T1 Roamer In Need of Transfer Advice.

in WvW

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

I’ve been solo roaming on T1 for half a year now, and two things have finally started to dawn on me.

1. A solo glass roamers life is a living hell.
2. Zergs, and condition builds are the majority of encounters that you’ll find.

Now, after considering my options, and my lack of will to return to a tier lower than 4, I am taking into account two transfer options. The first being Yak’s Bend, and the second being Fort Aspenwood.

A few of my friends have told me that players in tier 2 are far more skilled in 1v1 and small scale combat, which is a huge plus point for me. I was also told that the numbers are usually even, and the frequency of getting “Zerged” is a lot lower. The only downside is the fact that T2 has MANY thieves, and what makes it worse is their ganking squads.

I would like to know, which server is better in terms of avoiding ganking squads, and which one would be a lot less straining for a glass mesmer.

in WvW

Posted by: Centurion.7296

Centurion.7296

You can always join me in WSR, here you can almost solo everything ( because there so few people ;_;) from keeps to camps .

in WvW

Posted by: Reto.6712

Reto.6712

If I were you I’d avoid T2 and go either T3/4/5. Definitely more possibilities for solo roamers.

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I would like to know, which server is better in terms of avoiding ganking squads, and which one would be a lot less straining for a glass mesmer.

Empty ones. If you want a higher chance of not running into 5-man gank squads, you will actually have to go to a tier where there aren’t enough people to create them. Even then, condi builds will still be there. There is no such thing as fighting a server that has no condi roamers.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

T3 to T6 is the sweet spot.
I run on Aurora, but sometimes solo encounters are rare.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

This isnt a 1v1 game. Grab your friends and gank, flip everything.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

We can play the game however we want, thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

You’ll find thieves everywhere.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

no server is more skilled than any other

tough, even fights are anecdotal experience

there are far too many noobs/bads that hop in to wvw for 20 minutes for a solo roamers experience to have any kind of skill level consistency that obviously and significantly differs from tier to tier

there are 2 major differences between t1-2 and the rest:

• high tiers have enough players that solo roamers get pushed away from towers and keeps and almost never have opportunities to fight over them without a group
  • most large organized guilds have moved to high tiers. that mostly means things like raid schedules, gvgs, and practice in large scale fights. it doesnt mean that their players have better gear/builds than the rest.

so really, fa and yb arent gonna be much different from t1. you might get to push a tower slightly more often. thats about it.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Grimwar.3789

Grimwar.3789

Recommend Tier 3 as ideal for WvW. T2 has smaller blobs than T1 but nonetheless still blobs to a roamer.

Grimwar.3789
Deux Ex [XX] on Stormbluff Isle
deuxex.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

We can play the game however we want, thanks.

You can, but dont cry if 10 other players gank you

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

T4 sees a decent amount of roaming action.

BG

in WvW

GrandHaven.1052

You can, but dont cry if 10 other players gank you

I won’t.

Normally just have a good laugh if I was dumb enough to kite and run and/or take one or 2 with me…

Even go as far as harassing the 10 man groups if have a class with superior mobility.

in WvW

Posted by: Buell.3701

Buell.3701

I’m primarily a roamer as well, and I can vouch for T8. Down here in T8 it’s literally roamers all day long. The only time it gets blobby is NA prime and even then it’s only for like a couple hours. Sure, it might take you a bit longer to fight other roamers to fight, but that’s the price you pay for less zerg encounters. You have to decide which one you want.

T8 is a roamers paradise. If you’re interested and/or have any questions feel free to mail/whisper me

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I’m primarily a roamer as well, and I can vouch for T8. Down here in T8 it’s literally roamers all day long. The only time it gets blobby is NA prime and even then it’s only for like a couple hours. Sure, it might take you a bit longer to fight other roamers to fight, but that’s the price you pay for less zerg encounters. You have to decide which one you want.

T8 is a roamers paradise. If you’re interested and/or have any questions feel free to mail/whisper me

I have to agree with this. I am on Kaineng, and it is active enough in wvw that you can almost always find people to fight as a roamer(depending on your time zone), yet you won’t run into any of the huge zergs/blobs that you’ll find on T1-4.

