Thank you for taking spying to a new level.

in WvW

Posted by: Earlywood.7438

Earlywood.7438

Tonight we got to experience a player spy for the other servers, not sure which one, by creating a duplicate guild of our tag and tagging up and following our tag and dropping ballistas every few seconds. The dedication of trolling was real. 2 thumbs up. Anet liked it too since they were in the crowd. It was an amazing experience to be a part of:)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

ouch dood.

/15

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Someone surely was bored… Can we blame them?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Earlywood.7438

I guess if you’re going to spy, might as well go all in:)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I don’t know why would someone “spy” in a game where you gain nothing for “winning” but if you still want to belive it was a spy but not a troll, go ahead. Whatever sails your ship…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Heh, not often that one troll goes to that level, all we get here is constant tactivator/siege trolls, no-one has quite gone beyond that here.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Earlywood.7438

I don’t know why would someone “spy” in a game where you gain nothing for “winning” but if you still want to belive it was a spy but not a troll, go ahead. Whatever sails your ship…

Spy or troll. I’m not about to try to argue the difference. To me they are the same and I usually ignore them. This one was funny enough to share is all.

in WvW

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

This happened to us a few weeks ago too. Someone created the same guild tag as us and joined our raid which meant the guild we were fighting always thought we had more numbers that we said we had, also the trolling behaviour and other guild blaming us for it. Sad times . . .

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

People tend to get annoying when they see an arenanet tag, it’s to point out the problems with WvW which they havent fixed in so long, and/or just attention seeking.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Report all instances. Attempting to impersonate people should count for something.

I’ve seen such cases before and it takes a lot of repeated reports to do anything.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You’re wrong. Hardcore WvWers play for server pride. We stop at nothing to win! FOR GLORY!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

The server I am on has TS3 spies and tag watchers from the other servers we hve been playing against. They already have more people than the server I am on, so they end up blobbing us down right outside of our spawn. It is ridiculous.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

The real question here is why guild tags aren’t unique. They should always have been, even in PvE, even before Megaservers. Too late now.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

You’re wrong. Hardcore WvWers play for server pride. We stop at nothing to win! FOR GLORY!

There’s still server pride?

Man… I haven’t looked at the score for over a year now, and I can’t even tell you who we’ve been paired with (or fought) for a long time either. I’ve been playing wvw exclusively since 2013 or so.

I remember spying used to be a real thing back in the day, but it seems so silly now.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

As long as the troll(s) aren’t wasting your supply or using hacks to win I don’t see the big deal tbh. It seems like a valid tactic to me. It’s a war game. Demoralization of your enemy is a good thing. “Oh no, someone has the same looking tag and throwing ballistas on the ground”. Seems like that harmless trolling worked?

People have been trolling other server’s guilds for years now, and I always found it funny no matter what side of it I’m on. The sensitivity level of some people(I don’t specifically mean the OP)is on another level for some WvW players.

I honestly hope for stuff like this to happen all the time, it makes things interesting in a game that really hasn’t been for a while. There’s only 2 ways to really win nowadays, collect more bags than your enemy does from you, or make them so salty they lose their cool and send u rage whispers and/or go play in EOTM against uplevels. If it doesn’t break the TOS, you shouldn’t get in trouble for it. If it’s not in the TOS, blame Anet.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

As long as the troll(s) aren’t wasting your supply or using hacks to win I don’t see the big deal tbh. It seems like a valid tactic to me. It’s a war game. Demoralization of your enemy is a good thing. “Oh no, someone has the same looking tag and throwing ballistas on the ground”. Seems like that harmless trolling worked?

People have been trolling other server’s guilds for years now, and I always found it funny no matter what side of it I’m on. The sensitivity level of some people(I don’t specifically mean the OP)is on another level for some WvW players.

I honestly hope for stuff like this to happen all the time, it makes things interesting in a game that really hasn’t been for a while. There’s only 2 ways to really win nowadays, collect more bags than your enemy does from you, or make them so salty they lose their cool and send u rage whispers and/or go play in EOTM against uplevels. If it doesn’t break the TOS, you shouldn’t get in trouble for it. If it’s not in the TOS, blame Anet.

This attitude is why WvW will never succeed on any game. The majority of folks want an exciting and relatively equal fight against other guilds/servers. But you always have these other turkeys whose main idea of fun is to troll/exploit/beat the system for the sole purpose of not winning in points, or matches, or even winning fights, but to ‘demoralize’ players enough so they quit. Keep flexing that kitten, your my hero.

Ironically, this kitteners will usually the first to go to the forum and moan and groan that the population is dropping, and WvW quality is dropping. they have no one to play against, etc. Yet these few, whose attitude is to try to break the system, exploit, whatever to make other players demoralize and. using the op’s words, ‘quit and go play EoTM’ are the main reason the population has dropped to the point we have it now.

Anet cannot fix player stupidity, unfortunately.