T1 the new T4?

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

There are barely sizeable ‘zergs’ around and its more like small pockets of roamers trying to fight one another and seize objectives.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

good keep the rejects in t1 <3, or just xfer out

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Well, i wonder which unluckly server in T2 is going to move up to T1.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

QuickRain.4735

prob none cause 2 of the servers are “attempting” to tank in t1 so they’ll stop losing points eventually, not to mention it’ll be harder now since a couple guilds went to FC providing SoS a bigger chance of draining from JQ so goodluck, I mean RNG might happen who knows

EDIT: just looked at the current scores maybe SoS isn’t going to do as well as I thought

(edited by QuickRain.4735)

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

The guilds that move to FC probably did it for fights. Nobody wants to deal with T1 right now lmao. They’re probably perfectly happy to let JQ win the ppt war

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

QuickRain.4735

fights or not everyone does some sort ppt

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

T1 the new T4?

lol
https://youtu.be/hHRNSeuvzlM

Edit: btw this is a matchup thread hiding behind tier’s skirt

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

There are barely sizeable ‘zergs’ around and its more like small pockets of roamers trying to fight one another and seize objectives.

BTW this is a misconception. T4 runs 40-50 man zergs most prime time evenings in NA.

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

What? You’ve found roamers in T1? I haven’t seen anyone outside the BG zerg. lol

And tbh, I was in T4 before the new linkings and I was having a great time. There were plenty of people and fights.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

The guilds that move to FC probably did it for fights. Nobody wants to deal with T1 right now lmao. They’re probably perfectly happy to let JQ win the ppt war

nobody is letting win JQ, JQ even as third place had 1.7 positive k/d r vs sos and fa, they were the ones doing the ppt hard, but now they found resistance in those ppt hours which were more like na and eu times, JQ is not going to lose t2 at all btu i doubt it will go t1 seeing the t1 scores and ratings

and actually this links people arent a lot are a small portion but they do play, so i would like them to see them one week in t1 atleast for see how they perform or play

I took an arrow to the knee

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: shiri.4257

shiri.4257

no worries mate! T1 still has the largest pop of hibernating fairweathers that think they’re actually good at the game! You just gotto get that ktrain hat on! or label it as a “Fight Guild” like all the other cool rejects have been doing for the past 4 years!

~Kasumei/Machiato
Desert Spectre [VII]-Crystal Desert
“You’re never out of the fight.”

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

You know, I used to think T3 and T4 were empty, then I started actually playing in every tier and realised that there are more fights in T2 and below. T1 is a barren wasteland of PPT tryhards that never fight, if you want a good experience in the game, I recommend T2 or T3 for a fighting guild, and T4 for people who want to roam mostly.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Why is everyone SO against playing the PPT game, I get wanting to, find fights ect. But I mean, how else do you gain noticeable points each week?

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Why is everyone SO against playing the PPT game, I get wanting to, find fights ect. But I mean, how else do you gain noticeable points each week?

Look, I cap camps, towers daily while I do stuff, I’m not saying never cap things ever, but lets look at T1, where mass boredom has set in due to the PPT culture, for context, when I go roam in T1, it’s completely barren ASIDE from people turtling in a T3 keep/tower even if they have the numbers to engage in a fight, and I am not going to spend 3 hours breaking a defended T3 tower. The large scale fighting was even worse in T1, when you would form up numbers to fight, but a similar size zerg would be turtling again in a T3 keep or tower with siege…. It just makes it BORING AS kitten to play when no-one is interested in killing each other but instead playing siege wars 2 in a keep.
TLDR: The ideal way to PPT is to never fight anything, which makes it ungodly boring for anyone who is interested in fighting other players.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

(edited by Digikid.7230)

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

You know, I used to think T3 and T4 were empty, then I started actually playing in every tier and realised that there are more fights in T2 and below. T1 is a barren wasteland of PPT tryhards that never fight, if you want a good experience in the game, I recommend T2 or T3 for a fighting guild, and T4 for people who want to roam mostly.

First rule of T4 is you do not talk about T4. We all know this rule, just reminding you

Dtox

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: desalmada.6521

desalmada.6521

wvw dead, so sad. more and more people leave this game

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

T4 last week was a lot of fun even with the lopsided time zones. Each side had a single map blob which made attack/defense entertaining with all the shuffling between maps. Roaming was pretty fantastic even if I was being a pain to NSP (they know). Even the PPT which few care about came down to the last few hours.

T4 this week is watching SBI with multiple map blobs roll over pretty much everything. Servers are still trying but towards the end of NA Prime you could tell map chat was a somber relatively joyless conversation unlike last week.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I am not going to spend 3 hours breaking a defended T3 tower.

This, right here, is why it’s so hard to get any agreement on what WvW should look like. There is literally nothing I look forward to more in WvW than a three hour assault on a keep, preferably Bay – unless it’s a three-hour defense.

