T3 NA completely broken

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is not a matchup thread as it address the general problem of T3 (NA) where the top server is significantly larger than the two weaker servers — no matter who those three servers are.

(Look at, for example, the last four weeks worth of scores from T3, or if you go by ratings points, there’s a gap of around 200 between top of T3 and the other two servers.)

How would you deal with this?

Player-driven solutions (e.g.: double team; tank into T4 and let some other sucker go up to T3) have a possibility of being implemented so they are especially welcome.

But dev-driven solutions are welcome as well because, who knows, maybe some dev-to-be in this thread can use the ideas in a future WvW-like game.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

There really is no way to deal with this, aside from having one of those t2 servers suddenly having a mass exodus and having a comparable balance of numbers and coverage to IoJ and NSP. This is an unfortunate situation but it cant be blamed fully on anet, YB and DB became bandwagon servers, what did people expect to happen. Everyone in T4 knows the situation in t3, Im pretty sure they would not want anything to do with it, and even if they got bumped up they most likely will lose and be bumped back down to t4.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

Player-driven solutions (e.g.: double team; tank into T4 and let some other sucker go up to T3) have a possibility of being implemented so they are especially welcome.

You left out buying guilds and recuiting in the community corner.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

If NSP and IoJ recruited to reach the size of FA/SoS/DB/YB, that’d likely imbalance a lot of other tiers. Perhaps it’s just because I’m on NSP, but I think the real solution is for one of those 4 to decide it’s dropping to T3 and send a couple guilds to each of NSP and IoJ.

But given that has approximately a 0% chance of happening, I won’t hold my breath.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Chairface.9036

If NSP and IoJ recruited to reach the size of FA/SoS/DB/YB, that’d likely imbalance a lot of other tiers.

Do people play on tier 7 or 8 for balance? 8 tiers might be too much to fill with the current WvW population. But people keep posting how healthy it is down there so maybe not.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

If NSP and IoJ recruited to reach the size of FA/SoS/DB/YB, that’d likely imbalance a lot of other tiers. Perhaps it’s just because I’m on NSP, but I think the real solution is for one of those 4 to decide it’s dropping to T3 and send a couple guilds to each of NSP and IoJ.

But given that has approximately a 0% chance of happening, I won’t hold my breath.

We can dream though right? I wouldn’t mind seeing a SEA guild or 2….

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Maybe is time to merge some servers.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Maybe is time to merge some servers.

Yeah, let’s merge servers until NA has 24/7 queues in all tiers and SEA/OCX are still empty on others.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

timmyf.1490

If NSP and IoJ recruited to reach the size of FA/SoS/DB/YB, that’d likely imbalance a lot of other tiers.

Do people play on tier 7 or 8 for balance? 8 tiers might be too much to fill with the current WvW population. But people keep posting how healthy it is down there so maybe not.

I think the main point that a lot of T1/T2 folks miss is this: some people like the smaller scale stuff. Some people don’t want to run in 20 man groups and get into big fights.

I think it’s fine to have tons of people in the high tiers and less in the low tiers. Population isn’t necessarily the same as balance.

What I think everybody wants are close matches, matches that still matter on Wednesday and Thursday. Right now, you’re getting that in a lot of tiers, but T3 is just a joke.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

20 man groups are considered small fights in T1. Many people in T1 leave in search of those 20v20’s and are sick of the massive leg infested 60v60 blubs or not finding opponents to fight against who aren’t running 40+ on pin. Not sure what’s considered “large” and “small” in other tiers.

I believe the main issue stems from the lack of a GvG game mode. Many guilds move to a server so they can fight against specific guilds in that tier. This eventually causes an imbalance and you are left with the current T2/T3 situation.

Jade Quarry since Beta

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

timmyf.1490

20 man groups are considered small fights in T1. Many people in T1 leave in search of those 20v20’s and are sick of the massive leg infested 60v60 blubs or not finding opponents to fight against who aren’t running 40+ on pin. Not sure what’s considered “large” and “small” in other tiers.

