THANKS

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: ResilientCrab.5162

ResilientCrab.5162

cause most people probably will still find something to complain about. you did the right thing bringing the alpine bl’s back ty!

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

You really didn’t.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Julenal.3907

Julenal.3907

Could you specify how this was good thing?

GM of Finnish gaming community guild “Frozen Dawn” [FD] since GW2 announce
GW player of 14+kh and Passionate Mind Wracker since 2005

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Both maps are on rotations, so we get to play both maps now.

Also, enjoying a lot of the wvw changes lately.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Though I’m disappointed BL Seige Razor is still in retirement, I’m happy that ABL is back and that BOTH maps are in a rotation.

This map, while unappealing to some is appealing to others, the same is true for DBL. This system is a great way to keep most of us happy half the time and allows them to work out kinks in the down map while we continue to play.

Thank you!

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Vonmanstein.3645

Vonmanstein.3645

Agreed. WvW has been significantly more fun since the quarterly patch.

Make WvW Great Again!

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Thx for all the recent change !
I have only 1 concern now it’s the upgrade system, for me the old one was far better.
But I know you will not come back on that.
But at least anet, can you try to do something about supply camp ? It’s really really hard now to upgrade those camp… And upgraded camp help a lot to defend and hold them… Before you could upgrade the camp even if no dolly go to the keep. And now you need so much dolly delivery ! At least reduce the number of dolly needed to upgrade the supply camp.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

I’m que’ing for borderlands! good job , the eb q is only 40!
who knows we may get back to calling for help across maps?
well done.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

Agreed, thank you. Myself and my 2 guilds are really excited about playing the Alpine maps again.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

ty anet!!!!tytyttytytytytyty

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Olli.9028

Olli.9028

and now forget desert bl somewhere in hell where it belongs.

Stab Eins [aX] Axîom
professional WvW rallybotting since 2013

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’m hoping you get at least a week’s reprieve from the complaints/suggestions for fixes, etc …

Thank you for listening to us.

Sincerely.

xox

L’enfer, c’est les autres

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I’m sure they will, most people have already left.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Mikeybalz.2089

Mikeybalz.2089

Thank you Anet! The true wvw’ers prayers have been answered!

Bad Guys Anonymous [BGA]
Main: SoS. Alt’s: BG/FA/Mag/SBI/YB.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

no thanks going EBG now:-)

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: James.3982

James.3982

Exhausted myself totally on a borderland commanding, hundreds of players divided in guilds and pug teams or roaming around.

8 different guild teams of 15-25 players on the south side of the map, just constant battle, non stop PvP action.

kitten this felt good, no running endlessly to find things to do, no gimmicks just pure strategy of combat.

Thank you!

EBG was for the 1st time in months queue-less and borders were all full with good queues of 30/10/10 providing that full map of action but not taking too long to get in.

GG Anet.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

no thanks going EBG now:-)

Don’t let the queue hit you in the kitten on the way out. :-)

Whispers with meat.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

All of map chat was cheering for the return of the good bl. Had more fights, both small and large, than I ever saw on the deserted bl.

Thanks anet

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

Thank you
15 characters

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.5478

Phoenix.5478

They brought back abls? I am downloading the patch as we speak… OMG HYYYPEEEEEE!!!!

Though I would prefer them to be permanent and not a rotation T_T
They are sooo much better than dbls. Or ideally new bls with a similar to abl bls layout… anything but dbls

EDIT: Forgot to say ty so… THANK YOU ANET… WOHOOO

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: The Ventari Ele.5812

The Ventari Ele.5812

No what happened is that player got bored of the alpine maps after playing on them for 3 years straight with very little content updates or even feature updates!

Finally we got new maps, which we all asked for. They got a few people to test the new maps and most gave feedback that it was too large and not that great.

Too bad, cos Anet spent what little money they assigned to WvW on the map, they had nothing left to fix it or make a new map.
We got stuck with the Deserted BLs.

So with so many more players leaving after HoT, and players not liking the DBL, everyone was queuing for EB.
Players were then eventually forced to play on DBL as who wants to wait 2 hours for a 100 queue.

So now after so much complaining, Anet finally have decided to reverse their decision on the DBL and give us back Alpine.

Problem is that it’s still an old map, with some of the new HoT bits added, but at least it’s better than DBL.
But how long will it last? How long before we get bored of alpines again, even though Anet are making it a rotation.

We’ll release SAB, everybody loves SAB they wont notice the lack of other updates!

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Forsaken.7015

Forsaken.7015

soo happy these maps are back i could not stand the dbl maps making eb the only wvw map i would play on. So much joy! ty ty

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

We had a queue for BL maps and none for EB. People on TS were laughing and sounded very happy. It was nice running around, hitting Bay, heading to north camp, capping ruins, and defending Garri. Thanks Anet. Looking forward to having some map rotations, hopefully that’s still the plan.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I was just getting to like the cancer bl and get the hang of it. My roaming/dueling/havoc map is back for now and along with all of the positive recent changes THANK YOU!

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

Thanks anet! woohoo!!

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

When you do it right the people will Cheer! Thank you Anet!!

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU… I Love you Anet. Never been so happy sieging up Hills and Bay and ROAMING.. so many good fights again while roaming and defending. THANK YOU THANK YOU again…. Please DO not change it back in a couple of months……

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Babytater.6803

Babytater.6803

OMG THANK YOU WVW TEAM!!!! You have been the best over the past couple of weeks. Thank you so much for all the updates!!! The changes to the desert borderland are superb and all the balances have been great. And now this out of the blue?!? WOW! Thank you!!!

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Just had the best night of fights in a long long time on my home border, it is so good to have alpine maps back, they suit open field fighting far better, tonight was an absolute joy.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: DocHoliday.9218

DocHoliday.9218

Good to be home! Thanks, Anet.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Yes, thank you very much ARENANET and the WvW team!

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Thank you anet for doing this!

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

Thank you very much Anet. Good job.

No EB queue today, 3 ABL´s queued. Great Great. So much fun today.

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Awsome!

Thanks from me too

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Thank you so much. I played perhaps an hour in that horrid desert maze and had a hard time even finding my way around in Garrison. Then I left the game for 5 months.

10 hours in WvW today on the Alpine Map. Not in the zergs either. I am so happy.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Fun is back!!! Last we had some epic Garrison defenses on Desolation Garrison. No supplies to build siege or repair the damages fully, but finally enemy zerg one by one if needed. Roaming is also better on the Alpine.

I was hoping Alpine would be back the lake instead of the ugly ruins of power (badly designed power creep system added to them), but this is far better Desert BL. The Alpine map layout facilitates much faster paced action and towers make tactical sense. Simpler is better than more complex.

Thank you!! (And really don’t hurry ever bringing Desert back to WvWvW)

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

Desert BL is great for 1v1 roams etc. The only reason it’s not popular is bc wvw and the mechanics of gw2 grinding and class ‘balance’ make 1v1s really unfun.

Desert BL at night particularly is kitten nice the map is just way ahead of this game in terms of design imho.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Ineke.2731

Ineke.2731

Yes the fun is back !!!

Thanks for the changes !!

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: LAX.9032

LAX.9032

Hell yeah!

Thank you ANet!

I do not know why, but it seems you finally care now about WvW – Jesus, I never thought this could actually happen – but it did, good job!

Server: Elona Reach [HOME]
Guild: People Without [Home]
Name: Tigris Silvestré [Raidleader/Mentor]

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Thanks Anet, such a pleasure to have the alpine maps back, heaps of fights to be had and plenty of fun.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Knob.6835

Knob.6835

Thanks for nothing anet. I can kiss this years productivity goodbye. Now I will be completely addicted to wvw again & real life will once again become a fantasy. I will be blaming you for my future 20 pound weight gain, divorce & carpal tunnel. Thanx!

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: stormstyle.3578

stormstyle.3578

Thank you Anet!
Alot of activity on alphine boarders on UW+FSP last nigth
At some point it was bigger/about equal que on one of the boarders.

[TAL] Uhino
Underworld

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: kandle.2367

kandle.2367

ABL’s were very enjoyable last night. Lots of open field fights. There was even a queue for a good part of the time. Guess ppl were hyped. First time I actually went to the BL since HOT that I didn’t have the ominous feeling that the 7 plagues were about to overcome and destroy. A bit dramatic but not too far from the truth from my point of view. And if I happen to be in EBG & got a call-out to aid the BL’s-there was no hesitation. I’m assuming many feel the same since the activity was so evident in the ABL’s. It was a fun night and am looking forward to many more. To add-I didn’t suicide jump once which is a great plus for this wvw’er. My 2 cents which might differ from those that could appreciate the DBL’s. But it is what it is.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Well, for what it’s worth.. activity in the DBL’s has been high since the forced merger of the servers so that’s not a real argument. But from what I’m hearing from most of my friends they like the switch back to Alpine.

… just call me … Tim :)

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Well, for what it’s worth.. activity in the DBL’s has been high since the forced merger of the servers so that’s not a real argument. But from what I’m hearing from most of my friends they like the switch back to Alpine.

Yes, the massive Queues for EBG led to more people resorting to use the DBLs due to the merger, although no where near as high as the Alpine Maps. Many servers had Queues for the Alpine maps, but not for EBG for the first time since the Desert Maps were introduced.

It IS a real argument that they would have to force people to not play at all due to EBG queues or use a map they were not fond of, so they finally agreed to begrudgingly use them only after prime time populations were so high it was not possible for them to get on a map they enjoyed. The thing is with the maps is they should be ones the population enjoyed using, not once they are forced to because they would not play at all if they did not.

You do not gauge it from activity alone, but ALSO from availability of other options. The truth is when there were any other options not to use them and play WvW, they were deserted. The players chose other options rather than using them, even when that meant sitting in queue for EBG. It was only when those queues became so high they knew they would never play at all do players use them. EVEN then, however, there were still a large amount of players that refused to play at all due to that being their only option, and that they would rather play something else than play GW2 due to that or go to another game mode instead.

I do hope rather than bring back a map that many considered unplayable, they should redesign a map from the ground up that has objectives closer together, give players actual reasons that benefit not only their server but the player as well to fight over those objectives to keep the players engaged in PvP action the entire time they are on the maps. TBH if you go more than 3 seconds between action that is 3 seconds too long as far as I am concerned. It should have direct easy to access routes, be able to fight from all directions and not full of linear choke points and inaccessible map terrain where you cannot even utilize all your skills. The very Terrain on the DBL prevented some classes from being able to use their skills, and the map should never interfere with character usage, instead it should be built to focus on enhancing their skills, not blocking them.

The map should be about being in the action, not looking for it. They can skin the map however they want, but the players deserve actual maps that are enjoyable for the masses, not just fix broken maps to make them " playable".

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

(edited by lil devils x.6071)

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: LittleAussieMozzie.7425

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

Thank god alpine is back! No more DayZ on the desert borderlands!

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: esotericSurgery.1072

esotericSurgery.1072

Ty Anet! The numbers don’t lie. There will always be whiners but the core of your wvw players prefer Alpine. PVE has no place in wvw. Since the change the fights have been much more abundant. I’d be happiest if they just rotated desert as an EoTM map and let the ktrainers have their paradise there but this is a step in the right direction.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Ty Anet! The numbers don’t lie.

^^ This ^^

Now the queues to borderlands can actually be longer than the queue to EB.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

^^ This ^^

No ques on borderlands since HoT release – EB has 80 man Q.

Bring Alpine back: Ques on 2/3 borderlands, EB is empty.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

THANKS

in WvW

Posted by: TallBarr.2184

TallBarr.2184

^^ This ^^

No ques on borderlands since HoT release – EB has 80 man Q.

Bring Alpine back: Ques on 2/3 borderlands, EB is empty.

http://imgur.com/oQyDRPJ

Queues on EB with old borders, barely no queue on borders.

Tier 1 EU.

Ultimate Dominator , Diamond invader