Tell us why JQ will be on tier 4

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

So we all know that almost all ppl transfered to JQ before the end of free transfers….

So a server with almost 50% ( i think) of all US population will be out of tier 1 for weeks….

So now all low tiers servers and also the tier 1 will get steam rolled and will probably pay a transfer to JQ (probably i understand this, anet must win money before ESO come out)….

So the queues on that server will become huge (unless they get bored of having all the map)…

My question is: why?

(edited by kefro.9312)

in WvW

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

People on JQ may get bored of waiting in queue… I’m hoping that upcoming changes to WvW change some of this – pugs have way too much interest in EB and not enough for the borderlands. Eb has Stonemist, and the borderlands had (past tense) orbs.

//Yamagawa

in WvW

kefro.9312

I read the changes they are planing to do and im not impressed…

Nothing in there will solve the main problems… they should put a developer playing full time in the tier 1 on the underdog side to see the problems of balance, one server has huge queues and the others get steam roled at week time.

On weekend JQ was losing bad cause the numbers were just the same, but at week time they drop queues from 5h to 1h but still a queue and full map wile the other servers can’t keep up… so is it fun having numbers, queues and not skills?

Seems like the only way to win is having queues of many hours, so its an easy fix… just remove the having more numbers = win and you get the queue problem solved…

Also more points at weekend (when its balanced in numbers at tier1) and less during week its also fair (= to all) and will make the pugs lose and spread out to the lower servers because they probably don’t like to have long queues and still lose

Or just force balance making those queues even longuer for them so they transfer cause of boredoom and because they cannot win with numbers solving the queue problem (not a good idea but its something…)

(edited by kefro.9312)

in WvW

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Is JQ going to be on tier 4? Said who? Cannot find any official announcements

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in WvW

kefro.9312

If they reset rankings and with that score… yes they will be in tier 4

Madness isn’t it?

in WvW

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

So a server with almost 50% ( i think) of all US population will be out of tier 1 for weeks….

you think we have 50% of ALL NA GW2 players?

you are very wrong lol

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

in WvW

kefro.9312

Yes you are right, probably more…
I was there and transfered cause im trying to make gw2 wvwvw a better place.. u know: more than 1 competitive server with endless queues steamrolling the others cause everyone is on one side…

(edited by kefro.9312)

in WvW

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

Wondo is in denial, since he is a recent transfer to JQ

in WvW

kefro.9312

Wondo is in denial, since he is a recent transfer to JQ

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Source? I haven’t seen this WvW news.

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

… with that score… yes they will be in tier 4

All based on a formula that’s not going to used anymore. The math for calculating next match up has not yet been released by anet.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

They will be out of tier 1 for one week. They will obviously crush the competetion in tier 4 and move up to tier one next week.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

WvW matchups shows them at -8 while maintaining the lead.

The system is completely bonkers. Just as it was starting to even it self out, we have to fight teams that are likely making people not going to queue for another month.

Oceanic guilds transferring into NA to help teams advance is rather annoying. People don’t queue right now because of that. I would hate to play in the top 6 where it’s culling forever, but it’s like that in the lowest tier now, too. One team will have 20 players to defend, and the other team has 60 attackers. The defending team won’t have outmanned buff. Garbage.

Resetting the matches before the update was a terrible idea.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

kefro.9312

Yep i think they will solve this wvwvw balance/more queues=win/coverage/populations problems only after the expantion comes out, well i am not going to buy it…
I was wrong thinking anet was diferent… they are all the same

(edited by kefro.9312)

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Guys, it even states on MOS millenium website that the figures are not accurate for next week… why are people basing their still basing their tier starting position on what the website says? I thought there must have been an announcement that stated how anet is going to calculate next weeks matchups, which there is not.

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

The fact that you think the out manned buff is actually a buff shows that you need more WvW experience.

Why are we still complaining about coverage? Its a 24 hour game. Do the Australians and the Asians not get to play this game too? Its not night capping, its their day time, what are you going to do, make them stop playing so you can feel better about the points you took during your day time? That makes no sense.

