Team and Map Chat please separate ..

in WvW

Posted by: Peppel.9736

Peppel.9736

Q:

Heya,

I am always wondering why there are 2 chats in WvW? Both have the same function.

My suggestion or idea:
Through the upcoming shortened Server Linking, one could divide them.

EXAMPLE:

• Team Chat – only for the Home Server (WSR)
  • Map Chat – for server connections (RoF + WSR)

There are conversations that are not interested or needs to know of other server
i. e. guilds recruiting or promote the website. This separate chat would simplify it, especially with the short connection time.

The guest server (like us) have “disappeared” These are no longer displayed in the game, the players / guilds you no longer know who is which server. It would also back a small piece of the server community be prepared.

Tinka – Whiteside Ridge WSR - It’s a game, have fun and be kind to others
Slow-death-of-the-forgotten-Guest-server

(edited by Peppel.9736)

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

They do not actually function the same way is part of the issue, ( same chat rules do not apply ) and team chat is more important to be able to speak to all on that map due to the way it actually functions. Guilds now consist of players from both servers merged , Guilds recruit from both servers merged and both servers are in same squad and need to be able to see all calls made in team chat regardless of who is saying them.

Map chat is less useful in WvW at all due to it’s function limitations not being as beneficial as Team chat and is more of a PvE tool instead.

Changing them would be bad for both servers and cause confusion as to why scouts and commanders can no longer see calls. You have guild chat to talk to just your guild, but we have multiple squads running on map from multiple servers and commanders do not need to chat limitations of map chat so they need to be able to have the freedom Team chat offers as well as every squad, guild and player on that map to see what is being said.

If they want to create a server chat so be it, but leave Team chat alone.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

in WvW

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Heya,

I am always wondering why there are 2 chats in WvW? Both have the same function.

My suggestion or idea:

EXAMPLE:

There are conversations that are not interested or needs to know of other server
z. B. guilds recruiting or promote the website. This separate chat would simplify it, especially with the short connection time.

The guest server (like us) have “disappeared” These are no longer displayed in the game, the players / guilds you no longer know who is which server. It would also back a small piece of the server community be prepared.

Heya, replace z.B. for i.e. or for example xD you just started talking german there mate.
I do agree though that a seperate tab for recruiting would be nice, as it stands many just “uncheck” the map chat.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSoul.3792

DarkSoul.3792

Heya,

My suggestion or idea:

EXAMPLE:

z. B. guilds recruiting or promote the website. This separate chat would simplify it, especially with the short connection time.

If anything was done about this, I’d suggest having a map chat that allows players from different opposing servers to talk together, say for a GvG or dueling

Fort Aspenwood
Legends Never [DIE] / The Legacy [OBEY]
Main – Vexx Flamewalker (Tempest)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If anything was done about this, I’d suggest having a map chat that allows players from different opposing servers to talk together, say for a GvG or dueling

Oh the flaming and block/reports that would get thrown around there.

Map and team chat is a sideeffect of PvE (and thus WvW) having the same chat channels as sPvP. Nothing more too it. Nothing to change, nothing to fix. Like having 6 toes on a foot, it may look a little odd but it doesnt hurt anyone.

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

No, Team chat is wvw intel, map chat is general stuff/

in WvW

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I’d much rather have map chat work for the map you are on right now And team chat work cross borders (all maps)

After all they have spoken about an all map chat. That would make it easier to communicate with zergs on other maps.

Edit: Both chats would, just like the current chats, only be for your server (including hosted server).
Not enemy servers.

(edited by Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365)