Terrible Map

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Thet.7153

Thet.7153

The new desert map is horrible. too confusing to figures out, too big and too much running. I play a lot of WvWvW, but I won’t be playing on this map. ANET better restore the old map. cause WvWvW is going to be a ghost town.

cog in the wheel for the Tarnished Coast
did you call me a PUG, I am Militia.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: way.3865

way.3865

It is a rubbish, too huge and can not find other player. I wonder I am playing a single RPG game.?

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Did someone get the scaling wrong? It feels like I’m Jack in Jack and the Beanstalk!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

i fully agree the new map has nothing to do with WvW. Its just another EOTM. When they change the rewards …blobs will be all over the place running headlessly around like turkeys without heads..and if they dont change the rewards ..desertborders will be empty.
…….my days in WvW….has come to an end with this setup…too bad ..had a lotta fun in there
Soon Eternal battleground will be gone too im sure.
Ill go EOTM atleast theres still a chance for at fight. But bloobing is way too boring in the long run. But EOTM is actually smaller than desert borders. Less running for capping and faster cause everything in WvW is fortified 24/7..
well all said ..
vaya condios WvW R.I:P

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Strikes me as a bit odd after 3 years of thread upon thread demanding new maps, then to see posters who did not participate in the discussion, giving this feedback. If you do not like larger maps, why didn’t you participate in the discussion?

Larger, more open maps, were asked for regularly, and I do not recall anyone asking not to make larger maps.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Strikes me as a bit odd after 3 years of thread upon thread demanding new maps, then to see posters who did not participate in the discussion, giving this feedback. If you do not like larger maps, why didn’t you participate in the discussion?

Larger, more open maps, were asked for regularly, and I do not recall anyone asking not to make larger maps.

What discussion? And do you have to log on to two accounts to post basically the same answer in two different threads?

When exactly were we consulted or asked to give feedback that was listened to in the design and testing of the new maps? I remember seeing many threads asking for less gimmicks, less pve, etc and what we get is a lot of running around, huge map, loads of pve mobs and a cheese event in the middle of the map.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Svarty.8019

If you’re into WvW, you’re really into PvE.

Now.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Funny, I really like the new map.

People don’t like change that’s the biggest problem. Even if the map was 100% perfect there would still be threads with people whinging.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

too many spot where you can bump guy to make them fall…

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

That laser event is a joke. We did it (3 or 4 of us – took about 10 minutes). Got this big popup saying that enemy gates were being hit. Went to an enemy-controlled tower – and the gate was at about 75%. Wow. All that time doing a cheese event for 25% damage to a fortified gate? That’s a big laser to do so little damage.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Funny, I really like the new map.

People don’t like change that’s the biggest problem. Even if the map was 100% perfect there would still be threads with people whinging.

It depends on the change.
PPK received a ton of positive feedback, golem rush… not so much.

For 3 years players have been asking for less gimmicks and less PvE in WvW, anet went the opposite way with this map.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Terrible Map

in WvW

Sich.7103

That laser event is a joke. We did it (3 or 4 of us – took about 10 minutes). Got this big popup saying that enemy gates were being hit. Went to an enemy-controlled tower – and the gate was at about 75%. Wow. All that time doing a cheese event for 25% damage to a fortified gate? That’s a big laser to do so little damage.

this depend… I have see one fortified gate loosing 40% heals… Don’t know how this work really…

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

I have been play a lot of MMOs over the years, and i can tell for sure – this new BL map its the best dungeon i have ever seen.
After the normal dungeon nerf, all PvErs should come to the new Desert borderlands map, is the perfect place for them, but its nothing even close to what we / WvW ONLY players / asked for.
Sadly, no matter what we do, or say, this map its here to stay, for very, very long time.
After 3 years, i realise that posting here, no matter what, good or bad, its all the same, Anet will never listen, they will always do whatever they think its good for us, whether we likes it or not.
You, guys just can ignore this part from the forum from now on, because nothing its going to change.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

the cannon map is not needed a big guild as expected, there arent many players on the BL after t2 or t1, a few 6-10 can make it in a few minutes.

