T8 question

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I have a question for t8/t7 tier, i’m considering xfering (just me, not a massive 400man guild) because i’m on a higher tier which seems to always run in huge groups of 30ish on average and its just a little annoying right now to me personally, (not saying its a bad thing, just saying that skill lock sucks) so i was wondering about the dynamics of t7/t8 fights, smaller scales of 20v20? or is all servers like 30v30 now at least? explain the dynamics of your tier, i already have a server in mind but would like to hear from others.

Will you help me move?

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: pulsecodesgnl.3470

pulsecodesgnl.3470

You will run into those large zergs in t7/t8. But I doubt they are are nearly as frequent as you are used to. There are still a lot of small man groups running around and roamers. Honestly, people see 15 people down here and call it a zerg, for whatever that’s worth.

30v30+ is primetime and reset nights usually.

Voxtr | Svell | Kvikr | Svass | Sundr | Naud | Kvedja | Traust
Sorrow’s Furnace – Commander/Officer
Kabal of the Righteous [Seed]

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

in T8. The fight Dynamic is flowing. Some hours you have 10 people in the zone, all doing their own thing, other times we gather together and drop a 30 man zerg ball on someone.

It depends, because like any "small town kind of place, and T8 is very “Small Town” in the WvW arena, we all kinda know each other, that means popular commanders get more people to flock to them, while other commanders end up running solo to some camps.

As for group build up, it is normally a battle cry, or a call to act that gets a zerg or group going, otherwise, people will split off and do their own thing, camp cap, even dailies, etc, etc.

So, while it ebbs and flows on T8, it is very dynamic, you can be gathering berries out of boredom one moment and into a full scale war the next.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Honestly, people see 15 people down here and call it a zerg, for whatever that’s worth.

“INCOMING!!” it’s 3 guys

About sums it up…

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

T8 question

in WvW

Bones.5762

good to hear, I was actually looking at SF server because I’ve seen videos of Seven mirrors, and I’m a huge fan n would like to see more of his gameplay in person, but only thing is i dont wanna stack a wining server even if its just me, which is the only thing holding me back atm.

Will you help me move?

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

If you want small scale fights in a very casual environment, definitely the place to go. While there are “zergs” 20-30+ occasionally a lot of them will be upleveled. As I said its very casual and a lot of people view it as an alternative path for leveling.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Pretty much what everyone said so far. You get a good mix of all playstyles and can find a way to contribute no matter how you want to play. Less overall people means that there’s a bit more breathing room on each map, which opens the door for some unorthodox, but effective, tactics.

T8 question

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

good to hear, I was actually looking at SF server because I’ve seen videos of Seven mirrors, and I’m a huge fan n would like to see more of his gameplay in person, but only thing is i dont wanna stack a wining server even if its just me, which is the only thing holding me back atm.

What timezone do you play in? Despite what the other servers say, we don’t have overflowing numbers, we were just stuck too long in lower tiers so we tend to overwhelm the lower tiers.

Primtime NA is when we have the vast majority of our players so we don’t need a ton of help there, and we could use help with our night and morning crews. Seven Mirrors and the guild he is in [KING] have quite a few members and they range all over the timezones, though I personally have seen him on early during the weekdays and later on at night on weekends. They are great guys.

But that being said, we are far from having queues and being overwhelmed by too many numbers on the map, always welcoming new people as well.

(edited by pulsecodesgnl.3470)

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

You guys should go help GoM get back into T7.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

“INCOMING!!” it’s 3 guys

“Somebody go to LA and call ppl!!!”
xDDD
There r groups of 5, 10, 20, 30. And more ppl in weekeds.

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Any tier with SF in it will be zergy, period. They just outright have the numbers, as for us in T8 it can get pretty zergy at primetime, but other than that its mostly roamers and 1-2 zergs per server, across all borderlands. That’s been my experience with T8 anyways.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

T8 question

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

You guys should go help GoM get back into T7.

They don’t need any help at this point :P. I’m fairly positive they will bump up next week unless HoD has a huge change in gameplay. They are as far from t7 as we are from t6, which is less than 20 points.

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

Any tier with SF in it will be zergy, period. They just outright have the numbers, as for us in T8 it can get pretty zergy at primetime, but other than that its mostly roamers and 1-2 zergs per server, across all borderlands. That’s been my experience with T8 anyways.

Not as much as you might think. We’re not the same karma train we used to be in T8. I’ve seen a lot more spread out groups than we used to run. We still group up in zergs for big objectives like keeps, but that’S just because it’s more effective. Yet, even attacking keeps, we tend to split and have 2 offensives at once attacking different sides of a keep when it happens to be effective.

Piiz

T8 question

in WvW

Bones.5762

i think i might xfer over to SF since u guys will be moving up a tier maybe in a week or two at ur rate. ill consider it, im also NA primetime, usually around 6-midnight CST

Will you help me move?

