Teach me this skillful play!

in WvW

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Currently, our server Abaddon’s Mouth (rank 13) is pitted against Far Shiverpeaks (rank 4). Of course, our server stands no chance against their formidable play, intuition and discipline.
Of course, their never stopping march would eventually push the frontline near our spawn zone.
And although their roamers outnumbered us only slightly (cannot tell by what, too many Mass Invis, my mind got all foggy from their cunning), they wiped the floor with us every time we tried to break out. How do they do that?

Attachments:

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Love the pose! Lmao.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well those players in picture are EotM players so they are little bit more skilled than wvw players. Of course they probably lost fights against superior skilled blue team in EotM and did go EB find easier fights.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

That’s some l33t fighting skills there.

Maybe you guys scare them?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

probably the guy doesen’t know there are other 2 exits from spawn… they didn’t cap keep with 8 omegas anyway

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

lol someone from a german server asking for a fight?!

Sorry but seeing you and you brother servers running away from us all the time I find this hilarious!

Why not use your usual tactic of waiting for most of the server to go to sleep and then send out your nightcappers? Oh wait I guess FSP has night time players to offer you reistance!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You forgot to mention that FSP got a waypoint in your keep.

Also, you think you are the only one complaining about it? No one on FSP want this matchup. Due to the way glicko works, the only thing we can do now is not only win, but win overwhelmingly just to get a few measly points so we dont have to face whiners the next matchup.

We’ve already had one moron that’s probably been maining an AR or AM account running around dropping ballistas everywhere going ooh you so skilled fighting these servers oooh we wipe everything in sight do we feel so strong now. As if its our fault and what we wanted.

in WvW

MarauderShields.6830

You forgot to mention that FSP got a waypoint in your keep.

Also, you think you are the only one complaining about it? No one on FSP want this matchup. Due to the way glicko works, the only thing we can do now is not only win, but win overwhelmingly just to get a few measly points so we dont have to face whiners the next matchup.

Bro, why so aggressive? I was just trying to learn and provided visual tools for other players to point out the nuances of FSP’s superior skills. Also, at that point, the keep didn’t have a waypoint. Apparently, all sups were used for superior ACs.

in WvW

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

Most people of AM just deal with it. We know we are outnumbered and outplayed, as one can expect from 4th place.

Lot’s of AM players will stay away from WvW this week an FSP will hate this week too because there will mostly be nothing to do except defend all the t3 stuff.

Just because one posted the pic doesn’t mean we are all complaining. Why shouldn’t FSP do it if they can? Only shows they are alreay bored and that sucks for them and us.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Gotta admit that outfit looks pretty cool on your charr. Gotta dig that Indiana Jones look.

Also i feel ya. Hold out it will be over soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

FSP fight server. many keks.

in WvW

Posted by: Divinus.3925

Divinus.3925

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Take about 5 of you through the other spawn exit and steal something important with Superior Siege. If you can’t get supply anywhere, go to EotM to get supply. You could probably take a t3 tower if they aren’t scouting.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

MarauderShields.6830

Gotta admit that outfit looks pretty cool on your charr. Gotta dig that Indiana Jones look.

Thanks mate
I actually don’t mind the spawn camping. During weeks like this, you get lawnmower’ed by the blob anyway so I find fights at my doorsteps rather convenient. I simply don’t get why people throw sieges, especially since fights will be scarce for FSP as well. Why not enjoy the smallscale on a fair level?

in WvW

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

Thanks mate
I actually don’t mind the spawn camping. During weeks like this, you get lawnmower’ed by the blob anyway so I find fights at my doorsteps rather convenient. I simply don’t get why people throw sieges, especially since fights will be scarce for FSP as well. Why not enjoy the smallscale on a fair level?

Agreed. Right here is the reason why WvW turns into PvE: siege that can be placed everywhere, players that do that and Anet that considers that all is working as intended (and maybe it is). This is not a game for us, those who love a good fight, a competition where the rival has the chance to fight back and win.

Of course that’s not the whole server, and on all servers are those who do things like that. It’s just an example of bad game design, or unintended failure – both asking for a fix. After 3 years.

Thanks OP for making a funny post, even from a situation like this. Indeed, no skills are involved there. It’s a very sad picture, that still makes me smile. It’s a perfect picture of the bittersweet state of the WvW game mode.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

FSP tried to karma train yesterday in EotM, but rage quited because they couldn’t take our keep. No idea how they manage cap anything in normal WvW.

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

This is not a game for us, those who love a good fight, a competition where the rival has the chance to fight back and win.

WvW is inherently unbalanced. In this particular case, so incredibly unbalanced its the eqvivalent of Manchester United meeting a group of 10 year olds in a football match. Sure, the 10 year olds might get some goals, but the match is going to be loopsided no matter how you look at it. Its a sad day when you miss facing SFR

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

FSP tried to karma train yesterday in EotM, but rage quited because they couldn’t take our keep. No idea how they manage cap anything in normal WvW.

FSP spent time collecting bags and tears from the SFR karma train yesterday, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53C0771WPIk , had to swap maps though as you PvEers kept rage quitting.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

MarauderShields.6830

WvW is inherently unbalanced. In this particular case, so incredibly unbalanced its the eqvivalent of Manchester United meeting a group of 10 year olds in a football match. Sure, the 10 year olds might get some goals, but the match is going to be loopsided no matter how you look at it. Its a sad day when you miss facing SFR

The problem of these uneven match is not the difference in in skill though. To follow your metaphora, it’s like one team has only 3 players and has to decide whether it wants a keeper or a striker. I really hope Anet includes their new world population in match making somehow generate more enjoyable matchups.

One more for illustration:

Attachments:

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

The problem of these uneven match is not the difference in in skill though. To follow your metaphora, it’s like one team has only 3 players and has to decide whether it wants a keeper or a striker. I really hope Anet includes their new world population in match making somehow generate more enjoyable matchups.

What does world population has to do with FSP vs AM vs AR?
The chance for the matchup was literally 0.1%. We where never supposed to meet each other.

Arguing population in this case is like arguing that the precursor droprate is too high because you got one.

(also the german name for FSP look hilarious, I never knew that)

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

FSP spent time collecting bags and tears from the SFR karma train yesterday, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53C0771WPIk , had to swap maps though as you PvEers kept rage quitting.

Haha that is edited video. Why you don’t show your losses? You wiped in two first fights because you thought that you can split your lvl80 zerg and win against upscaled karma train. If old red guard members win against upscaled karma train with 8 man it doesn’t mean that FSP WvW players can win with 40 man. You didn’t even show how you sieged our keep like hour and still managed wipe in north gate.

in WvW

MarauderShields.6830

What does world population has to do with FSP vs AM vs AR?
The chance for the matchup was literally 0.1%. We where never supposed to meet each other.

Arguing population in this case is like arguing that the precursor droprate is too high because you got one.

(also the german name for FSP look hilarious, I never knew that)

FSP vs AM vs AR is just an extreme example for the general problem of population differences. It might be less of an issue in gold tier because any server has a good coverage there, however, in silver league, uneven matchups appear more often. AM can steamroll several servers in our bracket and can be steamrolled by others. I doubt that there is any significant difference in player skill though.
The current matchup is just a crass (and hilarious) case of why matches tend to not be enjoyable for any side in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Haha that is edited video. Why you don’t show your losses? You wiped in two first fights because you thought that you can split your lvl80 zerg and win against upscaled karma train. If old red guard members win against upscaled karma train with 8 man it doesn’t mean that FSP WvW players can win with 40 man. You didn’t even show how you sieged our keep like hour and still managed wipe in north gate.

LOL, there were plenty of lvl 80s, that you fight like upscales, is well… Video does show a wipe, after a EoTM reset, when you try hard with full blob, but then that was element of surprise, and it was back to you wiping time and again as per normal.

As for your keep, no idea, I got bored and left, though it is no surprise that you PvE boys decide to go and bunker up, hiding behind your arrow carts after getting wiped so many times open field.

P.S – The crying in whispers was hilarious

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Silly boy, there were plenty of lvl 80s, that you fight like upscales, is well… Video does show a wipe, after a EoTM reset, when you try hard, but then that didn’t last did it, and it was back to you wiping time and again as per normal.

As for your keep, no idea, I got bored and left, though it is no surprise that you PvE boys decide to go and bunker up, hiding behind your arrow carts after getting wiped so many times.

P.S – The crying in whispers was hilarious

So when real fighting start and your staff 1 spam isn’t enough you get bored? Some dude called me SFR c*** in whisper, because i was too good treb user. I did report him because I could have been underage player. Some pure underage player might have googled that word. I hope that anet do something about that dude.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

LOL in der ersten Woche habt ihr von Elona und Baruch auf die Fresse bekommen und jetzt kriegt ihr von FSP auf die Nuss Das mal echt richtig PECH

Aber das ist auch mal nen krasses Matchup, weder ihr noch die Auguren solltet so weit oben sein, bzw. FSP so weit unten

Sorry, my english is too bad to say that in english
In Short: I said to him, that he had very very bad luck this week – and the week before

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

I wanna inform that huge FSP wvw blob guild called da karma train just wiped against upscaled players in EotM.