Best of luck on your transfer choice!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Well you would pick the right choice if you went to FA for T2 servers, since you would avoid their own blobs and probably face more solo roamers from YB and SoS, if you want the easiest roaming experience you pick FA so you don’t deal with their 5-10 man roaming groups (good luck with the NA queues). There’s a good amount of thieves on any of the servers, I play a glass mesmer too and I’m already at the breaking point of roaming with it anymore in T2 because of thieves.

But I would probably recommend T3 for roaming, Mags is set for T3 may even sneak into T2 at time point if they push hard enough and drain more ratings off DB. DB just lost guilds again? but their sea carries them. SBI looks like they can hang around T3.

You state you don’t want to go lower than T4 ( I had the same feelings when I was thinking of moving), but you’ll probably find more roamers and less zergs as you go down the tiers (and probably more deadzones depending on your play time).

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Don’t come to Fort Aspenwood it is awful. During primetime you might as well not even try because it’s all zergs. during off hours the breakdown of the typical roaming experience is 80% boring empty maps, 10% zergs, 9% thieves, 1% actual fights. I’ve been wanting to leave for quite some time because it is just insanely boring. Only reason i haven’t stopped is because unbelievably it still beats zerging.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

Don’t go YB. We got 4-5 maps queued during NA. Please no.
Don’t go FA. They have too many roamers. It’s ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Being on SoS, I have terrible experience roaming against FA. They literally send out 5+ players chasing you down once you get on their BL. Even on SoS BL, they send 5+ man group around the taken hill to ensure no supply yak is lost.

Simply put, the roaming group from FA is just too fat to be a roaming group

in WvW

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

SBI could always use a few more good roamers!!! Couple good havoc guilds / solo roamers currently but room to expand!

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Except for overnight when 5v5v8 decides who controls the whole world…. T8 is roamer paradise.

You have map queues in prime time and substantial blobs at all other hours. Your actions will meaningfully impact the world which will not feel empty.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

FA is the best roaming server for sure.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Simply put, the roaming group from FA is just too fat to be a roaming group

Reminds me of BG

#wherearealltheroamers

in WvW

Posted by: DarthMcCoy.8657

DarthMcCoy.8657

To be honest, T2 is blob hell, what they consider roaming here is a group of 4-5.

That said, the best fight do occur there, fighting people from T3/T4 you have to play without armor to get the thrill of a challenge.
Haven’t played against the resurrected mag, but they used to have decent players (don’t know if that is still the case)

You will find the smallest queues on SoS (but they may drop if maguuma keeps their ppt).
As long as it is not the weekend (Friday/Saturday sometimes Sunday), YB usually only queues one map.
FA will queue all maps everyday of the week.

If I was to select a server for roaming, my selection would be DH and you will most likely get to fight NSP and CD (or DB), with DH,/NSP/CD being the ideal matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

I’ve been solo roaming on T1 for half a year now, and two things have finally started to dawn on me.

2. Zergs, and condition builds are the majority of encounters that you’ll find.

Now, after considering my options, and my lack of will to return to a tier lower than 4, I am taking into account two transfer options. The first being Yak’s Bend, and the second being Fort Aspenwood.

A few of my friends have told me that players in tier 2 are far more skilled in 1v1 and small scale combat, which is a huge plus point for me. I was also told that the numbers are usually even, and the frequency of getting “Zerged” is a lot lower. The only downside is the fact that T2 has MANY thieves, and what makes it worse is their ganking squads.

To be honest T3-4 will be your best bet.

YB is full of people that will leave you as you get outnumbered to sit next to an AC
FA is full of small and large guild groups so your que for maps immediately starts at 7p
SoS has a sever population dip in the middle of the day, so it will be you vs 3 people and during NA you get guild goups doing g v g.

So yea
Avoid T2 or go FA if you play EU time

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I have two accounts, one on FA and I moved my other to Anvil Rock about a month ago. T2 is just a blob fest to me I guess and ques ques ques….What I like about AR is that I can sign in, enter any map I please, and just roam. You will get ganked from time to time by a wild group of blood thirsty thiefs, every server has them regardless of what tier you’re on, but it is rare from what I’ve seen down in T6 so far. AR is fully capable of taking 15 players, no tag and wiping a group twice their size easily. The players awareness is pretty impressive. They don’t use teamspeak much and don’t rag on you if you are not using it. What I like is that you can come across a small crew of 3-5 and just hang out with them without even saying a word to each other and take camps and towers.