T8 question

in WvW

Ungood.3054

Honestly, people see 15 people down here and call it a zerg, for whatever that’s worth.

“INCOMING!!” it’s 3 guys

About sums it up…

But.. But.. see this matters because.. we only had 2 people trying to siege the keep…..

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Smaller zergs.
More opportunities for unbalanced fights, i.e. 10v20.
More roaming opportunity.
Less overall balance.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

i think i might xfer over to SF since u guys will be moving up a tier maybe in a week or two at ur rate. ill consider it, im also NA primetime, usually around 6-midnight CST

So really its a T6 question since your joining the zergball.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

T8 question

in WvW

Bones.5762

maybe, lol, atm they are a good looking prospect

Will you help me move?

T8 question

in WvW

Bones.5762

Is there any time that the population drops below Very High? sucks to use so much gem to try to xfer to a lower pop, so if you guys do know of a time that population drops lower than VH let me. I’ve checked around 2am CST before too and it was still VH.

Will you help me move?

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

SF is not a lower pop server, if you want to get away from the 30 man zergs SF is not the place to go.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

T8 question

in WvW

Ungood.3054

SF is not a lower pop server, if you want to get away from the 30 man zergs SF is not the place to go.

Quoted for Truth.

T8 question

in WvW

Bones.5762

I want an avg size server, that fields around 20-30 organzied on primetime maps (own BL +EB) and maybe the extras anywhere else.

I want to be able to hop over to a different BL to sabotage camps, towers n such when were backs are against the wall and not have to worry about running into groups of 40 running me over with skill lock.

Yes i know SF is higher pop of the 3 servers in t7, but im going to assume thats just night coverage, but in terms of NA prime, im sure its an even good fight, also it’s hard to assess HoD V0.5. Still not sure if they belong in t7 or t8 either since im just recently coming back to gw2 after a couple months off so that could be the reason the match is a blow up.

Will you help me move?

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

indeed. while Seven Mirror is awesome at what he does, and i can TOTALLY respect wanting to learn from him... SF is not where you want to go if you want to avoid the hugearsezergballodoom.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

The reason the match is so uneven is because of SF numbers during NA primetime, if you check in the match up thread you’ll see its not a even fight.
Any of the other 5 servers would be a good pick for what you’re looking for, or you can keep your choice on SF, just be aware that their numbers are nowhere as low as what you’re looking for.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

T8 question

in WvW

Bones.5762

The reason the match is so uneven is because of SF numbers during NA primetime, if you check in the match up thread you’ll see its not a even fight.
Any of the other 5 servers would be a good pick for what you’re looking for, or you can keep your choice on SF, just be aware that their numbers are nowhere as low as what you’re looking for.

ill keep that in mind. I’ll wait til they go up a tier and see how they fare up in those servers, like i said i dont wanna go into a match thats already stacked and doesn’t need help, but doubt i could do much being just 1 player anyways.

Will you help me move?

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I want an avg size server, that fields around 20-30 organzied on primetime maps (own BL +EB) and maybe the extras anywhere else.

I want to be able to hop over to a different BL to sabotage camps, towers n such when were backs are against the wall and not have to worry about running into groups of 40 running me over with skill lock.

Yes i know SF is higher pop of the 3 servers in t7, but im going to assume thats just night coverage, but in terms of NA prime, im sure its an even good fight, also it’s hard to assess HoD V0.5. Still not sure if they belong in t7 or t8 either since im just recently coming back to gw2 after a couple months off so that could be the reason the match is a blow up.

what you want sounds very much like what t8 is

sf did not belong in t8

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

T8 question

in WvW

Bones.5762

yea most likely, i started out in kaineg during its t8 early stages before WM went there so i do miss those days. But that matchup doesnt look anything like the old FC/Kain/DR matchup, seems more like than t1 matchup.

Will you help me move?

T8 question

in WvW

pulsecodesgnl.3470

Lol @ all the people we have stomped. Guys, we really are an average server (I don’t even know that we will be able to compare to DH’s numbers based off of what I am reading in their forums). We do not have insane numbers, you guys are just really low pop so it seems out of whack.

30 man zergs are pretty average for primetime/reset. More than that when focusing big targets. Outside of that, 30mans aren’t that common.

For you t7/t8 peoples we stomped, please watch some of the t5/t4 zergs on youtube or something. We don’t even come close in my opinion. We’re still bumping up and growing and we can use numbers.

If you do want smaller fights constantly though Bones, we are jumping up into higher tiers and it will only get bigger. t8 might be a good fit if that is the case.

That being said, despite all the protests otherwise, we have PLENTY of roamers that don’t zerg and still get in plenty of fights.

T8 question

in WvW

Posted by: frostshade.3617

frostshade.3617

It isn’t primetime at all its more the coverage gap that effects nsp from putting up s better fight <3 wiping your big guilds sf

commander frostseir(sylvari,guardian) commander frostetics(norn,ele)
Os guild