When I was following GW2 before launch I read about WvW and thought it would be something I wouldn’t even bother to try. I didn’t like GW1’s PvP and I didn’t expect to enjoy it in GW2 either, not in small groups in sPvP or large ones in WvW. My wife, however, quickly got into WvW from the start so naturally I did give it a try and I found to my surprise that it wasn’t really “PvP” at all but more a game of tactics and strategy involving taking and holding structures.

That is very much more interesting to me than fighting other players directly has ever been and for the past four, heading to five, years I’ve had a lot of great times trying to attack or defend large stone buildings. Just last week, twice after work, I logged into WvW intending to do my dailies and leave and ended up involved in protracted keep sieges that used up my entire evening.

People on these forums often claim no-one enjoys fighting under heavy arrow cart fire or trying to break very heavily sieged keeps and towers but I absolutely love it. It’s easy to assume that players who jump on siege at the first opportunity only care about being the ones to use the " easy option" but I like fighting and overcoming siege engines every bit as much as as I like using them myself. I play a staff ele for a reason.

Anyway, it’s not about who’s right or who’s wrong. The problem is that WvW has been trying to be all things to all players for too long now and it isn’t working. I do seriously believe the whole game mode should be rethought and there should be a formal split between the tactical/strategic structure-based, territory holding, points scoring matchplay and the larger-scale, Guild vs Guild direct person-to-person PvP game. It’s not impossible for the two to go hand in hand but as populations harden and scores become less meaningful it’s becoming increasingly difficult for WvW to support both playstyles effectively.

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I am not going to spend 3 hours breaking a defended T3 tower.

This, right here, is why it’s so hard to get any agreement on what WvW should look like. There is literally nothing I look forward to more in WvW than a three hour assault on a keep, preferably Bay – unless it’s a three-hour defense.

When I was following GW2 before launch I read about WvW and thought it would be something I wouldn’t even bother to try. I didn’t like GW1’s PvP and I didn’t expect to enjoy it in GW2 either, not in small groups in sPvP or large ones in WvW. My wife, however, quickly got into WvW from the start so naturally I did give it a try and I found to my surprise that it wasn’t really “PvP” at all but more a game of tactics and strategy involving taking and holding structures.

That is very much more interesting to me than fighting other players directly has ever been and for the past four, heading to five, years I’ve had a lot of great times trying to attack or defend large stone buildings. Just last week, twice after work, I logged into WvW intending to do my dailies and leave and ended up involved in protracted keep sieges that used up my entire evening.

People on these forums often claim no-one enjoys fighting under heavy arrow cart fire or trying to break very heavily sieged keeps and towers but I absolutely love it. It’s easy to assume that players who jump on siege at the first opportunity only care about being the ones to use the " easy option" but I like fighting and overcoming siege engines every bit as much as as I like using them myself. I play a staff ele for a reason.

Anyway, it’s not about who’s right or who’s wrong. The problem is that WvW has been trying to be all things to all players for too long now and it isn’t working. I do seriously believe the whole game mode should be rethought and there should be a formal split between the tactical/strategic structure-based, territory holding, points scoring matchplay and the larger-scale, Guild vs Guild direct person-to-person PvP game. It’s not impossible for the two to go hand in hand but as populations harden and scores become less meaningful it’s becoming increasingly difficult for WvW to support both playstyles effectively.

The thing is, the WvW we knew and loved year one is not the WvW we have today. Not because of skirmish score experiments or OP HoT builds, but because of the severe upgrade creep.

T3 was once an achievement that took a long freaking time and fortifications where nowhere near as strong as they are today on top of that. We couldnt sit and wait out passive upgrades, we had to maintain supplies and heaven forbid there was an attack that drained supps. Speedy dollys didnt exist, keep claims with roflstomp tactivators didnt exist, all we had was our feet and hands.

Loosely and probably somewhat innacurate, you could describe as we used to spend 75% of the time fighting for an objective and 25% sieging it, but today we have to spend 75% of our time sieging it and 25% fighting for it. It gets tiresome.

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

wvw dead, so sad. more and more people leave this game

Let them. Honestly most of this Dedgam garbage is coming from T1, and it is time for some of that to die. T3 and T4 are more fun than T1 atm, and it is the T1 culture that is causing it.

T3 and T4 have a nice mixture of fights and PPT, which T1 forsook long ago.

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Four tiers lost in the last year, another tier currently going to the dump.

Everything is fine guys, leave if you don’t like it!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

The thing is, the WvW we knew and loved year one is not the WvW we have today. Not because of skirmish score experiments or OP HoT builds, but because of the severe upgrade creep.

T3 was once an achievement that took a long freaking time and fortifications where nowhere near as strong as they are today on top of that. We couldnt sit and wait out passive upgrades, we had to maintain supplies and heaven forbid there was an attack that drained supps. Speedy dollys didnt exist, keep claims with roflstomp tactivators didnt exist, all we had was our feet and hands.

Loosely and probably somewhat innacurate, you could describe as we used to spend 75% of the time fighting for an objective and 25% sieging it, but today we have to spend 75% of our time sieging it and 25% fighting for it. It gets tiresome.

Yes, that’s a good point. I still enjoy keep sieges but they were a lot more enjoyable and certainly a great deal more satisfying before all the automation. I remember spending 30-45 minutes just casting Windborne Speed on workers at the gate while someone else did the same at the supply dump so we could get a structure upgraded faster. Lots of stuff like that used to happen and that constituted gameplay for players. Now it’s all been handed on to NPCs.

I do like Siege disablers and Emergency Waypoints have their moments but the rest of the trimmings we could do without. I also miss having Guardians and Mesmers throw up shields over siege. Why take that out and then replace it with Shield Generators that do exactly the same only for a lot longer and for any class?

Lack of consistency and no coherent plan is what WvW seems to have suffered from for most of the last couple of years.

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

This, +1

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

T4 last week was a lot of fun even with the lopsided time zones. Each side had a single map blob which made attack/defense entertaining with all the shuffling between maps. Roaming was pretty fantastic even if I was being a pain to NSP (they know). Even the PPT which few care about came down to the last few hours.

T4 this week is watching SBI with multiple map blobs roll over pretty much everything. Servers are still trying but towards the end of NA Prime you could tell map chat was a somber relatively joyless conversation unlike last week.

Yeah, I’m on SBI now and we really have no business being in T4. I feel like BG against TC in T1 and its not very fun. T4 tried to bring it at first, but then they got discouraged and now they run away (can’t blame them). I like fighting FA, YB and JQ even if we don’t win most of the fights at least its fun.

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

good keep the rejects in t1 <3, or just xfer out

Im on TC, havent logged in now for 3 days, see no reason to. Im not going to transfer, but I will log in here to see if things change, but today Im posting there are more like me that just logged out and will not bother to even see if there are changes, they are gone for good.

Give me one reason why I should pay extra for a game to have fun? Or better still that I will not have to hand more gems over come next relinking? or the relinking after. Mr PvE’er does not have to pay extra for their game mode, Mr sPvP does not have to pay extra for theirs either, now give me one good reason why I should be made to pay for something that could even be worse come next linkings.

Every fix has created more damage, 5 4 3 locking tiers in, opening the giant server so the pvx’ers and guilds that can not fight alone could transfer in enmasse, locking servers that shouldnt have been locked, playing god without even getting into game to see what the real issue were. Feel free to hand over your gems bi-monthly to a company with no foresight, but I will not be paying.

(before anyone asks for my gold, i might need i one day so NO!)

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

I’m a returning player from at least an 18 month break, and I’m curious to know how much of population difference T1 and T4 have or T2 and T3 for that matter? I mean how much different can they really be since the merge? I’m just asking because I’ve been lurking on the forums recently.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

Im at TC and im so done with the game , may return later to check how its going on , but right now its not a good time, we cant even get a map full when we are linked to 2 other servers

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

Old Saying: Uninstall in March, until November.

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Yes, that’s a good point. I still enjoy keep sieges but they were a lot more enjoyable and certainly a great deal more satisfying before all the automation. I remember spending 30-45 minutes just casting Windborne Speed on workers at the gate while someone else did the same at the supply dump so we could get a structure upgraded faster. Lots of stuff like that used to happen and that constituted gameplay for players. Now it’s all been handed on to NPCs.

I do like Siege disablers and Emergency Waypoints have their moments but the rest of the trimmings we could do without. I also miss having Guardians and Mesmers throw up shields over siege. Why take that out and then replace it with Shield Generators that do exactly the same only for a lot longer and for any class?

Lack of consistency and no coherent plan is what WvW seems to have suffered from for most of the last couple of years.

+1. Taking effort to upgrade structures was actually worthwhile. Also gave more value to upgraded structures. The lack of supplies also made holding keeps interesting and more depth. Keeping steady supply flows were actually a huge part in holding a keep while it upgrades.

Seriously, who actually wanted this to become like eotm? I’ve heard people wanting more rewards/less cost for upgrading, not this free, automated eotm mechanic.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

@dear Anet plz notice this ~

winnie@BlackGate

T1 the new T4?

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Yeah, I’m on SBI now and we really have no business being in T4. I feel like BG against TC in T1 and its not very fun. T4 tried to bring it at first, but then they got discouraged and now they run away (can’t blame them). I like fighting FA, YB and JQ even if we don’t win most of the fights at least its fun.

Weird since my guild on DB had good fights last night in SBI BL and wiped your 3 different guild groups of yours and weven were also wiped a couple times. Seemed fairly give and take to me.