I’m sure I’ll get hate from T2, but the fights down here are more fun and epic. I haven’t seen much blobbing tbh from the T6 crews. It feels like launch honestly, where fights were somewhat even and small guilds could pull off some awesome tactics. Battles at towers and keeps are amazing, I’m loving it so far.

And for my final insult, the roamers are better down here in my experience. I’m not sure if they are so use to fighting outnumbered or been roaming so long they just know how to handle their class, but then again my main is on FA and hands down they have some awesome fighters on that server so hanging around some of those guys you have a comfort zone that they’ll carry the fight against the other T2 groups.

Hope that helps…sorry T2

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Aduah.4567

Aduah.4567

You should come to Ehmry. We are made up of mostly solo roamers and small group havoc. T5 is nice and calm enough that you dont run into blobs MOST of the time when roaming. Come on down. Most people like our community once inside of it.

in WvW

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

@Reto.6712
As far as I know t4-5 is somewhat unstable in rankings and people tend to come and go a lot which I personally don’t like.

@Ark Bladesteele.2943
I don’t mind 5 man gank squads, I only mind their frequency, but I do understand your point, no matter where you go condition players and gank squads will always be there.

@insanemaniac.2456
I have to disagree with your point on how all worlds equal in skill.
Worlds with more people are more skilled with large group combat where as low populated worlds have players a lot more attuned to small scale, or even 1v1 combat situations.

@Buell.3701
T8 is a bit too low for me. Also I have a few people down there I’d rather not see again. Ya know, personal reasons.

@Xenesis.6389
Yea, I’ve been receiving a lot of requests from friends on Mag and FA, and even from people who have read this forum post. Both have their push and pull factors, so it really does come down to what I personally prefer.

@Exciton.8942
I’ll make sure to knock SoS off my list then. :P

@Treeoflife.4031
When SBI had rotations with IoJ, I left quite a few “disheartening” impressions, and I don’t think i’d be too welcome.

@FearedbytheGods.8617
I know what you mean! I have more friends on Blackgate and TC each individually than I do on JQ, due to having connections with roamers.

@DarthMcCoy.8657
I know that a low tier like Darkhaven would be great for solo roaming, but I still have the small fear of desertion and a fear of world unstability, thus my reasoning to avoid falling too far down.

@Solori.6025
EU and NA time are factors I completely forgot to consider, so thanks for bringing that up.

Sorry for not getting to everyone, but when I get a chance I’ll make sure get all my responses in. Thanks so much for the advice so far!

in WvW

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Not too sure what you mean… but SBI is fighting really hard to stay in T3 and we have had a few small groups transfer here recently. Dunno if that makes a difference or not but…… Either way i hope you find a good home server that fits. Best of luck to you

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

i would say go to bronze league but lately there has been only condi teefs and pu mesmers running around >_>

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i would say go to bronze league but lately there has been only condi teefs and pu mesmers running around >_>

well at least specializations will kill off pu mes

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

well at least specializations will kill off pu mes

It’s going to give us something much

MUCH

worse

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

come T4. you get to fight CD streamer roamer like Arajal and few others.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.3124

Ogre.3124

Maguuma a year back was known for having the most skilled everything in WvW. Right now its sitting in tier 3 and a lot of its populace transferred servers. But, for solo roaming it could still be a good place to be. And if you want to fight their players, go to any other tier 3 server to do so.

Tier 2 could be fine, you can judge whether you like it or not through WilsonStorm’s twitch stream. He’s on fort aspenwood.

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

2. Zergs, and condition builds are the majority of encounters that you’ll find

It’s the same in High/Low T2 aswell, blob mentality and condition roamers everywhere. Only reason i can see why you would move from a kitten lower is because of queue times, quality of opponent does not vary, builds do not vary and even blobs do not vary. the only thing that varies is queue times.

