T3 NA completely broken

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

The only real way to solve the problem is to turn WvW teams be created like EoTM color schemes; not individual servers but collections of servers, and simply create larger maps and have dynamic queue scaling to accommodate for more players.

Then on the back end, keep track of things like kills and claims by guilds based upon server, and use the data to create new team compositions for the next week to be more balanced. This creates a constantly-shifting experience and prevents bandwagoning to mid or lower-tier servers while emphasizing server loyalty – the bottom of the bottom will be raiding alongside the best there is, keeping things interesting for pretty much everyone involved.

Let’s bring the “successful” “WvW” “experience” of EOTM to WvW and kill the game mode for good!

Lol. I love you. Pls marry me karaoke

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

<3 Arius. Xivor and I were just chatting last night about how we’d love GoM and DH to make it up to T3 for an NSP-GoM-DH matchup. :-)

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

<3 Arius. Xivor and I were just chatting last night about how we’d love GoM and DH to make it up to T3 for an NSP-GoM-DH matchup. :-)

You’re forgetting the massive T2 issue at hand still for that to become close to possible.

Isle Of Janthir

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

timmyf.1490

You’re forgetting the massive T2 issue at hand still for that to become close to possible.

It’ll sort itself out eventually. The question becomes how. I think one server will end up getting selected as The One That Must Die and get double-teamed constantly.

Of course, I don’t know much of the T2 servers and their politics, so maybe that won’t happen.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

I haven’t put a WP in GOM Hills in forever…. such good memories.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

The biggest issue, that has never been resolved, with WvW is coverage and attrition. EB is one of the pain points in WvW from my experience. Players would rather supply coverage in EB rather then their own BL. I see this on IoJ all the time. Then when you are on your BL and asking for help, no one comes…causes attrition issues, and players leave the BL to go do something more worth while.

It’s not fun scouting to get 1v12 and 5mins passes and NO ONE shows up from your side, tower/camp capped….ect.

I personally think EB should be removed from the game and make WvW more about the BL instead, or make PPT not count towards EB camps. Bring people into the BL and your enforce that you have numbers for a solid defense and offense. As it is now, WvW is too spread out. Epically for low coverage servers.

Reblancing the servers would be a good idea, but as long as server open transfers are an option there will always be number issues. I think server transfers need locks, once you transfer your stuck for ATLEAST 6 months. I am tired of mass exoduses to and from servers in the same month. That is one part of the balancing issue here, something that Anet needs to desperately fix.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

The biggest issue, that has never been resolved, with WvW is coverage and attrition. EB is one of the pain points in WvW from my experience. Players would rather supply coverage in EB rather then their own BL. I see this on IoJ all the time. Then when you are on your BL and asking for help, no one comes…causes attrition issues, and players leave the BL to go do something more worth while.

It’s not fun scouting to get 1v12 and 5mins passes and NO ONE shows up from your side, tower/camp capped….ect.

I personally think EB should be removed from the game and make WvW more about the BL instead, or make PPT not count towards EB camps. Bring people into the BL and your enforce that you have numbers for a solid defense and offense. As it is now, WvW is too spread out. Epically for low coverage servers.

Reblancing the servers would be a good idea, but as long as server open transfers are an option there will always be number issues. I think server transfers need locks, once you transfer your stuck for ATLEAST 6 months. I am tired of mass exoduses to and from servers in the same month. That is one part of the balancing issue here, something that Anet needs to desperately fix.

6 months between transfers is a little too long. Something like 2 weeks of EoTM prison after you transfer like in season 3 might help. Would keep people from bandwagoning for a quick steamroll or two.

The server caps they used at least kept a little balance. I’m not saying bring them back but I think regulating transfers more would deffinetly help.

Scaling the cost of gems per server was a good idea, fine tuning that could balance more.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

6 months between transfers is a little too long. Something like 2 weeks of EoTM prison after you transfer like in season 3 might help. Would keep people from bandwagoning for a quick steamroll or two.

The server caps they used at least kept a little balance. I’m not saying bring them back but I think regulating transfers more would deffinetly help.

Scaling the cost of gems per server was a good idea, fine tuning that could balance more.

