Surmia vs FoW vs Dzagonur 1 Hour in...

in WvW

Posted by: Zantesuken.5318

Zantesuken.5318

The screenshot says it all. Dzagonur are earning over 500 points. Within the next hour they will own everything. This has been the case, with the opposing German team, for the past three weeks. After the first 2 hours, the map stays the same untill the map resets, resulting in all teams having nothing to do bar the spawn camp.

The problem is that Dzagonur / Drakkar Lake / Whiteside Ridge are all reasonable high population and can assemble for their WvW, regardless of their skill or organisation. FoW and Surmia are the lowest server populations in EU, and as such we simple cannot resist the numbers other servers can field.

This is not exageration. This is not about nightcapping, or orbs, or anything like that. It is as simple as our servers not having the manpower. We have spent 3 weeks skirmishing for supply camps, without any hope of ever taking a keep with the levels of defense and supply the high population servers accrue.

What we need is more people. ANet need to get people into these low population servers to give them a chance. I do not want to witness any more WvW wipeouts that leave us with nothing for entire weeks at a time. This is not what the game is supposed to be.

For the sake of the thousands of players on Surmia, Fow and Dzagonur, save us from another week of futility. Do something to balance the numbers.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: arcdash.4039

arcdash.4039

So you want A-Net to force other players on to your server? Even though they can still switch back for free? Actually, how would you keep these players when players can move from server to server once per day for free? Do you just want the servers locked so that people can’t leave? Do you expect A-Net to remove player’s choice of server?

That will not happen.

In all honesty, it’d be much easier to pack up your guild and move to another one, one that has space for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Aiden.6483

Aiden.6483

+1.
4th week this is happening

Mediocre multiclasser,
PvP & WvW roaming

in WvW

Zantesuken.5318

So you want A-Net to force other players on to your server? Even though they can still switch back for free? Actually, how would you keep these players when players can move from server to server once per day for free? Do you just want the servers locked so that people can’t leave? Do you expect A-Net to remove player’s choice of server?

That will not happen.

In all honesty, it’d be much easier to pack up your guild and move to another one, one that has space for everyone.

There are several solutions that have been discussed on this forum, including:

• Swapping the effect of the Orb buffs with the Outnumbered buff
  • Locking free server transfers to high population servers while keep low population servers free
  • Allowing guild influence to travel over when swapping world, to let guilds move from high queue times to low population without losses.
  • Merging low population servers

I do not particularly care how ANet adresses the issue, only that the status quo is misery for those of us at the bottom bracket. With so much attention on the top of the bracket, it’s hard to get our voice heard. We are paying customers like everyone else, and our WvW experience should not be forgotton or considered less important because we are not as successful.

EDIT: 30 minutes on, and all keeps belong to Dzagonur, and will soon be upgraded with waypoints making any form of comeback much harder.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Gibbonici.9437

Gibbonici.9437

I’m pretty sure the OP meant none of those things.

Whiteside Ridge [JG] [PiP]
Yetas – Human Ranger
Ramonn Yetas – Human Rifle Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: gingertree.5062

gingertree.5062

If I’m not misinformed, then the case of RoS is quite a funny one. If you read these forums you would see some pro-night cappers suggest you just “move to a world with better night activity”, which of course anyone wise would realise only worsens the issue. Two very competent guilds from RoS did exactly that, and now the results begin to show. Of course this is far from the only cause of what we see above, but I can’t ignore the fact that it now has population issues in general all round.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattress.3629

Mattress.3629

Whiteside Ridge isn’t reasonably high pop at all, our WvW is deserted most days until 2pm + in all honesty, we just got beat by Millers Sound and we beat Dzangur, Dzangur gave up in the last couple of hours, guess their back for vengeance, just think yourself lucky that you weren’t facing 2 German servers on the national holiday…those few days were rough for us. I do feel your pain though, were holding our home Borderlands pretty firm but everywhere else is either Vabbi or mostly Drakkar lake there just aren’t enough of us.

Mattress – Asuran Elementalist
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Zantesuken.5318

What guilds were they, gingertree? Back when we had 24hr matches, we had a big group with the tag [Boon] running around doing much of the legwork. I’ve not seen them about, but then again, I haven’t been in WvW much given the circumstances.

I see some servers advertising for night teams, saying that their lower ranked, shorter queue servers are ideal for a transfer, but with the influence cost being so high, why would any serious guild consider it? All I really want is to enjoy the same close WvW that the top servers enjoy, because at the moment, the world relegated to our bottom bracket steamroles everyweek.

in WvW

Posted by: Aiden.6483

Aiden.6483

Allow me to add to that, it’s not about BEING at the top, just having a battle that is actually a battle, a fight.

Mediocre multiclasser,
PvP & WvW roaming

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

well votf + boon left.

Then the DEYS alliance followe together with 2 guilds from the Black Cartel alliance.
Only my guild from the BCA remained (Another one had already left for gandara).

Then the small guilds went.
Then the PvE’rs went because the maps were too deserted for them.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Yeah, it’s pretty sad on RoS. Had all the guilds not left before the one week matches even started I think we’d be doing pretty well – we play quite intelligently, but with so few people. The usual state is around 50-100 people across EB and our own borderlands, with zero people in the other two borderlands.

That said, it does lead to occasional fun moments. With four guildmates we took one of the supply camps and sieged up, and probably killed over fifty from Drakkar before they managed to overwhelm us with sheer numbers, but it’s pretty demoralising that eventually that’s always the outcome in WvW: sheer numbers will beat us no matter how skilfully/intelligently we try to play.

Of course we could just leave, but that’s the cowards way out already taken by a few guilds on RoS, and I’d much rather we eventually build our way into being competitive. I don’t see how that counts as a solution to the problem, except selfishly solving it for myself.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in WvW

Posted by: gingertree.5062

gingertree.5062

What guilds were they, gingertree? Back when we had 24hr matches, we had a big group with the tag [Boon] running around doing much of the legwork. I’ve not seen them about, but then again, I haven’t been in WvW much given the circumstances.

I see some servers advertising for night teams, saying that their lower ranked, shorter queue servers are ideal for a transfer, but with the influence cost being so high, why would any serious guild consider it? All I really want is to enjoy the same close WvW that the top servers enjoy, because at the moment, the world relegated to our bottom bracket steamroles everyweek.

As someone above has mentioned, I’m speaking about losing BOON & VotF. Even your own experience with WvW shows what a huge loss losing one of these guilds has been. I honestly didn’t know about the other guilds on the server moving as well, it’s quite sad to read that. While the current problem RoS has is now more than just being night capped, it’s safe to see that the population issue you face in WvW are a direct result of it.

I played on a similar lower tier world, and haven’t touched the game since 24 hour matchups came to an end because it was already very clear that continuing to play WvW was an exercise in masochism, difference being it would now pain me for a week and not just a few hours. I wouldn’t be surprised if I returned to find our best guilds had left us too and I couldn’t blame them for it if they were intested in playing the game in the long term.

If you want to enjoy WvW while you still can then you’re going to have to move to a ‘better’ world. I agree you shouldn’t have to, but it doesn’t look like things are going to change anytime soon.

(edited by gingertree.5062)

in WvW

Zantesuken.5318

This is the state of the game when I log in in the morning. Through some miracle we still hold the northern half of our Borderlands, but nothing else. Dzagonur is already sporting a 30,000+ lead with all orbs and waypoints in their keeps. I don’t know what the deal with out Borderlands is, maybe we’ve managed to hold some ground, or maybe we just nightcapped it once they all went to bed, but I have a feeling it won’t be long before it’s all solidly green.

As for PvE, well, my guild moved here from a higher pop server (about 20 of us). We were sick of hitting overflow servers in the beginning and wanted to play with each other. Surmia was a medium population server with no language or online following (reddit, for example). Initially it was very good. But, as the guilds started to leave, WvW became what it is and PvE became very quiet indeed. It isn’t terrible though. Every night Orr is reasonable active with groups going the cathedral chains, but other areas are very quiet indeed. Most of the time I feel like I’m playing a single player game inhabited by other single players – hardly the MMO experience ANet set out to provide.

I think they need to lock server transfer to get real data on server populations and then act accordingly. Merge servers, offer incentives for moving to low population, and removing influence penalties, like I suggested, would go a long way to saving Surmia.

