Survey on the WvW map queue

in WvW

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

I have been monitoring this for a few days, now.
EST in the evening: I see a queue for EB, now every evening, 25 at the moment, it has been steady all evening and one of the other maps had a queue as well.
So far, I could not measure any impact on traffic by removing the crafting stations.
The queues are just as bad.
We need a solution, that really address the problem, not a bandaid.
Anyone has the same observations? Let me know.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Good God let it go already, this change is not just about queues, its about players who have no interest in wvw going onto the map and taking up limited space with no regards to anything but their own convenience to do something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the content. This is something that has been asked for many times over the years. Learn to adapt like everyone else and go to a city to do all this crafting that you claim you need to do so often.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is now a general QOL issue for crafters and not a WvW issue, so I suggest it might be better off raised in the general forum.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What was it a bandaid of? Having the crafters in WvW was stupid to begin with. There is absolutely no need to ever craft anything in WvW. The NPCs took up space and bandwidth and so did any useless player using them. It doesnt “solve” anything on a larger scale.

There are plenty of other things still stupid in the game. AC fire rate. Trapper runes. Perplexity runes. Mist form going through door. Many things more. None of them would solve the larger issues. That doesnt make them any less stupid however.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

There is already a solution that really addresses this problem, it’s called transferring down.

in WvW

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

This is now a general QOL issue for crafters and not a WvW issue, so I suggest it might be better off raised in the general forum.

The moderators do not allow it to be discussed outside of this wvw forum.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

EST in the evening: I see a queue for EB, now every evening, 25 at the moment, it has been steady all evening and one of the other maps had a queue as well.
So far, I could not measure any impact on traffic by removing the crafting stations.

I think I have the perfect solution which you should brought up to the A-Net devs. Since they took out crafting stations out of WVW, they should put them in raids, fractals and dungeons, where any random pug at any given moment shoudl be able to pop on the map and sit at the crafting station while bumping one group member outside of the instance.

The bumped group member can return to the instance after the person on the crafting station is done.

That should solve all your problems, not to mention be a very fair thing to do after having these in WVW for X amount of years, they should remain in those instances for same X amount of years, after which they can be transferred to another part of the game, perhaps inside SPVP right on the maps …..

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

FML, with all the time you’re putting into complaining about the crafting station removal you would have way pointed, crafted and been back at the end of your jumping puzzle already.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The problem was addressed by removing the unnecessary crafting from wvw. Go to lions arc or home city for all your crafting needs.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Honestly, what about putting crafting stations in Heart Of The Mist (the pvp lobby).

People already use it for the same purpose as they used the WvW maps anyways, all the services, except for crafting, at one place.

Personally always wanted them to make a own "server map" or something similar to cutting out Citadel from ABL and make it into a own server specific map, as part of WvW, serving same function as HtoM.

* Allows us to go all the services without affecting queue’s on playable maps.
* Can be encouraged to all server mates to use, instead of fighting over queue
* Can be static even over Reset since it is only 1 server, to use for preparing for reset.
* Recruitment
* Never have this argument on the forums ever again (One can hope...)
* Sigil stacks still drops because kitten!

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fatherbliss.4701

Fatherbliss.4701

Allow people to build crafting stations in their home instance. Sell a permanent pass that lets you teleport directly there (already in game). Profit.

Personally I’m not sure why people want them back? I’ve never been in WvW and suddenly had the urge to Craft something. I think its more of a convenience item which could be better placed in other areas of the world.

Of course if I could create a five golems that combine into one big kitten sized VOLTRON using those stations, that would be excellent. Then we could do Rock ’em Sock ’em style combat in the middle of the map. Whomever loses self destructs automatically killing every enemy player within 4,000 yards.

Leader of Goats of Thunder [GOAT]
Tarnished Coast: Bringing the Butter to you (no pants allowed)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

easy solution and guaranteed sales. airship pass and the DR equivalent takes you back to where you were when leaving ala WVW. This was why crafters went there in the first place….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

“Good God let it go already, this change is not just about queues, its about players who have no interest in wvw going onto the map and taking up limited space with no regards to anything but their own convenience to do something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the content. This is something that has been asked for many times over the years. Learn to adapt like everyone else and go to a city to do all this crafting that you claim you need to do so often.”