Anet dumbs down the game every time they try to inovate, high AA classes(to players think they are good), easy bugs that are bused and not fixed until every one knows about it… bah..

The map itself is good and theres by far alot of potential strategies, problem is the community is a bunch of cheap players that want everything delivered on a press of a button.

btw is towers on enemy BL’ fixed? where we can port into enemy waypoint?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

2016 or bust…CU will be released…

New map is a bust. They should have replaced EBG only with the new map for a change up. Then leave the borderland maps for supply chain stuff with linkage to borderlands such has main gates or tunnels.

Nope. We get 3 of the same large maps to align with the former small 3 maps, that little to few people already played. If…EBG is the main playground, then simple logic should have changed that map, and only that map..

Go figure.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

If you’re into WvW, you’re really into PvE.

Now.

This. WvW is an extension of PvE that allows you to kill other players. Adjust, Adapt, Overcome…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The previous posters’ stance or consistency is irrelevant to the discussion, because that is bringing an argument to the posters rather than the topic ahead, which is not okay. Please keep this on topic, but I will entertain your point.

People who prefer the status quo generally aren’t going to post are they? They’re going to be playing the game. The forums generally are more complaint heavy so it makes more sense to complain when something they feel is wrong.

Furthermore, there were already concerns on the beta forum that the maps might be lacking if there weren’t enough numbers (implying size), and I don’t think I need to look up all that EOTM bashing, and EOTM is a fairly large map too.

Also, people’s minds can change. That doesn’t invalidate their point either.

If anything, I think I would have trouble finding people that wanted large maps with difficult to navigate terrain though I have stated in the past is primarily why I don’t like EOTM. EOTM had some rather interesting structure and lord features that I am amused to see in the new maps, so I didn’t dislike all aspects of EOTM, btw.

Finally, since we are speaking of a rather large group of people in general, I don’t think you could categorize their opinions so easily.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

CU in 2016?
Crowfall in 2017?

Anet are running out of time to start addressing core flaws in the WvW design. Like attempting even 1 of the 4,000+ viable suggested improvements to population issues / PPT / night capping / PvD etc etc that have been put forward in this forum alone.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I don’t think its the size that is the problem. Its the complexity. The new map is far too complex and unnecessarily so.

The actual footprint of the map is not that much bigger than EB or the old BL. But the problem is that you can’t run anywhere in a straight line. You’ve got to wind around and up and down and back and forth. So to get from point A to point B – even though they look close, it takes forever. That is the problem.

New maps were asked for yes, maybe even larger maps. But the main thing that was asked for was more open, less gimmicky, less PvEish, less mobs. And this map is the exact opposite of that.

This map is more evidence that Anet just doesn’t get it. We don’t need so much complexity. A complex map does not equal a good map. Anet has obviously never heard of KISS (and no, not the rock group).

No wonder it takes them so long to make a map. Anet you could make a greater number of simpler maps in the time it takes you to make a complex map and people would be happier. KISS, just remember KISS.

Terrible Map

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Well, as I posted in another thread, I think we could benefit from more bridges, wider bridges, wider terrain in certain places, as well as toning down of some pve features, because at least I didn’t come to do pve here.

Environmental hazards add flavor. I can agree with that. But if your flavor overwhelms the main dish, that’s an issue.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Personally I love the new map but I don’t think there should be 3 copies of it.

It’s too big for the tiers populations.
They should have made EotM a server borderland map, kept the Alpine BL, and added the new one as a third BL.

We would have 4 distinctive maps instead of 2 and the game would be much better.

Having 3 copies of the same maps makes no sense, it’s just a huge waste of space where the server populations are scattered.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Terrible Map

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I like the idea, Xillllix., and I think it makes sense, however I wonder how the servers can handle so many players on one map. I’m not particularly privy on these topics.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: CheezeStix.1076

CheezeStix.1076

Coglin?

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

What I learned about Guild Wars 2 today: People will complain about anything they can.

The new WvW map is what people have been asking for, the game play just needs to adjust to it. 40 man zergs were the meta, and the new map will help break up the zerg mentality.

