Thank You Arena Net Staff

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

Looking over the forums a bit recently, and I see allot of complaints and negativity directed towards Anet and its staff. While I do agree with many of the complaints and “suggestions” I also realize that it is impossible to be perfect and please everyone, and I hope everyone else will stop for a moment to consider these simple facts as well. The Dev’s are not gods, they are people just like us. They can make mistakes, they can make an error in choices. BUT I think they are doing a much better job at remedying these thing than other MMORPG companies. Take into account: we don’t have a monthly subscription fee, we don’t have to “pay-to-win” (as in, everything you really need can be earned with game play, money spent is mostly for cosmetics). Ever play Vindictus?, a game by Nexon? The worst company ever, whose sole purpose was milking money from dumb American teens( Korean based). Their servers would crash for hours or days at a time. Half the time, when it was up, you could not enter any instance and ALL of the game was instance based. Sure, you could NOT purchase any “NX”, (that companies equivalent to gems), and be the weakest, unwanted player on the party…….but who wants to be “that guy”?

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had my share of run ins with Anet. My account was banned for a couple of weeks AFTER I reported someone hacking it and using it to bot with. Yet after more info, and backup from friends, they re-instated it. I’ve had posts deleted and been warned for “insulting specific players” (people hacking) but I know they are just keeping forums clean. Heck, they even changed my name to the current ’cuz I was “irking” them. ( to irk; is to highly irritate someone)

All that being said. Thank You Anet staff! You put out an awesome game! Thank you for your hard work to please us playing. Thank you for the many hours you spend developing the graphics for the great number of maps available to us. Thank you for your best efforts to encourage team cooperation!
I’m not trying to get on their good~side here with this post. I’m sure I’ll be a pain to them in the future as well. But I will say this, cut them some slack! GW2 IS the best MMORPG there is. And if you really don’t like it, well then go back to where you were before!

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I would link a youtube video here and it’ll be enough for you to change from thank you to kitten you Anet, but if I link it I’ll probably get banned because the video creator did.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Speaking of pay to win games and Nexon.

Ever played Shaiya? Game from aeria games then bough by nexon? Lol.

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

0/10 obvious troll is obvious

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Atiar.5469

Atiar.5469

I don’t think it’s a troll post. I agree with OP.

The saddest thing is, I expected the title to be sarcastic, and the thread to be a massive flame.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The very last thing we need in the WvW forum is an OP like this. Anet is, by all accounts doing an ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE job on the WvW side of things with ZERO hope for optimism.

in WvW

Posted by: Radiology.3597

Radiology.3597

This is the last thing we need because as you know, Anet will often pull these type of post and grab kitten out of context in order to make them look good, just like the bloodlust stream, “oh we appreciate your hard work”, why didn’t you bother reading the other concerns of your community? What concerns? Oh please, let me remind you:

- WvW Balance in terms of population
- The ridiculous ratio it requires to be out numbered
- The uselessness of the out numbered buff
- How it will even be more useless when that outnumbered buff is nullified by the bloodlust buff because of overpopulation.
- WvW wxp issues to provide an incentive or a reason to even defend, everything is offense oriented, rewards for taking, drops for taking, you get NOTHING for defending a doly, camp, tower, keep, or castle.
- Your rewards for the short play totally outweighs your rewards for the longplay (PPT) which makes PPT pointless, aside for winning just to win.
- Ridiculous lifetime achievement points, and lack of compared to PvE and PvP
- Bringing back the orb mechanic which proved to cause snowball effects, instead of a competitive edge
- We don’t want siege wars
- Skill lag
- GvG: We want to have Guild Wars in Guild Wars. Is that too much to ask for?
- Lack of attention to the commander tag, such as exclusivity to guild members, or squad members on the map, so coordination can be had. Speed buffs to be able to drive your squad, etc.
- Mystic Forge: It takes forever to make a stack of superior siege, can we not have a “craft all” button?
- More incentive exclusivity for WvW to help attract people back to it. Because really, there is no reason to WvW. You get nothing. You are far more financially stable as a PvE player, more chances at rares, exotics, and precursors (Daily world boss chests, dungeon chests, fractal chests), armor and weapon skins exclusive to PvE play. If you REALLY play WvW, you know what I’m talking about. You force WvW players to PvE all the time, yet have done nothing.
- How about some fixes on hacks and bugs? There are servers still using arrow cart cam hacks, towers being flipped just like that because gates are bugged.
- Anti Stealth: Introduce some because you guys are crazy if we’re going to spend 15 badges + 10 supply + karma on a anti stealth mechanic when I’ll be lucky to get 2 badges on the kill.

