Team channel spam

Team channel spam

in WvW

Posted by: JMancinoTwo.5286

JMancinoTwo.5286

Why is it allowed to spam team chat? I can only right click and report spam so fast, the server we are paired with this week has some reaaaaly special characters and it just got ridiculous to the point where I just logged off. There needs to be some limit!

Team channel spam

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

Just block them.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Team channel spam

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Click the down arrow on your main chat tab. Uncheck “team”.

Problem solved.

I did it within 5 minutes of the team chat update and placed it in its own tab that I dont check unless bored (or when I want to make fun of people putting diffuse scout reports and inc notes in team).

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Team channel spam

in WvW

Posted by: SinZerius.9576

SinZerius.9576

Problem solved.

I did it within 5 minutes of the team chat update and placed it in its own tab that I dont check unless bored (or when I want to make fun of people putting diffuse scout reports and inc notes in team).

Diffuse scout reports? You do know you can see what map people are on when they use teamchat? So if someone writes “blob at bay” you can see what bay he means.

Hope is what makes us strong. It is why we are here. It is what we fight with when all else is lost.

Team channel spam

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Problem solved.

Diffuse scout reports? You do know you can see what map people are on when they use teamchat? So if someone writes “blob at bay” you can see what bay he means.

Except they dont do that, they just say “inc” or “south gate” or post a link to the objective and then say nothing more. And this is still about 10% of the content of course, the rest is random smacktalk.

Team channel spam

in WvW

Posted by: SweetPotato.7456

SweetPotato.7456

Put team chat in a separate tab.

Guild Wars 2 Forever

Team channel spam

in WvW

Posted by: Jirayu.5834

Jirayu.5834

Actually, Team chat should be the one that got suppression instead of map chat.

Worst NSP Ranger
Thai Guild Wars 2 Fansite: https://tyria.in.th

Team channel spam

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

So just to reiterate some of the solutions that have already been stated:
1. Put Team chat in a separate tab
2. Block Team chat altogether
3. Select the option that shows the map the “speaker” is currently on. When they say “blob at south bay”, it will say BBL next to their name and you can see that their callouts is from the Blue borderland
4. Block the heck out of all hiney-hole attention seekers that continue to clog up /t chat with their silliness.