Solo roamers have plenty to do, like picking off players trying to get to the main tag, or capping various ruins around the map. There are a number of places roamers will really shine, line picking off energy cells as solo players try to turn them in.

It’s too confusing? It’s been two days and people are expecting to know the entire map? This is WvW; if you’re like any of the WvW players I know you will be playing a lot of WvW over the next two years. Mastery, tactical and navigation of a map took a long time to learn when Guild Wars 2 came out. It was not obvious where to place siege, or where certain shortcuts could be taken right away.

This new map will take some time to adjust to. Players need to change their mindset when playing WvW now, and pick fights more wisely or they’ll be cut off from the main force.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

The new WvW map is what people have been asking for…

Absolutely incorrect. This new map is the exact opposite of what people have been asking for.

BG

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

What I learned about Guild Wars 2 today: People will complain about anything they can.

The new WvW map is what people have been asking for, the game play just needs to adjust to it. 40 man zergs were the meta, and the new map will help break up the zerg mentality.

Solo roamers have plenty to do, like picking off players trying to get to the main tag, or capping various ruins around the map. There are a number of places roamers will really shine, line picking off energy cells as solo players try to turn them in.

So PvE or try to catch a player that isn’t massively buffed by some gimmick mechanic like the one that gives perma stealth, also hope you find the player somewhere that isn’t next to one of those gates that cuts you off from the center of the map, or next to a tower/keep for them to run in.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Terrible Map

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Absolutely incorrect. This new map is the exact opposite of what people have been asking for.

How so?

It makes people harder to karmatrain, it gives more objectives, more places to scout, more to zergbusting when other group gets scouted, more strategies, more places to pull of players/groups into cliffs , less brain dead PVD, where 1 player could capture stuff w/o much effort.

The old BL’s were nothing less nothing more than off time karma train PVD zones.

Also it gives more room for improvements.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The map is beautiful, but as a WvW Border it doesn’t need multi-layers of convoluted terrain, tunnels , valleys and lots of empty wasteland.

It just seems unnecessary designed, like an anti-Eotm, but more like a PvEvW map.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

They need to ignore the people worried about server pride and just merge the WvW servers already. Or just turn them all into EotM style maps and call it a day.

The top 6, maybe 9 servers have a playerbase large enough to play WvW the way it was meant to be.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

How so?

It makes people harder to karmatrain, it gives more objectives, more places to scout, more to zergbusting when other group gets scouted, more strategies, more places to pull of players/groups into cliffs , less brain dead PVD, where 1 player could capture stuff w/o much effort.

The old BL’s were nothing less nothing more than off time karma train PVD zones.

The new maps are much more difficult to navigate making it more difficult to engage enemy players (if you can ever find them).

There are way too many PvE elements.

It takes longer to get from place to place, time spent running typically is less enjoyable than time spent fighting enemy players and there is more running now.

On our tier (very low), the auto-upgrade system means more objectives are upgraded. The combination of more upgrades and more competent and numerous NPCs makes doing anything but taking camps more difficult for small groups.

Being unable to waypoint “Bay” and “Hills” makes response and defense on your home BL much slower, which means less fights.

There is nothing in these maps to discourage zerging.

Having a very large number of opportunities to fall to your death and then have a very long run back to the action isn’t enjoyable.

Its a large-scale PvP map, all we need are some objectives to get the players to the same places, a little bit of terrain flavor to make the action feel different in different places and reasonable sized, easy to navigate maps to make dying a penalty but not something that interrupts the game too much.

These maps are not good, and it was said when they were unveiled by a lot of people.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

They need to ignore the people worried about server pride and just merge the WvW servers already. Or just turn them all into EotM style maps and call it a day.

The top 6, maybe 9 servers have a playerbase large enough to play WvW the way it was meant to be.

If Anet merges servers or reckts wvw by turning it to a EOTM model, it is bad news becouse they could not cater the free players to stay and play that mode.
Still to soon to know, game went free, skritts… i ment players…. still discovering the new shinnies on pve within time we will see how many of that 7million players gona try wvw or stay.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

How so?