I believe the main issue stems from the lack of a GvG game mode. Many guilds move to a server so they can fight against specific guilds in that tier. This eventually causes an imbalance and you are left with the current T2/T3 situation.

I haven’t been in T1 since last year when SoR fell. I’d heard it was more 20 and 30 man groups now, but I guess I heard wrong?

Anyway, there are people who genuinely like the smaller skirmish stuff, and I don’t hold it against them. No reason to not have lots of different styles of WvW.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

X T D.6458

There is lots of room for smaller guilds who can field like 10 and those that run up to 20-25, and many 10-25 group fights in t1, one of the problems is groups are not spread out enough hence why you have blobbing on maps. Neither server spreads enough forces around, or is pressured to. Its basically EB and bounce groups. There is this giant myth about how t1 is always about giant blobs and thats all you see, there are times you wont see anything but havok teams of 2-4 players. And there is blobbing in pretty much every tier, seen it firsthand, so lets not pretend here.

One of the problems you have with guilds that leave t1 because of blobbing, though they never mention it, is those guilds like to drive, and sometimes run alone and tagless. Understandable but in t1 its much more of a team effort, sometimes you have to rely on militia and team up with other guilds. Here on BG, you rarely ever see any one guild going solo or tagless.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

There’s players who like the smaller scale of T7 and T8 and then there’s players who like the larger scale and coverage of T1 and T2. There’s a lot of fall out due to player attrition occurring between the extremes. IoJ and NSP are not even real T3 servers, for example. They rose in rank due to the attrition around them of players quitting or transfering.

Player-driven solutions have been players either quitting or transferring up: both on their own and with help. That’s just been the general direction, speaking to the idea that a larger amount of the remaining WvW players prefer the larger scale experience than the smaller scale experience. You can’t blame these players for moving up tier no more than you can blame the players who like the smaller scale WvW for not moving.

The player attrition is just made more apparent.

One dev-driven solution that absolutely needs to be considered: stop doing tournaments, especially with that artificial Gold/Silver/Bronze league division. All those T2-sized servers are trying to avoid T3 because no one wants to be stuck on a server steamrolling in Silver.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

There’s players who like the smaller scale of T7 and T8 and then there’s players who like the larger scale and coverage of T1 and T2. There’s a lot of fall out due to player attrition occurring between the extremes. IoJ and NSP are not even real T3 servers, for example. They rose in rank due to the attrition around them of players quitting or transfering.

Player-driven solutions have been players either quitting or transferring up: both on their own and with help. That’s just been the general direction, speaking to the idea that a larger amount of the remaining WvW players prefer the larger scale experience than the smaller scale experience. You can’t blame these players for moving up tier no more than you can blame the players who like the smaller scale WvW for not moving.

One dev-driven solution that absolutely needs to be considered: stop doing tournaments, especially with that artificial Gold/Silver/Bronze league division. All those T2-sized servers are trying to avoid T3 because no one wants to be stuck on a server steamrolling in Silver.

Actually they wanna stay on T2 now because we dont have a new wvw league coming soon. Last time I remmember DB trying hard to tank to silver. As soon as they announce another wvw league it will be a competition to see what T2 server can tank more.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

X T D.6458

Dont agree about about IoJ and NSP they might have gotten some new blood over the last few months but whats wrong with that they still had to fight their way up. But totally agree about stopping tournaments. They have been the absolute worst most debstabilizing thing to happen to WvW, not to mention meaningless.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Sigh…

I think IoJ and NSP have pretty much given up. They’re tanking and its not deliberate.

It was even more devastating because of the Sneak Attack, everything felt more hopeless in T3 against big brother Green.

Rather than merge servers, maybe a merge Tiers would be a better option. T1+T2 where T1green and T2blue are allied in one corner, T1red and T2red are in another corner and T1blue and T2green are together in the last corner. And you do this for all the other Tiers. T3+T4, T5+T6, etc.