I can list even more but whats the point right? What does this all say to me? That there is no reason to WvW and they don’t care if there is no reason to play WvW So hell no, they don’t deserve a pat on the back, at least not from this community because what have they done but introduce even more game breaking mechanics to the game? What have they really done to make the WvW community happy that was in the interest of the community? They have a loyal community, a proactive one at that, which gives them the time of day, and money, to help the game progress, but as of late, I can’t help but feel cheated that we are being funneled into a broken failed esports dream.

(edited by Radiology.3597)

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Did you really just define “irk” for us? Anyway, Anet is the same as any other MMORPG company, GW1 was something special but GW2 is the same old crap that is every other MMO in existence. Only game company in recent history I have respect for is Grinding Gear Games. In Path of Exile (their RPG game) devs will actually have conversations with players in game while they are playing. Never seen that in any other game. You can go read Josh Foreman’s blog if you want to see how Anet handles player communication.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I can list even more but whats the point right? What does this all say to me? That there is no reason to WvW and they don’t care if there is no reason to play WvW

Do you realize that GW2 is a game and the only “reason” to play it should be to have fun?
I play WvW because I love massive, confusing battles between dozens of players.

It could be better (and I concur with some of the points you mentioned), but as long as it will be fun, I’ll play WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Radiology.3597

Radiology.3597

I can list even more but whats the point right? What does this all say to me? That there is no reason to WvW and they don’t care if there is no reason to play WvW

Do you realize that GW2 is a game and the only “reason” to play it should be to have fun?
I play WvW because I love massive, confusing battles between dozens of players.

It could be better (and I concur with some of the points you mentioned), but as long as it will be fun, I’ll play WvW.

I agree and am exactly with you, I play WvW because of the massive PvP and yes you play to have fun, but who has fun being roflstomped week in week out due to fixable and balance issues out of your power that should have been addressed long ago? It becomes pointless if you’re going to play on an uneven playing field week in week out.

But whatever, I never played GW1 and many people said they enjoyed that much more. Maybe I’ll go try it out since it still has a following.

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

I would link a youtube video here and it’ll be enough for you to change from thank you to kitten you Anet, but if I link it I’ll probably get banned because the video creator did.

Oh, come off it. ANet is doing wayyyy better than your average company who is in charge of an MMO. You actually get quick customer support from ANet (who currently has more customers than other companies who fail to provide constant customer support). They are providing us with constant patches that have changes to hopefully keep balance in this game. Tons of patches that try to balance the classes… most companies will not do this.

We have constant content updates.

Your exploiters don’t rule the community here and your gold sellers don’t own the chat logs here.

So, yes, thank you Arena Net staff for being great to this game and its community.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I understand that some people are kitten ed because gvg hasn’t a place in gw2. I don’t do gvg, i think it’s a stupid waste of time and is done to kitten around.
It would be nice for players who like to gvg that they could without need to go into wvw for that and get a separated map, but I think Anet makes a good job. It’s not perfect and they make mistakes (like orb buffs, bloodlust and some of the things sacrx mentioned) but there is no game out there where you don’t have things that really suck and there won’t be ever.
I still have fun doing wvw and if it’s one of those days where i haven’t i don’t log in.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

You actually get quick customer support from ANet

Tell that to Hugh Norfolk the next time he glitches through Longview’s doors, that has been broken for about a year

Or to anyone who tried to kick an offline person from his party in the last year

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

A majority of the issues in WvW can be summarized by saying that there are WvW players/guilds have moved beyond being casual and have evolved strategies faster than Anet’s “WvW is casual” Devs can react.

(edited by Swamurabi.7890)

in WvW

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

Sry Chiolas, not a troll here, just a player that is stating that we don’t need all the negativity directed at the dev’s as of late.
Want them to heed our suggestion’s folks? What makes you think calling them incompetent will inspire them to do so? This post was not intended to be an argument over whether or not they should be thanked, I honestly didn’t expect any further posts on it, just a simple spurt of gratitude for what they do do to balance out all the whining out there. As I said before, yeah there is allot that can be done to make it better, there are issues, both personel and general, that need to be fixed, but what we do have is pretty sweet and will only get better as they work to improve it. Basically, just have some patience and cut them some slack is all I’m saying. And maybe even show them some love, might make them a little more attentive to us than dissing them will. =)

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

As said before if we linked you Sacrx’s video he made you recently you would do a 180 on the thankyou. Come tuesday i imagine a lot of Hardcore WvW’ers are going to start leaving the game because Anet are flogging their dead Spvp horse and dont see how great WvW is. Roll on Wildstar.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Need I remind anyone of the banner res on a keep lord? I am sure that will ruffle a couple of feathers… and its such an easy fix!

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Kai.9182

Kai.9182

Looking over the forums a bit recently, and I see allot of complaints and negativity directed towards Anet and its staff. While I do agree with many of the complaints and “suggestions” I also realize that it is impossible to be perfect and please everyone, and I hope everyone else will stop for a moment to consider these simple facts as well. The Dev’s are not gods, they are people just like us. They can make mistakes, they can make an error in choices. BUT I think they are doing a much better job at remedying these thing than other MMORPG companies. Take into account: we don’t have a monthly subscription fee, we don’t have to “pay-to-win” (as in, everything you really need can be earned with game play, money spent is mostly for cosmetics). Ever play Vindictus?, a game by Nexon? The worst company ever, whose sole purpose was milking money from dumb American teens( Korean based). Their servers would crash for hours or days at a time. Half the time, when it was up, you could not enter any instance and ALL of the game was instance based. Sure, you could NOT purchase any “NX”, (that companies equivalent to gems), and be the weakest, unwanted player on the party…….but who wants to be “that guy”?

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had my share of run ins with Anet. My account was banned for a couple of weeks AFTER I reported someone hacking it and using it to bot with. Yet after more info, and backup from friends, they re-instated it. I’ve had posts deleted and been warned for “insulting specific players” (people hacking) but I know they are just keeping forums clean. Heck, they even changed my name to the current ’cuz I was “irking” them. ( to irk; is to highly irritate someone)

All that being said. Thank You Anet staff! You put out an awesome game! Thank you for your hard work to please us playing. Thank you for the many hours you spend developing the graphics for the great number of maps available to us. Thank you for your best efforts to encourage team cooperation!
I’m not trying to get on their good~side here with this post. I’m sure I’ll be a pain to them in the future as well. But I will say this, cut them some slack! GW2 IS the best MMORPG there is. And if you really don’t like it, well then go back to where you were before!

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Sry Chiolas, not a troll here, just a player that is stating that we don’t need all the negativity directed at the dev’s as of late.
Want them to heed our suggestion’s folks? What makes you think calling them incompetent will inspire them to do so? This post was not intended to be an argument over whether or not they should be thanked, I honestly didn’t expect any further posts on it, just a simple spurt of gratitude for what they do do to balance out all the whining out there. As I said before, yeah there is allot that can be done to make it better, there are issues, both personel and general, that need to be fixed, but what we do have is pretty sweet and will only get better as they work to improve it. Basically, just have some patience and cut them some slack is all I’m saying. And maybe even show them some love, might make them a little more attentive to us than dissing them will. =)

I don’t know how long you’ve been playing this game, but I’ve been playing since launch. If you have the time, go back and browse the zillions of forum posts respectfully asking/suggesting/begging for key changes and fixes to WvW that never even got acknowledged and certainly have never been fixed. Then come back here and tell us how effective it is to sit back and wait, not that ranting has done any better. The point is that it isn’t going to matter much what we say or how we say it … WvW is what it is and the WvW devs are what they are.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]