Teir 1 NA and the way it is effected by "GvG"

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

T1 had 3 GvGs this week (IRON/RISE, TW/RISE, CHOO/ESOL) taking out 1 hour for each match for each server, that’s 6 hours out of the week with a total of 504 hours (168 for each server). That’s like 1.1% of the time.

If someone knew what times these matches occurred, a simple check on http://mos.millenium.org before, during and after the match we could clearly see the effect, positive or negative, GvGs do have, if any, on T1 NA WvW.

This would actually prove or disprove the entire argument up until now, rather than throwing around pointless population numbers that no one has any clue about because ANet won’t release the information.

edit: ignore the logical post and continue a pointless discussion

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Zikory that was what I was getting at. “GvG” still effects wvw on servers that are less organized then we are this will stunt progression and kill competition. What is the harm in me tracking the effect none right.

Progression? Progression….where?

The present system randomly progresses different servers every week. There’s no real game of “progression” anymore.

Sorry I keep responding to you and playing devils advocate. But there is kinda a importance to playing the PPT game with the current rating system. Take the last few weeks of T1/T2 starting with when JQ got matched with T2 servers. They won decisively while DB and TC had to deal with SoR and BG. Both servers did good but with the coverage gaps its clear they aren’t set for T1. JQ’s first week back they stomped BG into the ground! We lost so much rating that if this week would have gone that way, there would have been a high chance of BG dropping to T2 and the unbalanced matches would have started again. Playing PPT just enough to maintain the current SoR/JQ/BG match is important for the tier.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Zikory that was what I was getting at. “GvG” still effects wvw on servers that are less organized then we are this will stunt progression and kill competition. What is the harm in me tracking the effect none right.

The present system randomly progresses different servers every week. There’s no real game of “progression” anymore.

Sorry I keep responding to you and playing devils advocate. But there is kinda a importance to playing the PPT game with the current rating system. Take the last few weeks of T1/T2 starting with when JQ got matched with T2 servers. They won decisively while DB and TC had to deal with SoR and BG. Both servers did good but with the coverage gaps its clear they aren’t set for T1. JQ’s first week back they stomped BG into the ground! We lost so much rating that if this week would have gone that way, there would have been a high chance of BG dropping to T2 and the unbalanced matches would have started again. Playing PPT just enough to maintain the current SoR/JQ/BG match is important for the tier.

Yes, but GvG doesn’t affect PPT enough that it matters for what you’re talking about. There would have to be a significant, sustained point loss for rankings to be affected that much.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

I dont think hes a native english speaker or he certainly does a grand job pretending not to understand anything that counters his biased “arguments”

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

There may no longer be tiers, but there is still progression due to the rng factor It does make it harder to track though, but also can make it easier. Say a lower tier server is able to do some good recruiting and efficient play now they don’t have to work there way up over months they can win 2 weeks in a row and prolly make t1 exploding onto the scene and staying if they can win.

hik
I have not tpvp in two month I meant. I did one match to get my rating back so i could see what it was and that was it. “GvG” has been going on much longer than the last few months lol a “friend” of mine started it when we first got the new bag drop rate to farm them.

@lanimal
I saw this on another thread and loled. “A good player knows when to use his dodge rolls.” Real talk though some of the stuff you guys ask/say is rubbish and I just chalk it up to something out of my control.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Yes, but GvG doesn’t affect PPT enough that it matters for what you’re talking about. There would have to be a significant, sustained point loss for rankings to be affected that much.

I can’t say I agree or disagree because I don’t have exact times and records to prove or disprove it. Also I wouldn’t say “GvG effects PPT” so strictly, its to situational, also to a point of importance. If a GvG is happening on a map were your server looses a WP keep or is getting pushed on Garrison then it’s going to have a effect on your PPT, now effect that is going to ensure a loss in the match for your server, again that’s situational and depends on the scores. (but considering most points are to GvG’s at the start of the week its very unlikely to ensure a loss, I’v seen servers come back from -30k points before)

Say you lost a WP Garrison while a GvG was happening on that map. Now your spending a lot of time getting garrison back then having to push out to the other towers (that may or may not had upgrades finish making it longer to take) and have now given enemy server a lot of time to upgrade hills and bay, making them even harder to take thus more time you don’t have that PPT.