Attachments:

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

We actually even had bay and were on inner gates at hills ^^

Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Gibbonici.9437

Whiteside Ridge isn’t reasonably high pop at all, our WvW is deserted most days until 2pm + in all honesty, we just got beat by Millers Sound and we beat Dzangur, Dzangur gave up in the last couple of hours, guess their back for vengeance, just think yourself lucky that you weren’t facing 2 German servers on the national holiday…those few days were rough for us. I do feel your pain though, were holding our home Borderlands pretty firm but everywhere else is either Vabbi or mostly Drakkar lake there just aren’t enough of us.

We do put up a fight though, but that tends to flake out after the second or third night of being nightcapped into oblivion simply because it seems so futile. I’m not massively hopeful that we’ll get much going on this week given how the map looked this morning, but we’ll see what happens.

BTW, great job on leading the Friday night fightback in our borderlands yesterday, it was a pleasure to be part of it.

Yetas – Human Ranger

in WvW

Mattress.3629

Sure thing, I enjoy it, it just seems at the moment the server that wins is the server that stays up to night cap everything, it’s becoming less and less fun to only be in the fight to not come last, it’s been 2 days and would take 3 days of holding everything for us to catch upto Drakkar there just aren’t enough people, getting pretty sick of fighting and fighting for ground during peak time to come back in the morning and see Drakkar have everything and all 3 orbs and a 40k lead, like they do now.

Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

You peeps should stop to look at the scores as you shouldn’t care. We should just focus to farm Germans over and over again. More badges, more loot and more fun. We also have plenty of maps to ninja stuff but keep focussing on one all together. Make groups of 5 and farm boys and gals.

in WvW

Gibbonici.9437

You peeps should stop to look at the scores as you shouldn’t care. We should just focus to farm Germans over and over again. More badges, more loot and more fun. We also have plenty of maps to ninja stuff but keep focussing on one all together. Make groups of 5 and farm boys and gals.

I don’t care too much about the score and I’m starting to look at the nightcapping as a game mechanic that resets the map each day. My biggest concern is for the players who (perfectly understandably) get demoralised and stay away from WvW.

I love being up against it, its a far more intense and rewarding experience than winning off the back of nightcapping, and I love seeing the same people in the fight against insurmountable odds and overwhelming points differences.

Yetas – Human Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: PhoenixDown.2034

PhoenixDown.2034

It’s the demoralising factor that’s the real challenge here. When a fight is not fair, and there is a difference between tough and impossible here, there is no challenge, no loot and scarce sight of fun. The treadmill of getting overrun -> run back for 5 minutes -> overrun cannot surely be the vision for WvW.

The choices are simple; move server or put up with it. I struggle to see how organisation can make a difference against massively outnumbered, over-buffed, 24 hour capable opponents. And lets get real here- all 3 servers are the losers because Dragonzur must be twiddling it’s thumbs most of the time. Moving servers just punishes those who are making a stand as is evident by the previous big guild moves.

It will be interesting to see what Anet does to even the balance. My only hope is that they do it soon before alienating players with the silence on the various issues.

in WvW

Mattress.3629

You want to see a demoralising nightcap?

This is Drakkar Lake v Whiteside Ridge v Vabbi at the moment, it’s beyond a joke tbh, their just sitting in the towers nearest to the spawn, some even outside the spawns, last night it was a bit better 180 v 350 v 120 or so, and they pretty much nightcapped everything, this isn’t even high ranked were all in the bottom 8, yesterday we were having to defend on 2 fronts against Vabbi and Drakkar in EB, as it seemed like there was some invisible line in EB where they just wouldn’t attack each other.

http://imgur.com/7Cu8W

http://i.imgur.com/H8BWG.jpg

As of now were on 5 points.

Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: PhoenixDown.2034

PhoenixDown.2034

RoS was matched with Drakkar before Dragonzur; our scoring was identical to WR it would appear. High occupancy and night coverage is guaranteed on language specific servers as it focuses people together from a geographic region making migrations unlikely and unnecessary in most cases.

in WvW

Ilesyt.7084

Our height of the matchup when we overtook Dzago in incoming points for a VERY brief moment when FoW started taking our towers:

http://tinypic.com/r/30ijo2f/6

Ruins of Surmia