Sure all these accounting changes have helped with T1 and T2 servers from what I am seeing, but it didnt fix anything. Just made more money for Anet around when the seasons start.

IMHO WvW is failing. And every few weeks it feels worse then the week before. I know Anet wants the community to manage this somehow, but that model isn’t working.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Nice idea Osu, although you, yourself help create the situation you’re in now. You transferred to FA from a lower tier, giving them yet more numbers, so whenever you are out there you server outnumbers T3 servers, go figure. If you don’t like it, maybe put time into thinking these things over before jumping ships to join blob servers. You could also arrange GvG’s with equal numbers, but then again, that wouldn’t happen as you guys don’t like getting wiped in equal numbers.

Nice, Zababa. Very mature. I try to apologize and explain but you just throw it back in my face and block me. I forget, were you in KOGS when we “jumped ship” from SoR several months ago? If so, everything you just said makes you a hypocrite. If not, forgive me. I don’t really remember you.

Osu

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

timmyf.1490

Nice idea Osu, although you, yourself help create the situation you’re in now. You transferred to FA from a lower tier, giving them yet more numbers, so whenever you are out there you server outnumbers T3 servers, go figure. If you don’t like it, maybe put time into thinking these things over before jumping ships to join blob servers. You could also arrange GvG’s with equal numbers, but then again, that wouldn’t happen as you guys don’t like getting wiped in equal numbers.

Nice, Zababa. Very mature. I try to apologize and explain but you just throw it back in my face and block me. I forget, were you in KOGS when we “jumped ship” from SoR several months ago? If so, everything you just said makes you a hypocrite. If not, forgive me. I don’t really remember you.

It would be particularly terrible to say something like that after heavily recruiting players in a lower-tier server before transferring your guild away with dozens of recent recruits, but that’s none of my business.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

This is a great thread, and a fantastic discussion with suggestions that merit further analysis. It’s sad, though, that the WvW forum hasn’t had any Anet presence in a while. How many people feel like the b’kitten child of GW2? Hands up.

I’m on NSP, and except for occasionally dipping my toe back into it, I have largely avoided WvW since two things happened: the repetition (IoJ vs either SoS or FA) – I mean, we’ve faced IoJ, what, 6 weeks in a row now? I don’t know exactly, too lazy to check) and the removal of white swords (I know, they’re back. But by then, I had gotten used to life without WvW).

This, I think, is the new reality of WvW. Sad, really. It was fun at one point.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

T3 hasn’t really been balanced since last year, around this time. At that time, SoS gained some guilds and moved up, SBI and YB (even EBay) had an exodus, and then SoR had a mass exodus. DB was then king of t3, while SBI was the punching bag, with BP and IoJ coming in some and getting beat up (and of course, SoR getting killed in that tier for a short time, inflating DB to Gold League, causing FA to have an exodus). It could’ve been balanced, except the tourney started and HoD shot up to the kingmaker position because of free transfers. Once the season was over, FA recruited a crap ton of guilds, making them the overpowered server, while HoD had their exodus. Eventually, YB got some guilds, SBI got a few guilds for a hot second, and CD got some guilds. T3 was competitive for a few months, then another exodus by SBI, season 3, more exodus, and here we are again, right back where we started.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

This is a great thread, and a fantastic discussion with suggestions that merit further analysis. It’s sad, though, that the WvW forum hasn’t had any Anet presence in a while. How many people feel like the b’kitten child of GW2? Hands up.

I would go along with you on the feeling you mention. You lost me though, when you go off making incorrect assumptions, implying that the forums is ignored simply because they do not post. I wouldn’t post here either if I was a dev. When you speak on what matter or idea, the community attacks you if they dislike the idea, and if you go the other way with it, the other half attacks you. I mean heck, they have said nothing to you, and your making assumptions, essentially putting words in their mouth, simply for them not saying anything at all.

I am holding out till I see what comes out of Saturday, before I make any assumptions, one way or the other.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Lefar Thethales.8951

Lefar Thethales.8951

https://www.youtube.com/user/mezio00/videos

Meh to unbalance… I’m from NSP and we’re not that bad.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The situation is getting close to a resolution, the point spread between T2 and T3 is getting so massive that point gains are almost impossible. However all three T2 servers enjoy significant off hours advantages. Only DB would potentially see a large exodus of guilds, but even then I’m not sure.

The real resolution will be he new maps, the new scoring system, and potentially a new tourney. With defense and hold time being weighted more all but guarantees YB will be going to T1 and there will be massive shuffling in that case. Also DB does not have a defensive culture so they are wobbly as well.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

https://www.youtube.com/user/mezio00/videos

Meh to unbalance… I’m from NSP and we’re not that bad.

I’m on NSP too, are right now we are ticking 75. IoJ is at 255, DB 365. I would assume IoJ’s numbers are up there because DBers are still having their nappies. Once they wake up, they will swarm all over us and them. Classy-like too…we had a bunch spamming taunt emotes – when we were ticking +30 or something. Classy, classy bunch.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Longinus.9738

Longinus.9738

Remember to thank YB for wrecking the tiers on up….
https://vid.me/2v7Z

Don’t worry guys, I have an alt now on IoJ… looking forward to focusing the tower huggers when they hit tier 3.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

The situation is getting close to a resolution, the point spread between T2 and T3 is getting so massive that point gains are almost impossible. However all three T2 servers enjoy significant off hours advantages. Only DB would potentially see a large exodus of guilds, but even then I’m not sure.

The real resolution will be he new maps, the new scoring system, and potentially a new tourney. With defense and hold time being weighted more all but guarantees YB will be going to T1 and there will be massive shuffling in that case. Also DB does not have a defensive culture so they are wobbly as well.

DB could have a large exodus of guilds after SoS lost FUN, Syn, II, EK, Rx, and Rs? Explain how.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

DB could have a large exodus of guilds after SoS lost FUN, Syn, II, EK, Rx, and Rs? Explain how.

I am an SoS and admittedly we have the short end of the stick at the moment.
But I am also a member of Rx and I can tell you we are still on SoS. So please be more accurate with your information.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Exciton.8942

Also, in terms of servers rising and falling. It all ends up into a cycle.
What does not change is that there are always plenty of fairweathers who zerg on to the bandwagon.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

But I am also a member of Rx and I can tell you we are still on SoS. So please be more accurate with your information.

I’ve seen many Rx tags on FA recently, I wouldn’t blame them for jumping a sinking ship.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Also, in terms of servers rising and falling. It all ends up into a cycle.
What does not change is that there are always plenty of fairweathers who zerg on to the bandwagon.

I have yet to see any people migrating to Sorrow’s Furnace. Only people fleeing.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

DB’s core guilds (the ones from launch) have gotten very good at defense (we had to when we had virtually no NA presence). Probably a but rusty right now, but to say the server doesn’t know how to defend is not accurate.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Remember to thank YB for wrecking the tiers on up….
https://vid.me/2v7Z

Don’t worry guys, I have an alt now on IoJ… looking forward to focusing the tower huggers when they hit tier 3.

Don’t know how YB wrecked it. Maguuma collapsed and season 3 happened moving YB up. Without both of those things, not sure the huge amount of people would have joined YB…. Now fa clearly has the most, not YB.

One person hacking doesn’t represnt a server either. If that was the case, then all servers are hackers….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Exciton.8942

I’ve seen many Rx tags on FA recently, I wouldn’t blame them for jumping a sinking ship.

Again I am on the guild and raid with them very often. I do know maybe 2-3 of the guild members in FA. But I don’t call that ‘many’. Or maybe there is another Rx in FA. who knows?

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

lolol this guy. Syn and FUN already said they were going to leave if they got stuck in T3 weeks and weeks ago. EK are reforming every other week. Rs put themselves in an identical situation they were when they left. How does any of that have any impact on DB being historically bandwagon and having the by far the highest probably to implode again? IT has absolutely no bearing whether or not DB having their 3rd(?) large exodus. Dont’ you have a alt acc on BG? I guess you can always play that when it inevitably does happen.

Even more lols at your Rx forecast. top kek.

(edited by aquabat.2986)

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

The question is which of the 4 T2 servers has the least coverage? The answer is the one that will eventually fall and stay in T3 when the next tournament rolls around.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

The question is which of the 4 T2 servers has the least coverage? The answer is the one that will eventually fall and stay in T3 when the next tournament rolls around.

Which then leads to them winning every single match in Silver, because honestly, what server from any tier is going to beat them? The difference between the 4 T2 servers and any server in Silver is vast. This has been proven week-in and week-out. Unless a massive implosion happens, Maguuma-style, Silver is not going to be a league anyone will enjoy during the next tourney. And, let’s face it, there will be a race to tank to T3 from all T2 servers just to ensure they don’t have to face anyone from T1. Mag tried to do this last tourney but wasn’t able to before they locked the leagues. Now that people know how it works, the race to tank as soon as the tourney is announced is likely going to be vicious.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

There is really no ’fix" for the lower tiers, and tbh, all the lower tier servers should be merged due to low population. If you want to actually have fun playing wvw transfer to T1.

JQ has an awesome community, people are genuinely nice, they don’t even usually spike so that everyone gets a chance, and commanders stop and rez people themselves. Less trolls and flaming here than any server I have been on thus far and are still highly competitive. People here come to play, are not afraid to take risks and have a fun while doing so. I thought it would just be all blobs before I came here, but it isn’t like that at all, even for roaming it is fun. I could still solo a T3 QL from BG the 2nd day I after I arrived, so T1 is still good for zerging and roaming, except here you have an actual team to play with that you don’t have in the lower tiers, and you don’t have whiny commanders yelling at people because they are not timing their skill calls instead of understanding what they have and how to utilize it properly.

They actually are creative with their commanding here, utilize all classes, and don’t complain about things that really do not matter.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

And, let’s face it, there will be a race to tank to T3 from all T2 servers just to ensure they don’t have to face anyone from T1. Mag tried to do this last tourney but wasn’t able to before they locked the leagues. Now that people know how it works, the race to tank as soon as the tourney is announced is likely going to be vicious.

This is the most uninformed thing I have ever heard. I don’t know what your talking about, but as of now, the T2 servers, as far as I hear from being on one, feel they can handle T1 just fine. Having transferred from a T1 server (JQ) to a T2 server in recent months, based on what I have seen, I am inclined to agree.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

And, let’s face it, there will be a race to tank to T3 from all T2 servers just to ensure they don’t have to face anyone from T1. Mag tried to do this last tourney but wasn’t able to before they locked the leagues. Now that people know how it works, the race to tank as soon as the tourney is announced is likely going to be vicious.

This is the most uninformed thing I have ever heard. I don’t know what your talking about, but as of now, the T2 servers, as far as I hear from being on one, feel they can handle T1 just fine. Having transferred from a T1 server (JQ) to a T2 server in recent months, based on what I have seen, I am inclined to agree.

They are talking servers intentionally tanking prior to tourney( as they stated themselves on their own forums prior to the fall tourney) not mentioning any names out of consideration, but YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Yes, this is a " thing" and it happens. I have been on a few servers so far and that is far from " out of the norm" prior to tourney because they want good positioning to do well. I think there may be one T2 server that could maintain in T1, but even then it would be rough on them due to T1 having a higher population cap, so you do not notice the higher numbers running as much there.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Since we’re Megaserver now how about they add the option for an Exile alignment. Renounce your server and join an Exile guild that is a wildcard in any WvW map

This would prevent the wannabe’s from flocking to the winning servers because most of the players who are hard core WvW could decide who they align themselves with.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

There is really no ’fix" for the lower tiers, and tbh, all the lower tier servers should be merged due to low population. If you want to actually have fun playing wvw transfer to T1.

JQ has an awesome community, people are genuinely nice, they don’t even usually spike so that everyone gets a chance, and commanders stop and rez people themselves. Less trolls and flaming here than any server I have been on thus far and are still highly competitive. People here come to play, are not afraid to take risks and have a fun while doing so. I thought it would just be all blobs before I came here, but it isn’t like that at all, even for roaming it is fun. I could still solo a T3 QL from BG the 2nd day I after I arrived, so T1 is still good for zerging and roaming, except here you have an actual team to play with that you don’t have in the lower tiers, and you don’t have whiny commanders yelling at people because they are not timing their skill calls instead of understanding what they have and how to utilize it properly.

