T7: RoS Vs. Fort Ranik Vs. Arborstone

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

Interesting matchup against two French servers. Best of luck to everyone and have fun.

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Redeemer.2894

Redeemer.2894

Definitely interesting, Good luck!

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

Good Luck all, we really hope for some interesting battles this week
Greetings,
XT

in WvW

Posted by: itsmee.7536

itsmee.7536

FR did a lot after reset!

Dijla – Charr Warrior
[GoA] Guardians of Arcane – Officer
Ruins of Surmia – Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Didji.4973

Didji.4973

And you did a lot at reset…
First few hours were plainly horrible.

Props to XT guild though, several 20v20 fights on our homemap that felt really good. Hope to have more during the week. =)

Good luck and good fights to everybody!

Za Imuts – aZm
Fort Ranik [FR]

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

Guys, keep it friendly please.
I know I’m annoying and hard to kill but when you finally gathered enough people to actually take me down, you don’t have to organize a dance party on my corpse.
Especially when you couldn’t do anything on your own, it’s just plain stupid to spam the /laugh emote after a small zerg takes someone down.

in WvW

Posted by: Za Playing Nurse.6329

Za Playing Nurse.6329

To Fort Ranik
A letter of Apoligies to you guys from BC guild.
This morning when i was about to go to Arah i was inform that a guy from my guild
Banana And Cookies [BC] was hacking his way in to woodheaven (ehich was a green tower at that time).
We from BC do not and cannot accept the cheat and have him kicked, also reported. We are very sorry for what have happen, and will try our best to not letting it repeat again.

in WvW

Posted by: Tripleghost.5490

Tripleghost.5490

Nice matchup, some good fights vs FR. We just lack of numbers during day.

Commander Ghost Loves Farm
[WIC] – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Klugnut.2463

Klugnut.2463

And the fact that Arborstone have been doing very little make this a 2 way fight where 1 side is usually very overrun. But thats how it rolls sometimes and I am not doing the “Its not fair we are outnumbered” moan that usually happens :P
RoS used to be good outnumbered (that was how we had to learn/play early days). Its just a pity that not more of us know/remember how to be a force, or even just a pain with small groups. The sooner we do the better we will be as the zerg mentality that is back in operation only breeds none skillful players/playstyle.

Some random noob

in WvW

Posted by: Veinsmeet.4385

Veinsmeet.4385

Fun defence against FR at EB overlook tonight, hope for more good fights soon

Veinsmeet -Team Aggression[TA]
All is vein

in WvW

Posted by: Leopoldina Balanuta.2871

Leopoldina Balanuta.2871

Heh, yeah, some good fights. I have yet to fight Arborstone outside a very very random encounter, since FR is always keeping me busy.

George Cosbuc [MR] Mint Rubbing
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Even numbers? Seriously? The fact that we’re both labeled as “Medium” doesn’t reflect the actual WWW population. It’s been said over and over again by many people. No, not only the ones from RoS you so seem to dislike. Can’t understand the hate honestly..

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

in WvW

Posted by: Didji.4973

Didji.4973

To Za Playing Nurse: I cant’ speak in the name of Fort Ranik, but I still want to thank you as a player for your honesty and action. It’s people like you who make this game better every day. Thank you!

To Ilesyt : I don’t find this shameful, tbh. Going “hey, let’s go and take their tower just with ballistas! lol” or “meh, we don’t need to go with our armor, just let’s go naked” would be shameful as in disrespectful to you.

To me, using the breakout event even if you are less than us (something we can’t possibly know, btw) means “it’d be safer to to go with the NPC commander, who knows how many they are or what siege weapons they put in defense?” as in “we can’t allow ourselves to relax and attack mindlessly, they’re still defending and they’re good”.

That said, I wasn’t there, so I don’t know what really happened. But if it were me, I would’ve done the same. It’s all a matter of perspective, I guess…

What would have been respectable (or any word meaning “not shameful”) in your opinion?

EDIT : Didn’t notice the tower was already ours, my mistake. Kinda breaks my whole point, to be fair, nothing to say.

Za Imuts – aZm
Fort Ranik [FR]

(edited by Didji.4973)

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

I think it’s the fact that a breakout event can be activated even when the tower is currently in your control.
I thought the breakout event was to capture towers after losing a lot of bases or not having any to begin with, right now it can be used even if you already have the entire map. That’s quite lame in my opinion as well, and should definitely be changed.

Also I’ve had quite a lot of good fights this week so far. I mostly run with 2 people or alone, but I noticed that FR and AS never walk alone or as really small groups, even when capping supply camps (back). I’ve done more 1v5+ fights this match up then I’ve done in the last couple months.

(edited by Ray.2640)

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

@ didji yeah, we were attacking the tower and had a cata up and there were a few in tower and some doing suicide runs on it and after like 5 of them were dead it went all quiet and then they came at us with the commander…

I would understand if you came to take a tower with it but to defend it against a lower number of players is just…(enter the word here because I don’t want it to get the post deleted again lol)

And adding the picture back here:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2co0rcz.jpg

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Baelnorn.5710

Baelnorn.5710

Also, please keep it classy. FR doesn’t need to exploit the buggy terrain in Hills inner to hide their siege golems, does it?

http://imgur.com/a/MqjjI