Supply Mastery Questions

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

Hey all,

Haven’t been able to find much detail on this outside of what is on the wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WXP), nor in game. The skill descriptions, while generally not super specific, seem to be a little more lacking than usual. Can people that have put points into this line comment on the following. I have few points as is and don’t want to ‘waste’ them …

- Pick up supply faster
I assume this becomes instant now or still 1/4 second, or what?

- Gain swiftness after spending all your supply
I assume this is normal swiftness? How much swiftness?
If you have buff to 15 supply and you can only put an even amount (ie 14), do you still get swiftness?

- Gain improved swiftness when picking up supply
I assume this is 50% from other dev post, but would like confirmation
How long does this last?

- Have a chance to recover spent supply when spending supply
Do you have to fully spend all supply like for swiftness above, or does this also suffer from the off-by-one issue?
Any anecdotal evidence on how often this happens and how much supply you get back? Example 20% of the time you get 2 back and 1% of the time you get a full 10 back, etc etc?

-Deployed siege sites are invulnerable for a short duration
How long is this? For some reason I remember seeing 3 seconds somewhere, but now I’m not sure.

Thanks

(edited by ShiningMassXAcc.4735)

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

I know the first one makes it instant. You perform a reaching animation, but you don’t have to stop or channel it or anything.

I’d like to know if, assuming the third level’s description is accurate and you have a chance to gain back some supply every time you spend it, does Build/Repair Mastery have a detrimental effect. Since it reduces the number of times you spend the supply.

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Hey all,

Haven’t been able to find much detail on this outside of what is on the wiki (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WXP), nor in game. The skill descriptions, while generally not super specific, seem to be a little more lacking than usual. Can people that have put points into this line comment on the following. I have few points as is and don’t want to ‘waste’ them …

- Pick up supply faster
I assume this becomes instant now or still 1/4 second, or what?

- Gain swiftness after spending all your supply
I assume this is normal swiftness? How much swiftness?
If you have buff to 15 supply and you can only put an even amount (ie 14), do you still get swiftness?

How long does this last?

- Have a chance to recover spent supply when spending supply
Do you have to fully spend all supply like for swiftness above, or does this also suffer from the off-by-one issue?
Any anecdotal evidence on how often this happens and how much supply you get back? Example 20% of the time you get 2 back and 1% of the time you get a full 10 back, etc etc?

-Deployed siege sites are invulnerable for a short duration
How long is this? For some reason I remember seeing 3 seconds somewhere, but now I’m not sure.

Thanks

Hey there, to clear up one or two questions. I believe the 50% increase is for about 5 seconds. The pick up is instant, and I believe the supply you get back is an RNG (Typical ANet strategy there, I tend to get anywhere between 1-4 supply back per 15 supply all completely random and I do have supply/repair mastery) Cant really answer anything else without hopping in game and checking and its super late x_x Apologies, Im sure someone else will answer what I havent though.

Isle Of Janthir

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Grimwolf.7163

So do you get supply back each time it’s taken away, or after you use all of it?

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Posted by: Suen.9715

Suen.9715

U get supplies back when u use all of them. Me and my friend made a little test and it’s possible to get even 6 supplies from 2 ( I had 2 supplies left, I put 2 in siege and get 6 back) which is really stupid. Number shouldnt be higher than base supplies used. Also it’s possible to get supplies from supplies u got back.

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

So do you get supply back each time it’s taken away, or after you use all of it?

Its at the end after you spent your supply.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

How long does this last?

Lasts about 5 seconds and it’s not 50% but 33%. It only says 50% on the buff, but the speed is the same as Swiftness, which sucks if you have access to that anyway.

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

How long does this last?

Lasts about 5 seconds and it’s not 50% but 33%. It only says 50% on the buff, but the speed is the same as Swiftness, which sucks if you have access to that anyway.

Even if it was 5 seconds at 50%, if you have swiftness anyway this will save you less than 1 second on where you are going. In general, it seems like the speed boost related ones are pretty minimal.

The supply return one is sounding pretty reasonable. Looking forward to if someone can do a more concrete study.

Thanks all

Supply Mastery Questions

in WvW

Grimwolf.7163

It probably tries to give 50%, but the game won’t allow you to actually move more than 33% faster. Thieves have a trait that does the same thing.
Apparently after months of complaints, ANet still had no idea their own game worked this way O_o