That all said, that is just one random situation I fabricated. It could happen but its unlikely. I’m just saying that badly timed GvG’s can effect PPT past when the GvG took place.

I’ve been making a lot of post that sound against GvG’s so I just want to say again. I am pro GvG and support it, what ever keeps people in WvW and makes them stronger to fight is good for the game!

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

Zikory, your approach and arguments make far more sense, and is very situational and specific to a server like Blackgate (from what I can read) Flute’s arguments and math haven’t been than sensible I’m afraid (plus multiple threads on the matter).

If its a problem unique to Blackgate, (which you say it isn’t anyway) i’m sure it’s something to be sorted in the Blackgate community forums, not coming here to flame about this ‘minority’ he trash talks.

His attitude to the ‘problem’ is the problem, and the ‘problem’ is non-existent.

In your example of losing a T3 keep with waypoint, how many times is lost in under 1h with 20ppl less on a full map (crutial detail) in your experience? Assuming is server C attacking while AB GvG.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

Can someone track the T1 GvGs next, mark down the PPT before, during and after and put this pointless thread to rest?

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Zikory, your approach and arguments make far more sense, and is very situational and specific to a server like Blackgate (from what I can read) Flute’s arguments and math haven’t been than sensible I’m afraid (plus multiple threads on the matter).

If its a problem unique to Blackgate, (which you say it isn’t anyway) i’m sure it’s something to be sorted in the Blackgate community forums, not coming here to flame about this ‘minority’ he trash talks.

His attitude to the ‘problem’ is the problem, and the ‘problem’ is non-existent.

In your example of losing a T3 keep with waypoint, how many times is lost in under 1h with 20ppl less on a full map (crutial detail) in your experience? Assuming is server C attacking while AB GvG.

Out of the very few times there was a push on a map while a GvG was going on (early in the week) The guild GvG’s was asked to help respond and did so. Regardless if the keep was lost or not the GvG was put on hold to help with the map per the commanders request. To the point of a hour very rarely does a keep fall that quickly unless a solid Golem rush happens but with scouts, even thats a fabricated situation.

As for the 20 people on a full map. If the map is close to being queued and you ask for help from another map. That’s 20 people that the floating commander can’t bring with him so depending on how many people he gets in, it might be like a 5 man havoc squad trying to stop a golem rush. This said, the variables of map queue and size of the floating team (if there is one) make it situational as well.

I’ll admit there as been a few issues on BG with badly timed GvG’s that lined up badly with some pushes. But those situations are always constructively discussed and never creates any bad blood between guilds. And I would never caulk it up to a issue so bad that it truly effects the match negatively. TBH GvG is like your servers sports team. Support them and respect them, they will probably return the favor.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Lol there may have been something lost in communication because you guys claim to be wvwers, no one should have had to explain the possible effects to you. My math is spot on if you could do it yourself you would know that. I showed the sources and methods used you might not like the answers, but they are correct. If you didn’t see red every time someone talks about “GvG” in a way you don’t like you would realize this.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Can someone track the T1 GvGs next, mark down the PPT before, during and after and put this pointless thread to rest?

That’s still won’t prove anything. It would have to be a much longer time, and have both well timed GvG’s on empty maps and also GvG’s on queued active maps.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

That’s still won’t prove anything. It would have to be a much longer time, and have both well timed GvG’s on empty maps and also GvG’s on queued active maps.

I mostly posted this so that Flute would actually realize there is a good way to bring up this “omg gvg ruining PPT in T1” rather than talking about populations.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

I brought up population because some people were saying that most server only care about gvg and was proving that it is not possible because they make up such a small portion of the population.