Being in T1 queues must be hell.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I have two accounts, one on FA and I moved my other to Anvil Rock about a month ago. T2 is just a blob fest to me I guess and ques ques ques….What I like about AR is that I can sign in, enter any map I please, and just roam. You will get ganked from time to time by a wild group of blood thirsty thiefs, every server has them regardless of what tier you’re on, but it is rare from what I’ve seen down in T6 so far. AR is fully capable of taking 15 players, no tag and wiping a group twice their size easily. The players awareness is pretty impressive. They don’t use teamspeak much and don’t rag on you if you are not using it. What I like is that you can come across a small crew of 3-5 and just hang out with them without even saying a word to each other and take camps and towers.

I’m sure I’ll get hate from T2, but the fights down here are more fun and epic. I haven’t seen much blobbing tbh from the T6 crews. It feels like launch honestly, where fights were somewhat even and small guilds could pull off some awesome tactics. Battles at towers and keeps are amazing, I’m loving it so far.

And for my final insult, the roamers are better down here in my experience. I’m not sure if they are so use to fighting outnumbered or been roaming so long they just know how to handle their class, but then again my main is on FA and hands down they have some awesome fighters on that server so hanging around some of those guys you have a comfort zone that they’ll carry the fight against the other T2 groups.

Hope that helps…sorry T2

RambitsHouse summed up AR pretty well. Outside of reset you’ll normally see a queue on 1 map during primetime, but even then a lot of the time there isn’t a tag up, just a bunch of small groups and solo roamers.

During NA prime you will see a lot more guild groups and havock squads but outside of NA prime is a roamers paradise. You will find plenty of 1v1-3 fights.

I do want to warn you, a lot of people come down from tier 1-2 thinking they are going to be hot kitten and end up getting their kitten handed to them. I’ve played on every tier and bronze just has a lot more action for solo roamers so the people you run into are going to be a little more experienced at it.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Tier 3 is a magical place right now. We’ve established some balance by actually working with the other servers to have fights and such.

During none prime time there’s lots of dueling and roaming.

Go to SBI unless you can put up with Maguuma trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: ZvolTx.3165

ZvolTx.3165

Hope that helps…sorry T2

RambitsHouse summed up AR pretty well. Outside of reset you’ll normally see a queue on 1 map during primetime, but even then a lot of the time there isn’t a tag up, just a bunch of small groups and solo roamers.

During NA prime you will see a lot more guild groups and havock squads but outside of NA prime is a roamers paradise. You will find plenty of 1v1-3 fights.

I do want to warn you, a lot of people come down from tier 1-2 thinking they are going to be hot kitten and end up getting their kitten handed to them. I’ve played on every tier and bronze just has a lot more action for solo roamers so the people you run into are going to be a little more experienced at it.

I can confirm, this is very spot on. One of the best things about lower tiers is no one takes themselves quite as seriously as up higher. You won’t find people demanding you stay in a tower all day to guard it and you won’t have anyone ridiculing or telling you you have to run specific builds. Play how you want, we are down here because we want to have fun and we want to have fun in the way we like rather than being bound to the expectations of someone else.
We do typically queue a map during NA prime and we have some very solid guild groups as well as many smaller roaming and havok groups. Action can be found almost any time of day, although from probably around noon to midnight PST is definitely the best time for roaming here with plenty of action nearly anywhere you go.
If you are interested in learning more or have any questions feel free to PM me or send me an in-game mail, either to Zvolteh or my account name ZvolTx.3165

Zvolteh
One of 3 Base Thieves still playing the game

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

You should save your money and wait till the expansion is closer to release. Hopefully by then Tier2 and Tier3 will have stabalized some plus the populations will spread out some as Tier1 and Tier2 simply can’t support a large influx of players coming back to the game to check out the expansion.

If money isn’t an issue, I’d agree with the others and say go Tier3. Tier2 you need a group to roam effectively.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

But if you leave I will be alone to roam T1 with nothing to fight but zergs, stray zerglings, runaway zerglings that suddenly become very brave when 15 of their friend show up and 5 man ambush parties that wait for you to engage someone before rofl stomping you.

I don’t blame you for wanting to move, I’ve been thinking of doing the same.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”