Supply Invaders - What WvW has now become

in WvW

Posted by: Mushy.3964

Mushy.3964

Well that is just wrong & I hope their whole guild gets banned since the whole guild will know what they are doing & most likely are encouraging them to do it aswell.

Stuff like this & Gold sellers/Hackers/All round cheats really puts me off MMO’s, I love Guild Wars 2 but if this keeps up I may not be staying & just give up on MMO’s all together.

Officer of Vitas
WvW Squad Leader

in WvW

Posted by: rudeguygames.3978

rudeguygames.3978

Easy fix: mobile siege!

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

how can you stop it? lockouts won’t stop a sffincintly determined player, and that doesn’t even take into account trolls on your own server. how do keep them from sabatoging your suply without limiting ordinary players?

You don’t.

Better get used to spais and saboteurs.

ANet will be smart to limit them ASAP, but there’ll always be determined ones or random griefers.

Basically, a mechanic like this is very interesting, but when a public one, it only works in self-policing communities.

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

how can you stop it? lockouts won’t stop a sffincintly determined player, and that doesn’t even take into account trolls on your own server. how do keep them from sabatoging your suply without limiting ordinary players?

First, ANet could easily remove the siege-builder-achievement (whatever it is called) to discourage “accidental and thoughtless” waste of resources by usually benevolent players.

Second, once the free sever switching will be locked down, most of the problems with malevolent players will just go away. So just be patient. And if the problem will prevail even when server transfer isn’t free, ANet could install further mechanisms like a 7 day “cannot build siege equipment” debuff after the switch (which does not go away when you leave the spawn zone). The effect is already in the game.

I wonder if ANet will say “war isn’t fair” just like they did with the nightcapping exploitation. Because you can apply that excuse to any cheap, advantageous, or unfair tactic, exploit or abuse.

And I am pretty sure when ANet stated “war isn’t fair”, they were referring to “playing according to the rules” (like night capping), and not “exploiting a free transfer window”, which is not intended as a gameplay element.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I always find that just before our large keeps get hit on RoS someone seems to queue up a major upgrade…

Main keep in Eternal Battlegrounds hadn’t been upgraded for a while because we were slowly losing ground and knew we needed the supply to defend, 5minutes before attack someone queue’s up a waypoint and drains the supply. Happened all week, we’d take a keep and for 3 hours no one touches it, just as the invasion begins merchants or something equally unneeded are queued.

I’ve always just assumed it’s someone with a rather poor sense of importance but who knows!

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: OctopusX.7185

OctopusX.7185

I always find that just before our large keeps get hit on RoS someone seems to queue up a major upgrade…

Main keep in Eternal Battlegrounds hadn’t been upgraded for a while because we were slowly losing ground and knew we needed the supply to defend, 5minutes before attack someone queue’s up a waypoint and drains the supply. Happened all week, we’d take a keep and for 3 hours no one touches it, just as the invasion begins merchants or something equally unneeded are queued.

I’ve always just assumed it’s someone with a rather poor sense of importance but who knows!

Yeah I noticed that happening on our server also, always seemed a bit fishy…

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Simple fix: after you transfer, you cannot participate in wuvwuv for one week.

in WvW

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Now if only we had a system where you could transfer servers for free, but be limited to PvE only. If I made such a system I would call it guesting, because thats a nice term.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

‘disrupting supplies, what wvw has become’
i do not know what to say to that. did you think the other worlds would simply LET you endlessly supply Stonemist?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: JiaYow.9327

JiaYow.9327

‘disrupting supplies, what wvw has become’
i do not know what to say to that. did you think the other worlds would simply LET you endlessly supply Stonemist?

I’m afraid you missed the point. Of course the enemy should not simply “let” you supply SM. In this case, however, it’s clear that the players involved abused a mistake on ANet’s part for their own benefit. World transfers are not supposed to be that cheap (=free) and easy, it’s just that they haven’t implemented the fees yet. Also, they (apparently) haven’t thought about the possibility of enemy infiltration like this.

Whatever the case, the problem here is that there is nothing one can do about it. In real life, you would just “disable” the guy, but in this game, there is no friendly fire.

It’s of course not specifically forbidden to do this, but it’s also very surely not intended in this game, so, at best, the actions of those players are a sign of very very bad sportsmanship. And, like in every game, people with bad sportsmanship should be known. Also, ANet will read this thread and find a solution for this problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Eihder.8961

Eihder.8961

According to Anet this will be deemed fair, they are just transfering to play with their friends.. lol. I would have to agree Anet just does not care, they got their money now you are on your own. Welcome to illium!