Really it just got dragged out because I was board thought it would be fun to play with some diff numbers ("gvg"er given estimation) even though they pretty much showed the same thing.

in WvW

Posted by: assasin of warr.9517

assasin of warr.9517

k guys i m from SOR so i compete with this dudes server so i m not neutral. But ma guild is trying to get into the gvg scene and i say 1 thing Bg (the server this dude is from) is a PPT server. some facts: we got gvg’s canceld/stopped cause the guilds needed to go back playing the ppt cause he’s too low. other thing. we are a eu guild in na server. we play most of our fight in na time cause the guild that do eu on the other servers say “we cant gvg cause we need to hold the ppt”. Its a other mentality and if they like to play that way they can play that way.

cosmic force
elementalist for The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Proud member (mesmer ofc) for YOLO.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Lol @ “whoa, people still care about PPT?”

Amazing people take the false moral high ground instead of admitting they were outplayed by JQ and their own GvG affected the outcome.

GvG is a bit like losing a tpvp match and saying “whoa, people still care about capping points? 1v1 me bro. No stomps, you lose on down, and we stay in this little corner of the map” What a strange way to play gw2—it’s the ultimate egotistic / vanity move: lose PPT so start thumping chest and challenging a 1v1 to save face. That’s all this gvg nonsense is (besides a complete joke).

Lol @ everyone who thinks that way: you lost before the battle even started. Oh, and for all your gvg “pro” nonsense, I still wipe the floor with my ranger. Ahahaha! GG

You guys used to have heart for wvw— now you’re an empty shell. Eagerly awaiting the exodus of gvg guilds and the resulting mayhem in T1. Your tears level me up!

Your guild does "GvG"man you guys are ranked 11th on the “GvG” site. http://gw2gvg.com/guild.php?id=83

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Lol there may have been something lost in communication because you guys claim to be wvwers, no one should have had to explain the possible effects to you. My math is spot on if you could do it yourself you would know that. I showed the sources and methods used you might not like the answers, but they are correct. If you didn’t see red every time someone talks about “GvG” in a way you don’t like you would realize this.

Your “spot on” math still does doesn’t explain the 10k from Blackgate in your post. Here, let me get you started: http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/33/93 All you do is just say “im rite ur wrong” when people point out all the flaws in your argument.

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

Lol @ “whoa, people still care about PPT?”

Amazing people take the false moral high ground instead of admitting they were outplayed by JQ and their own GvG affected the outcome.

GvG is a bit like losing a tpvp match and saying “whoa, people still care about capping points? 1v1 me bro. No stomps, you lose on down, and we stay in this little corner of the map” What a strange way to play gw2—it’s the ultimate egotistic / vanity move: lose PPT so start thumping chest and challenging a 1v1 to save face. That’s all this gvg nonsense is (besides a complete joke).

Lol @ everyone who thinks that way: you lost before the battle even started. Oh, and for all your gvg “pro” nonsense, I still wipe the floor with my ranger. Ahahaha! GG

You guys used to have heart for wvw— now you’re an empty shell. Eagerly awaiting the exodus of gvg guilds and the resulting mayhem in T1. Your tears level me up!

Your guild does "GvG"man you guys are ranked 11th on the “GvG” site. http://gw2gvg.com/guild.php?id=83

Ranking means nothing LOL

in WvW

Zikory.6871

In reply to assasin of warr.9517.

I don’t normally agree with SoR, even more so IRON but he is on point for the most part. Blackgate is more PPT focused than GvG focused and we have less GvG guilds then most other servers. Most of what I said above is mostly about our NA time as I rarely play EU/OC/SEA (just to clear that up) His point on canceled and stopped GvG’s only proves how much GvG’s doesn’t negatively effect T1 NA from Blackgates point of view.

And for a little BG EU guilds defense I don’t believe any of our EU guilds GvG so I’m not sure about the credibility of them turning you down because of PPT but as you know the EU time slot play style is much different then NA because of population, so I you be right. I’m not in a EU guild so I can’t call you a lier

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Zikory your in mob right?

in WvW

Zikory.6871

Zikory your in mob right?

No, I’m in KnT a more PPT focused guild that does not GvG.

EDIT: Saying were PPT focused isn’t quite right, We are a WvW guild but more focused on having fun in WvW as a community.

Zikory – Retired Thief

(edited by Zikory.6871)

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

odd my mistake lol

in WvW

Posted by: Kreamciqul.4617

Kreamciqul.4617

Ever since we came to T1, it has been such a hassle with the server to schedule a GvG. Hell, in the middle of one of our GvGs, the server admin came into our locked channel and demanded us to cancel the GvG on the spot (RISE v EP) and said if we didn’t to “watch what will happen.” lol. That being said, we didn’t cancel and really didn’t have any fall out. What a joke.

I just don’t understand why a lot of people can’t let people do their own thing. Some people like ppt, sure go for it… others like our guild have played for ppt so long that it gets boring and we went into the competitive GvG scene. I think it’s safe to say that if our guild couldn’t GvG, most of us would quit the game.

[RISE]
Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I think it’s safe to say that if our guild couldn’t GvG, most of us would quit the game.

This sentiment is pretty popular… EP has had several conversations in mumble agreeing upon this. If ANet breaks our ability to GvG, most of us are gone. It’s the only end-game left to a lot of people at this point…

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Ever since we came to T1, it has been such a hassle with the server to schedule a GvG. Hell, in the middle of one of our GvGs, the server admin came into our locked channel and demanded us to cancel the GvG on the spot (RISE v EP) and said if we didn’t to “watch what will happen.” lol. That being said, we didn’t cancel and really didn’t have any fall out. What a joke.

Sir, your guild will be sanctioned for breaking the PPT law. Prepare to starve for your ruthless actions.

in WvW

Posted by: Kreamciqul.4617

Kreamciqul.4617

Sir, your guild will be sanctioned for breaking the PPT law. Prepare to starve for your ruthless actions.

Right? We all had a good laugh in TS lol

[RISE]
Necromancer
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I just don’t understand why a lot of people can’t let people do their own thing. Some people like ppt, sure go for it… others like our guild have played for ppt so long that it gets boring and we went into the competitive GvG scene. I think it’s safe to say that if our guild couldn’t GvG, most of us would quit the game.

Lol that kinda puts my foot in my mouth about some of the BG GvG stuff I said :/ That’s to bad that happened, RISE is a great guild to play with and watch. Your GvG’s are always fun to watch!

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

NA what do you expect lol.

in WvW

Posted by: MSUspartan.5403

MSUspartan.5403

I don’t understand how a 1-2 hour GvG upsets people so much. It’s less than 5% of the total hours of the week and yet it is the GvG that is blamed if our server loses that week?

Honestly, playing for PPT got boring a long time ago. It’s just repetitive over and over. Yes, when we raid, we may take an objective or two, but it’s the fights that give our guild the most excitement.

I’ve heard people complaining of having to tag for 18 hours a day and get upset when we lose an objective during a GvG. That’s just not our fault. Maybe if your guild GvG’d more, you wouldn’t need an entire map to defend things

But, I hope ANET does release some sort of official GvG thing soon. I don’t know how much longer people will sustain in this game without it.

Boon Killer [RISE]
Necromancer
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Blackgate sounds like Ehmry Bay except they actually have coverage.

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

lol I always have to go back to this you guys are less than 1% of the games population I hate to be this guy, but you don’t matter. They will have GvG at some point, but it will also most likely be something to complex for you guys to understand. If you don’t like the game go play something else we will see you when you get back. Time to go bb for reset.

Your math has been proved incorrect on that point. Several times now, actually.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Lol hardly… the woman above said that they gvg with 75 people….. when the map cap is 80 hik I am sure even you can see a problem with that.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

lol I always have to go back to this you guys are less than 1% of the games population I hate to be this guy, but you are low priority. They will have GvG at some point, but it will also most likely be something to complex for you guys to understand. If you don’t like the game go play something else we will see you when you get back. Time to go bb for reset.

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I don’t understand how a 1-2 hour GvG upsets people so much. It’s less than 5% of the total hours of the week and yet it is the GvG that is blamed if our server loses that week?

Honestly, playing for PPT got boring a long time ago. It’s just repetitive over and over. Yes, when we raid, we may take an objective or two, but it’s the fights that give our guild the most excitement.

I’ve heard people complaining of having to tag for 18 hours a day and get upset when we lose an objective during a GvG. That’s just not our fault. Maybe if your guild GvG’d more, you wouldn’t need an entire map to defend things

But, I hope ANET does release some sort of official GvG thing soon. I don’t know how much longer people will sustain in this game without it.

I said it before I’m only playing devils advocate here. The reason it upsets some people is you have a force on the map that isn’t helping them do what the game “says” your suppose to do. Scroll up for more in depth explanation in my earlier posts.

As for me if I was commanding a map, I would ask only a few things of the guild in the GvG. If its a very active map (close to queue) either don’t do the GvG here, help respond if its a big emergency (like losing a WP keep) or at least give us good notice a head of time so we can plan accordingly, like getting ready to bunker up and what not. I would also ask not to do it in NA prime (what 5pm-10pm pst?) and not on reset night. Now with that said they would be considered “guide lines” more then rules so if you would wish to not abide by them then I’d probably get frustrated but you better win that GvG Either way +1 for RISE!

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Lol hardly… the woman above said that they gvg with 75 people….. when the map cap is 80 hik I am sure even you can see a problem with that.

It’s obviously not 75 people at the same time. So much facepalm. So much.

in WvW

Posted by: assasin of warr.9517

assasin of warr.9517

In reply to assasin of warr.9517.

I don’t normally agree with SoR, even more so IRON but he is on point for the most part. Blackgate is more PPT focused than GvG focused and we have less GvG guilds then most other servers. Most of what I said above is mostly about our NA time as I rarely play EU/OC/SEA (just to clear that up) His point on canceled and stopped GvG’s only proves how much GvG’s doesn’t negatively effect T1 NA from Blackgates point of view.

And for a little BG EU guilds defense I don’t believe any of our EU guilds GvG so I’m not sure about the credibility of them turning you down because of PPT but as you know the EU time slot play style is much different then NA because of population, so I you be right. I’m not in a EU guild so I can’t call you a lier

with the eu part i mean we challenged bg’s eu forces for gvg’s (even practice ones). they say no cause we need ppt hold ppt. and okay but if we gvg a guild and an other guilds of bg looks and laugh to that guild for losing i find it pathetic

cosmic force
elementalist for The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Proud member (mesmer ofc) for YOLO.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Who even cares if PPT drops during GvG’s? People can play however they want.

Make a rant explaining why people must play the game the way you want them to please.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

It’s obviously not 75 people at the same time. So much facepalm. So much.

Obviously… well she said they traded out between matches. The problem is she wanted me to use more than what is documented on the site. Since they have an invested interest in a larger number It creates a problem even if it happens to be true for her guild she wanted me to use a larger number for all the guilds in na when most of which were just targets to inflate rating.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I think I’ll just argue the same way you argue half of the time. Your math is wrong. Deal with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

T1 had 3 GvGs this week (IRON/RISE, TW/RISE, CHOO/ESOL) taking out 1 hour for each match for each server, that’s 6 hours out of the week with a total of 504 hours (168 for each server). That’s like 1.1% of the time.

If someone knew what times these matches occurred, a simple check on http://mos.millenium.org before, during and after the match we could clearly see the effect, positive or negative, GvGs do have, if any, on T1 NA WvW.

This would actually prove or disprove the entire argument up until now, rather than throwing around pointless population numbers that no one has any clue about because ANet won’t release the information.

that is somewhat true but its also falsh as you need to eleminat all other things like pve events, RL problems and compare it to same time span other days and you might have somewhat bullet proof arguments else there are a few flawes in your arguemnts that will make your statistics worthless

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in WvW

Zikory.6871

okay but if we gvg a guild and an other guilds of bg looks and laugh to that guild for losing i find it pathetic

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Are you saying other guilds on BG are laughing at guilds you beat? If so I agree that is silly.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

saiyr.3071

that is somewhat true but its also falsh as you need to eleminat all other things like pve events, RL problems and compare it to same time span other days and you might have somewhat bullet proof arguments else there are a few flawes in your arguemnts that will make your statistics worthless

Exactly. When people say PPT basically boils down to coverage, that includes many things, like everything you mentioned above. All of that factors into coverage. This thread was created entirely based on confirmation bias.

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

Exactly. When people say PPT basically boils down to coverage, that includes many things, like everything you mentioned above. All of that factors into coverage. This thread was created entirely based on confirmation bias.

Yes, I agree. I was just trying to draw a parallel to what OP thinks the cause and effect is: GvG and PPT. I never saw any kind of correlation between the two other than “omg i lost waypted garrison” and some numbers being thrown around.

I provided OP and everyone here a valid way to gather CONCRETE data about this “issue” is about. If what OP says is true, the 2 servers that are currently GvGing should, in theory, LOSE PPT while the 3rd should gain.

9-11PM CDT is the typical time when GvGs happen plus/minus 30 minutes. Just at the couple of examples I saw: the PPTs of all 3 servers, while they fluctuated, exited the window at the same number as they entered (plus/minus 25 points).

The effect is minimal when you look at it over a 1 week period.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

This is just the first week It will eventually show a pattern if there is one. There are multiple variables but I am confident that it will keep a strong pattern that eventually won’t be debated.

Paradigm-“a typical example or pattern of something; a pattern or model”

If you guys thought this post was going to have a bad effect on “GvG” I don’t think it’s an issue anymore.We all know how rational "GvG"ers are, you can tell by all the killer comments /roll eyes. Or how they spammed the dev steam like children until they were muted, is there anyone you guys don’t inconvenience. It really blows my mind I’m just going to post my info and leave it at that I don’t have anything more to say to you people.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You still haven’t established the start of a pattern with your OP. Still haven’t explained the 10k from Blackgate. Your math is wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I don’t get why people are bothering to even argue. This is what? Fifth thread by the OP on the same thing? Not like any will change his mind and really only serves to feed the sentiment. This thread disappears off the front page, bet another pops up.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Zikory.6871

And yet you bump the thread…humm Jk! I figure at this point the thread is long enough that most people won’t take the time to read the whole thing. Also a lot of it is just a broken record so hopefully he’ll keep his campaign here instead of starting a new thread.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

This is just the first week It will eventually show a pattern if there is one. There are multiple variables but I am confident that it will keep a strong pattern that eventually won’t be debated.

Paradigm-“a typical example or pattern of something; a pattern or model”

If you guys thought this post was going to have a bad effect on “GvG” I don’t think it’s an issue anymore.We all know how rational "GvG"ers are, you can tell by all the killer comments /roll eyes. Or how they spammed the dev steam like children until they were muted, is there anyone you guys don’t inconvenience. It really blows my mind I’m just going to post my info and leave it at that I don’t have anything more to say to you people.

So you’ll stop talking now!?!? JOY!!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

I have been tracking the effect of “GvG” over the past few weeks on wvw north american T1 matchups . I am going to use the “GvG” ranking site along with score updates from the matchup thread to show my findings. This should put an end to the foolish notion that "GvG it doesn’t effect wvw negatively.

Findings for 8/2/13 match up:
If you guys look at the first picture it is a score update from the morning before the first gvg of 8/2/13 matchup and has blackgate ahead by 10k. The matches and scores at the start of each “GvG” are as follows:

1.Mob vs EP 8/4/13(Blackgate vs TC) Blackgate 10k points ahead
2. EP vs Rise 8/6/13 (Blackgate vs TC)
3. Tw vs Re 8/7/13 (Sor vs TC) Sor leads by 3k points
4. Tw vs Tsl 8/8/13 (Sor vs TC) Blackgate leads
the second picture was taken after the 3rd match up and shows the score tied bg then goes to take the lead by 10k. These are obvious examples of the paradigm shift caused by “GvG”.

Could “GvG” become the new form of espionage in gw2?

I will post info from current and future match ups aswell.

The people gvg-ing will not be contributing to ppt even if they weren’t gvg-ing… i don’t understand why you have a thread every week whining. Go play your ppt and let others play the game they want to. Why should we play it your way? There’s no rule that we HAVE to go for ppt. Esp when ppt is a show of who has the best coverage – nothing to do with who has more talent. So please – stop crying.