are arbitrary and were more intended to show the disparity issue between supply runs.

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]

(edited by Drastic.8920)

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

i think your values are still too high. Old system 20 dollys without double supply to a keep would be 1400 supply… with 1400 supply now you can get cannons and oil…wow. 2800 supply to get t2 with some mortars… just insane when you think about how long it takes to get 40 dollies in even without having to worry about people capping camps. I will say the old system was too short but now this is too long imo. Will we find a happy medium only time will tell…

I can say this it shows even more how much Anet doesn’t play or understand WvW at all.

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

A lot of people prefer to have non-upgraded towers and keeps to take them faster with the karma trains.

Maybe this is the real ANet intention behind it.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

the old supply / upgrade system was fine… But they want to change all… Now we just have a big piece of sh….
Thx anet.

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Everything on EBG should take 75% of the current number of dolyaks and then should be reaccessed. Alternatively make fortified towers more durable than they already are. Atm it looks like it takes ALOT of work to get anything other than the outer towers (and maybe sm) at any level much less fortified. They are pretty much dumping grounds for karma trains. This will obviously make alot of people happy. For the core of the game though, I think it important that fortified structures do more in return. You’re corner’s outer 2 towers (for green its Wildcreek and klovan) are never gonna become fortified unless you dominate or exert a ton of individual effort into getting dollys there. There should be a greater payoff if they do get to fortified levels….imo. If everything on the map is paper without any coordinated effort the mode becomes rather repetitive. Taking down a keep should feel good, like you did something challenging, and different than a normal wood gate tower.

Anyways I don’t think pvp players have anything to complain about with this update…its right up their alley. Plenty of places for them to fight where they can feel at home with little pve.

Oh and in terms of the OP you said it yourself, the system works half decent on DL BL….going by the game’s trackrecord that means missions accomplished. I mean having the system work for 75% of WvsW is GREAT! Isn’kitten
ISN"T ITTTT?@?!!?!!!

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I suggested this change but wasn’t the first one to ask for it. I thought what anet would do is figure out how many yaks made it to the objective during the timer that we had and that number would be used. Maybe it is this way or maybe they just pulled numbers out of a hat. Could be that yaks are getting killed and its working now as it should be by making it harder to upgrade things. I messed around for a few hours yesterday and I noticed that more yaks seem to be dying.

pre-hot it did take quite some time to fully upgrade objectives and not to mention upgrades basically stalling for hours because supplies never made it to objectives..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I noticed last night that this is very slow compared to the old system. I saw we kept garrison / earth keep fortified, but the side keeps were reinforced due to the camps flipping on the south. The northern towers also seemed to be able to fortify but the time required is more than doubled.

I would prefer the towers require less yaks than the Keeps. Reinforced walls are trivial to knock down on towers ; unlike Keeps there is little time from warning to cap.

Also arenanet does play WvW , although I don’t know to what extent. They are on Blackgate (T1 NA) and claimed our South camp on Yaks Bend Borderlands (Green BL) yesterday not long after patch. (http://imgur.com/Lm3JgqW)

Time will tell, I would give it a full week to draw conclusions.

Attachments:

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well I most definetly suggested PPD (ie progress per dolly) but the numbers required seem illogical. Camps should definetly upgrade much faster – thats one thing I liked with the autoupgrade system, many more T3 camps. On towers and keeps I cant really say as I havent played long enough with this.

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

pre-hot it did take quite some time to fully upgrade objectives and not to mention upgrades basically stalling for hours because supplies never made it to objectives..

Yep. We should be comparing things to Pre-HoT upgrades. With that in mind, the dolyak numbers aren’t all that bad, I remember it took really work and a long time to get anything to T3.

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Drastic.8920

Drastic.8920

While pre-HoT time is and should be baseline, one major difference between the two is that post-HoT gives all of the tier when finished, while pre-hot you could of been selective (to a degree) on which upgrades you wanted to start.

If dolyaks are going to be the main source for an objective upgrade (camps included), then they should scale according to the objectives route potential rather than be flat lined across the board :/. At the bare minimum scale them according to objective type.

FC: Remnant Militant [SNKY]

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It does feel lopsided towards the other end now. Not sure what to feel atm.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Gideon.6742

Yep. We should be comparing things to Pre-HoT upgrades. With that in mind, the dolyak numbers aren’t all that bad, I remember it took really work and a long time to get anything to T3.

problem is we had extra workers and double supply on camps to speed up the upgrades. If you did that and controlled the camps it didn’t take that long. With the size of the map now (and the routes available to you) it takes longer to try to hold objectives, get to camps, etc.
it definitely is on the other spectrum now I feel. We will see with time, but 40 dollies to get those side keeps to T2 structure seems rather excessive.

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

briggah.7910

patch notes: Dolyaks in Eternal Battlegrounds have had their movement speed increased.

so maybe the upgrades may be a little faster now unless the yaks were slow and now they are the correct speed hehe

Player Vs Everyone

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

First off, it’s only been a few days. Secondly, I don’t see people claiming camps and slotting things that upgrade dolyaks. If they did, speedy dolyaks and double deliveries would make the upgrade process 4x faster. People are still K-training, not leaving scouts, and not having roaming parties to keep the camps and yaks secure.

So, protect your camps.

Strategery

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

First off, it’s only been a few days. Secondly, I don’t see people claiming camps and slotting things that upgrade dolyaks. If they did, speedy dolyaks and double deliveries would make the upgrade process 4x faster. People are still K-training, not leaving scouts, and not having roaming parties to keep the camps and yaks secure.

So, protect your camps.

Strategery

Lots of fun with camps and yaks in T5 yesterday. Offense and defense. There were some good camp fights.

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

briggah.7910

So, protect your camps.

Strategery

Lots of fun with camps and yaks in T5 yesterday. Offense and defense. There were some good camp fights.

I actually roamed and sniped yaks todays.. Wow.. I haven’t done that in some time.

Player Vs Everyone

Supply Dolyaks Issue

in WvW

Gideon.6742

So, protect your camps.

Strategery

So again upgrades hidden behind pve etc have to be used to upgrade a structure in a reasonable amount of time. Sounds pretty freaking stupid. Oh and those upgrades cost gold so I think I’d rather just go back to paying for my structure upgrades