T2 painfully stacked

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Souries.4691

Souries.4691

I’m a returning player. I took about a year hiatus, and came back just a few weeks ago. Before I left I spent about 80% of my game time in WvW. I’m currently on Sea of Sorrows. Since I’ve returned it’s been Yak’s Bend absolutely steam rolling SoS and FA. There’s really no room for any of the groups I’ve joined up with to maneuver. We can’t hold what we manage to take, and YB has beaten us in almost every fight with numbers we apparently can’t hope to compete with. This has seriously turned WvW, and ultimately the game, into a real buzz kill for me. So, I have a couple questions. First, how did this happen? I remember decent fights. Second, it’s clear I need to transfer if I’m going to stick with GW2 because I’m not having fun. So, are all tiers like this now? Is it worth the money to transfer down, or have many servers condensed into karma trains? Thanks.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: YOLOTHUGLIFE.7061

YOLOTHUGLIFE.7061

what happened was a bunch of T1 guilds transferred to Yak’s Bend

(edited by YOLOTHUGLIFE.7061)

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Recently some gvg oriented guilds from t1 transfered to YB for reasons that baffle many people, these were NA guilds which pushed YB’s already high NA coverage and queues even higher. FA/SoS have had a lot of animosity towards YB for their PPT siegecreep tactics, and siegehumping ways, Ive fought them I have seen them build 5acs open field with a blob, after a while it gets annoying. T2 has long been where GvG guilds had settled. So since the recent transfers to YB. Many in FA/SoS have decided to simply sit out and let YB rise up hoping it wont take that long, initial estimates were a few weeks, current about 40 weeks lol, so yea dont hold your breath the more YB wins the less glicko rating they get from SoS and FA. On top of that I believe Anet locked all the tiers for now. Also some gvg guilds had decided to move to t3 out of protest. And the YB community is from what I hear kind of splitting apart with some guilds leaving and being bought out. Also anet recently changed the way server status is determined, no longer by population but by wvw activity, but they didnt give any details. Good luck, hope this helps clear some stuff up for you.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Rynter.3975

Rynter.3975

For the players that were on YB before these T1 guilds stacked onto our server, it really sucks. We pretty much can’t WvW now because there’s no one to WvW against, and these T1 guys who want to “push to T1 lol” aren’t leaving because of all the locked servers.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

For the players that were on YB before these T1 guilds stacked onto our server, it really sucks. We pretty much can’t WvW now because there’s no one to WvW against, and these T1 guys who want to “push to T1 lol” aren’t leaving because of all the locked servers.

You have our sympathies, and even though many of us were friends with the people who left, we are glad that our server is alive and busy again.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I’m a returning player. I took about a year hiatus, and came back just a few weeks ago. Before I left I spent about 80% of my game time in WvW. I’m currently on Sea of Sorrows. Since I’ve returned it’s been Yak’s Bend absolutely steam rolling SoS and FA. There’s really no room for any of the groups I’ve joined up with to maneuver. We can’t hold what we manage to take, and YB has beaten us in almost every fight with numbers we apparently can’t hope to compete with. This has seriously turned WvW, and ultimately the game, into a real buzz kill for me. So, I have a couple questions. First, how did this happen? I remember decent fights. Second, it’s clear I need to transfer if I’m going to stick with GW2 because I’m not having fun. So, are all tiers like this now? Is it worth the money to transfer down, or have many servers condensed into karma trains? Thanks.

I share your dilemma. I am also on SoS and sitting on enough gems to server hop a couple times, but there is no where to go to.

Can’t go to T3 cause GvGs are ruining WvW there now just like they were doing in T2, cant go to T4 or lower cause not enough people left to get large scale fights on regular basis, cant go to T1 cause locked.

In essence, WvW has been largely reduced to mesmer / thief roaming for me cuz in addition to YB blobs, there are not enough raids left on weekdays. Only 1 that runs is the guild that always does EB with the duche bag commander that makes me wanna quit it entirely and transfer out even more then the other way around. Rest of the guilds are good, some really good, but too small and dont have the numbers to compete with YB.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Recently some gvg oriented guilds from t1 transfered to YB for reasons that baffle many people, these were NA guilds which pushed YB’s already high NA coverage and queues even higher.

