T2 Queues for NA?

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I remember for the past , oh say, since launch the t2 servers would hardcore and I mean severely make fun of t1 for queues. They would say enjoy sitting and waiting etc with blobs etc. Im sure most people know.

Id love to see a screenshot of T2 NA Prime queues if there are any because as most of the people here can tell you, t1 is no longer queued almost anytime besides reset.

Maybe if a few guild groups decide to group on 1 map itll have a short queue, but the only reason they all group to one BL is because the other BL has literally 0 people and they just get outnumbered. So they would split up but because of the lack of people, they queue 1 borderland to ensure they can help each other. However, its never a huge queue.

So has t2 NA queues finally be longer than t1 NA queue? if so or even if its semi close, or even if they have the same numbers during NA, doesnt this make them the ultimate hypocrits

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Karuna.1357

Karuna.1357

Some people from around T2 have built up this fantasy that Tier 2 is where all the ‘good’ guilds are, and it is a GvG paradise, and a magical realm of 0 queues yet constant battles. Whereas T1 is nothing but try-hard guilds that do nothing but push for PPT.

I guess that gives them an easy excuse for why they get steamrolled every time they happen to come up against a T1 server.

There are some good guilds, no doubt, in T2 and it has become an attractive place for a lot of people who like to focus on GvG. Other than that though, there is nothing exceptional about the tier. GvG happens in tier 1 all the time also, and the majority of us are kinda bored with PPT and play for good fights and lots of loot bags.

Blackgate, Tarnished Coast, and Jade Quarry are not in T1 from trying hard to be there. It is because all three servers have successfully built up their coverage and organized their communities to the point where no one else can really handle the around-the-clock pressure.

Guild Leader/Commander, the Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast
http://www.espguild.com

(edited by Karuna.1357)

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Well those claims were made a million years ago. So no.

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

t1 is no longer queued almost anytime besides reset.
….
So has t2 NA queues finally be longer than t1 NA queue? if so or even if its semi close, or even if they have the same numbers during NA, doesnt this make them the ultimate hypocrits

Since you had to wait two years into the game after lots of people have left to ask this question, it makes you sound sore about the fact that T1 queued maps in the past while T2 and below didn’t have that experience.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

I think a lot of people forget that unlike BG and JQ who have been in Tier 1 for quite some time, TC was in Tier 2 for a very long time and is “new” to Tier 1 in comparison to the other 2 servers. So we know what Tier 1 and 2 is like before the tragic mess Anet made with the new matchmaking system.

There is still a lot of GvG that goes down in tier one as well as PPT fights. We almost never have map Q’s on TC unless were talking about reset night (which there around 30 person wait timers on all maps) or if we are responding to one of JQ’s typical blob tactics.

I will say that I miss Tier 2 and would love to push my realm to lose on purpose if only to drop us back down for a week or two. If JQ wasn’t Tier 1 I would gladly stay and fight it out with BG, but JQ has made Tier 1 pretty unbearable.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There need to be WvW players in order for there to be queues. Other than reset night, there aren’t enough players on pretty much any server.

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Karuna.1357

I think a lot of people forget that unlike BG and JQ who have been in Tier 1 for quite some time, TC was in Tier 2 for a very long time and is “new” to Tier 1 in comparison to the other 2 servers. So we know what Tier 1 and 2 is like before the tragic mess Anet made with the new matchmaking system.

There is still a lot of GvG that goes down in tier one as well as PPT fights. We almost never have map Q’s on TC unless were talking about reset night (which there around 30 person wait timers on all maps) or if we are responding to one of JQ’s typical blob tactics.

I will say that I miss Tier 2 and would love to push my realm to lose on purpose if only to drop us back down for a week or two. If JQ wasn’t Tier 1 I would gladly stay and fight it out with BG, but JQ has made Tier 1 pretty unbearable.

Actually, TC was Tier 4 way back when. We just slowly and steadily fought our way up to the top through sheer persistence, rather than by buying lots of guilds or being a popular bandwagon server.

Tarnished Coast

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Actually, TC was Tier 4 way back when. We just slowly and steadily fought our way up to the top through sheer persistence, rather than by buying lots of guilds or being a popular bandwagon server.

uhh… you become T1 by taking most of sor’s guilds. do people still think tiers mean anything other than population and coverage?

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Karuna.1357

We were Tier 1 before that actually. The fact that SoR imploded and some of their guilds decided to come to TC only helped keep us here.

And no, I don’t really think it is anything more than coverage. That being said, we still have some great fights and tons of fun here.

Tarnished Coast

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

BG also climbed to the top from T4, just a bit quicker due to DEYS alliance and later, a few SoS guilds that pushed us into T1, much like how SoR guilds cemented your place in T1. There was also the fact that Tier 1~Tier 3 was pretty balanced back then compared to now so it was a lot easier for us to rise compared to when TC made the jump.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

TC is and was always recruiting. Free transfers helped. So did being known as the unofficial RP server.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Don’t forget Theongreyjoy’s bottomless pit of gold.

