Thank you! Account-wide WxP

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/world-xp-and-you/

To the WvW team: Thank you so much for making this change. I know you have been opposed to this for a long time, so I really appreciate your willingness to change your plans to meet the community’s request.

Suddenly, I have the freedom to play alts to my hearts content in WvW. I’m so excited!

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

As a player that enjoys small roaming parties in WvW more than anything else and likes having the option to play more than one class, I want to say thank you too.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Finally something good for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Let the goodwill flow =]

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: dilrajjitsingh.2147

dilrajjitsingh.2147

This is awesome, looking forward to these changes

in WvW

Posted by: PHARAOH.3465

PHARAOH.3465

Thank you…..I can play WvW even when I don’t feel like rolling on my main! <3

Prince Pharaoh – human mesmer
Lord Pharaoh – sylvari ranger
etc, etc – one 80 of each class

in WvW

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

Thank you indeed!

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

i want that all the chars i create share the same level as my main. if enough ppl start crying arena will always grant our wishes …. absolute hate this change.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in WvW

Posted by: Frontier.2536

Frontier.2536

i want that all the chars i create share the same level as my main. if enough ppl start crying arena will always grant our wishes …. absolute hate this change.

Care to elaborate why ?

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Nice, I have been talking against this for quite some time due to thinking that it would not be possible to have character based point-allocation if they made the ranks account-bound but now it seems like they actually can, so awesome change!

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

TY TY TY

Finally i can use another toon without being negatively effected
Don’t get me wrong I love my necro commander, but its not really built for roaming or solo stuff when i need a break

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Credit where credit’s due. That is definitely a good addition to WvW and I thank you for it.

But because I am a heartless gamer, when will we be able to get ascended weapons at a reasonable rate in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Just goes to show you that you can’t please everyone—however, I imagine this change of heart is pleasing to a vast majority of WvW players.

So many times I have wanted to run around with something other than my main alt in WvW…but felt penalized when I did (main toon is almost rank 200) and has maxed out a few traits….felt weaker running around with any other of my toons.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

The reasons why WvW rank should be account bound are obvious, but I honestly thought a.net had painted themselves into a corner with their previous repeated statements that this wasn’t going to happen. I’m surprised at this reversal, but pleasantly so.

Now watch them make a trait progression system that forces us all to go farm PvE (yes, previous experiences have made a pessimist of me).

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Amazing, well done Anet, I thank you for listening to your players.
I can have so much more freedom in wvw and what character I play now.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaytee.9513

Jaytee.9513

I feel this is wrong because of the stacked servers ability to dominate and gain wxp at a greater rate than those under-populated.

Note that some players have accumulated over 2000 levels (probably on some blob heavy karma training server) while others who play similar hours on undermanned servers gain far less.

Is this fair? ANET needs to address this disparity or players will just migrate to the servers who can dominate their tier……

Want to talk about power creep?

Well when you account bound WXP you exacerbate the problem and power differences become far greater……..

Just pointing out some issues that no one seemed to notice…….and you wonder why server stacking occurs and game population starts to dwindle?

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Well played by Anet. A small step forward but a step forward nonetheless. I even logged in today.

If Anet continue making player friendly decisions like these I might just come back.

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

“All earned World XP on an account will be put into a single pool.”

I’m curious as to whether or not they’re going to include the WXP earned by characters that have been deleted.

For example, I had a level 80 human warrior that I played a bunch of WvW with but decided he looked terrible and much preferred the charr equivalent and created a new warrior. I just deleted the human just over a fortnight ago since he was just wasted space.

I’ll certainly feel slightly annoyed if his WXP didn’t count. But then again, it would technically be my fault for deleting him.

That said, I am definitely looking forward to this change. Might even put a little guard leech on my ranger… Sweet, sweet condition damage.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

I feel this is wrong because of the stacked servers ability to dominate and gain wxp at a greater rate than those under-populated.

Note that some players have accumulated over 2000 levels (probably on some blob heavy karma training server) while others who play similar hours on undermanned servers gain far less.

Is this fair? ANET needs to address this disparity or players will just migrate to the servers who can dominate their tier……

Want to talk about power creep?

Well when you account bound WXP you exacerbate the problem and power differences become far greater……..

Just pointing out some issues that no one seemed to notice…….and you wonder why server stacking occurs and game population starts to dwindle?

I hope you’re trolling, (and if you do, that was just bad) because this statement here shows that you have little to no idea about wvw.

What, in Balthazar’s flames, account bound wvw exp has to do with power creep and server stacking? Spoiler alert: nothing. It just gives the option for people to play more than one class in WvW, try many new things easier and have more fun in many different ways. Hell, it means roamers may start zerging whenever they feel like, and it means more zergers can start roaming, whenever they feel like.

You’re probably from an under-performing WvW server and you’re just trying to find reasons to cry. Please, keep unreasonable and negative perspectives to yourself, since this is something the community has been dying asking and it’s one of the best decisions Anet has made, along with the Edge of the Mists map and the WvW abilities.

WvW is a totally different place since I started, because Anet is doing a really good job polishing it and offering many new and unique experiences to the WvW playerbase. In my opinion, no one has any reason to cry or to disapprove this.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

thank you devon

• i love the method that you guys have implemented for wxp. As a long time MMO player, my fear was reward and gain and having the option to shift the points is a brilliant idea.

Awesome job and thank you for listening to the community

-Fuzz

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Radonium.1295

Radonium.1295

Thanks a lot!

previously Desert Sun [DSun] – Piken Square