T2 Os on a Monday Night

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

So this is T2 NA Obsidian Sanctum on Monday Night. We have several very good skilled fight guilds here. RET, IX, Hymm, BOO, BMO, and FUN. All having to take turns fighting each other. These aren’t even all the T2 fight guilds. There’s even randoms just watching the fights.

These guilds just want to fight, and not fight blobs. They want to fight even numbers. They want to just fight. These groups can’t fight blobs in WvW due to the stab changes. Which the stab changes encourage blobing and zerging to no end. Guilds that are into the fights are dying out and leaving the game. There’s at least 30+ in each of these guilds that only run 15-20 on most nights.

These guilds want GvGs. OS obviously isn’t working due to how many can fight at once.

And before anyone says it, no, Stronghold isn’t something for this community.

Attachments:

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

we are waiting for you all to transfer to DB and SBI

Bad Elementalist

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

tluv.5821

What does that have to do with anet supporting gvgs finally?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

And why did you create a thread about something that Anet has already addressed?
They said no. They don’t have the capacity to support a 4th format in the game at this time.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

tluv.5821

They are wrong. Incorporate it into spvp. Open matches to 15s

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

They already said they can’t do that either (though we don’t know the reason).

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

tluv.5821

They already said they can’t do that either (though we don’t know the reason).

They could tell us why. Give us a reason. And then we’ll stop. The, “OH we just aren’t gonna do it” or “its not feasible” is not a Reason.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

They are wrong. Incorporate it into spvp. Open matches to 15s

So a player with no metrics to measure anything about the players patterns, no system to track its value, absolutely no authority and no power, is claiming the company that does have all of that is “wrong”. This is the precise problem these forums have in my opinion. Uninformed posters, with no evidence towards their perspective, declare it as fact anyway.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

FrownyClown.8402

gvg’s aside. less blobby and more 25 man guilds doing open field.

Bad Elementalist

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Quint.3765

Quint.3765

gvg’s aside. less blobby and more 25 man guilds doing open field.

25 peeps is kinda big, 15s are 20s are the best imo

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Try 10s first, before knocking it, it’s different comp but no less fun. 20s is ridiculously large and you may as well zerg at that point. This is just a # of player death match anyway.

I don’t know why 15s isn’t possible, that hasn’t been clarified.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Custom arena and/or stronghold are calling…

Or, just keep playing how you are, Anet is not going to devote development time to a tiny group of casuals.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

tluv.5821

Or, just keep playing how you are, Anet is not going to devote development time to a tiny group of casuals.

Tiny group, photo proves otherwise. Casuals? Gvg players are more dedicated to this game then any other group. They farm all aspects of the game to keep the upkeep on food and the constant changing of builds for ascended armor and weapons. Not casuals.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 it 8/8 oh w8 I h8 Custom arena or even sPvP can;t give us same fun. 1. of all u have totally diffrent builds there and u are forced to play specific 1 while at WvW u can take this form soldier, this form zerker, this form cavalier and this from knight – in sPvP eq u can’t. 2. maps don’t have ANY open field except forest of nifhelm and tehre u don’t have much place too. 3. u can get 10 v 10 only not 15 v 15 so…

As for a part about “casuals” try gvg guild then I bet u die before the fight even begin

“Tiny”? GvG in this game have atm. 100+ guilds. Every 1 with at last 20 ppl in guild, most with 30. This set at last 3k ppl asking for gvg. If we include all those ppters who want us to stop fighting at borders and ppl who run without gvg guilds cos they don’t have support form anet it will be set to 6-7k of ppl. So it isn’t tiny group

It might be only mine theory but what if anet isn’t willing to make gvg arena cos all those players will go away from WvW and who will be left? Atm. in gold guilds hold 3 borders while pugs are running EB. Yes we have queue but with guilds leaving borders it will be set to 40 ppl at borders. Also almost all commanders are from GvG guilds.

To sum up. GvG community is huge and it is very big part of WvW community and all ppl playing this unoficial gamemode have rights to complain, cos if I rememeber correctly staff said during alpha tests that we will GET this gamemode even bigger and better than in gw1. Promises promises promises Also ading this gamemode will push WvW into the way anet planned – ppt ppt ppt. But till this happen guilds will still fight at open fields and ppters will hate

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

They do seem to burn out faster though. It could be that all the hoops and whistles they need to go through is a huge factor, but I wonder if it isn’t more like progressive raiding in other mmos? That is, what starts out very fun turns old as it becomes more like a job with a schedule…

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

“Tiny”? GvG in this game have atm. 100+ guilds. Every 1 with at last 20 ppl in guild, most with 30. This set at last 3k ppl asking for gvg. If we include all those ppters who want us to stop fighting at borders and ppl who run without gvg guilds cos they don’t have support form anet it will be set to 6-7k of ppl. So it isn’t tiny group

Do we have a roster of registered GvGer’s? or a list of organized matches with the teams/guilds that participated?

I know there have been some organized events. Where were the teams and their rosters maintained for those events?

I am curious, because you are throwing a great deal of numbers around. My experience suggest it is around half of what you suggest, at best. I wouldn’t mind seeing some evidence of it of the numbers your claiming.

No doubt there is a GvG community in WvW, but simply because a guild is working together as a unit in WvW, does not mean they are interested in a participation limit, official GvG match, it simply means they enjoy playing together in WvW.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Flyphish.6398

Blob fighting is casual. Only when group size is reduced to 5, does this game become competitive. Even then it’s a bit spammy. Just because you spend a lot of time at a casual activity, does not change the nature of the “game mode”. So yes, casuals.

And, your community is tiny, tiny, tiny compared to the other sanctioned modes. Reality is a tough pill to swallow sometimes, but I do encourage some perspective.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

tluv.5821

Blob fighting is casual. Only when group size is reduced to 5, does this game become competitive. Even then it’s a bit spammy. Just because you spend a lot of time at a casual activity, does not change the nature of the “game mode”. So yes, casuals.

And, your community is tiny, tiny, tiny compared to the other sanctioned modes. Reality is a tough pill to swallow sometimes, but I do encourage some perspective.

According to you, only 5 man teams can be considered competitive? That sir is an opinion . 15 isn’t blobbing. And dedicated hardcove players are considered those that dedicate time to the game. Casuals do not. Please get your terminology correct before you use it.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

10% of all of WvW cares for GvG’s when WvW is already a small % of the population playing the game, sounds like a waste of resources.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Do we have a roster of registered GvGer’s? or a list of organized matches with the teams/guilds that participated?

Here : http://www.gw2wvw.net/gvg

I know there have been some organized events. Where were the teams and their rosters maintained for those events?

I am curious, because you are throwing a great deal of numbers around. My experience suggest it is around half of what you suggest, at best. I wouldn’t mind seeing some evidence of it of the numbers your claiming.

By just following forums / yt / reddit and servers( for example deso have around 10 gvg guilds up) u can count lot of guilds and every have 20-30 ppl in( as I see they play 20 v 20 so at last 25 ppl in guild). I also asked lot of ppl and were in few guilds so this is basic of my info. As i wrote just look into borders u will see some with even 40ppl in roster. But if u want to check out all those guilds go to link I gave u higher. And yes some of those guilds don’t exist anymore, but also same amount have been created in their place or even more. Remember that not all guilds are put there – for example i didn’t see t6-9 guilds there.

No doubt there is a GvG community in WvW, but simply because a guild is working together as a unit in WvW, does not mean they are interested in a participation limit, official GvG match, it simply means they enjoy playing together in WvW.

Yes, they are, but i wrote about guilds that seek fights only and those are at the list I gave u.

[One][SiOn][dF]

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Hexin.5603

You know this listing is out of date right? Like way outta date. It’s not even well maintained … look at that yak’s bend GvG guild that loves there 0v0 – troll was even accepted. Your data is not supporting GvG’s. And I’m a supporter of them, preferably in a 10v10 format which anet is slowly incorporating.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

You know this listing is out of date right? Like way outta date. It’s not even well maintained … look at that yak’s bend GvG guild that loves there 0v0 – troll was even accepted. Your data is not supporting GvG’s. And I’m a supporter of them, preferably in a 10v10 format which anet is slowly incorporating.

So out of date, that some of those guilds on the list are gone and some of the other guilds on that list are made of the older GvGs that are gone.

None of them have any roster list on that site that I see.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Blob fighting with 5 ppl? U are joking right? Tell me you are joking please! Or show proof of 5 ppl wiping blob in open field I bet u didn’t run with a guild against blob or u did but gaianst eotm train

Yes it is tiny when we compare it with all pve casuals, but w8…there will always be much more casuals than hc players

[One][SiOn][dF]

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

“And yes some of those guilds don’t exist anymore, but also same amount have been created in their place or even more.”

Ye I know, but look at decent guilds, they are all there and if u are in the world of gvgs u will know who is and who isn’t playing GvGs atm. My point was to show community of GvG and that it is pretty huge.

I was hyped with stronghold when they said “GvG” at PAX and thought about 10 v 10, 15 v 15 and 20 v 20 arenas but then… go ahead to sPvP and fight in spectacular 5 v 5 battles! – but it should be in sPvP secction so i won’t type more about it to not make offtop.

[One][SiOn][dF]

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Whoa … I thought stronghold will be able to go up to 10v10 in custom. I musta misread that or hoped that.

Even if it is only 5v5, I can imagine if it gains popularity that anet may consider a 10v10 version.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

“And yes some of those guilds don’t exist anymore, but also same amount have been created in their place or even more.”

That is absolutely not true. I know first hand that many of those guilds, on the list, have become other guilds on that list. It is possible that half those guilds are disbanded, broken apart all together, or reformed as the other half of those guilds. In other words, it is reasonable to presume that half those guilds on that list, give or take contain the same people as the currently active half. So the amount of GvG participants you are claiming is likely half of the number you claim.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Flyphish.6398

According to you, only 5 man teams can be considered competitive? That sir is an opinion . 15 isn’t blobbing. And dedicated hardcove players are considered those that dedicate time to the game. Casuals do not. Please get your terminology correct before you use it.

It’s not my opinion, it’s the developer’s stance. The combat system and competitive balance are designed around 5 person teams. Thank god Anet does not consider 15 v 15 to be competitive. That would lead to horrible design decisions.

That said, no one is stopping you (as evidenced by your screenshot). You have a place to do your social, casual large scale fighting. If you want more options, limit your teams to merely double the size of the intended amount and use custom arenas.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Blob fighting with 5 ppl? U are joking right? Tell me you are joking please! Or show proof of 5 ppl wiping blob in open field I bet u didn’t run with a guild against blob or u did but gaianst eotm train

Yes it is tiny when we compare it with all pve casuals, but w8…there will always be much more casuals than hc players

Does 6 vs 22 count?

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

tluv.5821

It’s not my opinion, it’s the developer’s stance. The combat system and competitive balance are designed around 5 person teams. Thank god Anet does not consider 15 v 15 to be competitive. That would lead to horrible design decisions.

That said, no one is stopping you (as evidenced by your screenshot). You have a place to do your social, casual large scale fighting. If you want more options, limit your teams to merely double the size of the intended amount and use custom arenas.

You keep using the term “casual”. I do not think you know what term means.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

FrownyClown.8402

Lol @ you thinking spvp takes more skill when it’s just all about positioning yourself. Just recently spvp’ers adopted the WvW warrior build for matches. Your main decision is to go “hmm, which cele class should I use?” then play the strat of capping home/mid then uncapping far. Uh ohhhh, need to kill lord at 350 points my insanely low iq can’t handle that!

Organized 15v15 takes more strategy, and is more entertaining to watch. We can do this, I’ll carry a team in spvp beating you 5-0 while you get one-pushed against a top 5 gvg guild. It’ll be a fun experience, we can do it together

pvp and gvg are 2 totally different beasts. Both are hard in their own right. You both sound pretty dumb right now to be honest.

Bad Elementalist

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

FUN was adding at least four people to Hymn when we scrimmed against them. The trolling is getting worse

There’s no way we would add any to those dudes LOL get your info straight

GM – [Ark]ham

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: Quint.3765

Quint.3765

FUN was adding at least four people to Hymn when we scrimmed against them. The trolling is getting worse

There’s no way we would add any to those dudes LOL get your info straight

yeah, hymm don’t need more players, they are already using “rat wells”

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: KcB.6890

KcB.6890

Ridiculous. There may be some trolls in FUN but no one would directly interfere with a GvG round. Stop looking for excuses.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

You forgot to include the most important bit.

I never once did anything during a round.

Keep looking for excuses.

T2 Os on a Monday Night

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

This part?

getting closer becuase render distance then a couple of BMO guys came and started attacking me even though I didn’t do kitten

Or this part?

either after the rounds started then they ended, I never once did anything during a round. You may have seen me run in but I didn’t do anything

What about this part?

EDIT: Also if you were smart you would’ve noticed that I was wearing nothing so my damage was literally nothing anyways.

I looked at the post. I looked at the screen shots. None of it showed any indication of match interference. You can continue to sit here and cry more showing how much of a bunch of nancy’s the GvG scene is, not like Anet needs more of an excuse to not give a dam about you lot. Stronghold is your future now.