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Some people from around T2 have built up this fantasy that Tier 2 is where all the ‘good’ guilds are, and it is a GvG paradise, and a magical realm of 0 queues yet constant battles. Whereas T1 is nothing but try-hard guilds that do nothing but push for PPT.

I guess that gives them an easy excuse for why they get steamrolled every time they happen to come up against a T1 server.

There are some good guilds, no doubt, in T2 and it has become an attractive place for a lot of people who like to focus on GvG. Other than that though, there is nothing exceptional about the tier. GvG happens in tier 1 all the time also, and the majority of us are kinda bored with PPT and play for good fights and lots of loot bags.

Blackgate, Tarnished Coast, and Jade Quarry are not in T1 from trying hard to be there. It is because all three servers have successfully built up their coverage and organized their communities to the point where no one else can really handle the around-the-clock pressure.

Tarnished Coast is not a T1 server.

That is the biggest fallacy I’ve seen on the forums in over a year.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: JLoco.6218

JLoco.6218

I remember for the past , oh say, since launch the t2 servers would hardcore and I mean severely make fun of t1 for queues. They would say enjoy sitting and waiting etc with blobs etc. Im sure most people know.

Id love to see a screenshot of T2 NA Prime queues if there are any because as most of the people here can tell you, t1 is no longer queued almost anytime besides reset.

Maybe if a few guild groups decide to group on 1 map itll have a short queue, but the only reason they all group to one BL is because the other BL has literally 0 people and they just get outnumbered. So they would split up but because of the lack of people, they queue 1 borderland to ensure they can help each other. However, its never a huge queue.

Short answer is no.

T2 has always been intentional. T2 servers are run by guild groups who only play the game to fight other guild groups. They only care enough about PPT to stay in the tier where there are fights, which is and always has been T2.

T1 on the other hand are servers run mostly by pugs who care only for PPT. And since they are in T1, other pugs also join it because they think PPT actually matters and it is ‘the best servers, cus ppt’ which is hilarious in its own right. So in the end of the week, you’ll have massive blobs of pugs running around these T1 maps. And since other puppies join the server they get a lot of coverage as well, something T2 servers do not have to the same extend.

And then you also have T1 guilds, which is really just a group of puppies under the same tag who then start to talk as if they can actually fight lol, as if they wouldn’t get one pushed by any t2 guild.

T2 is not a coincidence, it’s a server mentality. Look at mag for instance, that server will never leave t2. If there is any chance mag will go up to T1, they will literally open all their towers and keeps for you just to sit in open field and watch you karma train it all day.

People in T1 and T2 play the game for very different reasons. T1 is nothing but ppt puppies and T2 are guilds who just want to fight other guilds.

But then of course you have the puppy T1 guilds who actually think they are good at the game, which is the best comedy material to have been produced in guild wars

(edited by JLoco.6218)

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

They only care enough about PPT to stay in the tier where there are fights, which is and always has been T2.

When did you bandwagon to T2? The “T2 GvG heaven” ramblings didn’t start until after TC went to T1. Before that, both SoS and FA played ppt and Mag was aT3 server. Lol, don’t try to act like T2 has always “been exclusively about the fights”.

And then you also have T1 guilds, which is really just a group of puppies under the same tag who then start to talk as if they can actually fight lol, as if they wouldn’t get one pushed by any t2 guild.

Only someone from Mag would post something this delusional. Have faced every server from tier 1 to tier 4, no server overall stands out as special IMO. Of course there are a few good guilds on every server but you would have to be out of your mind if you think every T2 guild is good. Plz stop overhyping.

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Nearly all the GvG guilds in T2 came from T1 as a way of getting away from the map blobbing mentality that is so prevalent here. NS, Agg, Di, TE, APeX, EK etc. I don’t blame them, since they are after a different style of play, but don’t think T1 has ‘less skilled players’ just because we don’t play the same way you do. I only met very few roamers that could be considered ‘good’ from T2, but that’s because there’s less emphasis on that style of play in that tier, most of the good roamers are in T1 because there’s a heavy emphasis on havoc and roaming teams to support the zergs

Beastgate | Faerie Law

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Short answer is no.

T2 has always been intentional. T2 servers are run by guild groups who only play the game to fight other guild groups. They only care enough about PPT to stay in the tier where there are fights, which is and always has been T2.

T1 on the other hand are servers run mostly by pugs who care only for PPT. And since they are in T1, other pugs also join it because they think PPT actually matters and it is ‘the best servers, cus ppt’ which is hilarious in its own right. So in the end of the week, you’ll have massive blobs of pugs running around these T1 maps. And since other puppies join the server they get a lot of coverage as well, something T2 servers do not have to the same extend.

T2 is not a coincidence, it’s a server mentality. Look at mag for instance, that server will never leave t2. If there is any chance mag will go up to T1, they will literally open all their towers and keeps for you just to sit in open field and watch you karma train it all day.

People in T1 and T2 play the game for very different reasons. T1 is nothing but ppt puppies and T2 are guilds who just want to fight other guilds.

But then of course you have the puppy T1 guilds who actually think they are good at the game, which is the best comedy material to have been produced in guild wars

And yet, I wonder how they didn’t one pushed the T1 server’s they fought in S2 to the point that the massive mindless and skilless blobs would just rage quit in face of T2 guild’s mighty, leaving them with a free path to the glorious victory.

Nine weeks, and seens that godlike gvg skills wasn’t enough to make the blob’s rage quit after the 105th consecutive defeat…

[HUE]

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

JLoco.6218

Lol, don’t try to act like T2 has always “been exclusively about the fights”.

Talk about being delusional. Yes, this has always been the case. Al serious GvG guilds have always avoided T1.

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Short answer is no.

And yet, I wonder how they didn’t one pushed the T1 server’s they fought in S2 to the point that the massive mindless and skilless blobs would just rage quit in face of T2 guild’s mighty, leaving them with a free path to the glorious victory.

Nine weeks, and seens that godlike gvg skills wasn’t enough to make the blob’s rage quit after the 105th consecutive defeat…

Let’s be fair, 50vs20 is always going to be very one sided

Beastgate | Faerie Law

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Short answer is no.

That just mean that they might need one extra push. U are not an especial T2 guild for nothing.

[HUE]

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

JLoco.6218

Short answer is no.

Yeah, it is. 20 people from t2 can easily take on 50 from any t1 server. The seasons are hands down when we get the most bags. We farm your pug and guilds groups alike as if it was edge of the mists.

But of course we lose all our stuff when we log off.

Also funny that you mention that we should be able to make your entire zerg rage quit when you literally have the same amount of people waiting in queue to get in!

(edited by JLoco.6218)

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Short answer is no.

Yeah, it is. 20 people from t2 can easily take on 50 from any t1 server. The seasons are hands down when we get the most bags. We farm your pug and guilds groups alike as if it was edge of the mists.

But of course we lose all our stuff when we log off.

… Right… Pretty sure you weren’t in the same matchup I was in then, since mag zergs, while tough, did get wiped pretty regularly, as did SoS zergs. Other than that, I seem to recall empty borderlands and lots of T2 guild tags in EoTM.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Lol, don’t try to act like T2 has always “been exclusively about the fights”.

Talk about being delusional. Yes, this has always been the case. Al serious GvG guilds have always avoided T1.

Yeah, it is. 20 people from t2 can easily take on 50 from any t1 server.

My apologies for taking your posts seriously. I didn’t know you were just trolling

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It wasn’t in our best interests to get 2nd or 1st in any match against T1 during the season. If we lost all the T1 matches and won all the T2 matches, we’d get into a high overall ranking for it, as everybody saw.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Think FA na and sos sea have ques. Other then that, none.

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Yeah, it is. 20 people from t2 can easily take on 50 from any t1 server.

I don’t care who you are, that’s funny! dream on Mr. Crazy dream on!!

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

SoS has no SEA queues

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Karuna.1357

TC and Maguuma have faced each other a number of times before.

Based on what I have seen from those matchups, PYRO is very good and respectable. KH (former CD and TC guild) are good. Pretty much everyone else in Mag just trolled around the map trying their best to be annoying but not really accomplishing anything.

Tarnished Coast is not a T1 server.

That is the biggest fallacy I’ve seen on the forums in over a year.

Is that meant as a compliment or an insult? Given that this whole thing is about how allegedly awesome T2 is, and how much T1 sucks. Either way, we have only been in T1 for . . how many months now? I sorta lost track.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Karuna.1357)

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Reverence.6915

SoS has no SEA queues

I’d be very surprised if you could. The only server able to do that right now is JQ

Beastgate | Faerie Law

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Back on topic (wtf are you guys even arguing about?), I can tell you FA usually has about a 13 person queue on EBG during NA primtime, and occasionally a queue on one of the BLs a couple guilds are pushing. But basically, no queue anywhere ever. I have a totally random play schedule due to being a contractor, so I see all 24 hours of the cycle.

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadows Creed.3902

Shadows Creed.3902

I am just going to ask the obvious. How has this not been closed as a matchup thread lol

Company Of Traveling Heroes [CTH]- maguuma

Leader of ninja ops

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

I am just going to ask the obvious. How has this not been closed as a matchup thread lol

Weekend

T2 Queues for NA?

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

so no actual screenies, but a lot of chest thumping and finger pointing. ok.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE