Supply

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

One significant difference between my server and the one that completely dominates us is management of supply. It’s something they get and we don’t, and it makes a huge difference. We get discouraged by losing so badly, sometimes stop playing, and our misuse of our supply resources is one of the reasons we lose. This must happen to other servers.

I don’t know if supply management in WvW has been discussed in the forum elsewhere. Links would be appreciated. I want to talk about upgrades, how to do them and how not to do them. I want to talk about managing supply lines, upgrading and guarding camps. Some people don’t seem to get this at all.

For the Toast!

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: aRestless.6213

aRestless.6213

That’s something that also isn’t taught on my server. Zerg goes in, captures the camp, takes the mats, and goes. Nobody stays, waits for the camp to be full again and starts that double supply upgrade, which is SO important for upgrading towers and keeps.

We’ll hit the second place this week, and I believe the reason for that is that our (winning) enemies permanently had 2 to 3 people, including siege weaponry, in each camp of their homelands in the first 48 hours after reset. With small groups, it was nearly impossible to flip those camps.

On the other hand: Last week, I was up all night trying to upgrade our own bay to the waypoint. We were two people, and had big problems, just because one really good 1v1 guy constantly flipped back the adjacent camps and killed the dolyaks on their way.

Never lose track of your friends again, with Who’s Talking for Overwolf

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

We flip SMC. Seven hours later, they waypoint SMC. That is not just numbers of players.

For the Toast!

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Well, if you lack supply go to EotM and grab some before joining real WvW. If you don’t have queues it’s even better, if you do, you can jump there for supps while waiting for a pop.
Not a life saver but at least in EotM you can always find supps even if your side is on the loosing side.

Convincing people to not waste supplies is another problem.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Jwoww.4315

Jwoww.4315

I do plenty of scouting on Blackgate (#BEASTGATE) on our home Borderland, I will spend hours upgrading all the camps, especially the north ones, and defending and flipping any of the South camps that usually get flipped for no other reason then the other servers want a quick flip of something on our borderland.

When we need to supply hills and Bay, camps will be protected and yaks protected. If you want to win, and perform well it is something that simply needs to be done. Most guilds on blackgate know this.

The order I use is upgrade for supply increase, then guards for supply, then guard strength, then more guards.

Unless we need supply for repair or an attack, then if we flip a camp, no one in our group will take supply, and an upgrade is ordered. If your point of flipping a camp is to take supply and leave, then your already lost.

Getting a way point on SMC for example is not common, and during the tournament we have done this many times. You need commanders and guilds with the mentality to make it happen. not just talk about it in map chat.

(edited by Jwoww.4315)

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Wait. Blackgate actually has scouts? I’m not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but I was under the impression that T1 was all zerg, zerg, and more zerg.

Proper supply use can make or break a match. A keep with no supply is easier to flip than one that’s stockpiled with supply.

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Jwoww.4315

Jwoww.4315

Lol, then you don’t know Blackgate at all.

Blackgate is full of scouts, I think the only zergs that actually happen would be on EB, which is basically a Zerg only Map.

The reason the other maps may feel like a zerg, is because when you attack one of our T3 towers or keeps, you are going to feel the full force of our float team to take out the offensive. All of which comes from scout reports.

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Well, as a scout from Crystal Desert, that’s quite refreshing to know. Good to hear that T1 isn’t just one major blobfest.

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

On the other hand: Last week, I was up all night trying to upgrade our own bay to the waypoint. We were two people, and had big problems, just because one really good 1v1 guy constantly flipped back the adjacent camps and killed the dolyaks on their way.

While a good player with a good build can make it very hard to get dolyaks through, my two suggestions for you are:

1) Remember that any speed or heal ability that you can apply to another player also can work on dolyaks. If they are being hit, drop a water field on them and blast it. Speed them up so they deliver faster. You can not only significantly increase the speed at which upgrades happen by speeding dolyaks (which some classes can do almost constantly) but I’ve pushed dolyaks into towers while they were under attack by healing them and giving them regeneration so they didn’t die.

2) Invest in ballista mastery. They are pretty good for defending camps, especially once you get the spread shot. A superior ballista with full mastery can down a lot of characters in one shot with spread shot and discourage others from pretty far out with the increased range and damage to the normal shots. As an added bonus, ballista blueprints and superior ballista blueprints are usually relatively cheap.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Supply

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Supply management and Map control go hand in hand. If you want to control that map, you need to control all supply routes on that map first. Want to take that T3, sieged up to the hilt, defended, way pointed keep? Better start by draining the supply access that server has first.

BG waypointed SMC a few times this tournament(twice when I was commanding) simply cause we had people camping our camps making sure yaks get through to our towers, after which SMC gets full of supply and the upgrades kick off. Many many times I called out in teamspeak to other commanders to try drain that SMC supply but we always had more than we could use. We don’t even aim to upgrade SMC as its just a huge sign saying ‘HEY HIT ME’ but having 1000/1000 supply in SMC just… Yeah…

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI