T7 questions (nsp specific)

in WvW

Posted by: Bigmadness.8697

Bigmadness.8697

helo t7 my guild is planning on transferring 2 a T7 server mostly looking at NSP right now we have few questions like how is roaming small man groups? ;-) ty and hope 2 c u soon ;-D

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

there are decent number of small mans you can whisper me in game when I’m online with anything really or pm me here on forums I check the forums often

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

in WvW

Posted by: Swampexile.9058

Swampexile.9058

Small group activity on NSP (and t7 in general) is actually really good right now. We rarely have enough people to have much presence on all 4 maps, so at anytime a 5 man on a map we have no presence on can make a big difference. On a busy map an organized group can perform a lot of flanking or defensive maneuvers around the bigger zergs and see a lot of results. Really with the population we have on NSP every single person counts and can contribute a lot to the whole effort.

Trencher [WM] – Engineer – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Kharel Arhew.1437

Kharel Arhew.1437

As a NSP resident almost since launch (started on HoD, my guild at the time transferred off when it became zerg-tier due to a gigantic alliance transferring to it) I run solo half the time, and I feel like I’m making a significant difference. I can cut off yaks consistently and solo-cap supply camps with a fair degree of success (unless I get caught alone by 2-3 enemies in the middle of the cap, I can expect to take the camp). Our opponents are too organized for me to solo-cap towers (those were the days, just after launch when no one knew what they were doing, and with a bit of cleverness you could ninja a tower easily…), but a 5-man certainly has an excellent chance to deal some serious damage and even cap towers.

I’ve even had more than my fair share of great 1v1s (I just wish there was an opportunity to have them against classes other than thieves and mesmers; no other classes seem to solo roam consistently… my roaming guardian is becoming far too experienced in “how to kill thieves”).

Our opponents field some great, organized small groups, as do we. It’s really quite a nice place for an organized small group to get in some really good fights.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I mostly roam solo and frequently end up forming small adhoc groups to take and/or defend a few objectives… then we split off again.

If you like a more organic “go where you feel you are needed and can have an impact” style of play (as opposed to big organized zergs).. it’s pretty great.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Haz.9864

Haz.9864

If you’re all Hardcore and want to prove it then t8 might be better for you. But if your more casual and like to roam against varying levels of competition while not being forced into a dedicated class/spec balance group hthen t7 is great

Akue – war, Duck Dogers – eng (Splt) (NSP)

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

T8 is where the roaming small group action is at. Like caesar said, check out the Small man havoc thread.

Some of the roaming groups run group specs but others run “bring what you want” and let player skill determine the winner. Honestly, T8 will be a better fit because there is almost no chance of that any of the servers will move a tier and you’ll be guaranteed roaming groups interested in open field battles on the opposing servers. Talk to Jscull.2514.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

T8 is where all the nasty small man roam teams are from what I’ve heard.
You could say “hardcore” because they take themselves so seriously, but there is “oh yeh we like to win when we can” to just aggressive “we’re better than everyone”.

If you want a pleasant environment to WvW in. Tier 7 is your answer.
If you want a server with good small man teams which work in conjunction with a commander in between doing their own thing and are also very pleasant to talk to. Join NSP.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

I’m glad someone who can’t spell and use proper grammar isn’t joining GoM. Go ahead and fill up NSP more.

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

I’m glad someone who can’t spell and use proper grammar isn’t joining GoM. Go ahead and fill up NSP more.

I can’t begin to explain how much of a gumin that makes you sound like

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

I can’t begin to explain how much of a gumin that makes you sound like

+1 except I’d interchange gumin with db

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

NSP small man action is great, especially in the Borderlands. We also have several small guilds who work closely with each other and some of the larger guilds when the zerging gets bad.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Boom.6148

Boom.6148

NSP has been having some really close and fun matches for the last several weeks. There are plenty of opportunities to form (or join) small groups to roam and like BlazeQ said there are plenty of times you can join a larger group to help take/defend an objective.

Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.8056

Irony.8056

Nsp small man guilds are a blast. I go from solo – duo – 5 man+ – to zerg with freedom of what I feel Like doing that day.

We have a bunch of small wvw guilds that group together and inter mix with other guilds daily. All high skilled players that 90% wvw only. Normally with these type of high skilled players you would think elitist.. well that’s not the case at all. Just friendly people that happen to kick kitten

If you want a place to get in the small man guild mix NSP offers that. Its a play how you want environment.

Often helping any other larger guilds with whatever is asked from us.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

It’s worth mentioning that NSP also has a super strong PVE community, probably the biggest in NA outside of TC. Tons of ppl guest to our server for Orr temple runs.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

It’s worth mentioning that NSP also has a super strong PVE community, probably the biggest in NA outside of TC. Tons of ppl guest to our server for Orr temple runs.

This is not a joke. Nightly, very organized, temple runs that happen like clockwork. Only downside is that guesting has been known to cause the map to go into overflow, and the boss fights tend to drop high end computers to 4fps.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Lots of flexibility on what you want to do in WvW. Solo, duo, group, zerg. Its always present. You also, depending on your play times, get to learn very fast how to firefight on multiple maps with minimal coverage. Depending on what is needed, I run my commander toon for guild and zergish work (usually involving multiple guilds and coordinated over the server TS or vent (there are both available) or swap to alts for small group work . I welcome another small group – we are the most effective when we can hit multiple maps at once and this is only possible because of our dedicated small group community.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

This is not a joke. Nightly, very organized, temple runs that happen like clockwork. Only downside is that guesting has been known to cause the map to go into overflow, and the boss fights tend to drop high end computers to 4fps.

5pm – 7pm server daily like clockwork.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

in WvW

Posted by: Bigmadness.8697

Bigmadness.8697

interesting, thank you guys for the responses! for now i think i’ll look into T8 a little bit more, but it looks like we’ll be heading to T7 soon!

in WvW

Posted by: Glaeser.8015

Glaeser.8015

Just to add in,

Look at T8 if you’re on the more hardcore side of small group roaming (less than 10, usually 5-7), they’ve been working hard on creating a competitive environment for small groups to test their mettle.

T7 is nice for its variety, there’s small groups, large groups, zergs, etc. I’d consider it a better fit for med-larger groups (10-20). Just beware of the WvW thread drama.

Glaezer – [Splt] [Holy] – NSP
Charr Guardian & many alts
I am the donut