No actually its the same number of objectives with more narrow chockes in between them (esp the eastern half of the map is just kittened) where if you meed a zerg or another equally sized guild group you will never want to push due to chockes. Less to scout because lets be real the matches will still be decided by coverage and since even towers have WPs really quickly now you can travel around even faster if you are the dominant server.
Roamers might have a lot of fun if they want to pick peolpe off. There are long distances to travel if you arent owning the map.

Before LordAnetDefener arrives and tells me some tales, same story as with EotM. It was designed, build and textured before we even knew it is happening. Beta tests were just there to fix bugs and performance issues, not actually to give feedback on the map itself.

The western and southern parts are ok imo. PVE perma stealth and so on have to go quickly tho.

My best guess was that Anet designed the map with the thought that people who want fights will use the new guild arena for that which is funny because we actually wanted meaningful fights in WvW.

~ Gandara

(edited by Slomo.1029)

Terrible Map

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

How so?

The new maps are much more difficult to navigate making it more difficult to engage enemy players (if you can ever find them).

There are way too many PvE elements.

It takes longer to get from place to place, time spent running typically is less enjoyable than time spent fighting enemy players and there is more running now.

On our tier (very low), the auto-upgrade system means more objectives are upgraded. The combination of more upgrades and more competent and numerous NPCs makes doing anything but taking camps more difficult for small groups.

Being unable to waypoint “Bay” and “Hills” makes response and defense on your home BL much slower, which means less fights.

There is nothing in these maps to discourage zerging.

Having a very large number of opportunities to fall to your death and then have a very long run back to the action isn’t enjoyable.

Its a large-scale PvP map, all we need are some objectives to get the players to the same places, a little bit of terrain flavor to make the action feel different in different places and reasonable sized, easy to navigate maps to make dying a penalty but not something that interrupts the game too much.

These maps are not good, and it was said when they were unveiled by a lot of people.

There arent pve elements if u ment the mobs that also meant gw1 gvg maps were pve maps……well WvW is a siege game, were player that dont want to play pve, will play that PVX mode, note a bland square were blobs colide isnt fun either, those need to happen naturally, and that is the thing that Anet need to improve by adding few more clever mechanics, instead of brainless ones as they often do.

I could agree terrain is to cliffy for BL, and a bit to much canyons, but that isnt what scouts server for? unless scouts only want straight forward clean area were they could spot anyone.
I am also from a small server that is stuck on t4, with usuallu 2-3 players on the BL, and arround 7 to ~25/30 on a very good day, and sometimes reach t3, we get obliterated by numbers alone.
The new BL’s only need players to be fun, like i said it needs time to see from the 7 million accounts how many will stay and fill our ranks in wvw.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I’m still not that certain what I think about the new maps – since I transferred to a gold server we should have enough people, in theory, but it feels just like the past 2 years which I spent in bronze and silver.
Sentries always showed enemy movement if one watched them carefully – I could bypass them as a thief, not possible anymore. Camps auto upgrade = usually if a zerg took it they didn’t upgrade it as they needed the supply, not anymore, so a camp is upgraded after 5 mins and you’ll have to fight 4 more npcs who hit pretty hard. Which is even worse since the guard stacks are gone (I don’t really object that they’ve been taken out, just that life as a roamer is really tough). As far as I know there’s no +5 guild buff anymore – the most important buff in wvw. That again is bad for small groups. And at least ACs need more supply to be build (I’d like to know the reasoning behind that).
All of this encourages zerging and discourages roaming – which is pretty sad as roaming is a big part of wvw.

The other point I don’t really agree with is the supply in a T3 keep which is 1100 for an EB keep and 1800 for SM. SM isn’t really meant to be held, I guess, so maybe it’s not that bad in that case, but as far as I know it’s ~500-600 supply to repair reinforced gates or fortified walls – 1100 supply isn’t much for that.
Also, we’ve had a huge blob on our BL before the changes and we were maybe 8. So what we did was denying them supply (someone rushing to the next camp and upgrading it) – and it worked, they left – we can’t do that anymore = smaller groups are at disadvantage.

