Survey to wvw thieves

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

How many of you were royally screwed by the anti-stealth traps? I’m talking about changes to your daily/usual wvw habits. Have they really shut you down? Are they a simple nuisance that can be dealt with? Are they as rampant as you’ve imagined? Or are they pretty rare and hardly noticeable?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I know what you want us to say.. And since it’s the truth I’ll just say it anyway: antistealth traps are completely useless in 1v1. I can see you placing it, I can see where you placed it, and even if I trigger it I can just shadowstep away and wait 30 seconds.

The problem is when we run with a zerg.. id we are in an organized zerg and we hae 30 seconds revealed we are walking dead body.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

A simple nuisance that can be dealt with and pretty rare and hardly noticeable.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

if you waste a thief trap in a 1v1 you should probably just stop and /sleep and let him kill you and get it over with,

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Thank you for the responses. Please note that this is an honest question. Actually, the first answer indeed makes a lot of sense.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

They are a simple nuisance that can be dealt with.

Basically what others have said, useless in 1v1. I have gotten hit by one as I entered as supply camp though, all it did really was delay 30 seconds before I engaged and solo’d the camp.

I have gotten chased by a mob after being hit by anti stealth too but I can escape easily. However I am not your average d/d or d/p thief. I run condition p/d with heal skill Withdraw and Runes of Centaur. Also have sigil of energy on my shortbow. Whenever I feel like it I can simply switch over to SB, get a free dodge, and usually another with Withdraw (15 sec cd) which provides an awesome gap opener and in some cases a gap closer. 100% uptime on swiftness with Centaur runes and SB skill 5 gg. No zerg or mob catches up to me stealth or no stealth. The best mobility and speed burst in the game. When running away, I reset hp in front of people’s faces. Best solo roaming class ever! Some people make the mistake of chasing me and trailing away from their zerg, ha! Nine times out of ten they are dead in a 1v1. No zerg to rez you from down state now suckers.

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

if you waste a thief trap in a 1v1 you should probably just stop and /sleep and let him kill you and get it over with,

There has been a reason to use them in 1v1 though…

Perma-stealthed thieves who have glitched into or hiding in a tower/keep.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: wish.3102

wish.3102

Ive only had one used against me once I think… but Im not sure, the guy did the crouch animation, then I stunned/killed him. It wouldnt really affect me though at this point. Ive switched to using sword in my weapon swap, and I almost never stealth when playing with it. Which I find myself doing more and more now, so I even dreamed up a no stealth sword build I will be trying out soonish. I played it against people in my guild in sPVP today and it did alright, even though they stomped me a lot =3

Jade Quarry. RNG/THF/GRD/WAR
SovietSpaceDogs[SSD]

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: GenerationX.9178

GenerationX.9178

I ran into lot shadow traps including in 1vs1 situation which was the funniest. It is crazy effective vs stealth thief.

Generation [ RH ] [ EC ]

Survey to wvw thieves

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I prefer anti-stealth traps to class nerfs any day.