AND

“What was it a bandaid of? Having the crafters in WvW was stupid to begin with. There is absolutely no need to ever craft anything in WvW. The NPCs took up space and bandwidth and so did any useless player using them. It doesnt “solve” anything on a larger scale.”

And many more . . .

I think you should READ what she said. She wants a solution the queues (thread title) and is saying that removing the crafting stations did not fix the long queues. She is referring to the removal of crafting stations as a “bandaid” to fix the long wait times to get into WvW. I don’t see anywhere in her post that implies she wants the crafting stations back . . . just the opposite, in fact.

You guys need to learn to READ, instead of just flying off the handle.

in WvW

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

You won’t see a reduction in EB queue times because there were no crafting stations there. The crafting change can only really affect the borderlands.

Anyway you’d probably need to compare something like 3 months worth of queue data before and after the crafting removal to really draw any conclusions; any day to day or even week to week measurement is probably just going to be too noisy. For example, a guild group going into a BL can queue the map and that has nothing to do with crafting.

As far as queue times, one solution might be to add another tier (so 5 tiers/15 worlds for NA instead of 4/12). But then wvw might become too “deserted” for some people.

in WvW

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

They just need bigger servers, or set them up like the PVE servers are set up. I know that would mean WvW would be combined, but that might be for the best with all this cross server hopping and guilds being split up. Surely they could code people like they do on the regular servers now so that enemies appear in red. There have been many proposals to do something like this but the problem, I think, is that this is one aspect of the game which has basically been ignored by Anet for the past four years and now they are finally giving attention to it, but things that took four years to get this way cannot be fixed over night.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Hmm.. EBG never had crafting stations, right? I’m pretty sure it was just citadel on your home BL.. So it would seem that your argument about the queues not changing in EBG is completely irrelevant.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

T I know that would mean WvW would be combined, but that might be for the best with all this cross server hopping and guilds being split up. Surely they could code people like they do on the regular servers now so that enemies appear in red.

This is what EOTM was designed for (megaserver style/alliance/whatever you call it) while players waited to join there servers actual WvW.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

Also it’s this same guy complaining in multiple thread daily about the crafting stations being gone from WvW. Go somewhere else man, no one here has any sympathy for it. Anyone who was crafting was not helping WvW players. You can go craft in Lions Arch where you’re not being detrimental to your home server.

Solution to queues is go to a different map. Only 3 servers have the power to queue all 4 maps on NA and they’re all tier 1, and they don’t even do it much outside of reset night.. If they do and you’re on that server – TRANSFER. Stop complaining about your own server being stacked, do something about it.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The problem was addressed by removing the unnecessary crafting from wvw. Go to lions arc or home city for all your crafting needs.

Nope. With OP. I’m just gonna start logging in my alt and just sit in the crafting area of the FA home borderland just take up a spot, not even going to try to get wvwrt points either.

Also it’s this same guy complaining in multiple thread daily about the crafting stations being gone from WvW. Go somewhere else man, no one here has any sympathy for it. Anyone who was crafting was not helping WvW players. You can go craft in Lions Arch where you’re not being detrimental to your home server.

Solution to queues is go to a different map. Only 3 servers have the power to queue all 4 maps on NA and they’re all tier 1, and they don’t even do it much outside of reset night.. If they do and you’re on that server – TRANSFER. Stop complaining about your own server being stacked, do something about it.

Anyone forging, using bank(s), or tp are also just wasting a space. We might as well remove them too, that way you only have the “true WvWers” on the map.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

Anyone forging, using bank(s), or tp are also just wasting a space. We might as well remove them too, that way you only have the “true WvWers” on the map.

Bank and TP aren’t clogging up our queues, people can just go to PvP to do that same thing without having cost of waypoints as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’ve got a Guild Weapons Station sitting in my bank for about two years now. Do you want to use it to craft in WvW? It lasts a whole hour.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

OP’s right. People crafting in WvW has never been a real problem. But if people are foolish enough to believe Anet has done them a great thing by removing it, let them live in their lie.

in WvW

Josh XT.6053

OP’s right. People crafting in WvW has never been a real problem. But if people are foolish enough to believe Anet has done them a great thing by removing it, let them live in their lie.

I can personally vouch for my time on Blackgate where we had a 35 man group that was the only group in our home BL and the map was queued. I waypoint to spawn and probably 15+people sitting at crafting stations or at the trading post. Basically 20+ people just sitting in citadel doing nothing for the server.

I’m sure a lot don’t want to sympathize since its Blackgate, but I have always seen 10+ around the crafting stations doing nothing for WvW in FA BL when I was on FA as well.

It wasn’t necessary to have in WvW and really had no place in WvW. They can craft in several places in the open world, they don’t need to craft in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Players that enter WvW to just flip a node for a daily, to gather, to craft, and to use the TP, all count in some fashion toward World Populations. Next is the issue of taking up spots on the maps. Especially when map hopping forces need to get in fast to defend.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

You know what I find takes up most space… is real WvW players who have been playing for ‘x’ time and need to take 5 minute break or so (whether bio, refill, smoke, food, whatever) and are at spawn. In an average 4 hour evening I’ll probably take a 5 min break every half hour, cause the commanders just don’t.

Assuming the queue impacts based only around crafting was a silly move. Sure crafting should never have been in the maps to begin with (nor should the forge really – but vendors TP and bank should be imho), but it’s never really been a problem for 99% of the game’s life. But one of the times some anet guy was on when there was a bunch afk at some station… boom. Gets the report, goes to validate it … see’s it and deducts that crafter’s have an impact. I didn’t see any numbers around this math, but I couldn’t imagine it was much.

You know what stat I would love to know? The amount of players in queue that are presently on another WvW map. Example … guild sees EBG is queued, goes to red BL to raid, raids for a while, queues for EBG. While EBG players playing on EBG, seeing queue on another map, queuing for that map. We keep looking at it from a perspective that players are trying to get in from outside, or to get more guildies in from outside… when I think a lot of it is based from active players wanting to play on an active map. Some likely even think, or big queue must be a good commander on that map.

To be honest, I think a lot of the queue is based around this type of stuff. Sure, when daily vet comes up … a lot of players queue that map just to go kill a worg at there close way point, but that’s a small blip across the 24 hour day – hell even 6 hours prime for players – what do those people doing daily take … 2 minutes to go stand by a hillside and wait for it to spawn?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The moderators do not allow it to be discussed outside of this wvw forum.

It should be phrased differently perhaps then.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I can personally vouch for my time on Blackgate where we had a 35 man group that was the only group in our home BL and the map was queued. I waypoint to spawn and probably 15+people sitting at crafting stations or at the trading post. Basically 20+ people just sitting in citadel doing nothing for the server.

I’m sure a lot don’t want to sympathize since its Blackgate, but I have always seen 10+ around the crafting stations doing nothing for WvW in FA BL when I was on FA as well.

It wasn’t necessary to have in WvW and really had no place in WvW. They can craft in several places in the open world, they don’t need to craft in WvW.

Yeah, you definitely won’t get sympathy from me. You guys don’t want queues, destack the top tier(s). The numbers at the crafting stations has never been that many, so don’t blame them for the long queues.
And if it really is due to the few crafters counting towards WvW pop, then anet needs to redo their way of determining it. They should only be counting those that finish at least one event on the map (either capping something, the vet creature(s), or shrines/relics).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Honestly, what about putting crafting stations in Heart Of The Mist (the pvp lobby).

People already use it for the same purpose as they used the WvW maps anyways, all the services, except for crafting, at one place.

Personally always wanted them to make a own “server map” or something similar to cutting out Citadel from ABL and make it into a own server specific map, as part of WvW, serving same function as HtoM.

• Allows us to go all the services without affecting queue’s on playable maps.
  • Can be encouraged to all server mates to use, instead of fighting over queue
  • Can be static even over Reset since it is only 1 server, to use for preparing for reset.
  • Recruitment
  • Never have this argument on the forums ever again (One can hope…)
  • Sigil stacks still drops because kitten!

Unless they make the airship and the royal pass area work that way, I don’t see them making another area that can ruin these areas selling business.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Digomatic.4218

Digomatic.4218

I mentioned Map Queues based on average “currently logged in” population in another thread. It would force a balance.

I like the removing crafting and mystic forge idea as well to get the people sitting at spawn into another area as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

I was amazed at how some of the folks commenting here can’t even read a post and switch to their normal trolling behavior.
I hate to break this news, to them, I’m strictly talking about the big red herring, The queues are just the same, no matter which fallacies some spews.
Anet is not looking at a solution, this is knee jerking.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I was amazed at how some of the folks commenting here can’t even read a post and switch to their normal trolling behavior.
I hate to break this news, to them, I’m strictly talking about the big red herring, The queues are just the same, no matter which fallacies some spews.
Anet is not looking at a solution, this is knee jerking.

Tbh, I think the removal of the crafting stations wasn’t meant to reduce queue times or anything. They are trying to keep track of the people who actually go to wvw to wvw and by removing the people who only went there for the easy access to the to crafting, they can gather a more accurate data.

It annoys me that they are gone, but if it bring some results, they can stay gone forever for all I care.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

What does EB, a map that never had crafting stations, have to do anything?

Anyhow, I was crafting today and decided I will support the crafting by selling important materials on the TP to assist in crafting efforts for low prices and easy access. I’m selling a very hot commodity, since there doesn’t seem to be enough going around. Hope this helps, since a lot of folks seem to need this.

You’re welcome! Also, as for some charity work, if you send me an angry enough message, I’ll mail you one for free! (Offer limited while supplies last)

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Salt is what keep WvW moving…

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Considering how fast it sold, you’re probably right.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Send me silver doubloons and molten lodestones, please.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Sorry. I’m merely a lowly WvW’er, not a TP flipper. I can’t afford those unless it’s Wednesday..

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Sorry. I’m merely a lowly WvW’er, not a TP flipper. I can’t afford those unless it’s Wednesday..

Bruh plz, look at your gold… You have more gold coins than I have ranks in WvW.

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Oh no, I really need to edit SS’s. But seriously, it’s not even enough to buy what I want. I’ve actually been pouring forth all my coin for it but it seems like three people instantly outbid me the moment I try to bid higher. >.> I actually took the gold back and bought that salt, since I was pretty salty about it.

I mean when my pve friends and guildies are talking about their 7th legendary when i have none and how they make 50 gold a day from level 7 billion fractals (I still have 5 agony resist), well….

As an aside, I really have to show my appreciation for reward tracks. Before them I never passed 1k gold— after them, I actually PvE less than I did before and it’s been good.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Same!

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Same…. I guess xD

But that’s nothing unusual. If it’s not EOTM or pvdoor, I don’t gain more than 2-3 levels an hour even on an active day since the bulk of wxp comes from captures. With dailies no longer giving drops or boosts, I expect it to be even slower. I think I’ve earned around 800 ranks since HoT release, going by a post I’ve made around that time. (That means all that work is worth a paltry 250 gold about) So 800 ranks over 9 months would probably be reduced to 600 ranks over 9 months. That means I might reach Diamond in about 5 years. One mitigating factor is that my play time in the midst of the desert borderlands dropped really low though.

Happy grinding I guess.

As for the subject of gold, there’s literally about three things even someone that does 80% WvW could do. 100% WvW’ers that go eww PvE, can still do two. Since the April patch, I’ve done exactly 1 DS meta (and it was terrible), a couple of AB/TD runs, and some random VB. 0 dungeons/fractals, never liked those things. I think 1 raid where I got carried by guildies through the first boss though I’m not really sure when that happened before or after April.

Ironically, with the new changes which allows you to buy HoT things with heroics, I found that my time in pve was redundant because I don’t need those currencies anymore. Maybe I should be salty and demand refunds and stuff; that’s the popular thing to do when things change.