That is only about the changes made to wvw in general – I like that there’s oil and cannon as a first upgrade so I don’t have to worry about putting siege in every tower anymore, also that everybody can take supply without worrying about upgrades – and that I save ~2 gold a day which I previously spent on upgrades – But I think a lot of the changes need fine tuning and should have roamers in mind as I haven’t been on a server on which I haven’t been “alone” (GH was an exception) for a few hours each day and I used to be able to do a lot on my own which is now really tough.
Maybe: Sentries start to show enemies if there’s 3+ or 5+, more time until a camp gets more NPCs, a panic button for someone to clear all supply in objectives.. But that’s just my opinion.

Edit: Grammar

(edited by Jana.6831)

Terrible Map

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

@Jana.6831 dont forget that mostly every one skritting arround pve at this time, when that task gets futfilled the usual sacrificial players will joing WvW.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

@Jana.6831 dont forget that mostly every one skritting arround pve at this time, when that task gets futfilled the usual sacrificial players will joing WvW.

That’s a minor point of what I wrote and even before the HoT Patch there were times when “no one” was online, so.. I realized that it doesn’t matter which “league” on is in, it’s all the same, there might be more small roaming groups in gold, more really good solo roamers (with cheese builds), more commanders/more commanders who know what they’re doing but the differences are marginally.
However, what gold has more is players.
But where in the past few could make a difference it becomes more and more difficult as the emphasis seems to be on zerging and that was my point.

ETA: WHat I’ve seen the past days on no matter which map was karma train – no idea what’s the reason behind it, maybe the automated upgrades, maybe because people rather want to do halloween events,maybe because they need to get used to the changed mechanisms. I hope that won’t last and I will take my time to see what impact the new maps have – what I could see now is a possible impact on small groups/scouts/roamers.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: KittyRiv.5291

KittyRiv.5291

As a pretty much exclusively WvW player I have played less since the release of hot than pretty much any other period where I was at home and able to play.

I am on a low tier server and the map is simply to large and has to many PvE related objectives. That and the auto upgrades further disadvantage lower population servers in their match up since they cannot try to combat opponents through gorilla tactics since everything is upgraded and a larger group can poor down on you before you can break a fortified tower.

Part of the problem is that a lot of people are doing the new PvE content but on lower population servers I don’t really expect the WvW experience to be greatly improved once that is finished and more people come back to WvW. I have spent most of my time running around flipping camps and shrines and ran into pretty much nobody. It is also boring when I want to be in WvW to fight people and instead I am fighting auto upgraded objective and I have to run long distances to get to anywhere.

Instead of the WvW experience being upgraded with a new map it feels like it has been downgraded to an EOTM experience, but with no players. More players might start showing up but the fact remains that the terrain and PvE focus objectives are not conducive to type of fights that the classic WvW players were looking for.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.6340

Sol.6340

The new maps took everything that I loved and spent thousands of hours on and got rid of it. My entire server could fit in one map, be out maneuvered and out zerged. I have no doubt that we can adjust but this is not fun right now. It’s too big. The mechanics are confusing. The upgrades are OP for small roaming groups.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

its way to complex for me and way too big and way too much pve eotm style for me. ill go eb only. hopefully we get to use the old maps again and this map will be a separate thing….

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

My entire server could fit in one map, be out maneuvered and out zerged.

And somehow Anet didn’t see this coming a mile away when most of us did and told them? The map is great, but the population is the issue.
If you make a new map that works best with 100 players and you make 3 copies of it, then how can you expect that map to be played on a server that can barely have 40 people online at prime time and has 5-10 people online the rest of the day?

400 player spots to fill with EBG, and the server has barely anyone online at prime time, and Anet still doesn’t want to merge servers? Why can’t this work?

Even in T2 we can’t fill 25% of the maps.