This allows for weekly alliances where you team up with higher Tiered/“skilled” wvw servers and lower Tiered/“ranked” servers.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Chaba.5410

I meant to add, right now this should remain player-driven solutions. T2 and T3 will eventually get balanced out by the players just doing what they already do: quit or transfer. Dev-driven solutions should not try to interfere with this process, like they did with offering free transfers before Season 2. Instead they should be spending resources on solving the issue of player attrition and game mode staleness.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

X T D.6458

I feel bad for you guys, Ive been in that situation, especially after you work hard to raise your server up and boom this crap happens. Although Ill say Id love to see some old SoR friends over here in BG, could definately use more NA.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I meant to add, right now this should remain player-driven solutions. T2 and T3 will eventually get balanced out by the players just doing what they already do: quit or transfer. Dev-driven solutions should not try to interfere with this process, like they did with offering free transfers before Season 2. Instead they should be spending resources on solving the issue of player attrition and game mode staleness.

That’s what Anet wants you to think, Player-driven solutions are to transfer servers, that equates to more $$ in Anet’s wallet. If you keep this mentality up, Anet won’t do anything to expanding or bettering the WvW experience for fear of losing out on all that $$. And right now T3 needs to be fixed, the experience is just horrible, even if the players in bottom servers of T3 move, it’ll just keep repeating itself with new servers.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Sigh…

I think IoJ and NSP have pretty much given up. They’re tanking and its not deliberate.

It was even more devastating because of the Sneak Attack, everything felt more hopeless in T3 against big brother Green.

Rather than merge servers, maybe a merge Tiers would be a better option. T1+T2 where T1green and T2blue are allied in one corner, T1red and T2red are in another corner and T1blue and T2green are together in the last corner. And you do this for all the other Tiers. T3+T4, T5+T6, etc.

This allows for weekly alliances where you team up with higher Tiered/“skilled” wvw servers and lower Tiered/“ranked” servers.

I don’t know about IoJ but NSP has not given up. Yes we lack the numbers to fight against the kind of coverage a t2 server brings but no one to my knowledge has given up. At least I’m seeing no overt signs of it.

BG

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Chaba.5410

That’s what Anet wants you to think, Player-driven solutions are to transfer servers, that equates to more $$ in Anet’s wallet. If you keep this mentality up, Anet won’t do anything to expanding or bettering the WvW experience for fear of losing out on all that $$. And right now T3 needs to be fixed, the experience is just horrible, even if the players in bottom servers of T3 move, it’ll just keep repeating itself with new servers.

I feel like you didn’t really read my post. If Anet pulls “dev-driven” stuff again like offering free transfers to certain servers like they did in Season 2, the kitten is going to hit the fan. That “fix” did more to destabilize servers than to create balanced matches.

Chaba Tangnu

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I feel like you didn’t really read my post. If Anet pulls “dev-driven” stuff again like offering free transfers to certain servers like they did in Season 2, the kitten is going to hit the fan. That “fix” did more to destabilize servers than to create balanced matches.

The free xfers may have been ok if they were limited – the unlimited aspect is what screwed that up prior to season 2….. That said, I tend to agree – just skip them altogether.
Fa / YB agreeing on something – are we going to burn in h e double hockey sticks?

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Sigh…

I don’t know about IoJ but NSP has not given up. Yes we lack the numbers to fight against the kind of coverage a t2 server brings but no one to my knowledge has given up. At least I’m seeing no overt signs of it.

I can’t speak for IOJ’s major WvW guilds as I typically only roam. My guild does do runs twice a week; we didn’t do too bad holding our BL on reset night but it took a large amount of our population just to hold BL while EB went completely green and has been ever since.

Our guild run last night was less successful as we tried to breach the fully upgraded and impenetrable keeps in the FA borderlands. Having waypoints in keeps is a big bonus and I think FA has had a waypoint in our Bay for most of the week.

As the week has progressed, our tick has gotten worse and worse (we were actually ticking ZERO for some time yesterday), so I’m guessing our major guilds may have lowered their activity in hopes of dropping down a tier. Or it may just be that upgrades and numbers have made it impossible to take much back and keep it.

I would also guess that the return of white swords will make the situation worse, not better, since FA has the coverage and the waypoints to defend almost everywhere.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

It’s been like this for something like 9 weeks. The T3 that everyone remembers – where there are map politics, decent sized zergs on all sides – this is dead. It died with CD a few months ago.

What we have now is now is entirely guild driven. Our PPT comes up when there are guilds rallied on the field- and when they call their rallies, it drops back down. There are no pugs/militia left. They only tolerate getting steamrolled by GvG guilds once or twice before they call it for the week. If all of the guilds work together to push a map – we can queue one map, compared to green, who can queue 4 at once -and deeply too.
http://www.gw2wvw.net/sites/default/files/gw106_2.jpg

It’s like trying to part the ocean, but the ocean tries to sneak 15 people on top of your garrison to build arrow carts to kill the 15-20 defenders trying to fend off a queued map. The population difference is really, really clear.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t know about anyone actively tanking, but I think a lot of people, at some point, just say “let them play by themselves.”

It’s actually funny imagining scouts stuck in towers, just waiting, hoping someone will come along — and no one does.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What i do not get why don’t most of the come T3 worlds (not SoS or FA or even DB they are more on the lines of T2-T2.5) get ppl from T4 and lower worlds to come to T3. Part of wvw is comunitly and if you cant build one then your world will die or simply be crushed by the odd T worlds.

BTW sry to IoJ and NS FA really dose not want to be in T3 though you guys are giving good fights so we are pushing ppt (ppk when we had it) to push back up to T2 where we will get some what stomped lol.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

What i do not get why don’t most of the come T3 worlds (not SoS or FA or even DB they are more on the lines of T2-T2.5) get ppl from T4 and lower worlds to come to T3.

So suck the lower tiers dry is what you suggest?

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Jski.6180

What i do not get why don’t most of the come T3 worlds (not SoS or FA or even DB they are more on the lines of T2-T2.5) get ppl from T4 and lower worlds to come to T3.

So suck the lower tiers dry is what you suggest?

Yes or try to get ppl off of over populated during aimed times even the lower tier worlds have Q times during NA.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

X T D.6458

not like its never been done before, but if they want any chance of stabilizing t3, recruiting enough to balance out the numbers on all sides, is the only way. Even if NSP and IoJ drop its going to be some other poor servers turn to be the victim of week long ktrains while t2 continues to be cycled through by 4 servers

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Baratta.1083

Baratta.1083

It is completely broken and not fun to play anymore. It is just driving more people out of the game. I personally play the game for WvW but at this point it is getting close to moving on to another busted game.
It seems like most gaming companies gave up on the customer base.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

X T D.6458

honestly cant see much anet can do here. They screwed up bad with tournaments and free transfer promotions in the past yes, but its players who thoughtlessly bandwagoned here and there causing server instabilities all over the place then jump ship when things got bad leaving the loyal base stuck with a giant mess. The problem with t2/3 right now is player driven theres no way around that, and unfortunately either you have to recruit or just leave because whats the point then if you cant have any fun for what 9 weeks now? With no end in sight.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Hamster.4861

What i do not get why don’t most of the come T3 worlds (not SoS or FA or even DB they are more on the lines of T2-T2.5) get ppl from T4 and lower worlds to come to T3. Part of wvw is comunitly and if you cant build one then your world will die or simply be crushed by the odd T worlds.

We’re broke. Our WvW community doesnt have the gold to buy guilds, and assist with transfers. The players who dominantly do content that does generate gold, are not interested in assisting us with funding Xfers, as WvW is not in their scope of play.

We have very few pugmanders, and even fewer pugs. Why on earth would people from T4 and lower want to come to our server when we’re getting utterly demolished every week for the last 3 months, just for the sake of trying to create “balance”, when they themselves are in balanced matchups.

for me personally, I know that winning in WvW means absolutely nothing. It’s the crux of population and coverage, and it’s insulting to everyone you face to pretend it’s otherwise. There’s also no incentive to push to win.

(edited by Hamster.4861)

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

X T D.6458

Buying guilds is one of the worst things you can do, its short term and will only end up hurting your server. Show people what your server has to offer, community, website, ts, guilds, etc what kind of athmosphere the tier normally is those kind of things.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

It’s been like this for something like 9 weeks. The T3 that everyone remembers – where there are map politics, decent sized zergs on all sides – this is dead. It died with CD a few months ago.

What we have now is now is entirely guild driven. Our PPT comes up when there are guilds rallied on the field- and when they call their rallies, it drops back down. There are no pugs/militia left. They only tolerate getting steamrolled by GvG guilds once or twice before they call it for the week. If all of the guilds work together to push a map – we can queue one map, compared to green, who can queue 4 at once -and deeply too.
http://www.gw2wvw.net/sites/default/files/gw106_2.jpg

It’s like trying to part the ocean, but the ocean tries to sneak 15 people on top of your garrison to build arrow carts to kill the 15-20 defenders trying to fend off a queued map. The population difference is really, really clear.

Good God, that picture explains a lot.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Hamster.4861

All I got is that fighting in the shade is gettin reaaaaaal dull.
http://youtu.be/Ge42qdPO7uw?t=1m23s

although, props to FA, of all the T2 servers i’ve seen in the last few weeks, they’re the only server who actually stood around and watched while my guild and another guild (we just ran across each other in the wild) essentially had an open field GvG. It was unnerving to have 40+ red names standing around in a big circle while we were fighting.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Just a couple months back the problem was with T2. It appears to be moving down the ladder.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Hamster.4861

Just a couple months back the problem was with T2. It appears to be moving down the ladder.

the problem is still with T2. We are just the ones who deal with the consequences. There are 4 T2 servers, and 2 of them are cycling the other two in and out of the matchup, and we get to deal with it.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Karizee.8076

the problem is still with T2. We are just the ones who deal with the consequences. There are 4 T2 servers, and 2 of them are cycling the other two in and out of the matchup, and we get to deal with it.

T2 is actually really great right now, very good, tight matches. A couple months back we saw the lopsided matches that are now in T3, natural selection moved more servers up to take Maguuma’s place, the cycle will continue. The only issue is how long it take Glicko to react to these changes.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Hamster.4861

T2 is actually really great right now, very good, tight matches. A couple months back we saw the lopsided matches that are now in T3, natural selection moved more servers up to take Maguuma’s place, the cycle will continue. The only issue is how long it take Glicko to react to these changes.

you seem to be missing the point – there are 4 servers with the glicko and coverage to be in T2. There are 3 slots for T2. SoS may be crumbling a wee bit. We’ll see if they tumble. Even so, it will be another few weeks, maybe even 6 weeks that we’ll have horridly unbalanced matchups

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

X T D.6458

@ Karizee, gonna throw out a wild guess and say your on YB?

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Karizee.8076

you seem to be missing the point – there are 4 servers with the glicko and coverage to be in T2. There are 3 slots for T2. SoS may be crumbling a wee bit. We’ll see if they tumble. Even so, it will be another few weeks, maybe even 6 weeks that we’ll have horridly unbalanced matchups

I understand completely. A couple months back we had lopsided matches in T2, we now have lopsided matches in T3. The issue is how long it takes Glicko to react.

Some people seem to expect tiers to remain static, that believe things are “broken” if they change. I posted this a couple weeks ago showcasing the changes over the last year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/2014-Server-rank-changes/first#post4666374

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

I understand completely. A couple months back we had lopsided matches in T2, we now have lopsided matches in T3. The issue is how long it takes Glicko to react.

Some people seem to expect tiers to remain static, that believe things are “broken” if they change. I posted this a couple weeks ago showcasing the changes over the last year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/2014-Server-rank-changes/first#post4666374

So in theory, movement will most likely come from T3 guilds moving down and strengthening a lower tier server until it reaches T2 strength? Once this happens to two lower tier servers, a new balanced T3 emerges.

Unfortunately, this means IOJ and NSP will suffer heavily from departures by guilds moving down to avoid the slaughter.