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Just lock people out of wvw until the reset. They were supposed to do that anyways, not sure why they haven’t put it in yet.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

ANet…you are literally and intentionally (and this is obvious for anyone with more then 5 minutes experience of any mmo) killing your own game leaving this free server transfer stuff. Even after u enable the pay2move…if u make it on just a few “gold to diamond then pay with diamonds” transfers…..this will continue because nobody will give u money. It has to be ONLY for real money or farmers will continue this.

STOP server transfers..it’s been a month now?! this is really getting out of hand in a very disappointing way specially coming from you.

Keep in mind you (yes you and only you) ruined severeal servers with this free transfer. Servers that had a decent population..after one of your “wvwvw machups” ppl started moving to the “winning server”. Is this really what your vision of wvw was? U promised us fun when instead u offer frustration.

Close this free transfer ****. If u want ppl to be sure of what server they chose….put your web developers to work and create a page with statistics on all the servers regarding wvwvw and other data. This way they can check BEFORE they even create a character.

Honestly…spawn camping….lackluster matching system…siege weapons in invulnerable zones which makes defending/upgrading towers/garrisons useless… cheats/hax/exploits everywhere….. free transfers so u can ditch servers for 1 winning team or do what those guys in the video did …thus killing wvw balance……………k Anet…u try having fun on that….or u all joined the winning server also via free transfers?

Listen ATLEAST ONCE to your customers and close the free transfer thing….i am not the first (by far) to ask u this.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in WvW

Posted by: Telmae.5720

Telmae.5720

Just PLEASE close world transfers. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Player One.4932

Player One.4932

Wow that is super dirty. I’d be so angry

Violator Xx

in WvW

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

i dont understand why they dont just say u cant transfer to a server ur fighting in WvW period.

in WvW

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Right now all is fair according to Anet.
Hackers,supply wasters,exploiters everything is all fair in WvW.
No point right now since All is fair

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Yea…hacking is a valid tactic even in real-life wars….the side which is more technologically advanced can teleport around the battlefield. Seems legit….Snipers in RL can 1 hit kill and jetpacks can be used to carry orbs around.

Be happy chemical wars are still not present (mass d/c hack) altho i think it will be in an expansion.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

..very sad, there is not much that can be done about it, server transfer should be limited in period.
Claiming Guild (in their location) should have the power to block “some” undesired supply waster, denying access to them when needed.

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in WvW

OctopusX.7185

Still waiting on an official ArenaNet reply about this, but not getting my hopes up.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Kind of wish Anet would drop the ban hammer on these people. They already went ban happy on a lot less game breaking things like names and a few karma vendor things. But things that ruin the game for everybody else is just left to run free for weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

That’s just… >.>
Anet please make it so that transfers can’t play WvW for a week, they can do the rest, but just not WvW. After the first week they may do WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Hux.8739

Hux.8739

Before you get the wrong Idea, I NEVER cheat at anything, don’t exploit, just play in the intended fashion. So, I have 3 accounts. What’s to stop me from moving the other 2 accounts around as needed weekly? I have over 100 gold so how would a gold a week affect me? I make more than that in a day easily. You could not stop me from doing this if I wanted to by limiting free transfers or making transfers cost a gold. You can’t stop me by giving people banning rights because frankly I could just as easily get YOU banned. Which is more likely how it would be abused. You can stop a lot of kids from doing it by taking away free transfers but multiple accounts (by the way, this is the people who are doing it) would still work.

I suggest only allowing the guild that controls a tower or keep access to the supply in the fortification. If a troll grabs the tower in the name of his guild and gives it away he can do that but he’s not going to get the claim very often.

Huxer(EC) Economic Collapse
Asura Warrior
BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

To summarize: we have 2 main problems plaguing WvWvW right now:

1) Thoughtless players chasing the victory dragon by continuously transferring to “winning” servers, further exacerbating the unbalanced match-ups.

2) Effectively unstoppable sabotage of supplies via players abusing the server transfer system.

I propose Anet restrict transfers in the following way at minimum:

1) You cannot transfer to a server your current server is in a WvWvW match-up with.

2) You cannot transfer to a server that is in the lead score wise for its match-up.

in WvW

OctopusX.7185

Overkillengine I agree with your points, that would limit such cases.