They actually are creative with their commanding here, utilize all classes, and don’t complain about things that really do not matter.

Most of us on SBI are enjoying WvW in the lower tiers (or middle tiers, if you prefer). I doubt anyone is enjoying it in the t3 side (with the exception of k-trainers on the t2 reject of the week).

I do agree that some of the lower tiers servers should be shuttered, and only them offered free transfers to the server of their choice. Would they stack t1/t2 more? I don’t know, maybe, but I know I wouldn’t, because I do not like the queues on reset night.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Since we’re Megaserver now how about they add the option for an Exile alignment. Renounce your server and join an Exile guild that is a wildcard in any WvW map

This would prevent the wannabe’s from flocking to the winning servers because most of the players who are hard core WvW could decide who they align themselves with.

Um no. They already have a problem with people with multiple accounts spying on wvw servers, that would just make that worse. They already have mega server wvw .. it is called EoTM and you see what has happened there due to it.

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Most of us on SBI are enjoying WvW in the lower tiers (or middle tiers, if you prefer). I doubt anyone is enjoying it in the t3 side (with the exception of k-trainers on the t2 reject of the week).

I do agree that some of the lower tiers servers should be shuttered, and only them offered free transfers to the server of their choice. Would they stack t1/t2 more? I don’t know, maybe, but I know I wouldn’t, because I do not like the queues on reset night.

The difference between ques on T1 and lower tiers though is T1 allows more players on the map, so the ques go REALLY fast. Reset night, JQ, was 33 in que , took me all of less than 2 min to get in EBG. I am rarely in que though.

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

@lil Devils – huh ? T1 allows more people on the maps? Please explain. Map capacity should be the same on all tiers. You must mean something else…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

@lil Devils – huh ? T1 allows more people on the maps? Please explain. Map capacity should be the same on all tiers. You must mean something else…..

No it is not the same on all tiers. They cannot have it the same on all tiers or it would be insanely unbalanced to the point some teams should not even bother to show up. LOL

Although, that is already happening even with them trying to help it. What they really should do is merge everyone into T1 and T2 and further raise the population cap for those servers instead.

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Map capacity is exactly the same for all tiers. The fact lower tiers aren’t reaching it very often does not mean the larger servers have larger capacity.

I’m a Geeleiver

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Map capacity is exactly the same for all tiers. The fact lower tiers aren’t reaching it very often does not mean the larger servers have larger capacity.

There is no way it is the same, I have played on multiple servers and we have done headcounts for the map while qued..
The lower tiers have worse ques than T1…

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There is no way it is the same, I have played on multiple servers and we have done headcounts for the map while qued..

Unlikely at best. “Headcounts” on maps that size can only consist of the people willing to respond in chat. In higher tiers, those people are more likely to be concentrating on fights and objectives than taking attendance.

As for ques, I doubt you see ques at all except on reset night in the lower tiers. Everyone has horrid ques then.

I’m a Geeleiver

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

timmyf.1490

This is one of the crazier theories I’ve heard. It would be a pretty simple confirmation from ArenaNet if once of them wants to poke their head in…?

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

This is one of the crazier theories I’ve heard. It would be a pretty simple confirmation from ArenaNet if once of them wants to poke their head in…?

We asked them before, they wouldn’t answer the population cap issue for us..

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

Unlikely at best. “Headcounts” on maps that size can only consist of the people willing to respond in chat. In higher tiers, those people are more likely to be concentrating on fights and objectives than taking attendance.

As for ques, I doubt you see ques at all except on reset night in the lower tiers. Everyone has horrid ques then.

This was the first thing I was told when I came to Tier 1, I asked why I was 33 in que and it took under 2 min to get in and they told me it was because they allow more people on the map in Tier 1. You do not need to do a headcount on Tier 1 to see the sheer number of people.

My first server was DR, and we had ques that took hours to get in and FAR less people on map. We didn’t even have that many playing all maps on wvw than they have on one map on JQ.. LOL

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

I did find this though:
“There are a couple of reasons why I have tried to avoid publically revealing our map population limit.
The thing I have really wanted to avoid is creating a situation where the discussion around WvW becomes focused on what the limit is set at. Population limits are an unfortunate fact of life with the current wvw design, so I really would like to keep people focused more on the gameplay elements that happen with the limits that are in place, instead of being focused on what the number is and arguing how it should be changed or removed.
I mentioned the number 500 as a possible population limit when we first started revealing WvW and honestly have regretted that ever since. I really shouldn’t have mentioned any numbers at all, because I only had some early tests to base that figure on. Soon after, we started full scale testing and it rapidly became clear that just because we could put that many people onto a map didn’t mean we should do it.” ~ Mike Ferguson
More of his interview on the subject here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/196tgh/jeuxonlineinfo_made_an_interview_with_mike/

So that is why they wouldn’t answer us when we asked last time! XD

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

timmyf.1490

We don’t need to know the number to know whether it’s different for T1 vs T2 vs T3 etc.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

We don’t need to know the number to know whether it’s different for T1 vs T2 vs T3 etc.

We asked them that too…they were tight lipped on it, couldn’t find anything anywhere on it probably have a gag order on it from the top from the sounds of the interview.

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This was the first thing I was told when I came to Tier 1, I asked why I was 33 in que and it took under 2 min to get in and they told me it was because they allow more people on the map in Tier 1.

Perhaps a 30 man guild group decided to map hop. In the lower tiers this generally won’t happen because pugs are the main fighting forces there and they don’t move from map to map as efficiently.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

This was the first thing I was told when I came to Tier 1, I asked why I was 33 in que and it took under 2 min to get in and they told me it was because they allow more people on the map in Tier 1.

Perhaps a 30 man guild group decided to map hop. In the lower tiers this generally won’t happen because pugs are the main fighting forces there and they don’t move from map to map as efficiently.

No, because we had ques on DR that lasted forever, when we didn’t have as many people on the map as we did on JQ.. Hell on DR we didn’t even have 100 people playing wvw at the time on ALL maps and we had a que…

That was why I have been shocked at how fast the ques go on JQ, for everyone, not just me. We can get our Guild on map NP even with a que due to how fast it moves.

We had more trouble getting guild on map on DR than we ever have on JQ. which is sad.

WvW / PVP ONLY

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

No, because we had ques on DR that lasted forever, when we didn’t have as many people on the map as we did on JQ.. Hell on DR we didn’t even have 100 people playing wvw at the time on ALL maps and we had a que…

That was why I have been shocked at how fast the ques go on JQ, for everyone, not just me. We can get our Guild on map NP even with a que due to how fast it moves.

We had more trouble getting guild on map on DR than we ever have on JQ. which is sad.

DR was an even fatter bandwagon than HoD was during S2. Ya’ll were stacked as high as the T2 servers are now, and EVERYONE wanted to come out and rofl on all the servers who could do literally nothing to stop the tide of map queues. Either way – the queues are shorter on T1 for you because they’re extremely organized, and not doing a push week. Their community has organized themselves to reduce queues, which comes from having a stable community for a long period of time, which you would not have had on DR.

Either way, T3 is still incredibly borked. It’s ooftastic.

T3 NA completely broken

in WvW

lil devils x.6071

DR was an even fatter bandwagon than HoD was during S2. Ya’ll were stacked as high as the T2 servers are now, and EVERYONE wanted to come out and rofl on all the servers who could do literally nothing to stop the tide of map queues. Either way – the queues are shorter on T1 for you because they’re extremely organized, and not doing a push week. Their community has organized themselves to reduce queues, which comes from having a stable community for a long period of time, which you would not have had on DR.

Either way, T3 is still incredibly borked. It’s ooftastic.

Hey! I miss you guys on IOJ <3! IOJ had a great community too, You should come JQ because it is terribly painful to be on IOJ, and the people are nice here too. LOL

T3 is broken, and it doesn’t look like they will solve it any time soon. We would have stayed on IOJ if we actually had a team to play with, but there just was no way to compete with it that unbalanced.

JQ IS very organized, we also had server meetings on DR though and figured out which map and when guilds would be there, but I still see more people than I did on DR or IOJ. DR had ups and downs and still had odd ques, as soon as I arrived on JQ though they told me T1 was allowed more people, and it looks like it when you see them on map.

WvW / PVP ONLY