"Take Suggestions"

"Take Suggestions"

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

Here’s a suggestion that will lead to both Fun! AND potentially more profits for you Anet!
ADD gliding to WvW along with updrafts and bouncing shrooms and nuhoch wallows! I personally like the Desert BL’s but they’re just too kitten annoying to navigate to get a fight in!! With all the vertical distance in it whats only a short linear distance can be a “1000000 MILES” away.! Having all the movement mastery’s added to the map is really needed plus I think was the intent when the map was crafted. And Gliding, Updrafts, B.Shrooms and Wallows Are a FUN way to get around too!! (think of all the tactics too with gliding in on a foe and dropping on them =P ) It would REALLY vitalize the BL’s i.m.o.

And as for profit motivation Anet, think of all the free to play players who get hooked on the WvW and see everyone else gliding around and moving freely about the map =P

"Take Suggestions"

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

they would need to rework the areas around keeps and tower, and add no fly zones to prevent easy abuse

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

"Take Suggestions"

in WvW

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

No.
No.
Please, No.

It’d be ridiculously easy to break the entirety of WvW (as they have pointed out in AMA’s and Streams). Just as a simple example, you’d be able to simply glide your way into SM by standing on the hillside at the Red keep and going straight at it. Ofcourse, you could put invisible walls etc. but those are very prone to buggy behaviour and massive nuisances such as being unable to shadowstep/blink on the walls, that issue was recently fixed and I’d like it to stay that way.

Not to mention how unfair it would be to F2P players that are tipping their toes in WvW… Not having the Elite Specs available can be dealt with and is preferable in certain raid setups etc. but lacking Gliding and such…

So no.
Fun on paper, hell if you actually look ahead.
I’d also rather keep PvE out of WvW, Oakhearts and crap like that are annoying enough as it is.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

"Take Suggestions"

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

One thing I was thinking the other day was “what if the T3 shrine bonus for Air keep was being able to glide around near air keep” but it still has huge balance and map design issues. Probably best to leave it for now and for them to focus on getting their new features cooking.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

"Take Suggestions"

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

The reason WvW has failed since launch and will always fail is because it is designed for stacking. The zerg always wins.

Everything else ANET does to WvW, while interesting and many times positive, is nothing more than a bandaid incapable of healing the fatal wound that has killed the game mode.

WvW is all about the zerg. ANET hasn’t addressed that basic fact…. ever.

"Take Suggestions"

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

@ Grim West: I dunno about your WvW experience but, as a 3 year vet I’ve experienced many sides of WvW play and “zerging” is not all of it

Back to topic, it would be rather easy to implement the invisible wall no-fly zones and there would not be that many. Sure I agree with “get the pve sh** out of WvW” but the HoT movement mastery’s are not “PvE” they’re mastery’s that you hafta train just like Elite specs. At the moment we can only use them in PvE so you could infer them to be “PvE stuff” but that’s my point, open those mastery’s to WvW too! don’t close off a part of HoT to those of us that bought it but mainly play WvW!!

"Take Suggestions"

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

This has been suggested at least once every week. I am all for gliding in WvW. It is fun and helps you move around faster and I have yet to see any real arguments against it.