Tagless guild commander

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: AnniMira.2506

AnniMira.2506

When our server does not have a commander, would our server benefit if a tagless guild commander would tag up – and move to our server’s ts from guild’s private ts?

Sure guilds may have their private runs, but when there is no commander, it probably is not a bad idea to remind that it is our server’s map, not guild’s private map. We have many pugs who wishes for a commander when there is none.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

sometimes its annoying that pugs don’t go on TS and have a mind of their own when following a tag. Then they die and rally a bunch of enemies.

[SA]

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

It’s their choice if they want to or not. They’re not paid to be commanders after all. Nice if they do, no matter if they don’t.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

When our server does not have a commander, would our server benefit if a tagless guild commander would tag up – and move to our server’s ts from guild’s private ts?

Sure guilds may have their private runs, but when there is no commander, it probably is not a bad idea to remind that it is our server’s map, not guild’s private map. We have many pugs who wishes for a commander when there is none.

Then you should bye a pin and pin up. You have no authority to place that responsibility on anyone else and demand they play how you want them too.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: johnno.7543

johnno.7543

Why should someone have to lead around a bunch of people if they don’t want to? A commander has no obligation to lead, if someone doesn’t want to tag up it’s their choice. I know with my guild the reason we don’t tag up is because we enjoy fighting larger groups than us, and a lot of pugs will refuse to join TS which makes them a liability. Also my guild doesn’t capture anything even if we tagged up we ignore all objectives and just run around looking for fights lol so pretty much no benefit

Syndictive Exalt-human warrior
[Syn] Syndictive
Dragonbrand

(edited by johnno.7543)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

Your server too? That is the reason why guild commanders like to command only their own. But we have a good number of pugs in TS and most of them follow commander.

How things are at top rated servers? Tagless guild groups running around?

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

johnno.7543

Yeah the top rated servers have a lot of tagless guild groups running around.

[Syn] Syndictive
Dragonbrand

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

coglin & johnno, how is your server ranked with that attitude?

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Why should someone have to lead around a bunch of people if they don’t want to? A commander has no obligation to lead, if someone doesn’t want to tag up it’s their choice. I know with my guild the reason we don’t tag up is because we enjoy fighting larger groups than us, and a lot of pugs will refuse to join TS which makes them a liability. Also my guild doesn’t capture anything even if we tagged up we ignore all objectives and just run around looking for fights lol so pretty much no benefit

And this is why a lot of the people who are not organized in a WvW guild think badly about them.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

coglin.1867

You mean an attitude that is against the tyranny of other players dictating how I play? You appear extremely confused, as I do not speak for my server. I speak for myself. Simply because I pin up often and lead many players on my server, does not mean I owe it to you or anyone else to pin up when I do not feel like it………..Sometimes I am home alone with my young granddaughter, and know I may need to step away at a moments notice, so it isn’t practical.

Do not project your issues on me sir. You are the one with the self entitled attitude here, not i.

(edited by coglin.1867)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Would it not be a better idea for one of those people in the public TS to tag up?

You know, use some initiative?

Rather than sitting on your backside in the mud, bawling and weeping about how there’s nobody to herd you around like a sheep and do 100% of the thinking for you, so you can keep “playing” with only 1 hand?

Why is a guild player under any more compulsion to tag up than anyone else on the map?

Commanders aren’t some rare valuable commodity, they aren’t “chosen by god”, they’re just regular players the same as everyone else, who have decided “sod it, if nobody else is gonna sort this shiz out, then I guess I’ll have to”. Why don’t YOU be that person?

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

To be honest this is a typical question for a servermeeting/forum, try to discuss some rules and try to make together a solution. For FSP for example we barely run tagless, almost evry guild has yellow tag up and we respect that and won’t follow them. Incase there is no other commie online we sometimes switch to open tag but not necessarily. We expect our guilds to take serverbenefits into account with decisionmaking, so whenever needed guild groups should blob up/change to open tag to save important objectives.
Also note that however many guilds are running tagless, if you just whisper them, they often accept players that are willingly to fully focus (incase the raid isn’t like 30+ yet ofc).
last but not least i’d say just take some initiative, tagup yourself to solve the problem. having more tags together up at 1 map is usually a good thing, aslong as these tags are willing to work together.

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

What’s with the hate on OP? It is a totally legit question.

@AnniMira:
I can only speak for myself and my guild. In “serious” WvW guilds there are rules that everyone has to follow. These being following orders 100% of the time, using “the team build” – the build that they forged together, using the the team tactics, and using the team composition whatever may that be. These are all to maximize efficiency.

If you get randoms in there, you’ll end up with people dying early (and thus giving rallies), upleveles, messed up combo fields, boons going out to random players instead of those who need them. You also cannot rely on PuGs using the right skills, meaning you cannot expect a PuG to use a “warbanner” or “waterfield” if called for. If you only have your guildmates (who you’ve been running with, and trained tactics together) you know (as a commander) what you have at your disposal.

Also, for some (like me), it is more fun to wipe a blob of 30 with an organized 15, than a 30v30 blob fight.

With that said, these can be overcome with smart use of tag colors, like my server does, sadly I am not allowed to share how, cause that is confidential! :ninjaface:

(edited by Bubi.7942)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

johnno.7543

My server is rank 6 at the moment and my previous server is rank 7.

[Syn] Syndictive
Dragonbrand

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Sometimes they do, but there’s no obligation to babysit when 1/2 the pugs aren’t on TS and will suicide into the lord’s room.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

Just tag up with red or pink or something, and wait till someone puts up a blue tag. It’ll give the random people something to follow and do.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

What’s with the hate on OP? It is a totally legit question

But its a silly question. The question here is, would the server benefit from someone tagging up when there is no commander?

Uh… uhm… yes, obviously?

But you’re not going to be able to force guilds running tagless to tag up. If they want to do it, they’ll do it.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

“Hate on OP”.. I would say hate on the ppl who can’t respect guild-raids.
You know, the ones who’ll troll a guild only ‘cos they don’t wanna play with others..
Somehow they can’t understand that a guildraid is not for PPT/fights, it’s for having fun as a guild, having fun with your friends..
I have more fun dieing against 2-3x our numbers if we had a good fights than blobbing up and just running over everyone..

Just don’t forget, if you don’t respect the guild, the guild will not help you.
Or would you help someone who just spit on you? ^^

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

a guildraid is not for PPT/fights, it’s for having fun as a guild, having fun with your friends..

Your guild should try out guild missions. Missions also have nothing to do with WvW whatsoever, just like a guild raid that is not for PPT or fights, and the guilds have fun doing them together. You also get guild commendations which are pretty valuable.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

FA has lots of guilds that run tagless.

#4.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Bubi.5237

a guildraid is not for PPT/fights, it’s for having fun as a guild, having fun with your friends..

Your guild should try out guild missions. Missions also have nothing to do with WvW whatsoever, just like a guild raid that is not for PPT or fights, and the guilds have fun doing them together. You also get guild commendations which are pretty valuable.

WvW guilds will not have fun doing PvE
Well, maybe for the first 5 mins.. but that’s it.

If your goal is PPT, there are better options than a closed guildraid.
If your goal is to make bagz, blobbing up is almost every time a better option.
And don’t say you wanna do a closed raid to lose fights

So yes, closed guild-raids are to have fun with your guild, to improve as a guild, to strengthen your bonds.
And to enjoy the moment when everything fits and your guilds is unstoppable in the thing they want to achieve (be that small-scale roaming, “gvg-scale” fighting, flipping T3 objectives, etc. ).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I feel like i’m in a good place to answer this question – I’ve pugmanded for more than 2000+ hours, but now i lead guild raids every day, sometimes tagged, most of the time, not.

for starters, commanders that can get their zergs in and out of outnumbered situations, alive, are exceptionally rare. Players who know how to place siege, and manage supply in their zerg, are very common. (seriously, placing siege is easy, and it’s harder to count calories than to remember how much supply your zerg has picked up)

As for why I dont tag up for the server as much anymore-

1. We are not aggressively PPTing. If you want to do more for the server, you’re better off following someone else. Our rallies are not about capturing structures, they’re about working on our GROUP SYNERGY, how we move, fight, and sustain as a group against other organized groups of players.

2. It’s infuriating. Militia don’t pay as close attention to the commander as they should, they’ll afk at gates, walls and other attack points, and get 1 pushed when another zerg pushes them with a veil. Since they’re too lazy to run in circles with the frontline and the commander,(damage mitigation) and thus they wipe the entire zerg. Many militia struggle with focusing damage, blasting fields, and of course, moving with the commander.

3. Militia don’t ask the commander what the zerg needs to be balanced (frontline/backline). They’ll bring whatever they want and expect me to be grateful about it.

4. Have you tried to get militia to dodge-roll through a coordinated enemy push? It doesn’t happen

5, We’re in the server TS, just in our guild channel. When we see militia following us, we tell them to join us in TS in /S to reduce the afore-mentioned rallybotting. What we don’t do, is advertise in /T for people to join us, because we want to keep our group smaller than 25 players

6. Militia join my zerg, and then try to backseat command because we’re not PPTing aggressively enough for their taste, which is just a bit annoying.

There’s also that I’m burned the hell out of this game, and I don’t have fun struggling to upgrade a whole borderland with my guild anymore. I also have lost a lot of the energy that I used to put into training people for ZvZ fighting, and I’ve focused my energy instead on developing a guild organized around zergbusting and fighting players, not doors.

(edited by Hamster.4861)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Anybody who complains about guilds not tagging up should buy a tag and use it if they care about server performance. Then you be the one to deal with:

• Uplevels who try to play as 80s
  • 80s who die like uplevls
  • Fighting doors
  • People who want others to tag up so they can safely hover around and do whatever they want while they wait for bags roll in

which leads to:

• People who leave after one wipe
  • People who leave if you don’t keep capping and throwing rewards their way
Whispers with meat.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

It’s quite simple really. The question you need to ask yourself is, ‘do you want to win?’

It’s as simple as that. If “no” then carry on but if “yes” then…

Not getting on TS (which is free and doesn’t require a mic)? You’re right. You don’t have to and nobody can make you but if you find yourself getting left behind, or the opposing zerg overwhelms you and you turn to find that all your zerg has ducked into the nearby tower, don’t go pointing fingers at the commander. It’s not his/her fault you can’t be bothered to get on TS to hear the orders being called. Also man up and take responsibility that if the comm says to dodge back due to an enemy bomb and you blow up because you are not on TS to hear it, your death means the enemy rallies and your allies will find themselves quickly overwhelmed and eventually wiped.

Not tagging up and leaving the map tagless? That’s fine, you don’t have to and nobody can make you. But if half your guild group is caught up in queue and half the map is just pugs standing around in keeps or at spawn, or wandering around, then don’t go giving them flack. Also man up and take responsibility that, despite a map queue, if all your kitten is capped by the opposing teams because there is no tag and everyone is either standing around or roaming aimlessly then be prepared to lose in the PPT department.

There is a reason that teams have a coach, assistant coatch, and captains. WvW is a team effort. Like any team based game (sport or videogame), if you can’t be bothered to be part of the team then you have no business taking a spot on the team.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Bubi.7942

“Hate on OP”.. I would say hate on the ppl who can’t respect guild-raids.
You know, the ones who’ll troll a guild only ‘cos they don’t wanna play with others..

Okay, but nowhere has OP said he wants to “troll” guild raids, he was asking, wouldn’t it be better if guilds tagged up when there are no commanders? That’s it. I’m guessing OP is not an experienced “guild raider” (or WvW-er) and wants to know the reasoning behind no tags. Instead he got kitten.

Somehow they can’t understand that a guildraid is not for PPT/fights, it’s for having fun as a guild, having fun with your friends..

If not for fights or PPT then what? Are you guild raiding the JPs, killing the wurm, entering enemy Bay and killing all quartermasters?

Just don’t forget, if you don’t respect the guild, the guild will not help you.
Or would you help someone who just spit on you? ^^

Our server actually manages to run guild groups with tags. And it’s kind of super useful for other guild groups (if any on the map) and the pugmander (if any) and scouts to know what the others are up to, and know that we got a reliable group running who they can call for if needed (even cross border).

Edit: this quoting seems silly, it’s hard to make out which one I am

(edited by Bubi.7942)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Bubi.5237

Okay, but nowhere has OP said he wants to “troll” guild raids, he was asking, wouldn’t it be better if guilds tagged up when there are no commanders? That’s it. I’m guessing OP is not an experienced “guild raider” (or WvW-er) and wants to know the reasoning behind no tags. Instead he got kitten.

A lot of wvw players are constantly quagganed off by trolls/ppl who don’t respect guildraids, they’re a bit too sensitive about it maybe, but well, this is the wvw subforum, where everyone think the worst!

If not for fights or PPT then what? Are you guild raiding the JPs, killing the wurm, entering enemy Bay and killing all quartermasters?

Quoting myself, but tbh killing Henry/Harpy is a must for a guildraid!

WvW guilds will not have fun doing PvE
Well, maybe for the first 5 mins.. but that’s it.

If your goal is PPT, there are better options than a closed guildraid.
If your goal is to make bagz, blobbing up is almost every time a better option.
And don’t say you wanna do a closed raid to lose fights

So yes, closed guild-raids are to have fun with your guild, to improve as a guild, to strengthen your bonds.
And to enjoy the moment when everything fits and your guilds is unstoppable in the thing they want to achieve (be that small-scale roaming, “gvg-scale” fighting, flipping T3 objectives, etc. ).

Our server actually manages to run guild groups with tags. And it’s kind of super useful for other guild groups (if any on the map) and the pugmander (if any) and scouts to know what the others are up to, and know that we got a reliable group running who they can call for if needed (even cross border).

Our maps sometimes have ~2-3 guildraids, every guildraid with 2-3 tags.. Scouts, roaming groups with tag when they have/wanna use.. so yea, it’s not a problem as long as pugs can understand and respect it
(Yup, pug-commander tag, 1-2 guild-raid tags (thats 3-6 tags), 1-4 scout tags, 1-2 roaming tags.. RAINBOW!)

Edit: this quoting seems silly, it’s hard to make out which one I am

Bubiception!

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Here are some reasons guilds run tagless-

-They are mainly geared for fights
-They do not want pugs following them because: pugs are not in ts, not geared/traited the same as the guild, pugs do not know the guilds tactics and strategy so it throws coordination off, pugs are often seen as rally bots.
-They have more fun, and are more comfortable running with people they know then random players
-Having too many people follow them, will provoke the enemy to react with a large force that might be more then the guild is looking to fight, and not comfortable fighting with pugs around
-They are trying to establish themselves which helps recruitment and keeps members loyal

Here are some things you can do-

-scout and make calls out to bounce groups if key objectives are being attacked
-form havok groups to take camps/towers
-be in ts to inform groups on other maps if anything happens

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

AnniMira.2506

My solution has been to tag up and mark the place where action happens so that people find us. I have sieges with, just in case. If I have followed tagless guild, I have tagged up when we are about to take something bigger.

I’m planning to start the map completion runs on daily basis. Some other motive than purely taking objectives and fighting.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Bubi.7942

If I have followed tagless guild, I have tagged up when we are about to take something bigger.

Ouch, that’s a bad idea.

They are running tagless cause they want to be tagless. If you tag up for them to be seen, you really are just trolling them.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

It all just depends on your community. You need to make some guidelines how guilds need to react when a situation like this one happens. If you make rules that force guilds to prioritize the server above their own guild you’ll probably get some problems at the start. To convince your guilds for helping out the server they need to understand the balance between PPT and fights. However the majority of WvW players would love to fight only, you will need a certain amount of PPT to keep you away from the dead/AC servers.
When these guilds are deliberately not responding to scoutreports/losing objects because they refuse to call in more folks, just adress them at a servermeeting. The guild will understand not responding to these reports will result in bad reputation on their server and they will help the server in the future. Also when more and more guilds start to help, they will really see the benefits of putting some effort in the server.

Ofcourse you can’t ask from guilds to respect the community if the community doesn’t respect the guilds. Don’t join their closed raids, only if you ask it in chat wether you’re allowed to join, don’t put trolsiege down, interupt on fights etc etc etc…

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

One reason a guild might run tagless is that they are using groups and builds that work together. Zergbusting on a larger group requires they don’t die, and don’t get rallies. If you are running partyless with no water fields and their comp is based on X number of water fields for Y number of players, you are much more likely to go down and give the other team rallies. Or you are running partyless and don’t have reliable stab and end up getting CC’d into oblivion.

That said, it’s an open map and you paid for the game too. If you can find the driver you can ghetto tag with with your target marker. Personally, I’d ask if they mind before you follow them. If they politely say “no” then you’ll probably have more fun elsewhere. Unless your idea of fun is trolling in which case … I don’t care.

If you have the means, buy a tag and just try it out doing havoc or something. Tell /t and /m what you are doing. Sure, you might end up with 20 people on your tag but if you tell people you are just flipping camps or something, you can freely ignore them when they spam /t and /m with all the ways you are doing it wrong.

A lot of servers have conventions for what the different tag colors mean. If you’ve got a whole-server website, find out what your server does, if anything then tag up to do something you are comfortable with.

My first time commanding was on EBG during reset. God, that was exhausting.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Man some people on this forum so defensive. And jump on the “yooouuu can’t tellll meee whuttt to do” attitude.

It sounds like a honest question. And of course the server would benefit. The main things it does is it keeps participation up, fosters community, assists newer players, etc.

But you shouldn’t expect it of a guild who wants to run tagless or be a jerk about trying to get someone to tag up. And all the other respectful things others have mentioned.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

coglin.1867

Man some people on this forum so defensive. And jump on the “yooouuu can’t tellll meee whuttt to do” attitude.

As I see it, it is perfectly reasonable to defend againt this statement in the OP of a thread………………………………..

that it is our server’s map, not guild’s private map.

It sounds like a honest question. And of course the server would benefit. The main things it does is it keeps participation up, fosters community, assists newer players, etc.

You appear a bit confused here. Sure, there was a question or two, but there was also a directly inflammatory statement. It appears quite intentional. Asking questions before and after that doesn’t make it okay. Particularly when the questions themselves have an accusatory tone.

Simply because I or anyone else in my guild had a commander pin, does not mean it is not our job to spend 100% of our time keeping participation up, fostering community, and assisting newer players, etc……………………….We should be permitted some down time to enjoy ourselves with our friends. You go spend 6 hours pin-ed up on a map, running everything, then come to the forums and see if you appreciate others suggesting your not “keeping participation up, fostering community, and assisting newer players, etc” simply because you do not log off and disappear immediately after you pin down.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

As I see it, it is perfectly reasonable to defend againt this statement in the OP of a thread………………………………..

that it is our server’s map, not guild’s private map.

You appear a bit confused here. Sure, there was a question or two, but there was also a directly inflammatory statement. It appears quite intentional. Asking questions before and after that doesn’t make it okay. Particularly when the questions themselves have an accusatory tone.

Simply because I or anyone else in my guild had a commander pin, does not mean it is not our job to spend 100% of our time keeping participation up, fostering community, and assisting newer players, etc……………………….We should be permitted some down time to enjoy ourselves with our friends. You go spend 6 hours pin-ed up on a map, running everything, then come to the forums and see if you appreciate others suggesting your not “keeping participation up, fostering community, and assisting newer players, etc” simply because you do not log off and disappear immediately after you pin down.

So it seems with you everyone is either confused if they don’t agree with you. Or they are having trouble discerning subjective opinion with objective fact when they are simply making a statement of what they think.

The question was not accusatory. I didn’t take it that way. You are the one who interpreted it as such. Which means you had a preconcieved mindset or belief that caused you to take it that way.

Nobody said its your job. Or demanded anything of you. And nobody suggested that if you don’t tag up you’re not “keeping participation up, fostering community, and assisting newer players, etc”. Man you just twist everything around.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

it is our server’s map, not guild’s private map.

I don’t know how anyone hard working “pin” can see this in a post, and not feel the fact that claiming “it is our map” imply self ownership, and “not a guild’s private map” implying the guilds should serve the server, in this case, the OP means, himself.

Clearly the above poster is being intentionally obtuse. 14 posters took offense to it, and your singling out 1 to attack. Seems to be a reasonably strong sign of bias there.

Johje Holan,
How long have you had a “pin”?

How many hours do you have as the only “pin” on the map?

How many times have you been "pin"ed for hours, staying on after you wanted to quite, to support your server?

You are somewhat high and mighty like, making your own interpretation of what the OP meant, then attacking someone else for thiers. Accusing others of preconceived notions and mind sets. I find it interesting that you lecture someone, then in the next breath, do precisely what you were up on your own soap box complaining about.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

it is our server’s map, not guild’s private map.

I don’t know how anyone hard working “pin” can see this in a post, and not feel the fact that claiming “it is our map” imply self ownership, and “not a guild’s private map” implying the guilds should serve the server, in this case, the OP means, himself.

Clearly the above poster is being intentionally obtuse. 14 posters took offense to it, and your singling out 1 to attack. Seems to be a reasonably strong sign of bias there.

Johje Holan,

How many times have you been "pin"ed for hours, staying on after you wanted to quite, to support your server?

You are somewhat high and mighty like, making your own interpretation of what the OP meant, then attacking someone else for thiers. Accusing others of preconceived notions and mind sets. I find it interesting that you lecture someone, then in the next breath, do precisely what you were up on your own soap box complaining about.

What the hell are you talking about? I know its my interpretation, that’s what I said.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

coglin.1867

I believe the point was that you mocked me for my “interpretation” as you called it, only to turn around and offer an interpretation of your own, only to go a step further and disingenuously suggest yours was fact.

I do see you side stepped those questions. I will ask them of you myself, as I feel your experience is relevant.

As well, if your going to make accusations such as…..

they are having trouble discerning subjective opinion with objective fact .

Would you mind quoting the post I made, in this thread, in which I stated that comment?

1st place, with the most first place match win in tier one out of all the servers, or so I am told. I have been there since release.

(edited by coglin.1867)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

It’s their choice if they want to or not. They’re not paid to be commanders after all. Nice if they do, no matter if they don’t.

Wait… you guys aren’t paying your Commanders?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

No use arguing just for the sake of arguing. I think everyone agrees about the substance of the issue.

OP if you really want to know how to help your server there are some helpful posts in here.

Commanding can be stressful and frustrating, especially in a pug environment. Give guilds and commanders respect. If they choose to tag up to lead, help them out. But don’t bother guilds and untagged groups; this includes following if they don’t want to be followed or popping a tag if they don’t want it.

The friction between guilds and militia has caused more than one server implosion. On my server in the beginning there were guilds that felt like they had to tag up and lead the server. They felt like they had to carry the server. And they were right, they were carrying the server on their shoulders. That’s not something that should happen in a game. It causes burn out and dissatisfaction.

And definitely support the commander, defend the commander, give the commander superior siege, lol and yes pay them if you want.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Wait… you guys aren’t paying your Commanders?

Was thinking in real life money, not in game gold. But I guess we’re bad at that as well, though they tend to get offers of siege fairly often. In general though, my server been so disorganized that most of our active WvW population been Roamers, so we’re used to do things ourselves, and being poor :p

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

50 puglets all running glass and every single one of them with a rambo mentality … 90% of them do not listen anyways so why would a guild driver bother ?

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.6803

Missy.6803

YES
Do not forget the Ctrl + T puts a target over the head of whomever you have clicked on. It can act as a tag, and I know many guild groups who run tagless using that. The guild I command for on Mondays have done it on occasions as well as on reset night.
If you have someone your server looks up to but doesnt necessarily has a tag, corresponding and organizing in map and team chat is what those chats are there for.
Guilds should always be encouraged to use the server’s voice comm, but one must remember you cannot force such a thing and that it can cause a dramatic and tense experience to try to do so.
I would also encourage the militia looking for a a tag to keep shoutouts in map chat where your group is. You guys can at least agree to go into the server’s voice comm. It is always a benefit to coordinate than to run around clueless tag or not. If the tagless guild group is not coordinating, adjust to them. There may be orange swords where they’re at or have someone follow with them to know where they’re at so the militia group can support or hit a second objective.

~ Scorned Siren ~Tarnished Coast ~
Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] Co-Leader/WvW Commander
espguild.com

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Competent guilds always have a designated pug commander just for that. Having control over your guild and over a map zerg helps alot.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Competent guilds always have a designated pug commander just for that. Having control over your guild and over a map zerg helps alot.

I don’t know if competent is the word you want to use there. Some guild groups hit their mark just fine but don’t want to be bothered with pugmanding.

Whispers with meat.

Tagless guild commander

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

There are plenty of guild groups that run specifically to test themselves against larger numbers. You can’t do that with tons of zerglings following you around. Unfortunately there are some/many servers that don’t really have PUGmanders that they can depend on to be either; 1 effective, or 2 playing often.

The guild groups I have been a part of would run max 20 versus whatever a map could throw at them. This is fun, and a very exciting part of the game for that kind of player. Running tagged would eliminate that part of the fun.