The alternative is for people to move into IOJ and NSP, but that is not going to be an exciting option for most. But hey, if you love being outnumbered and fighting hopeless battles 300 style, come on over!

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Karizee.8076

So in theory, movement will most likely come from T3 guilds moving down and strengthening a lower tier server until it reaches T2 strength? Once this happens to two lower tier servers, a new balanced T3 emerges.

Unfortunately, this means IOJ and NSP will suffer heavily from departures by guilds moving down to avoid the slaughter.

The alternative is for people to move into IOJ and NSP, but that is not going to be an exciting option for most. But hey, if you love being outnumbered and fighting hopeless battles 300 style, come on over!

Pretty much. I was on SoR during the 4.5 straight months of losses before they finally fell out of T1 a year ago, it’s pretty frikken painful. Glicko is too slow to react, the rating gap between tiers is too large.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

BTW sry to IoJ and NS FA really dose not want to be in T3 though you guys are giving good fights so we are pushing ppt (ppk when we had it) to push back up to T2 where we will get some what stomped lol.

No, thanks. Tiers 4 and 5 are actually stable.

If HoD and GoM get a just a few more fresh blood, a match up with SBI/HoD/GoM will be very balanced and a tough one.

Why should us leave our tiers, which are actually good, to try to “fix” something players had broken themselves by stacking in one server when they knew there was no room for 4 tier 2 servers? Ruining other tiers in a vain attempt to “fix” anything will cause more harm than good as history have been pointing in the past 2 years and half.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Chairface.9036

Balance may have happened a lot faster is some people hadn’t started the 2v1 wars.. *cough

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Jski.6180

If HoD and GoM get a just a few more fresh blood, a match up with SBI/HoD/GoM will be very balanced and a tough one.

Why should us leave our tiers, which are actually good, to try to “fix” something players had broken themselves by stacking in one server when they knew there was no room for 4 tier 2 servers? Ruining other tiers in a vain attempt to “fix” anything will cause more harm than good as history have been pointing in the past 2 years and half.

Well this is about talking how T3 is broken i am just suggestion how to fix it not how to keep T4 going well hehe.

T3 is lacking a major presents even in the NA or we just comply out number in NA even. From what i understand even T4 has a good NA presets i am just now sure how T3 is missing it.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Karizee.8076

Ah, the illusion of choice – at the end of this match there will be only 50 rating points between IoJ and HoD with IoJ losing 22 pts and HoD gaining 20. If it keeps at this rate, HoD will be in T3 in 2 weeks.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Maybe in the past this could happen, but at this point even if every WvW guild left the smaller T3 servers, it wouldn’t be enough to strengthen a lower tier server — that’s the result of higher servers pulling everyone in to their tier.

In any case, at the current rate of lack of WvW attention, T1 will lose more and more people due to boredom/burnout; and they’ll pull replacements from T2. If I were T2, I’d be worried this T3 issue will move up and pretty soon we’ll see the same thread except it’ll be “T2 NA completely broken.”

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

This is not a matchup thread as it address the general problem of T3 (NA) where the top server is significantly larger than the two weaker servers — no matter who those three servers are.

(Look at, for example, the last four weeks worth of scores from T3, or if you go by ratings points, there’s a gap of around 200 between top of T3 and the other two servers.)

How would you deal with this?

But dev-driven solutions are welcome as well because, who knows, maybe some dev-to-be in this thread can use the ideas in a future WvW-like game.

The problem is that we now have 4 T2 servers.

Yak’s Bend and Dragonbrand (former T3 servers) moved up to T2 level and Mag plummeted so now T3 is a blowout every week until something changes with populations or WvW as a whole.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Here’s a solution. 20% of SoS please go to NSP, 20% go to IoJ, and the rest stay put. That way T2 and T3 stay in balance. I think I can speak for all of FA when I say we really are not enjoying this week. We’re not getting good fights, and NSP and IoJ are certainly not enjoying being on the receiving end of our frustration.

Osu