And don’t misunderstand us, what we want isn’t a randomized server mashup like EotM, but a real guild-based alliance system instead.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Gaab.4257

Gaab.4257

And that would be the end of WvW.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

So, I didn’t find the map particularly hard to navigate, some of the Earth Keep stairs were a bit interesting but nothing that couldn’t be overcome. My group and I blew up several blobs in those lovely choke points that seem just, well, designed to do just that… hmmm

Seems strategy and coordination are going to be the key to these maps unlike brainless PVD, roaming gank squads and the ever tiresome “fites guilds” rolling around.

Kind of like actual warfare.

CCCP….

Terrible Map

in WvW

Svarty.8019

This is getting ridiculous… and toxic. People who haven’t even tried the map are … not even trying the map. This is a bad start, but it could be salvaged.

Hardly anybody has claimed an objective yet. I’ve never seen a shield generator deployed in anger (!). Hopefully some of those upgrades will help when attacking enemy things.

We need time to adjust to this new map, I think when people start to give it a bit more time they’ll find it to be slightly better than they first imagined.

But the map needs more players (in our matchup at least).

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: SlowFiveOhh.2359

SlowFiveOhh.2359

Horrible vision for WvW. Way too much pve stuff. This was the last straw for me. Uninstalled game and am moving on with my money. Bye Anet. You dropped the ball.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Sich.7103

it’s not only the map…. Ok we can learn the map, but all this bad mechanicsm !
The central event and this canon who is just here to increase the power of the most powerfull team on the map. Grat.
Big map and WP removed…
WP on T0… There no need to defend anything, just take it back after you lost it… T0 and T3 is the same.
Auto upgrade, free upgrade (supply)… Then supply camp and doly are just useless now…

A lot of very bad thing who are completly killing WvW !
You add all this with this too complex map and you have a big fail !

Terrible Map

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Map was designed to old a large population guys, give time to it at least :P, as much i hate some stuff here on this game the only thing that lacks on the new maps are players, and that needs time.
Still saying big weapon at center is to much easy to do with just a few, Anet need to add more control tarrain system(territory control) than control towers.
(altough i cant see that influx comming across all servers)

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

I may be wrong, but i think, this map was never meant to be a wvw map, i think, this map was designed to be pve map, at some point they give up this idea and this map has been left on the side.
And when they decided to launch the expansion, this map was quickly redesigned to be the new WvW BL.

Terrible Map

in WvW

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

You know that Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Commercial? The whole, ‘you got your chocolate in my peanut butter, and you got your peanut butter on my chocolate?’:

https://youtu.be/O7oD_oX-Gio

Well, ANet got their PvE chocolate in our WvW peanut butter. That doesn’t mean chocolate is bad, I like some chocolate once in a while…but not on my peanut butter toast. The HoT PvE and general open world changes, the new PvE maps, are theor typical excellent work, some truly amazing design…but the WvW BL maps, are as damaging to WvW as anything I could imagine an exploiting player could do. Like the maps or not, I don’t think even those who think they are well done would say they have improved WvW.

No-one does needless gimmicky fluff better than ANet. Just like in life, there are times when that’s exactly what you need. Play in a PvP environment is NOT one of those times.

These maps have vastly reduced flow, longer travel time, they’ve completely killed the long sightlines, fortifications like towers are so large that a cat could be hitting one side and not only can you not hear it but it takes forever to run the perimeter, there is WAY too much PvE content, too many NPCs/mobs, far too much jumping-puzzle/fractal/Stormhammer-type elements…I am honestly astounded that the stats they must have on the gameplay types/game modes and which players spend their time in what supported this crossover content. I would NO be astounded to find out it doesn’t support that and they just did it anyway.

The WP bug – one of many – should never have made it’s way out of testing. I noticed it early in my first session. ANet does a lot of things well, in the MMO context, they are arguably the best at some things. Others however, as this new BL map is showing us, they are clearly and literally, the worst.

I came back to GW2 for it’s PvP…I pre-ordered HoT as a show of faith. That has proven to be a mistake, as was their mixing of game modes. Lets hope ANet does not compound that mistake by ignoring what it’s players are saying, what I have no doubt the numbers will say, as regards these BL maps. It’s obviously the result of a lot of work, and I see zero chance they will revert to the old maps…but leaving these new ones as they are right now, in their current form, is unacceptable madness.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube