TY Anet! For the kind gesture to your WvWers!

in WvW

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

Edit: A couple of days I had suggested this and the wonderful peops at anet listened or maybe they were already planning to ofc who knows… But in any case I’d like to thank them for this kind gesture!

Dear anet, when you resolve the problems please consider giving everyone +100/150 tickets extra… This will allow:

1. Everyone to get at least 1 shiny mistforged weapon.
2. The winners can get 2 of them (so you reward winners more)
3. The waiting period will be worth it
4. There are many weapons people want and it will still take a lot of seasons to get them all so this generosity will not cost you anything
5. You will get everyone in better spirits and invested before the start of new WvW season / LS season 2 etc

Please consider this as my humble advice…

What do you think guys?

(edited by Taisia.2813)

in WvW

Taisia.2813

What you guys say to such a gesture from anet when this is resolved?

in WvW

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Have you seen the official post about congratulating servers that won?
That Sylvari with 2 mistforged hero weapons… Or 600 tickets, you know.
And no – normal hero weapons do not have that white glow, sadly.
So… kitten move, anet? Not only teasing us, but making it unachievable for everyone to actually run double mistforged weapons… You know.
So I suppose giving everyone an extra 100 is a great idea.

in WvW

Taisia.2813

So… kitten move, anet? Not only teasing us, but making it unachievable for everyone to actually run double mistforged weapons… You know.

The one with the sword and shield right? Yea I thought the same when I saw that picture lol… I expect anet to make a nice gesture to be honest… Here is to hoping…

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

For such a screw up,yes i think they should compensate us with a nice gesture to let us know they do care about the community.But in reality i kinda know it’s not gonna happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

A compensation is the least they could do now but knowing Anet likes to give customers ouchies rather then shinies i dont see it happen

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yea at least give everyone the ability to acquire at least 1 shiny

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I wonder how fast would they fix Gem Store Weapons if they bugged out?
Pretty kitten quick, don’t you think?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I wonder how fast would they fix Gem Store Weapons if they bugged out?
Pretty kitten quick, don’t you think?

I bet 10G they fix a bug with gemstore within an hour.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Taisia.2813

How many of us support this?

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

Not I – even though I like the general idea that everybody gets to walk away from the tournament with enough tickets for a mistforged weapon, the idea that anybody deserves “compensation” because they don’t like having to wait like everybody else until ANet can work out the proper rewards for hundreds of thousands of people is ridiculous.

If you have your tickets (like I do), do you know why you’re waiting? Because for you to run around with your rewards while other people who achieved the same as you have to wait would be a kitten move.

If you don’t have your tickets, do you know why you’re waiting? Because for whatever reason, a complex system didn’t output the proper results for hundreds of thousands of people and to sort it out it will take as long as it will take.

So far, not one person has lost out on anything from this season because ANet has decided, and rightly so, that we’re all going to cross that finish line together. The idea that people deserve something for waiting is ridiculous.

Now increasing the minimum reward level for future tournaments so that everybody gets a shot at the top shelf rewards? Sure.

Giving extra to people who seize on any opportunity to get more for nothing, and thus set the precedent for more of that in the future? No thanks.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I hope they release them soon so that we can all have the exact same weapon skins, and walk around pretending that the one each of us has is a unique and special commemoration of the incredible skill we demonstrated running in an EB blob alternating between tab and 1.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Has Anet ever made a gesture regarding a botch up before? I’m curious. I get the impression they don’t do the keep the community happy thing…but who knows.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

In its own sick way no reward at all would be sort of funny. The joke would be on the band wagoners that moved for free, but now paid to move back….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

If Anet gave us all something extra it would be a very nice gesture. However I do not think extra tickets is a good idea, that would defeat the whole tournament reward idea. My personal opinion is that if they were to give us something as a gesture, it should be something useful rather than more skins, for example obsidian shards or something like that.
To demand extra stuff as compensation for waiting is something that I’m all for if some people have to wait when other people get their stuff on time, but right now we all wait while they correct the problem, so noone has to wait longer than anyone else.
I have my tickets, and I would love to be able to get a mistforged skin right now, but it is just a skin. I can play just as well with another skin until they solve this thing.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

Dear anet, when you resolve the problems please consider giving everyone +100/150 tickets extra… This will allow:

4. There are many weapons people want and it will still take a lot of seasons to get them all so this generosity will not cost you anything
5. You will get everyone in better spirits and invested before the start of new WvW season / LS season 2 etc

What do you think guys?

having to be patient while a problem is fixed doesn’t put you into the anet Entitlement program…and your advice isn’t humble.

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Didn’t you know Sylvari get an extra 100. Because they’re special.

JK.

in WvW

Posted by: Quikmix.2518

Quikmix.2518

Personally, I’m opposed to them fixing Season 2 until they fix Season 1.

I wasn’t affected by Season 1, but I WAS affected by Season 2.

Seeing all the people whose S1 problems still haven’t been resolved was a nice reminder to me that my more immediate gripe is minor in that larger context.

In short, I’m showing some solidarity here and saying I don’t want my S2 shinies until the S1 folks get theirs

in WvW

Posted by: DarkFrost.2847

DarkFrost.2847

Has Anet ever made a gesture regarding a botch up before? I’m curious. I get the impression they don’t do the keep the community happy thing…but who knows.

Yes they have, when they botched the whole karka event in LA. Everyone that was at least there got mail with at least 2 unique exotics, a 20 slot bag and celestial account bound accessory.

Obertus [ERP]
The saga of your life is a summation of the choices you make.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I don’t think it’s needed, but I wouldn’t object to getting more tickets so I could get a 2nd Mistforged weapon.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I got my tickets, but even if I did not I wouldn’t need another reward for “waiting”.

However if while they are mucking around with the code they up the rewards for regular WvW play I would not be opposed to it. My time is currently split between PvE (which I only do for the loot) and WvW (which I enjoy) for the simple reason that the loot in WvW is less than spectacular.

in WvW

Posted by: Tayledras.1604

Tayledras.1604

Nice thought…but I give the likelihood of such a thing happening the same likelihood of me walking outside and being showered by delicious Cadbury creme eggs from the heavens. They’re a game company…like every other one they will fix the bug when/if they can…clap their hands clean of the mess and move on to making the next thing/fixing the next disaster trying to forget this ever happened despite constant reminders from a wrathful community of scorned players. They’re human…humans don’t like to dwell on their mistakes…least of all very public ones.

If you want peace, prepare for war.

in WvW

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

Compensation = a box of fun for everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

You got no chance….

Priorities are:-

1) Gem shop.
2) Living Story 2.
3) Closing/locking threads.
4) Dishing out infractions.
…….
10) Tournament of Legends 2.
11) Rest of PvE.
……
20) sPvP.
……
1000) WvW, we have WvW? Whats that then?

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: andysix.9640

andysix.9640

You got no chance….

Priorities are:-

1) Gem shop.
2) Living Story 2.
3) Closing/locking threads.
4) Dishing out infractions.
…….
10) Tournament of Legends 2.
11) Rest of PvE.
……
20) sPvP.
……
1000) WvW, we have WvW? Whats that then?

almost right but I think it should go
gem shop
gem shop
gem shop
gem shop
gem shop
then everything esle..

but in reality I don’t think they will do any kind of compensating.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

What do you think guys?

I see nothing wrong with Anet giving everyone who participated a Mistforge weapon, and winners gets one or two more. But basically with everything I’ve seen from GW2 players, when Anet gives an inch they’ll demand a mile. If Anet decides to give everyone who participated 1 weapon and the winners 2, we will see a plethora of threads demanding Anet to give the losers 2 or equal amounts to the winners since (insert random reason here). And then the top tier will ask Anet to give them even more, to separate them from the losers. Of course all the servers in between will dime in on what they think is fair.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Yes they have, when they botched the whole karka event in LA. Everyone that was at least there got mail with at least 2 unique exotics, a 20 slot bag and celestial account bound accessory.

Thanks. Maybe they will then. It would be a smart move under the circumstances.

in WvW

Taisia.2813

I knew anet would listen) Thanks Anet! and really shame on the people who based anet for nothing.. These are the guys who work their kitten of to bring you so much unique amazing content in such frequent intervals and you burn them for one simple mistake.. Honestly shame on you… Not being a white knight here but a realist…

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Nice gesture but hopefully the new patch is thoroughly tested and there won’t be any problems… We’ll have to wait and see.