Sustain meta over the top?

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

A few classes can eat huge bursts and as long as it isn’t fatal, heal back up in a very short time.
Skills aren’t the deciding factor in many fights…

Often you can outplay your opponent but if you aren’t using a heavy sustain build, you will lose.
If both parties are using heavy sustain builds, it pretty much ends in a stalemate.

Mistakes can be made but pretty much healed easily.
I’m not going to name classes but…

What are your thoughts on sustain currently?
Specifically, is it more fun now with sustain being meta or was it more fun when power builds pretty much wrecked each other in a few decisive moves?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Bring back pirate ship if you need but get over with this meta already.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Passive sustain is cancer. I have no problem with sustain if its coming from player skill

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

The short answer to your question is yes. It is sPvP Season 1 bunker meta. Ironic that the name of the team who quit a pro match because of the meta was called Zero Counterplay.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Oh you have a problem with it? Here’s what I have a problem with

-Pirateship meta
-Unbalanced state of conditions
-Siege wars

Want to know why people are focusing on sustain builds, its because there is too much garbage getting thrown around and somebody has to actually push through all those red circles, eat up all those condis, and sustain all that godkitten ed siege.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

And yet as we saw in sPvP when they removed the bunker…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I would very much prefer a bunker meta over a full damage meta. This composition may not be the most skill intensive for the individual player but makes other things like good movement much more important. (Which also requires a more skilled com)

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Yea I am not going to look at pvp as a standard, I have always found the pvp in this game to be a joke and in all honesty an insult to gw1 pvp which was king.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

My thoughts are that everyone dislikes something different. You or I may not like the sustain meta while others may dislike a burst heavy meta. It doesn’t matter how it changes, someone will be unhappy.

Either you can adapt and learn to enjoy it or you can leave and return when things change. GW2 does not have a subscription fee and therefore you can return at any time you like.

I do agree that the sustain meta is a bit out of hand but patience is all it takes until a new meta forms for everyone to criticise and lament.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Oh you have a problem with it? Here’s what I have a problem with

-Pirateship meta
-Unbalanced state of conditions
-Siege wars

Want to know why people are focusing on sustain builds, its because there is too much garbage getting thrown around and somebody has to actually push through all those red circles, eat up all those condis, and sustain all that godkitten ed siege.

^ this.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

The sustain is actually needed since even “used to be good”-GvG guilds are using 90% condi builds. So if you want a pugblob and survive this, you go sustain in mainly vitality. Add a Ton of guards and min. 5 melee revenants spaming jalis and youre fine. It’s just avoiding getting killed by some bullkitten builds. We tried offensive, didnt work. But this is still way more fun than pirateship. The sustainblobs need good stacking, you need to be more focussed since the right lasts longer.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The issue is boon share, some boons stack way to much and some should not stac at all.
Not saying that boons share needs to go to oblivion, but some boons need rules.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The issue is boon share, some boons stack way to much and some should not stac at all.
Not saying that boons share needs to go to oblivion, but some boons need rules.

Which in turn lead condition builds to punch through it. Its just a circlejerk

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

wvw…..yawwwnnnnnn.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Sustain? K.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

The sustain is actually needed since even “used to be good”-GvG guilds….

The quality of “GvG” guilds and the WvW playerbase as a whole is terrible now, there are no “used to be good guilds”, most of the good players quit the game or barely play WvW anymore, the boon meta is the most tedious, one dimensional, low skilled dull kitten that has ever been in the game, guilds / players were literally bored out of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

A few classes can eat huge bursts and as long as it isn’t fatal, heal back up in a very short time.
Skills aren’t the deciding factor in many fights…

Often you can outplay your opponent but if you aren’t using a heavy sustain build, you will lose.
If both parties are using heavy sustain builds, it pretty much ends in a stalemate.

Mistakes can be made but pretty much healed easily.
I’m not going to name classes but…

What are your thoughts on sustain currently?
Specifically, is it more fun now with sustain being meta or was it more fun when power builds pretty much wrecked each other in a few decisive moves?

I think we all saw your videos where other power specs cannot endure a combination of condis+huge aoe spike against a target that literally press F1 then proceed to press 5-4-1-1-1 leave, kite than F1 again

This is a MMO and not a MOBA, if you’re looking for a 1vs1 death match then I can direct you in the right direction…otherwise I can be here writing a whole book on why your professions has several advantages respect to others when playing power specs.

Don’t come here talking about 1vs1 fairness when some professions effectively have 80% more base HP or armour , easier to land dmg respect to others with unblockable and untelegraphated traits; others have stealth, other can chain blocks for days, others can become immune to everything for 20s or so …every 50-60s.

There is no 1vs1 fairness in a MMO, tell me your profession and I will list all the unfair advantages they have…whichever profession you may say

(edited by Supreme.3164)