They weren’t gvg guilds, anything but, they were guilds from BG and JQ that apparently want to open up T1 US to more servers, whether they are being entirely truthful as to their intentions is another thing.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Recently some gvg oriented guilds from t1 transfered to YB for reasons that baffle many people, these were NA guilds which pushed YB’s already high NA coverage and queues even higher.

They weren’t gvg guilds, anything but, they were guilds from BG and JQ that apparently want to open up T1 US to more servers, whether they are being entirely truthful as to their intentions is another thing.

No they weren’t. They were guilds that wanted to get YB into T1 and TC out of T1. This was known about on all the T1 servers. They basically want YB to come up to T1 so T1 will be more like EotM and they could bag farm YB and K-Train to their heart’s content.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

morrolan.9608

No they weren’t. They were guilds that wanted to get YB into T1 and TC out of T1. This was known about on all the T1 servers. They basically want YB to come up to T1 so T1 will be more like EotM and they could bag farm YB and K-Train to their heart’s content.

Well if you actually listen to Malevolent from ONS he actually wants BG out of T1 not TC and their stated intention is to open up tier 1 to become more of a rotation as I said. Again like I said whether you believe them or not is up to you but it is what they have said.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Well if you actually listen to Malevolent from ONS he actually wants BG out of T1 not TC and their stated intention is to open up kitten become more of a rotation as I said. Again like I said whether you believe them or not is up to you but it is what they have said.

Mal has an axe to grind with BG (and the current leadership because he basically left because they wouldn’t follow any of his ideas). I don’t trust him at all. BG has the highest server population out of all the T1 servers. and there is no way BG would fall.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

SoS is open for transfers and their coverage in a few timezones is holding them in T2 still.. they have nowhere to go but up.

Don’t know about t4 but been in t5 for 2 weeks and its been fun. Dragonbrand only 500 gems and they still have some good coverage. They always seem to grow back you could get on early.

DH has numbers and they were full before the change IIRC.

JQ subsidiary

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

I want out of T2, just not real sure where to go as of yet. It was fun while it lasted, But with FA giving up and or imploding, its just pointless.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I want out of T2, just not real sure where to go as of yet. It was fun while it lasted, But with FA giving up and or imploding, its just pointless.

The entire tier gave up. I don’t think you realize how many guilds and players from all three servers have left for T3 due to that T1 “alliance” moving to YB to attempt to push it up to T1.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Well if you actually listen to Malevolent from ONS he actually wants BG out of T1 not TC and their stated intention is to open up tier 1 to become more of a rotation as I said. Again like I said whether you believe them or not is up to you but it is what they have said.

Except Mal said all this assuming that soon as ONS, TWL and other guilds left T1 that BlackGate would drop like a rock without them. However BlackGate has done nothing but pull together in the wake of letting all these cancerous guilds out of T1 and off BlackGate.

Eventually a T1 server will likely drop down to T2, it’s just a matter of time as always, but it’s going to be like the old days with BG, SOR, JQ where one of the servers goes down to T2…utterly dominates T2 for a week…then goes right back up into kitten

is basically the worst bracket to get caught in again. Best of all, the new locked servers basically means there’s no way out but down so all those guilds are trapped there.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Guilds from T1 dropped to YB to push YB to T1 and give themselves a variety in enemies to fight. Nevermind that if YB is made up T1 players, they are still just fighting the same old people.

T2 was a GvG tier. GvG guilds from T2 left all 3 servers to come to T3 because YB was overwhelming everything with their recipe for fail (win?).

T3, which was a perfectly balanced fight tier, now have a bunch of GvG guilds running around. For the most part they tried to split up to avoid stacking, and a lot of the fights happen in OS to avoid confusion, but during the week a lot of them roam the BL’s and confuse everyone because many of them don’t tag up, dont want to be followed by pugs, and dont help take or defend objectives.

T3 will ultimately be ruined very soon, because YB is sucking the glicko dry out of FA and SOS (doesnt help that all their defenders left their servers), forcing 2 of the 3 otherwise happy T3 servers into T2 for a groundhogs day of farming hell.

Hopefully Anet has something up there sleeve because its already ruined 2 servers and its going to ruin at least 2 more. You want to be safe? T4 is the next best bet, but who knows how long that will last.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Hod may soon be in RNG range of cd as well from the other side…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

Hod may soon be in RNG range of cd as well from the other side…..

HoD has been within range the last two matchups. It would take a very lucky roll on their part and terrible one for CD, but that shakeup could happen. At least that is a more natural one (or appears to be that way) versus the utter nonsense a select few guilds have created in T2 and eventually T1. I still don’t get why two guilds would choose to lock FA and SoS out of T1 then complain it’s too boring and stale so they have to come and match fix in two tiers to “make things more interesting”…

Ele for Hire

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Liston.9708

T2 was bad before (albeit not as bad). It was a 2 server matchup. No one knew anet was going to change how server status was calculated (right after the move started). Who knows what would have happened if everyone knew that change was going to occur…

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

T2 is what it is right now. Most nights are filled with three hours of PvD and reasonably close fights only occur when we get spawn camped. T2 is a one server matchup now.

In fact, the guys look forward to being spawn camped because at least we get a fight without getting arrow carted or cannoned or mortared or trebed, well, usually.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Guilds from T1 dropped to YB to push YB to T1 and give themselves a variety in enemies to fight. Nevermind that if YB is made up T1 players, they are still just fighting the same old people.

T2 was a GvG tier. GvG guilds from T2 left all 3 servers to come to T3 because YB was overwhelming everything with their recipe for fail (win?).

T3, which was a perfectly balanced fight tier, now have a bunch of GvG guilds running around. For the most part they tried to split up to avoid stacking, and a lot of the fights happen in OS to avoid confusion, but during the week a lot of them roam the BL’s and confuse everyone because many of them don’t tag up, dont want to be followed by pugs, and dont help take or defend objectives.

T3 will ultimately be ruined very soon, because YB is sucking the glicko dry out of FA and SOS (doesnt help that all their defenders left their servers), forcing 2 of the 3 otherwise happy T3 servers into T2 for a groundhogs day of farming hell.

Hopefully Anet has something up there sleeve because its already ruined 2 servers and its going to ruin at least 2 more. You want to be safe? T4 is the next best bet, but who knows how long that will last.

Please don’t bring that terminal T1 disease to T4.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

The entire tier gave up. I don’t think you realize how many guilds and players from all three servers have left for T3 due to that T1 “alliance” moving to YB to attempt to push it up to T1.

Yea, well YB will get owned on T1. So I am thinking t3 or t4. Leaning T4

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Not the whole truth, some transferred to Yaks but on the other side plenty seem to have moved off FA and SoS.

What would happen, if the top 3 were not so position locked, would be for Yaks to move up, this is obviously not going to happen any time soon and maybe not at all. The opposite would be for FA or SoS to move down, which isn’t likely to happen soon either. To be brutally honest the lower servers aren’t any more capable of taking on Yaks than SoS or FA at the moment. The last time we were matched further down the table we totally annihilated them.

So it looks like we are stuck playing anet’s version of Groundhog Day for the next 50,000 years…

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Not the whole truth, some transferred to Yaks but on the other side plenty seem to have moved off FA and SoS.

YB lost like 5 GvG guilds too. There’s a spreadsheet of all the guild movement out of T2 publicly available if you know where to look.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: TwistedFate.8705

TwistedFate.8705

If you yb people are so bored because you claim no one fights back maybe you guys need to jump off your seige and leave your towers and come fight. After all its the reason why HUNT hit your nwt every night as we are bored of not getting any resistance. Send your zergs as you sometimes do from ebg to take out 5 to 10 of us. We don’t care about dieing we just want some fights.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Sungtaro.6493

You got to hit a keep. You will get a response then.

Always wondered who papered their stuff before we got there. Now I know.

(edited by Sungtaro.6493)

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

YB and the “GvG” on T3 were why I transferred down to T4/T5. You don’t get map queues, but NA prime has some pretty huge blobs and there’s plenty of opportunity to roam with meaningful impact more than just taking a camp or two and ganking some random pug.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

Meh, YB blobs, but there is so much fun to be found between the YB blobs. Running havoc is a lot of fun. Sure YB will send a 35 man group to drop 3, but you rez and go another direction.

There are also some good fights to be found, lots of learning experiences, and many opportunities to step up and make a name for yourself.

Adapt to the challenge, don’t get discouraged. T2 is what it is, but it nowhere near as bad as it’s being made out to be in thread after thread, post after post.

Suicide Necro

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Meh, YB blobs, but there is so much fun to be found between the YB blobs. Running havoc is a lot of fun. Sure YB will send a 35 man group to drop 3, but you rez and go another direction.

There are also some good fights to be found, lots of learning experiences, and many opportunities to step up and make a name for yourself.

Adapt to the challenge, don’t get discouraged. T2 is what it is, but it nowhere near as bad as it’s being made out to be in thread after thread, post after post.

I agree about adapting to the challenge though it depends upon when you play and what your interests are. Not everyone finds doing havoc “between the blobs” as fun.

Chaba Tangnu

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: CptnDrunk.8361

CptnDrunk.8361

Sadly the only fun I’ve been having is late night poking of the SoS [TF] blob. T3/4 looks so tempting now.

Tone Deaf [TUNE] | Yaks Bend
Doctor Love – Mesmer
Captain Awesome – Warrior

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Spazzoni.1703

I agree about adapting to the challenge though it depends upon when you play and what your interests are. Not everyone finds doing havoc “between the blobs” as fun.

I can’t argue with an old guild mate.

I do agree. My response wasn’t meant as an “End All,” just that there is plenty of fights, loot, bags, and fun (situational and individually perceived) to be found.

Suicide Necro

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Sungtaro.6493

Sadly the only fun I’ve been having is late night poking of the SoS [TF] blob. T3/4 looks so tempting now.

Oh hey. When did you come back? Or have been logging on later than I have been on? Good to see you back in the game.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: dragonWarrior.1045

dragonWarrior.1045

T2 blows monkeys. YB constantly is spawn camping, kitten and dancing on people. YB’s numbers are just dumb and is ruining the game. Anet meanwhile does nothing, why would they? They got their $$$$.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Spazzoni.1703

T2 blows monkeys. YB constantly is spawn camping, kitten and dancing on people. YB’s numbers are just dumb and is ruining the game. Anet meanwhile does nothing, why would they? They got their $$$$.

It’s not Anet’s doing.

I don’t find the game being ruined. More challenging sure, but I’m a bad player. At times I have been on and we had a spawn camp, we ran out and pushed them off. Even might have gotten at least 1 TW down in the process.

Suicide Necro

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Chaba.5410

It’s not Anet’s doing.

I don’t find the game being ruined. More challenging sure, but I’m a bad player. At times I have been on and we had a spawn camp, we ran out and pushed them off. Even might have gotten at least 1 TW down in the process.

Just suicide necro more. XD

Chaba Tangnu

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Spazzoni.1703

It’s not Anet’s doing.

Just suicide necro more. XD

I plan on it!!!

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice yourself so teammates look good. XD

Suicide Necro

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Alteros.3019

Alteros.3019

For all the reasons and drama listed above, I would probably advise against moving. I moved from T8 to T4 effectively leaving a desolate gaming experience for only in a few months to find myself in the same position again. The player population is volatile for a multitude of reasons and there is no guarantee that the server you go to will either be better or remain a stable one. In fact, I would go so far as to say that unless you are willing to shell out ~$20 or 300G every couple of months, the game mode is largely closed off to you (or anyone for that matter who doesn’t enjoy being blobbed to death).

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

T2 was bad before (albeit not as bad). It was a 2 server matchup. No one knew anet was going to change how server status was calculated (right after the move started). Who knows what would have happened if everyone knew that change was going to occur…

Maybe they did it on purpose after they seen the population from T1 move to T2 knowing it would most likely break T2 and force others to move down again and spread out the population even more.
Just think of the gem sales they have made already from all this transferring.

puts down tinfoil hat

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

OCX in T2 is pretty decent – we manage to field a good size team to fight YB and FA.

Had some great fights… but hopefully SoS and FA can attract more players in other time-zones to compete with YB.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Dalamar.3940

Dalamar.3940

A rotation? So what about the other 2 servers in this tier. Pretty clear this idea was not well thought out and now because some of the gw2 player base (Mal and company) stacking one server it has killed WvW for a larger percent of players in t2. Thanks….

A better idea would have been to spread out the population in t2 and have fair fights instead of fighting empty servers.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yeah, BG is definitely stronger after those guilds left.

That said, Yak’s Bend probably has more people right now than any of the T1 servers. On a reset night, the queues are in the single digits these days. Seems like a lot of people left with the golem event and never came back.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

morrolan.9608

A better idea would have been to spread out the population in t2 and have fair fights instead of fighting empty servers.

Yep I agree with that.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Liston.9708

They couldn’t go to fa /SOS – they were full servers at that time. Only after the move was made and anet changed the pop calculation did SOS go very high….. That was the problem with the tier even before the move – SOS was non – existent (outside of weekends) and full at the same time.

Not saying it is better now (it is worse in short term for sure), but it wasn’t rosy before either……

(edited by Liston.9708)

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Bond.4602

Bond.4602

From my experience this wasn’t quiet as told. Yaks bend pushed to win a couple of weeks and just at that time fa got greedy amd imploded losing a few large guilds. Yb gathered a bit of momentum and started steam rolling at which point some t1 guilds bandwagoned in hope of pushing the glicko and opening t1.

This isn’t the t1 guilds fault, the glicko is broken and t1 fixed by guilds within it. How yb would fare when and if they get there idk.

As for hunt, probably worth not just running round ganking roamers 6v1 then people would be more interested in fighting you.

Skirr
37 WvW kills, R2 PvP and no legendary

(edited by Bond.4602)

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

From my experience this wasn’t quiet as told. Yaks bend pushed to win a couple of weeks and just at that time fa got greedy amd imploded losing a few large guilds. Yb gathered a bit of momentum and started steam rolling at which point some t1 guilds bandwagoned in hope of pushing the glicko and opening t1.

This isn’t the t1 guilds fault, the glicko is broken and t1 fixed by guilds within it. How yb would fare when and if they get there idk.

As for hunt, probably worth not just running round ganking roamers 6v1 then people would be more interested in fighting you.

The glicko is never broken. What creates glicko gap in first place, is people stacking to one server and matchfixing to manipulate the score

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The problem with some of the theories of pushing TC down to T2 is it’s simply not going to happen. Given the math, TC (or JQ or BG for that matter) would need to be absolutely creamed to the extent of what YB is doing to T2 at the moment, and it’d have to happen for 9-10 weeks straight for it to even be a possibility to even move down.

This isn’t going to happen anytime soon, not unless TC loses a bunch of guilds. The coverage is semi-even between the 3 servers but TC has a stronger NA force than the other 2 servers combined. The other 2 have far superior oceanic and SEA coverage so it’s basically just cancelling each out.

Were not going to have a situation in T1 where any of the 3 servers are going to go on a mass losing streak for 9-10 weeks straight with a similar point situation as were seeing in T2.

What’s going to end up happening is those T1 guilds that transferred to T2 are going to get bored in a few weeks and just end up transferring back once they realize their efforts are futile.

T2 painfully stacked

in WvW

Chaba.5410

The implosion was the 15+ guilds from all three servers that left the tier completely because of the T1 guilds overstacking YB. YB lost like 5-6 guilds too from that (and is still overstacked). That’s not FA imploding. That’s the entire tier imploding.

Chaba Tangnu