Support Role = No WvW Loot

in WvW

Posted by: raykor.6723

raykor.6723

I decided to respec my character into a full support role just for a little variety.

I found that I get almost no loot in WvW. I spec’ed back to DPS. Fail design ANET.

(edited by raykor.6723)

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

You’re not meant to spec into full support though, they don’t really want you doing that. They want everyone to be able to do a little bit of everything, and if you’re full support you’re not doing your little bit of DPS.

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: raykor.6723

raykor.6723

I may not have been clear enough. Of course I was still using my damage abilities but with all skills and gear dedicated to support, I wasn’t doing enough damage to get loot credit. ANET created trait trees designed to go all the way to 30 so that people could choose that path; they simply forgot to reward anyone silly enough to try playing that way.

Anyhow, it was short-lived experiment that is over for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Orz.5091

Orz.5091

It is a true statement, support was touted early on in the development process with even a developer saying he loved his support thief.

At this time support does in fact gain little in the way of drops in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Isila.2574

Isila.2574

It is a true statement, support was touted early on in the development process with even a developer saying he loved his support thief.

At this time support does in fact gain little in the way of drops in WvW.

Oh, you can still play a character geared towards support. You may even love doing that.

Just don’t expect to get rewarded for it. That privilege is reserved for all the mindless AOE spam.

in WvW

Posted by: Kracin.6078

Kracin.6078

You’re not meant to spec into full support though, they don’t really want you doing that. They want everyone to be able to do a little bit of everything, and if you’re full support you’re not doing your little bit of DPS.

thats BS, you can play whatever spec you want.

you can play full dps, full support, full anything.

what arena net says you can’t play is a healer class… ie… all you do is throw heals out and you can heal people during dungeon type runs.

thats like saying that no one is supposed to build as a glass cannon, even though these builds receive the most bonus loots in WvW.

building purely around damage hurts the fact that supportive classes are absolutely needed in WvW battles.

there should be a different calculation, that gives you the same sort of “damage count” when you give heals to teammates who are doing damage in battle to those same people…. give enough heals to help kill someone, get a bag also.

something like that

in WvW

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

siege>attacking. All the time. Every time.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Kracin.6078

^

uhh, except that a glass cannon specced elementalist or engineer can do more damage than siege equipment anyway lol

in WvW

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

^^ Also you can spend 10 minutes trebbing a wall of a keep yet not get any credit for the capture unless you’re standing within the cap circle.

in WvW

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

Siege is for women and sheep shaggers, men charge out and smite their foes face to face.

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

in WvW

Kracin.6078

^^ Also you can spend 10 minutes trebbing a wall of a keep yet not get any credit for the capture unless you’re standing within the cap circle.

this is another balance issue.

if i had a nickel for every time i am helping keep enemies off of the people who are killing the keep lord and turning the keep, and then miss the cap circle by 2 seconds and get absolutely zero credit or exp or karma for the cap……. id probably have enough to get some mighty tasty lunch.

the problem is deeper than just support not getting credit. for a game where you can get full credit from 1 hit on something in some cases… it is pretty unbalanced in terms of rewards for participation

in WvW

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

this is another balance issue.

if i had a nickel for every time i am helping keep enemies off of the people who are killing the keep lord and turning the keep, and then miss the cap circle by 2 seconds and get absolutely zero credit or exp or karma for the cap……. id probably have enough to get some mighty tasty lunch.

the problem is deeper than just support not getting credit. for a game where you can get full credit from 1 hit on something in some cases… it is pretty unbalanced in terms of rewards for participation

yea i dont get it, they give full loot and xp to anybody who breathed on somebody, but not any loot or XP to the person helped that person breath….anyway…

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

in WvW

Posted by: Narathkor.8541

Narathkor.8541

I believe you are doing it wrong.
I play my guardian, fully set up for support, even mace shield/staff.
I get loot off almost everything.
You are doing something wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: C Gunner.9406

C Gunner.9406

This is why my mesmer doesnt get loot. Its all about skillz that put conditions and daze on opponents.

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

One of the few things Warhammer online did well was loot. just steal their mechanic.

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

Reroll a Mesmer.
Even full heal/support specced the Mesmer still has enough damage output to have enough contribution to get some goodies here and there. Also tell your guildies to leave the easy killing blows to you so you too can get your share of bags.

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

I decided to respec my character into a full support role just for a little variety.

I found that I get almost no loot in WvW. I spec’ed back to DPS. Fail design ANET.

As someone who plays a full support spec with almost no +pow or +prec, I still hit people, and I still get tons of loot.

You should still be highly active in combat even if you are a support build. They are not exclusive, and you are wasting a ton of time if all you are doing is sitting back casting buffs and heal spells whenever the cooldown is up. You have 15-25 skills at any given time depending on your class. Might as well use all of them.

Also, ranged is for sissies. A one hand sword with no +pow/pre still does more damage than any ranged weapon except the Ranger’s longbow. Far too many people have yet to grasp this concept.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

(edited by Dwok Immortalus.2763)

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Also, ranged is for sissies. A one hand sword with no +pow/pre still does more damage than any ranged weapon except the Ranger’s longbow. Far too many people have yet to grasp this concept.

Say’s a support Warrior, because you know every other class is as supremely balanced as yours?

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

Say’s a support Warrior, because you know every other class is as supremely balanced as yours?

And a support specced guardian, and a support specced dagger elementalist.

Warriors are overtuned in several aspects that the majority of the community have yet to discover*, but doesn’t change the basic concepts that melee does more damage, and only using abilities with “heals allies” on it are a massive waste of potential.

• “Bonus armor over 90% hp” is one of the most powerful and easy to abuse traits in game. It’s possible to obtain near perfect invulnerability with a certain trait/gear/rune combo.
Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

The whole “only getting credit for kills/caps” thing is an issue in pretty much every game mode and I guarantee you changes are on the horizon.

Right after a whole lot of bug fixes and backend work.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Don’t expect them to respond to this, or change it. I have a feeling they are pretty much set on their ways.

Which is why my level 80 support guardian is sitting in the corner collecting dust. By level 15 my engine salt could get more badges and loot than him, in the same amount of time.