If you don’t like a game that keeps score while you sleep, then maybe this game isn’t for you.

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

you think we have 50% of ALL NA GW2 players?

you are very wrong lol

Nah this sounds about right broskiiez.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So we all know that almost all ppl transfered to JQ before the end of free transfers….

So now all low tiers servers and also the tier 1 will get steam rolled and will probably pay a transfer to JQ (probably i understand this, anet must win money before ESO come out)….

So the queues on that server will become huge (unless they get bored of having all the map)…

You lose all credibility when you say 50%. Besides, if this is the biggest thing you need to worry about in your life, then good for you.

in WvW

kefro.9312

The fact that you think the out manned buff is actually a buff shows that you need more WvW experience.

Why are we still complaining about coverage? Its a 24 hour game. Do the Australians and the Asians not get to play this game too? Its not night capping, its their day time, what are you going to do, make them stop playing so you can feel better about the points you took during your day time? That makes no sense.

If you don’t like a game that keeps score while you sleep, then maybe this game isn’t for you.

Yes lets transfer all to the same server so we can get a better coverage!
You are right!

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

Is JQ going to be on tier 4? Said who? Cannot find any official announcements

Devs already said in this forum that they’re using a new formula to calculate the rankings… I’m sure you guys can find the thread, and figure out that JQ isn’t leaving T1. It even says it on the Millennium site, and how the rankings aren’t to be taken into account for the week; since no one knows what the new ranking formula is going to be but Anet.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

New math: Score divided by population on map.

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

You lose all credibility when you say 50%. Besides, if this is the biggest thing you need to worry about in your life, then good for you.

I know he is underestimating that number, needs to do his research.

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

I read the changes they are planing to do and im not impressed…

Nothing in there will solve the main problems… they should put a developer playing full time in the tier 1 on the underdog side to see the problems of balance, one server has huge queues and the others get steam roled at week time.

On weekend JQ was losing bad cause the numbers were just the same, but at week time they drop queues from 5h to 1h but still a queue and full map wile the other servers can’t keep up… so is it fun having numbers, queues and not skills?

Seems like the only way to win is having queues of many hours, so its an easy fix… just remove the having more numbers = win and you get the queue problem solved…

Also more points at weekend (when its balanced in numbers at tier1) and less during week its also fair (= to all) and will make the pugs lose and spread out to the lower servers because they probably don’t like to have long queues and still lose

Or just force balance making those queues even longuer for them so they transfer cause of boredoom and because they cannot win with numbers solving the queue problem (not a good idea but its something…)

JQ losing bad a 3k difference from 1st-3rd is not bad. Who says its balanced on weekend you have those internal numbers I know for me weekends are for outside the house time not lock myself in my home office to play a video game time.

Numbers are skills just ask the Chinese army when they invaded the Korean pennisula.

in WvW

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

ANet should tweak the paid transfer prices to take into account not only where you’re transferring to, but also where you’re transferring from.

So for example, transferring from a High pop server like JQ to a Low pop like ET would free. Transferring High → Med could be slighter more expensive, say 300 gems. Low → Low = 600 gems. Low/Med → Med = 1200 gems, and Any → High = 1800 gems.

That would add more incentive to balance server populations.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

That is a great idea! (They will never do it.).

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Because every world will have reset ratings the system will treat the February 1st matchup as the first matchup and will calculate the ratings accordingly. The new ratings will then be calculated normally in the way that you’re already familiar with. We expect several weeks of volatility while the ratings settle down but we believe that it will ultimately yield a more correct result more quickly than letting the current ratings persist. That also means that the coming month or two will be a fantastic time to fight for your world’s place in the rankings!

Additionally, we’re taking advantage of the reset to revisit some of the math behind the ratings. I’ll have more to post on that once we’ve crunched some numbers and made some decisions.

The information on MOS about the new math appears to be wrong. There are changes coming, but comments in the stickied thread indicate that they are to be after the reset.

I hope they do end up changing the calculations for next week, because the current predictions are a nightmare.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

If people didn’t want them to reset the rating, they shouldn’t have stacked servers so much it threw off the current one. The reset was forced because some servers used the rating of dead ones to rocket up in rating, throwing the whole system off.

Now that 100man guilds can’t move servers on a whim, its the perfect time to let things resort themselves out. If your on a server that is higher than it should be, just play with small 15 man crews. Those are still very viable, just watch that red guard vid lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

This post is so ridiculous I don’t even know where to start. I play on JQ and in NA prime time. I sat in queue for no more than 10 minutes any point his week. 5 hours? LOL. Troll more.

As to your weekend post, not everyone likes to sit on the computer all weekend long. The weekend is also the largest population of part time WvW players and casual player, not that that is bad. Everyone should come have some fun.

Matches are 7 days for a reason. I’m sorry you are so kitten about where JQ may end up, but I can tell you we feel the same. Do you really think we want to play (as it stands right now if the match doesn’t change) 2 servers that are currently in T5? That’s no fun for us either.

We would much rather play servers like SoS, SoR, and BG. I’m not a fan of the reset, but it is what it is. Stop crying about things you cannot control and just go have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

If people didn’t want them to reset the rating, they shouldn’t have stacked servers so much it threw off the current one. The reset was forced because some servers used the rating of dead ones to rocket up in rating, throwing the whole system off.

Now that 100man guilds can’t move servers on a whim, its the perfect time to let things resort themselves out. If your on a server that is higher than it should be, just play with small 15 man crews. Those are still very viable, just watch that red guard vid lol.

Why would things not have sorted themselves out had they left them alone? Some of the servers were already where they belong.

JQ and SOS are tier 1 servers. They were already in tier 1. What benefit does it serve to have them smash the crap out of a couple of lower tier servers for a few weeks to prove they belong in tier 1 again?

Resetting the ratings makes it so no one is where they belong.

Should have just left it alone and let the servers that were out of place settle down to their correct tier naturally.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Because reasons.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

The point of making the old tier 1 servers prove again that they deserve to be there is this: large numbers of last-minute transfers have called the old rankings into question.

Is JQ still deserving of being in tier 1? It depends on how many people transferred in, and how many transferred out while free transfers were in place. Knowing that the answer is probably going to turn out to be “yes” doesn’t change the fact that the question needed to be asked.

And for some of the other servers, the answer is going to turn out to be “no”. There are servers that need to be pushed to a lower tier because they’ve lost a lot of population (like HoD and IoJ), and servers that need to be pushed to a higher tier because they’ve gained a lot (Kaineng). The old ratings are slowing this process down, making it take longer than it should for these servers to settle into their new positions.

Personally, I think this rating reset was a bad idea, but I can understand why it was done even if I don’t agree with it.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Snowreap.5174)

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

The point of making the old tier 1 servers prove again that they deserve to be there is this: large numbers of last-minute transfers have called the old rankings into question.

Is JQ still deserving of being in tier 1? It depends on how many people transferred in, and how many transferred out while free transfers were in place. Knowing that the answer is probably going to turn out to be “yes” doesn’t change the fact that the question needed to be asked.

And for some of the other servers, the answer is going to turn out to be “no”. There are servers that need to be pushed to a lower tier because they’ve lost a lot of population (like HoD and IoJ), and servers that need to be pushed to a higher tier because they’ve gained a lot (Kaineng). The old ratings are slowing this process down, making it take longer than it should for these servers to settle into their new positions.

Personally, I think this rating reset was a bad idea, but I can understand why it was done even if I don’t agree with it.

-ken

I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no reason at all any of the T1 servers should move. There is only 1 other server that can make a claim to T1 at this point and that is BG.

Kaineng should need to prove themselves in T2 before a shot at T1 and no other server would even come close. Any of these servers blowing out their current tier would get absolutely smashed in T1.

Like I said earlier, a full reset was not needed. This could have been manually done and been much closer than these new rating will be. However, still not knowing exactly what may happen with the ratings, all of this might be worthless speculation.

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

On weekend JQ was losing bad cause the numbers were just the same

Epic… 6k-8k difference is losing bad haha

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)