Switching characters while queueing

in WvW

Posted by: Jeydra.4386

Jeydra.4386

Some time ago I made the fateful decision to play Mesmer in WvW, while keeping my Elementalist as my main PvE character. The result is my Mesmer is level 80 purely from WvW, with no zones mapped, while my Elementalist has no world rank. I have nothing to do with my Mesmer while queueing for WvW, yet I can’t queue with my Elementalist because I want to play my Mesmer.

Suggestion: make queueing “account bound” in the sense that you can switch characters without losing your place in the queue.

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Absolutely 100% would love this feature.

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Some time ago I made the fateful decision to play Mesmer in WvW, while keeping my Elementalist as my main PvE character. The result is my Mesmer is level 80 purely from WvW, with no zones mapped, while my Elementalist has no world rank. I have nothing to do with my Mesmer while queueing for WvW, yet I can’t queue with my Elementalist because I want to play my Mesmer.

Suggestion: make queueing “account bound” in the sense that you can switch characters without losing your place in the queue.

There is no “place” in queue. It’s random.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Jeydra.4386

Same thing. If I get the message “Eternal Battlegrounds is ready”, I want to be able to switch characters and THEN map to EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

But you still have to be logged on the character you want to play while you wait. That’s the problem with the huge queues, even if they are random

in WvW

Jeydra.4386

What do you mean I have to be logged on to the character I want to play while I wait? If this is implemented, I can play my Elementalist, get the message that WvW is ready, switch to my Mesmer, and then go WvW.

So hard to understand?

in WvW

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

I was responding to the post above yours. That the queue is random makes no difference when your wvw toon is not your overall toon.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Why not just do pve with your mesmer………………………

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

Why not just thinking outside the box ?

Some builds and gear are not suited for an efficient pve experience

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Why not just thinking outside the box ?

Some builds and gear are not suited for an efficient pve experience

I think you should practice what you preach.

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

I think you should practice what you preach.

Explain yourself while making comments, because your comment doesnt make any sense.

If you want an example for “Some builds and gear are not suited for an efficient pve experience”

Yeah i do wvw with my full soldier warrior, a tanky build and defensive weapons. If i want to run a round of Cof p1, id rather have my berserker warrior, with his dps build and offensive weapons. If i want to farm some monsters, id rather do it with my berserker warrior. Why ? because its much more efficient and fun, especially if you only need a third of the time to do the tasks that the other character would have needed.

(edited by Gumby.1708)

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

It’s not even about farming with diff characters.
Let’s assume, you have an alt, you’d like to level. You have your well bombing juggermancer for WvW purposes but got some level 10 thief sitting in queensdale ready to slaughter some centaurs and gear up to do the swamp as a stepping stone to rocking Kessex Hills. You really want to melt some faces with your necro, so you queue. Now you have to stay on that character for however long it takes the queue to pop you into the map. You can not proceed with your thief, even though, that’s the thing you want to do most next to zerging in wvw.

Now, if this was implemented, it might happen, that the player in question has to abandon some world event and get no credit for it, or be kicked out of his personal story right before completing a mission, but he will get to queue for WvW on his main WvW character, while levelling his alt.

About how to implement it, I wouldn’t even make it that much of a stretch: You queue for a character. Now, you are free to switch characters and do something else, but when the queue pops, it will simply put you into the WvW map with the character, you originally queued with.
I have to admit, there is nothing “simple” about it, as it would technically require a couple of extra steps to be performed in between, but that’s still something, you could hide from the player. For the player, the only thing, that matters is: Log on with char a, queue, switch characters, go play with char b, eventually the queue pops and you are put into the map with char a. Maybe give 2 choices: “Enter in with queued char” and “Enter with current char”.
Offering the whole character selection screen is way too complicated for the benefit, but this alternative should suffice.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Calle.8746

Calle.8746

Sounds to me like you have 100% of the PvE content to do while waiting.